Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was up before honestly. I just checked today and was like hey free shipping with Amazon prime....I wish I didn't pre-order at Gamestop.
you could always cancel your preorder :p

but I am assuming you made yours in store so it would be a bit more of a pain. mine was always online as the $3 in shipping is less then the gas to get a gamestop. In general as long as the stores are not complete garbage I like ordering from the company store as then they don't have to give a cut to the middle man... and since bandai uses amazon now i expect it to at least run a bit more smoothly then when it was digital river... need stupid square enix to get away from digital river now... as the less people using them the better.

I was going to order online from GS but their shipping sucks. Free shipping 5-10 day, 3-5 day is like $4, etc.. I've got a GS about 2 minutes away from work, so I'll just run by over lunch/after work on that day.

tohr becomming rare depends on how many copies bamco prints.  Outside eternia both versions and abyss 3ds no other tales of game has gotten a low print enough to become rare.  graces went on sale numerous times this and last year btw so while its value has somewhat held it's still been cheaper.  Just like a month or 2 ago it was under 30 new on amazon via bamco's store.

Unless gs twists their arm or they just feel like doing it I do not see it getting a reprint though.  But again who even knows how many people will be buying it considering its a super niche title on an even more niche system that's only getting an english subbed localization.

Digital river drama is over exaggerated unless I'm an exception to the rule.  Had better experience with them than you normally get with amazon prime :/

When I went to pre-order their store says it ships the day of release rather than early enough to accommodate shipping delays.
No, I meant why not preorder at the store near your work? That way you have a guaranteed copy waiting for you at that store on the release date.

I was going to order online from GS but their shipping sucks. Free shipping 5-10 day, 3-5 day is like $4, etc.. I've got a GS about 2 minutes away from work, so I'll just run by over lunch/after work on that day.
Beyond that SAVER doesn't work on preorders, so I couldn't figure out how to get free shipping on the game :/

tohr becomming rare depends on how many copies bamco prints. Outside eternia both versions and abyss 3ds no other tales of game has gotten a low print enough to become rare. graces went on sale numerous times this and last year btw so while its value has somewhat held it's still been cheaper. Just like a month or 2 ago it was under 30 new on amazon via bamco's store.

Unless gs twists their arm or they just feel like doing it I do not see it getting a reprint though. But again who even knows how many people will be buying it considering its a super niche title on an even more niche system that's only getting an english subbed localization.

Digital river drama is over exaggerated unless I'm an exception to the rule. Had better experience with them than you normally get with amazon prime :/
you are trying to define rarity expectation with completely irrelevant data o_O Sure you might be looking at other tales games, but none of those tales games were gamestop exclusive which is the much better data to look at in this case... which last I checked gamestop has had two exclusive games. Xenoblade, One piece, and one exclusive version of a game different one piece vita game all of which have held their value well, with the first two at times going for more then their original launch price.

Beyond that SAVER doesn't work on preorders, so I couldn't figure out how to get free shipping on the game :/

you are trying to define rarity expectation with completely irrelevant data o_O Sure you might be looking at other tales games, but none of those tales games were gamestop exclusive which is the much better data to look at in this case... which last I checked gamestop has had two exclusive games. Xenoblade, One piece, and one exclusive version of a game different one piece vita game all of which have held their value well, with the first two at times going for more then their original launch price.
xenoblade is equally irrelevant and it certainly didn't hold its value well. It's been completely unstable since release.

Been playing FF Theatrhythm: Curtain Call. It's soo good. I'm not really a super fan of FF music, but the rhythm gameplay is solid, simple, and challenging (there's ultimate and expert modes). It's miles better than the first game. Also button mode is freaking awesome. Loving the quest mode and the vs mode as well. All in all a worthy rhythm game for the 3ds, a plus if you like FF music.

Anyone who got the email from NISA about the Ar No Surge shipping delay had their ship yet? My FFF and ANS are still sitting in the warehouse, apparently. Very disappointing...

