Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, Best Buy just contacted me saying my copy of Nep-nep PP I had for store pickup was lost at the warehouse and that they are sold out. So I'm not getting getting a copy of it tomorrow. I might have to just go to gamestop tomorrow to pick it up now... without the GCU 20% off :(
You didn't demand that Best Buy give you a GC for the trouble? I'd be ticked off if that happened to me.

I think I actually prefer the CE box from PP over the super thin ones used for Demon Gaze/Danganronpa. It seems to be a little thicker and the box holds the contents better. My shipment was also in a sturdy white box with the CE itself wrapped in paper and sent priority mail. 

I think I actually prefer the CE box from PP over the super thin ones used for Demon Gaze/Danganronpa. It seems to be a little thicker and the box holds the contents better. My shipment was also in a sturdy white box with the CE itself wrapped in paper and sent priority mail.
Yeah those Danganronpa/Demon Gaze LEs had pretty flimsy boxes. this is a bit flimsy too but holds everything well and i like how flat is it.

they did a great job with shipping, I shook my box heard nothing, so I just dropped it and kicked it around into my apartment >.> was just fine ^-^

Yeah those Danganronpa/Demon Gaze LEs had pretty flimsy boxes. this is a bit flimsy too but holds everything well and i like how flat is it.
Danganronpa was way flimsy, but Demon Gaze was actually slightly better(but far from great). These LE's seem to be made for fans, and considering they only cost an extra 10 bucks, I can forgive the less than sturdy LE boxes.

Same here i hate those super thin cardboard packaging but at least this one is good so im not complaining. I seen worse like amazon packaging that crushed my ragnarok odyessy ce box that was paper thin.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Getting Collector’s Edition In The West
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-getting-collectors-edition-north-america/

The Collector’s Edition will be limited to 5,000 copies and will feature a special pouch for the Nintendo 3DS, a music CD with 20 tracks from the game, another CD with five remixed tracks, and five premium CollectaCards from the game.
theatrhythmcc_thumb.jpg

The Collector’s Edition will cost $69.99 and will be available exclusively through Square Enix’s Online Store.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-getting-collectors-edition-north-america/

The Collector’s Edition will be limited to 5,000 copies and will feature a special pouch for the Nintendo 3DS, a music CD with 20 tracks from the game, another CD with five remixed tracks, and five premium CollectaCards from the game.
theatrhythmcc_thumb.jpg

The Collector’s Edition will cost $69.99 and will be available exclusively through Square Enix’s Online Store.
Yeah, um, NO THANKS. :nottalking:

Persona 4U is getting Adachi as a DLC Character with a Character Episode in Japan. He'll come free with first run copies. Hopefully that goes the same for the Western Release.

Also. 1 more character announcement please. Plz Atlus.  :lol:

theatrhythmcc_thumb.jpg

I'm torn on this one. I love rhythm games, I love Final Fantasy, I love collectors editions, but I hate the price, hate the shipping charge and especially hate Digital River. $40 more for those extras is a tough call. Anyone know if the pouch fits the XL? If it doesnt, I think I'll have to definitely pass.

theatrhythmcc_thumb.jpg

It would seem that they no longer offer free shipping on orders above $100 either. :wall:

theatrhythmcc_thumb.jpg

Cool about the release date....not so cool about the CE. 30 + I believe I read 11 dollars shipping = 41 dollars extra for this...no thanks. If the soundtrack was a full one (it would cost at least another 40-50 there though) I would maybe bite. The pouch is probably worth about 25, the soundtrack about 10...maybe and the cards....3-4 or something. I like the box but I'm already getting a Persona Q 3DS XL pouch. If it was cheaper, not digital river, had free shipping around 100 (heard it's 150 now!!!) I would get it.

Nonetheless I want the game though I will likely wait as will be saving more and more around Sept-Nov for a Dollfie Miku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW7TzE9LnBQ

I am by no means a visual snob, but from this youtube video, I can definitely tell a difference between graphics quality and color sharpness. I guess if you've grown up with a gameboy/ds, you can deal with it, but it's basically like watching sports in standard definition after you've see it in high def. Really glad I got my OLED x 2 vitas.
Do all the Vita LCDs have that horrible green tint? How can anyone stand that?

