Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
100149brp.jpg

Great boxart is a plus for purchase. :bouncy:

Dear Zero,

When will you come to visit? I miss you. You can bring your Dragon, but he has to sleep outside.

Love,

slow

PS: Bring your extra *ahem* costumes.

Dear Zero,

When will you come to visit? I miss you. You can bring your Dragon, but he has to sleep outside.

Love,

slow

PS: Bring your extra *ahem* costumes.
Hopefully she doesn't get lost in customs, but their office is pretty easy to find. Just follow the digital river.

As someone that's never ordered from DR (but has heard plenty of horror stories) and has the collector's edition on order, I'm hoping this goes smoothly.

This might not mean much to anyone, but the boxart for Tales of Hearts R is up now:

100149brp.jpg

Lookin' good. :bouncy:
I went ahead and pre-ordered Tales of Hearts R, and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Limited Edition. I figured I might as well go ahead and order them rather than miss out and regret it, or pay more than I should to buy it later.

Sorry if the formatting is all weird; using an iPad.

I actually got the Asian version of FFX-2 off eBay a few weeks ago for about $37ish. Here are the front and back covers. The game has an English dub with and English subtitles according to the box.
Question that I probably already know the answer to - any chance you've tried the cross-save functionality between the American PS3 version & the Asian Vita version? Is there any possible way that will work? I'm guessing know, but it would be nice to have someone check & confirm for certain. :)

Mind Zero in two weeks.

Anyone actually getting it?
I'm considering it. The reviews seem to mostly be positive, though I'm going by the reviews for the Japanese port. I can't say for sure I won't buy it.

I'm considering it. The reviews seem to mostly be positive. I've had it in my wish list on Amazon for some time now, but damn is my backlog getting carried away.
I know the feeling. My backlog has been growing horrendously since I've joined this site. It's gotten so bad that when my husband asked me if I would prefer some jewelry he thought I would like or video games for my Mother's Day present, I actually said jewelry. D:

I know the feeling. My backlog has been growing horrendously since I've joined this site. It's gotten so bad that when my husband asked me if I would prefer some jewelry he thought I would like or video games for my Mother's Day present, I actually said jewelry. D:
My fiance is starting to give me a hard time at all of the games I can't tell her for sure if I like them of not. Hell, half of them are still in the plastic wrap. Of course she loves anime, so she usually ends up telling me they look like cool games anyways.

I tip my glass at you for being a lover of fine gaming and fine jewelry. :applause:

Question that I probably already know the answer to - any chance you've tried the cross-save functionality between the American PS3 version & the Asian Vita version? Is there any possible way that will work? I'm guessing know, but it would be nice to have someone check & confirm for certain. :)
someone on gamefaqs said no. But you can pick up Asian PS3 version for it to work.

Anyone here have experience with Nippon Yasan or Superufo? Was planning to import a 64GB Vita card, and Amazon's prices are jacked to hell (I have watched the price go up like 20$ in the past 3 days for anything guaranteed by Amazon)

I'm a huge fan of The Legend of Heroes series. The last one I played was Trails in the Sky and not knowing when or if the next one will be released stateside. Is it worth getting the next game in the series as an import right now? The only thing stopping me is the language barrier if everything happens to be in Japanese.

TITS2 was announced for a North American release a couple months back, I think. Don't remember for what systems, but I kinda wanna say PC?

If you do a search on Siliconera, you'll probably find it fairly easily.

TITS2 was announced for a North American release a couple months back, I think. Don't remember for what systems, but I kinda wanna say PC?

If you do a search on Siliconera, you'll probably find it fairly easily.
Do you mean this? http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/27/sony-localizing-legend-heroes-trails-flash-series-chinese/

It only says that they are localizing it in Chinese.

There's also this http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/06/xseed-tease-looks-like-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky/ but it seems to be speculation and something from awhile ago. :wall:

It is being released for PC/PSP by xseed. Digital only.

Edit: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/11/expect-legend-heroes-trails-sky-sc-mid-2014-says-xseed/

I started playing it a while back but didn't finish. I didn't like the story or characters that much. I only really liked the blonde guy.
Ah, thanks for the information. And I think I've been looking at a totally different series in the same universe or something. I just saw someone say "Sen no Kiseki" in this thread and checked it out. I enjoyed the first chapter of 'Trails In The Sky' so I bet I'll enjoy the second just as well.