Epona DLC coming to Hyrule Warriors: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/26/hyrule-warriors-getting-ton-dlc-epona-coming-october-16th/

hyrulewarriors_thumb.jpg

Yes, received it via email last night.
Do you have your game yet? I'm wondering if I need to go and talk to CSR about this. My copy is set to arrive today and I did pre-order it... hmmm.

Looks good, I'll play the game a couple times to see if this is any better than DW8. If it's at least on par, I'll put in the $$$ for the DLC.

Anyone who got the email from NISA about the Ar No Surge shipping delay had their ship yet? My FFF and ANS are still sitting in the warehouse, apparently. Very disappointing...
No! I am pretty upset too because I did a 3 order game pack (Danganronpa 2, FFF and ANS) and all of them have yet to be shipped. I still feel that the 10% that were delayed were people who had atleast 2 games shipping together.

The email said it would be shipped this week latest, so I guess they still have until the end of today to honour that commitment.... still it really sucks that I have to wait even longer to play these games when I think about it and by the time they finally get here, my backlog will be increased as I will want to play hyrule warriors, persona 4 ultimax and smash bros 3ds >.<

No! I am pretty upset too because I did a 3 order game pack (Danganronpa 2, FFF and ANS) and all of them have yet to be shipped. I still feel that the 10% that were delayed were people who had atleast 2 games shipping together.

The email said it would be shipped this week latest, so I guess they still have until the end of today to honour that commitment.... still it really sucks that I have to wait even longer to play these games when I think about it and by the time they finally get here, my backlog will be increased as I will want to play hyrule warriors, persona 4 ultimax and smash bros 3ds >.<
That really sucks, sorry to hear that. I'm mostly disappointed since my wife will be out of town for the next week, so I was looking forward to being able to sit back and play some new games without having to share the PS3 with her.

That really sucks, sorry to hear that. I'm mostly disappointed since my wife will be out of town for the next week, so I was looking forward to being able to sit back and play some new games without having to share the PS3 with her.
Oh man that sucks as well. I have to share with my siblings so I understand how it feels to just have the system to yourself for a while. Im guessing she plays the same games as you?

Oh man that sucks as well. I have to share with my siblings so I understand how it feels to just have the system to yourself for a while. Im guessing she plays the same games as you?
Some, yeah. She doesn't play as much as I do, but when she gets hooked, she gets really hooked. And she's been hooked on Atelier Rorona for a while now, so I've been mostly confined to my Vita for the last couple weeks. I'd have been screwed if my Danganronpa 2 were stuck in the warehouse as well.

Some, yeah. She doesn't play as much as I do, but when she gets hooked, she gets really hooked. And she's been hooked on Atelier Rorona for a while now, so I've been mostly confined to my Vita for the last couple weeks. I'd have been screwed if my Danganronpa 2 were stuck in the warehouse as well.
My wife was gets hooked on all games that she have watched the anime of. I bought her her own PS3 and a 22 inch IPS monitor, it comes handy too when we play LAN co op games like dead island or dead space .

Do you have your game yet? I'm wondering if I need to go and talk to CSR about this. My copy is set to arrive today and I did pre-order it... hmmm.
No, it arrives today as it releases today (In North America). The code was received after the game shipped. Nintendo likes to release things on weekend time frame (Friday-Sunday). Usually this is Sunday, but not always.

No, it arrives today as it releases today (In North America). The code was received after the game shipped. Nintendo likes to release things on weekend time frame (Friday-Sunday). Usually this is Sunday, but not always.
Hmm, have not received mine yet and my game has shipped and arriving today. I'll give it another day and then talk to CSR about it.

Oh man lolol! I guess there a benefits and disadvantages in having a wife who likes the same things you do. I mean it's cool that you have similar tastes thats for sure but I bet it could also be hard at times when you really want to play a game and she's on the tv. Luckily you have the Vita for those moments

My wife was gets hooked on all games that she have watched the anime of. I bought her her own PS3 and a 22 inch IPS monitor, it comes handy too when we play LAN co op games like dead island or dead space .
Haha just proving my point in my last post about how it could be good but bad at times. Luckily you were able to afford another system and monitor for her to play on while you play on the other one. I guess it's nice bonding time however when you play co-op games

The Atelier of ____ had anime.