I have the OLED and LCD, I really like both, and once I get a nice case and screen protector I'll likely use the 2000 as my main console. Everything about it feels better

Also on the Theatrhythm LE, I'd leap on it if it were a Blu Ray like the XIV and X/X2 soundtracks. If anything I hope we get that awesome 3DSXL model.

Do all the Vita LCDs have that horrible green tint? How can anyone stand that?
You really can't film the difference due to the screen technologies being picked up differently via camera and angle. Having said that, I have both the 1000 and the 2000. The 2000 looks different for sure, it's not as vibrant, but it handles other things better and is definitely much better for games not intended for the 1000. PSP games for example look better on the Vita, and Remote Play games definitely do as well. The reason for this is that those games had color profiles intended for LCD displays, and putting them on the OLED of the 1000 throws things off. You'll see tons of complaints of people playing Second Son and such on a 1000 and having it look like crap, whereas the 2000 looks great.

So...for the games released over the 2 year period the 1000 was out, you might find some advantages of having a 1000. Otherwise the 2000 is generally going to be better even if you ignore the very noticeable improvements in weight, battery life, LEDs, and ergonomics.

A friend of mine on another board raves about that game. I'd say if you're a fan of Rogue-likes it's worth it.
I just started it. It's a slow starter and honestly it feels like it would have fit better on the Vita. The camera is so zoomed in during the gameplay that having it on my 22" monitor (granted I'm setting close as it doubles as a PC monitor) makes everything feel way too big. The gameplay itself is interesting though again I'm only through the first chapter so far.

Don't know if this is listed elsewhere, but Guided Fate Paradox is $20 through Amazon. Worth getting at that price?
I finished the story and thought it was pretty fun. I might be a type that likes these kinda games though so I might be bias but I thought it was executed fairly well. The story wasn't anything special per say but it was enjoyable to say the least.

If you were asking me to get it at $50 I might say no since I'm not sure of your preference, but at $20 it's good as gold. Plus It might not go any lower than that any time soon and if it does, most it will be is $15.

Also Japan has announced a Super Value Pack for their Ps Vita 2000. I am thinking of getting this one since it has a better colour than the north american and I never really wanted borderlands. What do you guys think? Is it worth it to buy it from there when it comes out? Also I heard the X and O button's were swtiched but it's something I can get used to so I guess it's not a problem.

If you look at the 3DS, the A is to confirm and B to cancel, so it would be in the same position as that making it easier somewhat.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/red-black-blue-black-vita-value-packs-coming-japan-july/

Also Japan has announced a Super Value Pack for their Ps Vita 2000. I am thinking of getting this one since it has a better colour than the north american and I never really wanted borderlands. What do you guys think? Is it worth it to buy it from there when it comes out? Also I heard the X and O button's were swtiched but it's something I can get used to so I guess it's not a problem.

If you look at the 3DS, the A is to confirm and B to cancel, so it would be in the same position as that making it easier somewhat.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/03/red-black-blue-black-vita-value-packs-coming-japan-july/
I'm not holding my breath, but I'm waiting to see if Sony will announce new colors for NA at E3. :pray:

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm waiting to see if Sony will announce new colors for NA at E3. :pray:
I didn't even think of them doing that lol! But since you say this I might consider waiting till after E3 to pre-order one haha! It comes out July 10th so NA has time before it releases to WOW me with one

I'm torn on this one. I love rhythm games, I love Final Fantasy, I love collectors editions, but I hate the price, hate the shipping charge and especially hate Digital River. $40 more for those extras is a tough call. Anyone know if the pouch fits the XL? If it doesnt, I think I'll have to definitely pass.
I would say no only because of my experience with my 3DS pouch. It fits snugly on my 3DS and since this says 3DS and not XL I would assume it has the same fit as what I currently have.

