Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd be nice if there was more detail to the Complete P4A story DLC. Does that mean you have the entire game like with Dissidia: Duodecim containing the first game, or is it the animated segments to let you watch the story, or something else?
I'm guessing it be like BB:CS Extended's CT Reconstuction story, where its mostly segments and fights in a linear story or something.

Well, I just got my shipping notification from NISA for FFF and ANS. It's listed as priority mail, so I'm hoping it'll be Monday at the latest. Still, really disappointing that I won't have it this weekend, especially since I'll be out of town Friday through Monday of next week.

I would be ok with either dark cloud 3 or DQ11... if they pull another cross platform smart phone game though I will be super sad.

Is this the thread to keep an eye on for Atlus sales? I didn't know the DJ Max games are made in Korea.
physical atlus sales yes, digital not so much... but that's because any given week if there isn't a sale on atlus games digitally then the next week there will be anymore lol (there is one on the psn right now in fact :p)

I hope it's a new IP. I like Level 5's games, but to me they never really took many of their games into the level of greatness. They are all lacking something and leave me wanting more and feeling unfulfilled.

Well, I just got my shipping notification from NISA for FFF and ANS. It's listed as priority mail, so I'm hoping it'll be Monday at the latest. Still, really disappointing that I won't have it this weekend, especially since I'll be out of town Friday through Monday of next week.
Same here. So I guess they did commit by sending out the orders by the end of the weekend latest like they said. As you said it's still upsetting seeing as how I will be busy next week too and if I got it during the weekend I would have been able to play it. >.<

Hopefully this is just a one time thing and it wont happen again.

Does anyone know Gamestop pre order policy in regards to being out of town when a game comes out? I will be on vacation when Senran Kagura comes out and worried about keeping my copy.

Does anyone know Gamestop pre order policy in regards to being out of town when a game comes out? I will be on vacation when Senran Kagura comes out and worried about keeping my copy.
Standard policy is 48 hours. Notified them that you're out of town and just give them an ETA of when you'll pick it up. They should hold it for you, but every store is different.

Pay full amount and they will keep it till you pick it up

Bit of a random question, but does anyone know good wireless PS2 controllers? Got a bunch of shit on PS2 I'd like to play, but with my current set up, I need a wireless controller.

Anybody have an idea of how limited Senran Kagura let's get physical edition will be? I'm just wondering if it's something I need to pre-order or if I can just wait a bit for a price drop. Thanks.

Logitech made one that works pretty well for me.

Prices here don't look great, so you may want to check elsewhere but this is the one I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0001VNNE8/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Thanks. I've been looking around for those, but most of them are around that price used on eBay. Not really sure where else I can get it, but I'll just wait for one on eBay I guess.

Anybody have an idea of how limited Senran Kagura let's get physical edition will be? I'm just wondering if it's something I need to pre-order or if I can just wait a bit for a price drop. Thanks.
I thought they were just going to make like a "first print" edition and stop making physical copies of the game? They're going to be selling it digitally though.

I'm not getting any replies from any other forum, so I might as well ask here:

Of all the Atlus games on sale on PSN, which ones are worth picking up?

I already have Persona 4 Golden and P3:FES (On disc. Considered picking up the digital version for convenience but I heard about some emulation issues [flickering in the last dungeon] late-game...)

I already have Persona 4 Golden and P3:FES (On disc. Considered picking up the digital version for convenience but I heard about some emulation issues [flickering in the last dungeon] late-game...)
Odin Sphere is a pretty game. Kinda like Dragon's Crown but single player

Any of the SMT games are a great choice, but I really loved the PS2 ones the most from that sale.

Crimson Gem Saga on the psp was fun. I loved the classic RPG feel it had.

The growlanser series is fun too if you like srpgs. Lots of endings and content too.

Heh I'm pretty biased tho, most the games that are on sale are great imo.

The Raidou games are very stylish with great presentation, but they get very repetitive for me.

I highly recommend the Digital Devil Saga games if you've ever played them. Excellent games.

Thanks. I've been looking around for those, but most of them are around that price used on eBay. Not really sure where else I can get it, but I'll just wait for one on eBay I guess.
I'll keep an eye out at one of my local shops that has stuff like that all of the time. If they show up, they are likely in the $30 range. If you want me to pick one up, PM me with a not to exceed price and I'll get it to you for whatever it costs me and shipping.

I'd avoid fes and p4 if you already have them since they have glitches like save eating.

p3p is also on sale so if you don't have that one its a good price.

I bought the raidou games and growlanser just because they were on sale along with disgaea 1.

Digital devil saga I got off amazon when they were 13 new. they are 15 right now if you want a physical copy.

I'll keep an eye out at one of my local shops that has stuff like that all of the time. If they show up, they are likely in the $30 range. If you want me to pick one up, PM me with a not to exceed price and I'll get it to you for whatever it costs me and shipping.
Thanks for the offer. Its fine though. Going to just get one off eBay for like 15ish.

Natural Doctrine showed up today, I didn't get a squad sticker(there wasn't any padding inside, so I guess it must've fallen out.). The bag might make for a good Wii travel bag.

t7e5xs.jpg
qzheyp.jpg
9a3j1d.jpg

Natural Doctrine showed up today, I didn't get a squad sticker(there wasn't any padding inside, so I guess it must've fallen out.). The bag might make for a good Wii travel bag.
t7e5xs.jpg
qzheyp.jpg
9a3j1d.jpg
Did you get a tracking number last week? Mines said they received payment, but I never got a tracking number at all.

I wonder if Level 5 is working on 3DS version of Dragon Quest VII. That would be a day one buy for me, I absolutely love the game.

Though I would be pleased with DQ XI or a new Rogue Galaxy :pray:

I wonder if Level 5 is working on 3DS version of Dragon Quest VII. That would be a day one buy for me, I absolutely love the game.

Though I would be pleased with DQ XI or a new Rogue Galaxy :pray:
Dragon Quest 7 on the 3DS already exists. Square has just decided not to translate it. Because they suck.

Level 5 didn't work on that one though. Just 8 and 9.

Hoping my Persona 4 Arena Ultimax from Best Buy ships soon. The current status says "Status Not Available." Based on my past best Buy shipping experiences, it would have shipped by now.

Dragon Quest 7 on the 3DS already exists. Square has just decided not to translate it. Because they suck.
Level 5 didn't work on that one though. Just 8 and 9.
I know I was just hoping they might be working on the translation/ updating it further.

I wish they would just bring the game over, look at how well bravely default did, and it was not even an established series.

Hoping Best Buy even gets my Persona 4 Ultimax tomorrow. Was gonna do it through the site but the option for instore pickup was lone gone. Does anyone know if the teddy bop-up thingie and the tarot cards are in all the launch copies?

Hoping Best Buy even gets my Persona 4 Ultimax tomorrow. Was gonna do it through the site but the option for instore pickup was lone gone. Does anyone know if the teddy bop-up thingie and the tarot cards are in all the launch copies?
Yes, the bonuses are in all launch copies. It appears there is no special box, they are just attached or inserted in the regular game case and there is a small sticker on the package that says they are included.

P4AU comes out tomorrow, don't forget to download Marie and a certain villain DLC characters for free on PSN/XBL in the first week. Margaret will come out a week after for $4.99.

Also, it's confirmed that only the PS3 version has the online-arcade lobby system, so if you have both systems, the PS3 version has this extra feature.

I won't be getting the game till Friday but I would love to have some peeps to play with online, I am only an Akihiko scrub though.

PSN: Waffleswanton

Have fun to all those picking it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back