I've heard good things about Mind Zero. I'll probably grab it around the $10 price point. Same with Tales of Hearts R. I've just got too much backlog to do anything near full price anymore, and the Tales games have been setting the $10 precedent with ToX and ToSC.

It'd be nice if ToGf would hit $10. I'd sell off my disc in a heartbeat for the digital version.

Any potential interest I had in Mind=Zero died pretty quickly when I watched this gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B33srIALxM4

Artistically, it looks like an inferior version of Demon Gaze (I know the character designs are different--I'm mainly referring to the dungeon/monster design), and the gameplay just looks...boring to me. I guess it's nice that you can see your party members while fighting, but the overall quality just doesn't seem all that great.

Then again, I don't like Demon Gaze, either, so my opinion might not matter all that much.

someone on gamefaqs said no. But you can pick up Asian PS3 version for it to work.
I'm glad you got me curious about this. I always thought I'd have to just stick to the Vita version because I read the same thing from GameFAQs. But I tried the cross-save feature and it works!

Screens attached of the cross-save function from the Vita then loading and playing it from the PS3.

Details and an image for the Day 1 Edition of One Piece: Unlimited World RED have surfaced:

ONE PIECE® Unlimited World Red Day One Edition features DLC to commemorate One Piece's 15th anniversary in Japan. The Day One Edition will include special DLC including Luffy's Strong World Adventure Outfit, Anniversary Costumes for Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Zoro, Usopp, Franky, Robin and Brook, and an extra quest.
91Q8OfaPkYL._SL1500_.jpg

Gamestop.com has this listed for every version available for preorder, so even their exclusive Vita version should include it, too.

I'm glad you got me curious about this. I always thought I'd have to just stick to the Vita version because I read the same thing from GameFAQs. But I tried the cross-save feature and it works!

Screens attached of the cross-save function from the Vita then loading and playing it from the PS3.
The Internet is a scary place. I can't tell you how many times I've read something where people just take someone's word as fact. It seems like with how freely information flows nowadays, it should be easy to sort out misinformation but the opposite is just as often true. This particular case is inconsequential, but can you imagine how it would be if you had something at stake?

The Internet is a scary place. I can't tell you how many times I've read something where people just take someone's word as fact. It seems like with how freely information flows nowadays, it should be easy to sort out misinformation but the opposite is just as often true. This particular case is inconsequential, but can you imagine how it would be if you had something at stake?
I've found that I have to check at least five sources before I can make a decision on something. I think people post the wrong information to be trolls and purposely screw people over. Oh, how brave we are, hiding behind a monitor. =P

I don't think it's as malicious as that. I think people just like being part of any conversation or don't like to admit when they don't know something. Like if you ask for directions and they're like, "I think it's over there", just say you don't know! I'd hate to waste my time only to find out you were wrong.

I'll add lazy "journalism" to the mix. I know some CAGs are guilty of this...Pretty much anyone with a blog can call them self a news source or a reviewer. Credentials used to mean something. Now everyone is a self proclaimed member of the press. A lot of sites just copy from each other, so if one of them is wrong, there will be 5 others that "print" the same thing.

I've noticed that, too. After a few reviews I start getting a feeling of deja vu. Granted, sometimes they come to the same conclussion about a game. That's possible with some genres of games, but when it's word for word, you start noticing. I always try to make sure I let people know how much experience with a game I have whenever I'll comment or say whether or not I like/dislike it.

Details and an image for the Day 1 Edition of One Piece: Unlimited World RED have surfaced:

91Q8OfaPkYL._SL1500_.jpg

Gamestop.com has this listed for every version available for preorder, so even their exclusive Vita version should include it, too.
Game looks fun, but I just got into OP (as in I am on episode 7). I'm assuming I'll miss a ton of stuff if I play this, but do I absolutely have to watch all episodes in order to enjoy it?

