Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I can't find much info on it, though. Somebody on Gamefaqs said it takes about 40 hours for the base game, but there's another 20 hours if you do all the epilogue content.

Here's a thread where people are talking about the story and it sounds like it's bad, though:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/715590-freedom-wars/69679599
So a few short post and it is bad? Here is a much better topic on neogaf with video and screen shot

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842294

Here is what one importer has to say

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=118714259&postcount=450

I think I will get my money worth for $24 with preorder bonus DLC.

fantasy life looks interesting.  Offline mmo's are not that common either outside ones that suck gameplay wise. coughff12xenobladecough   The interesting part was I saw the commercial for it randomly around 12 last night.  

as for freedom wars it looks interesting. kinda looks like a mix between phantasy star monster hunter and .hack  

So update to my Senran Kagura fiasco through Best Buy... shipped the 9th with 2 day shipping. Just got here yesterday. A couple days ago i said screw it and reordered 2 more copies through BBY's website and they arrived yesterday too o_O so one order took the 2 days listed the other took about 2 friggin weeks. Ridiculous

oh and the original order was in a bubble mailer and was completely smashed to shit. Looked like a pancake. The 2 copies were put in a box together, but unfortunately didn't have much padding and the corners are a bit banged up =(

BB couldnt even get the damn expedited part of my order right....shipped yesterday morning, won't arrive till the 28th.

On the upside, Bayonetta 2 shall keep my weekend occupied.
hey thats afaster than my copy! Wonder if yours will look like it was run over by a truck too

Okay_meme.jpg

Guys the game is only $30 and it's one of the only big vita games we've got left. BUY IT :twoguns: :twoguns:
The good news is that it is $10 closer than most MSRPs to hitting the $10 pricemark where I will buy it. When best buy offers it at a sale price of $20, I'll consider it, but I'll definitely wait for reviews to come in on this one.

Hey those that have a Vita and a PlayStation TV I have a question for you:

I started playing Senran Kagura Versus on my Vita, as I have the physical edition. I currently have a 32 GB memory card which is in my Vita and a 8 GB memory card that I used to use so it still has saves from other games on it. Can I put the 8 GB card into my PlayStation TV delete everything that it has on it? Also can I upload my save from Senran Kagura Versus to PlayStation Cloud save and re-download it to my PlayStation TV to keep playing or is there an easier option?

Or am I just over thininking it and I can just take my 32 GB memory card out of my Vita and use it in my PlayStation TV and vise verse? 

Am I the only one that is unreasonably excited for Fantasy Life? There are certain games--through a combination of design, aesthetics, music, and more--that are able to hit this perfect, esoteric G-spot for my enjoyment. From everything I've seen, Fantasy Life will definitely be one of those special gestalts for me. I really hope that I'm not let down!

Tried to stay away from hyping myself up about the game since I didn't plan on getting it at launch. However Best Buys GCU deal gives me the perfect excuse to buy it near launch too.

So I'm super hyped to play this game. Wanted it since it got released in Japan. A bit disappointed Nintendo locked away some of the expansions content but at least we'll have online.

Hey those that have a Vita and a PlayStation TV I have a question for you:

I started playing Senran Kagura Versus on my Vita, as I have the physical edition. I currently have a 32 GB memory card which is in my Vita and a 8 GB memory card that I used to use so it still has saves from other games on it. Can I put the 8 GB card into my PlayStation TV delete everything that it has on it? Also can I upload my save from Senran Kagura Versus to PlayStation Cloud save and re-download it to my PlayStation TV to keep playing or is there an easier option?

Or am I just over thininking it and I can just take my 32 GB memory card out of my Vita and use it in my PlayStation TV and vise verse?
Yeah, you can just swap the cards around. As long as the Vita and the Vita TV are both set up for the same PSN account the cards will be interchangeable.

Guys the game is only $30 and it's one of the only big vita games we've got left. BUY IT :twoguns: :twoguns:
The core gameplay is pretty decent, but everything else falls apart. The patches just made it a little less worse. This Freedom Wars talk reminded me I forgot to cancel my GameStop preorder.