Since PSN is doing a weekend RPG Flash Sale, I'm interested in Conception II, Toukiden: Age Of Demons, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster and Atelier Escha & Logy. I'm fairly sure I can only go for one when I  get a PSN card. So I'd like some information at least on Toukiden and if Escha & Logy are worth it. I've already played through the Conception II demo and I remember playing parts of FF 10 and 10-2 on the PS2 when I was younger. Thanks for any information that you may have. 

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALE2014  I'm even willing to go for the other titles that I listed besdies the ones I'd like information on. Mainly, because they happen to be slightly cheaper than going physical. (I usually only go digital if it's cheaper than physical) I always like Physical for the most part because of the less memory storage it takes up. I also have the Toukiden demo currently downloaded on my Vita so I'll check that out soon as well.

Toukiden also has a demo, and you can transfer your save to the full game.  Escha & Logy -  if you played the other Atelier games you know what to expect.

So anyone else not get their Neptunia PP yet? I ordered the LE and it shipped on Friday. Shits been stuck in San Diego for the past few days and I'm in LA.

I got my vanilla version from Best Buy on release date surprisingly so.
Mines is from NIS. I've bought two things from them so far and they both came on time, the day before release. This ones stuck in San Diego though. Not real sure why. My other two didn't even go to San Diego, so I'm not sure why this one is there.

Mines is from NIS. I've bought two things from them so far and they both came on time, the day before release. This ones stuck in San Diego though. Not real sure why. My other two didn't even go to San Diego, so I'm not sure why this one is there.
I got mine Day-of, from NIS in perfect condition. From what I've read, most everyone else did as well. Hopefully it'll get to you soon and it's not stuck in San Diego due to incompetence.

Anyone pick up the new Drakengard 3 DLC that came out today?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/3/5776028/drakengard-3-dlc-story-missions-costumes

* Intoner arrange tracks (new music for intoner mode) - $1.99 
* Furiae's garb (reduce damage taken by 5%) - $2.99
* Eris's garb (prevent stamina reduction while guarding) - $2.99
* Sisters' prologue story DLC -$5.99 each
* Sisters' prologue bundle (Includes One's DLC) - $29.99

If you have let me know how the Sister Prologue bundle is, was thinking about getting it but that price point is a little high to be honest when the game only cost $49.99 to start with. I also feel as though if they released something like this so fast that it should have been included in the game itself as it was pretty much finished already. I hate DLC now a days, we hardly ever get a full game on release. 

If you have let me know how the Sister Prologue bundle is, was thinking about getting it but that price point is a little high to be honest when the game only cost $49.99 to start with. I also feel as though if they released something like this so fast that it should have been included in the game itself as it was pretty much finished already. I hate DLC now a days, we hardly ever get a full game on release.
If you feel that you don't mind spending $6 per sister for an extra hour of gameplay each, then go for it. It's all just back story and gives a better insight of how the sisters' personalities actually are. Everything is recycled, except for one boss. They overcharged the DLC and I think you're better off just youtubing them.

Spoilers for Persona 4 - Persona 4U

Adachi's back guys

s114_WzU2u8Hm89CYRosGe5HJ11tnrjJ565wY.jpg

If you don't want spoilers for Persona 4, don't click the spoiler. 

s112_Aa8UsMC5I25915Y8XFQCtbRs6B92BpXx.jpg

If you haven't play Persona 4 and clicked the spoiler anyway, the question is. Why haven't you played it yet?

If you feel that you don't mind spending $6 per sister for an extra hour of gameplay each, then go for it. It's all just back story and gives a better insight of how the sisters' personalities actually are. Everything is recycled, except for one boss. They overcharged the DLC and I think you're better off just youtubing them.
Thanks, looks as though I will skip them all together then. Maybe they will be on sale and I will pick them up down to road then, I could see a 50% off Square Enix sale again in the future maybe and this being in it.

Is The Guided Fate Paradox becoming rare? It seems $20 is the new MSRP. It's not showing up at any Best Buys in my area. I wanted to use my Gamers Unlocked. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back