Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* It looks like Best Buy delisted XBlaze Code: Embryo, too--I can't find it through search on Bestbuy.com. I'm glad I didn't cancel my GS preorder now. :???:

I'm already getting the case/shopper's bag for Persona Q from AmiAmi...first print edition it is! It's great they brought over the case though I doubted we would get it and the tarot cards are pretty neat! 50 dollars...guess this is a premium portable game like SMTIV to command that price....but I don't choose the pricing for them.

Actually, that's the price for the game only (and bonus cards in 1st print), Siliconera reports this LE and its price for $80. >_>
Dang it I was sold at $50, but I have way to many things to purchase this next year, from a 3ds to possibly now a ps vita tv...Which by the way I knew if I waited long enough would come to merica! I told you guys haha

*sigh* It looks like Best Buy delisted XBlaze Code: Embryo, too--I can't find it through search on Bestbuy.com. I'm glad I didn't cancel my GS preorder now. :???:
you better start preordering any jrpg games you are interested in from bestbuy, if you want to get the gcu discount, before they delist it.

you better start preordering any jrpg games you are interested in from bestbuy, if you want to get the gcu discount, before they delist it.
But what if they won't even fulfill those preorders? It's one thing to stop taking preorders like with Mugen Souls Z or Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP close to release, but it's another to remove the listing entirely.

But what if they won't even fulfill those preorders? It's one thing to stop taking preorders like with Mugen Souls Z or Hyperdimension Neptunia: PP close to release, but it's another to remove the listing entirely.
you can always preorder at both gamestop and bestbuy.

The same thing happened on Mind Zero (it was delisted) and they shipped those copies to anyone who preordered.

The same thing happened on Mind Zero (it was delisted) and they shipped those copies to anyone who preordered.
Well, that's comforting...and disappointing (since I delayed preordering Atelier Rorona Plus and XBlaze before they vanished :headache:).

I'll likely preorder Akiba's Trip ( :vita:) ASAP now.

Well, that's comforting...and disappointing (that I delayed preordering Atelier Rorona Plus and XBlaze before they vanished :headache:).

I'll likely preorder Akiba's Trip ( :vita:) ASAP now.
I want to hear if Akiba's Trip PS4 will be localized I would love to hear something from E3 but who knows....otherwise Vita is it for me too.

Persona Q Shadows of the Labyrinth already up for pre-order on Amazon:

Premium Edition - http://www.amazon.com/Persona-Shadow-Labyrinth-Cards-Premium-Nintendo/dp/B00KVRK39A/ref=sr_1_6

Regular Edition - http://www.amazon.com/Persona-Shadow-Labyrinth-Nintendo-Standard-Edition/dp/B00KVRK3EU/ref=lh_ni_t

Hopefully both go up on Best Buy to get those GCU discounts that some have. 

Getting Akiba's Strip on Vita myself unless the PS4 version is announced for localization before the Vita one comes out in August. Heard PS3 version is pretty much a blown up resolution Vita version....so may as well get the Vita one.

Persona Q Shadows of the Labyrinth already up for pre-order on Amazon:

Premium Edition - http://www.amazon.com/Persona-Shadow-Labyrinth-Cards-Premium-Nintendo/dp/B00KVRK39A/ref=sr_1_6

Regular Edition - http://www.amazon.com/Persona-Shadow-Labyrinth-Nintendo-Standard-Edition/dp/B00KVRK3EU/ref=lh_ni_t

Hopefully both go up on Best Buy to get those GCU discounts that some have.
No way I'm getting anything that comes in a cardboard box like that from Amazon. It's basically guaranteed to be crushed in a bubble mailer, from my personal experience.

No way I'm getting anything that comes in a cardboard box like that from Amazon. It's basically guaranteed to be crushed in a bubble mailer, from my personal experience.
Agreed i'm in the unpopular opinion here but I would order it from Gamestop. There stuff usually comes in nice and clean.

I stopped preordering games from Amazon.com for the same reason.

Hopefully, Best Buy will sell it.

If not, I'll preorder it from gamestop (in stores).

Does Best Buy preorders allow for store pick up? I prefer store pick up preorders so I can get it on time. Which is why i like Game stop since the store is like 5 minutes from my home, best buy being 3 minutes and on the way.

I may be wrong, but that doesnt look like it would fit in a standard sized bubble mailer.

I may be wrong, but that doesnt look like it would fit in a standard sized bubble mailer.
Bubble mailers comes in multiple standard sizes.

And yes, Amazon will stuff it in a bubble mailer to save a few pennies (and then loss a few dollars when you return it).

And if you ask for a replacement, Amazon will happily send you one in the same manner (in a bubble mailer).

Big news release dates Level 5 3DS games:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/10/fantasy-life-layton-vs-ace-attorney-coming-north-america-october/

Fantasy Life - October 24, 2014

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney - August 29, 2014

Yowsa!!!! I want both so much I mean Fantasy Life!!!!....ugg and there is Harvest Moon and Seasons this year....ugg....i'm excited and that crossover game looks great.

Fantasy Life Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9V5-7Vqno

Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiJ7JwwlG6o

The tarot cards included with Persona Q annoys me. First of all, it's part 2/2. Second of all, it's only 11 cards. A tarot deck isn't 22 cards. That's just the trump cards. It's missing the other 56 cards to be a tarot deck.

WTH is it gonna look like on the next-gen consoles? It'd make way more sense for them to do PS3/360 instead. No way they're straight up remaking it for actual 1080p native.

I guess also from the Gematsu article, looks like we're getting Agito for iOS/Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back