There's a reason why it's only $30. :speaktothehand:

I'm sure i'll likely put that Freedom Wars $30+tax to Civ Beyond Earth or whatever it's called.....yeah i'm a Meier fanboy...
I played it for an hour last night. I'd wait.

It's not that it's bad, at all. It's just way too much like Civilizations V. Maybe because I used to play Alpha Centauri, so I expected it to be more different. It's more like Civilization V with units replaced with a space theme.

The faction leaders have no personalities. In AC, you have the memorable and overpowered Diedre, who loves all things nature. And there's the military faction, tech faction, money faction, etc. In a lot of 4X games, especially space ones with aliens, different factions have different abilities. Not in BE. Supposedly, there's no unique units either.

I played it for an hour last night. I'd wait.

It's not that it's bad, at all. It's just way too much like Civilizations V. Maybe because I used to play Alpha Centauri, so I expected it to be more different. It's more like Civilization V with units replaced with a space theme.
Ah that's disappointing. I liked Alpha Centauri a lot, and really liked configuring all the units and the tech tree and having to deal with native life forms and such. I haven't played Civ 5 much, so I may likely do that instead....but yeah big disappointment. Alpha Centauri felt like so much of an evolution back then. I mean it had terraforming even....just was fun. I still remember my favorite leader which was Provost Zakrov I believe. I loved network nodes...what could I say.

There's still native lifeforms, but they're similar to barbarians in Civ 5. I've encountered 4 types so far. Some small land units, some small flying units, a giant worm that can kill any of my units easily, and squid looking things in the water. Nothing like the mindworms though.

The video I watched for BE looked exactly like the videos I watched for Civ 5. I've not even played Civ 5 yet, but no sense jumping in for what appears to be nothing more than a basic reskin. I have Civ 4, Civ 5, Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, and Eador to play.  :wall:

Devil Survivor 2 Break Record Promos

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqXzegQZqs0[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=was93n1QKw4[/media]

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHSyqi9SbGw[/media]

Overclocked is great. I like Devil Survivor more than Soul Hackers, Persona 4, and Nocturne. Looking forward to Break Record.

I'm sure i'll likely put that Freedom Wars $30+tax to Civ Beyond Earth or whatever it's called.....yeah i'm a Meier fanboy.
I just bought it and played around 7 hours of it. Pretty fun if you play with a friend or two. The overall game still feels like Civ 5 but with a space theme. I kinda wish it had more factions and resource types but they'll probably release that as DLC or something. I wasn't really planning on getting it right away but GreenManGaming sent me a 30% coupon for it for voting in the gaming awards thing.

Sell me overclocked been meaning to play it
I'm sure I'll play it eventually. I was just a real dummy with my money at the time. Was buying just about anything Atlus put out at the time.

Sorry about Steve Nash, though. And my condolences for the next two or three seasons.

lol glad im not the only one =P have all of them but havent played squat... all the other persona games from ps1 era and on and only one i ever really played was nocturne
Schematics but still annoys me when people call SMT games 'Persona'. Regardless, still proud that a spin off of the series became as big, if not bigger than the base game.

I didn't care for the anime or the bad looking srpg type gameplay in the vids I've seen so no buy for me.
If you're talking about SMT Overclocked, you're really missing out. In terms of S-RPGs, I only rank Final Fantasy Tactics higher. Though if you're one of those people who think Fire Emblem is the best the genre has to offer, Overclocked may be a bit too hardcore for you.

Schematics but still annoys me when people call SMT games 'Persona'. Regardless, still proud that a spin off of the series became as big, if not bigger than the base game.
my bad. Yea. Nocturne, the only one I played isn't even part of the Persona series =P Well technically i did play some of the persona games. When i got copies of the PS1 games I played them for a couple of hours to make sure the disks worked

Did Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day get a retail release in the US? Or digital only?

I heard something about there being a release that had the videos as well as the game - if available in the US does anyone know if it's just a download code?

Did Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day get a retail release in the US? Or digital only?

I heard something about there being a release that had the videos as well as the game - if available in the US does anyone know if it's just a download code?
Digital only. I'm waiting for a sale, it looks pretty fun.

Can you use an Elgato to stream PlayStation TV games on Twitch? I figured you can pretty much just HDMI to do it. Has anyone tried or is it encrypted like the PS3? 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back