Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also for Devil Survivor 2 there should be an Break Record version but I know it's not announced for America yet and it hasn't come out in Japan yet.

I know this is an old game, but I figure everyone here would be the best to ask.

What do you guys think about the shin megami tensei: devil survivor series? I've never played it or games like it, but I've been looking into it lately and think ill like it. Any recommendations? I'm thinking of starting with over clocked for the 3ds unless someone thinks something else would be better?

Thanks in advance
I love the the devil survivor games and are worth a play. Only 3 games out at the moment for that particular series. The original Devil Survivor on the ds, Devil Survivor 2 on the ds, and Devil Survivor: Overclocked for the 3ds. Definitely play the overclocked version since it is definitive version of the original. Includes voice acting, I believe they added some skills, and an extra scenario for the end.

Uhh I feel a little dumb asking, but where do you put a coupon code on a Play Asia order? Things have kinda changed since I last used one. I tried the products page of the checkout, payment, etc. Didn't see it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
After you click checkout and are logged in, you'll land on a "Products" phase of the checkout.

Click advanced options at the bottom and you can enter the code there. Here's a screenshot. I noticed that the first random thing I added to my cart didn't show the "advanced options" button, so your purchase might be some kind of exception.

QYQrsrr.jpg

After you click checkout and are logged in, you'll land on a "Products" phase of the checkout.

Click advanced options at the bottom and you can enter the code there. Here's a screenshot. I noticed that the first random thing I added to my cart didn't show the "advanced options" button, so your purchase might be some kind of exception.
Thanks! I'll have to try again later. I bet it's because I'm trying to get Virtue's Last Reward (Vita) to push my order over $60. Probably not working because it's the weekly special for $20.99.

The guided fate paradox is now and forevermore *19.99 new*at best buy, however it is sold out online and probably not available for store pickup anywhere thanks to the el hoardos/flippers who took Best Buy's RPG stock to the cleaners during the buy 1 get 1 glitch (that only worked for @gamer members). Good luck finding any available copies left guys!

The guided fate paradox is now and forevermore *19.99 new*at best buy, however it is sold out online and probably not available for store pickup anywhere thanks to the el hoardos/flippers who took Best Buy's RPG stock to the cleaners during the buy 1 get 1 glitch (that only worked for @gamer members). Good luck finding any available copies left guys!
Hmm...I think I saw a copy or two at my store--it's worth a shot, I guess. Thanks for the heads-up.

thanks , i might bite just because it is oop. LOL

Is this common? For example, are the Asian-English versions of Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD probably like this?
No the Asian FFX uses translation from US release. The only other example is Demon Soul which got Asian English before US release.

Best Buy has The Witch and The Hundred Knight for $29.99 or $23.99 GCU. Seems like a good enough price to get it balancing out waiting for a cheaper price vs. it becoming harder to find.

After seeing that Engrish translation of SAO Vita i'm glad i'm waiting for the digital Release....should be fun either way though!

Good luck because Asian version usually don't get reprint and has a smaller print than Japanese version.
That's why I went ahead and bit the bullet. Figured I might as well snag the game and own it rather than wish I had and be unable to find it anywhere that's not an insane price.

You could get it off Yes Asian but everyone I seem to know who bought from there has had bad experience with them. Friend who bought from them while in Asia has had missing packages from them 3/5 times so I can't imagine how bad it is for delivery overseas.

You could get it off Yes Asian but everyone I seem to know who bought from there has had bad experience with them. Friend who bought from them while in Asia has had missing packages from them 3/5 times so I can't imagine how bad it is for delivery overseas.
yesasia isn't even selling the Chinese version. They also charge more than play-asia (They want $63 for Japanese Sword Art Online compare to $60 for play-asia)

The normal Japanese one they have is $43. No clue why they have 2 separate listings for the Japanese one tho.
The way they label games released for Asia that have Japanese voice and subs is a little weird @ Yesasia. There are three normal editions available from them: 1) Japan (Japanese voice + subs), 2) Asia (Japanese voice + subs) and 3) Asia (Japanese voice + Chinese/English subs).

http://www.yesasia.com/us/search-games/sword-art-online/0-0-0-ss.105_q.sword+art+online_bpt.48_sea.1_bt.48-en/list.html#&vm=32&ss=105&s=1&vn=33&q=sword+art+online&bpt=48&cid=226&bt=48&sb=149&l=1&ni=512&uioos=true

I'll be getting the Chinese/English one. The translations look hilarious.
I sure hope they're all bad translations that are enjoyable, but not enough to hinder the overall experience too much.

My friend bought a bootleg of Spider Man 2 or 3 in Vietnam that was translated into Chinese then those subs where translated back into English. It was titled Spieoeo Man or something weird. The back of the box mentioned something about "a journey through fallopian tubes." It was pretty hilarious, but I can't remember much.

I did take away something about contact lenses. Ever since then I call them "intangible glasses".

Anyone else get their Nep PP CE today? 

Mine arrived and it arrived in good shape, but this is how the back of it looks shrink wrapped.

me8BBFo.jpg

Does that look normal? It's all shrink wrapped, but to me it seems those sides should be more closed. I kinda wanted to keep this sealed, and not sure if this is par for the course, or if I should contact them.

Mine looks exactly like that too. Not sure if I should attempt to wedge it between stuff and fix it or contact them either. I really liked the look of this box too. =\

The box just seems to be made of a flimsier cardboard like the last few releases, I do love how the foam insert fits the game/extras perfectly.
257ziac.jpg

Yeah that's how mine looks too. Everything else looks great though. The box design is cool, and everything inside is packaged really nice.

I would have gotten my copy of Sword Art Online today, but Fedex came early and needed my signature. Luckily, I do get Hyperdimension Neptunia Perfect Pitch, as well as my discounted copy of Atelier Rorona for having NISA points. SAO will be tomorrow. =)

Anyone else get their Nep PP CE today?

Mine arrived and it arrived in good shape, but this is how the back of it looks shrink wrapped.

Does that look normal? It's all shrink wrapped, but to me it seems those sides should be more closed. I kinda wanted to keep this sealed, and not sure if this is par for the course, or if I should contact them.
My copies arrived like that too so I wouldn't worry. Does look weird though, lol.

Sigh, Best Buy just contacted me saying my copy of Nep-nep PP I had for store pickup was lost at the warehouse and that they are sold out.  So I'm not getting getting a copy of it tomorrow.  I might have to just go to gamestop tomorrow to pick it up now... without the GCU 20% off :(

Got Neptunia PP today....I will actually likely use the ear buds haha.....and the cloth....it's a good quality one like others I've ordered from Japan....ok CE overall though nothing very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back