Any potential interest I had in Mind=Zero died pretty quickly when I watched this gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B33srIALxM4

Artistically, it looks like an inferior version of Demon Gaze (I know the character designs are different--I'm mainly referring to the dungeon/monster design), and the gameplay just looks...boring to me. I guess it's nice that you can see your party members while fighting, but the overall quality just doesn't seem all that great.

Then again, I don't like Demon Gaze, either, so my opinion might not matter all that much.
Looks like a dungeon crawler to me, I'm in!! Graphics may be shoddy, but I will give it a shot, it's not always about the graphics. =) Hopefully the battle menu system navigation is faster than what it was in your video, Looks pretty tedious to execute commands.

Shot in the dark and I should've spoken up a couple of weeks ago but does anyone still have their pre-order in for the Drakengard 3 CE that doesn't want the CE any longer?

Skipped a beat when I just received a cancellation email from SE then I noticed it was for an old order I placed forever ago with LR + Drakengard Standard Edition. I guess that means they are starting to nprocess orders. I had no issues with LR or FFX/X2 CE's but you never know.

Thank you for testing it! I had written off the imports when I thought that it wouldn't work, because honestly without that functionality they'd just be something to sit on my shelf and I'd probably end up w/ the US versions anyway. But now...hrm...you've given me something to think about. :)

I have never had any issue with opened pre-orders, but I did once try and buy the last copy of a game (forgot the game) on release day and it was gutted. I asked why they would do such a thing and they said some 'corporate display return weird issue' thing. I can't remember what it was, but there was some corporate policy regarding the last new copy. I've seen this with older, last new copies of games in two different stores. Maybe it was the case they sold your pre-order and you ended up getting that copy?

I do a fair amount of pre-ordering from my local GS and if they did that, or I had any issues at all with my pre-orders, I would go somewhere else in a second.
Former Gamestop employee here... one copy has to be gutted to be the display copy on the wall. If that is the last copy in the store and you want it, then you get it gutted. Regulars have asked us why we can't just display the "coming soon" art instead... unfortunately, too many customers are easily confused, and easily angered. (We've had plenty customers fight us on "promotional display only - see sales associate" boxes, yelling at us that it must mean we have games in stock. Even after we point to the "promotional display only" text - they'd shake their head as if it didn't exist because they didn't see it in the first place. Could corporate give us artwork so as to not gut new copies? Sure, but that'd cost the company more money and they cut down on anything they can. Right before I left, we didn't have to do as much paperwork at the end of the night simply because they wanted to cut down on paper. My other job has recently rid of a lot of once "required" documents as well.)

If any store is gutting several copies on a weekly basis, then there's an issue with that store. You may see one or two more for special reasons; one being that sometimes managers have to make exceptions on return policies. (e.g. Parent opened the game and bought the wrong thing. And technically, employees our able to "check out" any game - taking it home for 3 days - but most stores hold to a rule that no new game can be taken home. My store, for instance, waited about a month before checking out a new release.) Also, you're likely to see more gutted copies around the Holiday season as everything is returnable within a certain time-frame, so that includes opened games. We do still advise people to not open anything, but ultimately we can't do anything about that.

Sorry to those of you who have not so great stores nearby. It is disappointing to hear that after working at such a good store myself.

I got an email from Square Enix today that pretty much stated:

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXX,

Thank you for ordering on Square-Enix, Inc.. The product that you preordered is now available.

Order ID: XXXXXXXXXX
Product ID: XXXXXXXXX
Product Name: Pre-order DLC Pack Wave 1: Japanese VO + 2 Bonus Items
Release Date: May 12, 2014

If you have questions about your order, please visit: store.na.square-enix.com/orders

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message.

Sincerely,
Square-Enix, Inc. Customer Service
store.na.square-enix.com/orders

This is for my Drakengard CE pre-order. I just do not know what this even means at the moment. Are they telling me that the DLC is available already ?

You mean something's actually coming out before August!? It's a miracle. :shock:
europe beat us this time, they are getting it on june 27th. the original placeholder date i saw for it was like december or something. LOL

Actually, the reason I don't want to go into a Gamestop to preorder Shinovi Versus is because I have no interest in experiencing the following:

"Hi I'd like to preorder a Vita Game.  Senran Kagura Shinovi Ver ... Senran ...  S.E.N.R ... S ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back