Edit: And Persona, she is hogging the Vita playing that. I pry it out of her hands to play Disgaea 4.
yeah, i forgot about the Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky game anime. i saw one episode, and dropped it. it didn't really grab my interest. i rather play the actual game than watch the anime. the Danganronpa was more entertaining, except for the ending

What are the thoughts on the Atelier games? I've never played one but have been tempted for quite a while. I'm wondering specifically if the new Plus games are upgraded so that they feel more modern than the newer titles (Dusk) or if I'd be better off playing Atelier Rorona Plus as my first Atelier.

What are the thoughts on the Atelier games? I've never played one but have been tempted for quite a while. I'm wondering specifically if the new Plus games are upgraded so that they feel more modern than the newer titles (Dusk) or if I'd be better off playing Atelier Rorona Plus as my first Atelier.
I found atelier ayesha ok. Just ok. The plus games are just updated versions of the originals with dlc and some new extra content. rorona being an actual remake that fixed alot of its issues. Think of the first 2 plus games as enhanced ports. People say totori is better than meruru but that was before rorona plus came out so I have no idea on the standing now.

its neither challenging nor does it have much going on. If you just know a couple things before going in it will make the game marginally better. Its not as lenient as people make it out to be though. The plots kinda directionless too and they don't make it seem important most of the time.

Outside regina who's backstory they make you do a bit of work to find I didn't care for the rest of the cast much.

Keith is especially difficult since he comes off as very unlikable at the start of the game.

He lightens up by the end of the game but that doesn't change my opinion of him. Especially when he yells at you to leave in a public library like he is the only one who has a right to be there. he used to own the place but not anymore and has since abandoned it so yeah he can gtfo himself. Especially with his rude smoking

Tips wise

Where to get the flower seeds from, save money and do the contests so you can purchase books and the fricken balloon, don't bother going to areas, making items ect unless needed for the story and lastly use marietta's shop to store whatever items and such you will be using alot of that way you don't have to waste time synthing them.

I think the biggest issue it had though was how scenes trigger at 100% random. You can trigger them by, just walking, by going past an npc/town, by just entering the area, by walking into a certain screen of the area, letting time pass via synthesis or just the usual going up and talking to them. That fuck crap ticked me off real quick. I try to go do something and I have to sit through 5 unrelated cutscenes. But when I WANT THEM they are annoying to trigger and make me search them out. /rant

Tldr I wouldn't really rec any of them unless you can get it for a decent price you're satisfied with for testing the waters. Out of the 5 games I'd definitely rec playing rorona plus first because of the original order for the arland trilogy and cause one of the games spoils the story for the other.

I found atelier ayesha just ok. The game would definitely be better to play a guide with since just wandering around wastes too much in game time and forces the bad ending on you. The way the game triggers scenes at random is a major issue along with its lack of direction. People who said ayesha was easy to get the normal ending for with plenty of time left over were full of crap.

Ayesha is ok but its neither challenging nor does it have much going on. If you just know a couple things before going in it will make the game marginally better.

Where to get the flower seeds from, save money and do the contests so you can purchase books and the fricken balloon, don't bother going to areas, making items ect unless needed for the story and lastly use marietta's shop to store whatever items and such you will be using alot of that way you don't have to waste time synthing them.

I think the biggest issue it had though was how scenes trigger at 100% random. You can trigger them by, just walking, by going past an npc/town, by just entering the area, by walking into a certain screen of the area, letting time pass via synthesis or just the usual going up and talking to them. That fuck crap ticked me off real quick. I try to go do something and I have to sit through 5 unrelated cutscenes. But when I WANT THEM they are annoying to trigger and make me search them out.
I assume you meant "Rorona" in your second paragraph, not "Ayesha" again?

It'd be nice if there was more detail to the Complete P4A story DLC. Does that mean you have the entire game like with Dissidia: Duodecim containing the first game, or is it the animated segments to let you watch the story,  or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back