Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here. BBY keeps dropping the price by only a little. They'll drop it to $30 eventually.
Turns out I was half-right. BBY dropped the price for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth1 to $32.99 ($26.39 post-GCU, for those of you too lazy to do the math). They're sure being stubborn about it.

Do you guys think the Persona Q Premium Edition will get lower in price as time goes on I dont think this will sell out like Persona 4 Golden 

My Miku shipped today. Going to be an amazing week for gaming.

Still peeved about Gamestop not including my preorder dlc. Now I have to jump through hoops for their incompetence.
If you didn't notice when you order it online, it says to wait 2 days after it ships for your Pre-Order DLC to be in your inbox (or maybe earlier), could have waited and gotten it in-store to have it on the receipt (unless circumstances differ, and your only choice was to get it online.)

fuck my life, I didn't know Project Diva 2nd comes out tomorrow. Thought it was at the end of the year last time I checked release dates. Hope BB carries it since I have gcu.

fuck my life, I didn't know Project Diva 2nd comes out tomorrow. Thought it was at the end of the year last time I checked release dates. Hope BB carries it since I have gcu.
It's not hard to check for yourself, you know: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=project+diva+f+2nd&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=ATG8419872589&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Best of luck, I'd have got it at best buy ($5 gcu from last week XD) but had amazon credit. Well diva's on their site, seems to only be available online (in my area at least). Good luck!

This time I'm just going to stay home and wait for Amazon to price-match ToX 2.

Instead of being an idiot like last time and standing outside of Gamestop in the cold and getting an opened copy of Xillia, only to find out that Amazon price-matched it in the morning. Finally, for the cherry on top, some people end up getting the CE instead.

This time I'm just going to stay home and wait for Amazon to price-match ToX 2.

Instead of being an idiot like last time and standing outside of Gamestop in the cold and getting an opened copy of Xillia, only to find out that Amazon price-matched it in the morning. Finally, for the cherry on top, some people end up getting the CE instead.
I got the LE from Gamestop. :p

I know, I kinda meant in store but apparently they didn't know what I was talking about when I picked up Far cry 4. Ill probably wait for BB points to go through and order it online.

I would normally say the same about Atlus software titles, but in this case, it's still available on Amazon, BestBuy and Gamestop... I think they may have overproduced this one.
This doesn't mean they will all make it to market, I haven't seen a new Japanese game on my bbys shelf since darken guard 3.

This doesn't mean they will all make it to market, I haven't seen a new Japanese game on my bbys shelf since darken guard 3.
That wasn't my point. It's still available now even at all 3 major retailers. The P4G SG edition sold out well before the release date. I dont have any doubt that the vanilla copies will be available after the release date, but the limited editions are still widely available. At some point these will dry up, but the fact that it hasn't already sold out probably tells me that they made a bunch of these... and most likely overproduced. BBY has been doing a lot of online only inventory for japanese rpgs. Only place you would find them in stores is GameStop.

Just popped on to mention that BBY has Tears to Tiara II for about $5 off right now. PRetty crappy sale but its on sale nonetheless. WIth GCU that puts it at $28.79. Just a heads up for anyone who wanted to get a first print run with the artbook

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tears-to-tiara-ii-heir-of-the-overlord-playstation-3/4201006.p?id=1219336546011&skuId=4201006
As far as the artbook goes, it's really just a flip book. Granted it's a throw in and is much appreciated, it's not a full fledged artbook like you'd find from NISA . It's roughly 40 pages and is the size of the game case.

Just popped on to mention that BBY has Tears to Tiara II for about $5 off right now. PRetty crappy sale but its on sale nonetheless. WIth GCU that puts it at $28.79. Just a heads up for anyone who wanted to get a first print run with the artbook

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tears-to-tiara-ii-heir-of-the-overlord-playstation-3/4201006.p?id=1219336546011&skuId=4201006
I already grabbed it at this price and Arcana Heart 3: LOVE MAX!!!!! on its tiny sale, too. Figured this may be the cheapest we see them because Best Buy tends to not order very many copies of niche games, and these may go out of stock at any time.

Drakengard 3 is $19.99 at Play Asia with $6.90 shipping. I believe that's the cheapest I've seen it.
It was $24.99 used at Gamestop for one week, or $17.99 with birthday coupon + PUR. I'm waiting for it to drop to sub-$20 before any discounts.

went ahead and grabbed the xillia 2 collectors off amazon since its 30 cheaper, 100 is more acceptable plus i dont know if it will get the half price treatment and go to 65 like the other one did, glad i havent started it yet but now i got an extra copy to trade in, hopefully GS or target have a trade in special soon though going into gamestop today, noticed some of their used games have gone up in price, guessing it for the blackfriday sale or something

went ahead and grabbed the xillia 2 collectors off amazon since its 30 cheaper, 100 is more acceptable plus i dont know if it will get the half price treatment and go to 65 like the other one did, glad i havent started it yet but now i got an extra copy to trade in, hopefully GS or target have a trade in special soon though going into gamestop today, noticed some of their used games have gone up in price, guessing it for the blackfriday sale or something
Gamestop doesn't officially do trade-in promos anymore, but you never know.

Drakengard 3 is $19.99 at Play Asia with $6.90 shipping. I believe that's the cheapest I've seen it.
Danganropa is $28.99 too. It's the lowest I can recall seeing it new. At least in a very long time. Was going to try to PM Drakengard at Best Buy today so I don't have to wait a month to play it. If I can't I was going to probably order the pair to save on shipping. They had Mobile Suit Gundam Vs. Extreme Fully Boosted Title Length for $39.99 again, but I didn't have the cash and I won't pay the extra $2 they want for it now. I'm sure it'll drop to that price again in a few more months anyway.

With Xillia 2 going for $20 on BF, market might get saturated. You might have a hard time dumping it if value drops.

htol_pe_1.jpg
http://store.nisamerica.com/htol-niq-the-firefly-diary

Just got my Vita Miku from Best Buy's free shipping. Release day shipping for free is pretty damn awesome. 

Game comes with an instruction manual (!!) and a trading card with Miku on it. 

A heads up for those that didnt know (I didnt).  If you have a Gift Certificate code for NIS that was issued before the store, re-vamp, you have to call or email them to get them to generate you a new code.

As soon as  I get my new code, i'm definitely ordering the LE for htoL

A heads up for those that didnt know (I didnt). If you have a Gift Certificate code for NIS that was issued before the store, re-vamp, you have to call or email them to get them to generate you a new code.

As soon as I get my new code, i'm definitely ordering the LE for htoL
Can you even log in? It keeps claiming my password is invalid and when I ask for a reset, it never sends a message. I tried re-registering and it claims I'm already registered. Their new site is definitely broken.

Can you even log in? It keeps claiming my password is invalid and when I ask for a reset, it never sends a message. I tried re-registering and it claims I'm already registered. Their new site is definitely broken.
Everyone has to reset their password. Check your junk folder, that is where both my password reset and order confirmation for Firefly Diaries went.

Play Asia has the 64GB Vita cards for $83.99. Seems to be the lowest price to date and I'm desperately full. Have been for a long god damn time. I'm a storage pig so this thing will be full within a couple months tops (likely full day one when I put tons of stuff I pulled off my old card back on). Should I bite or wait some more? I feel like there may be a super sale around the corner for like $60 and I'll be kicking myself.

A heads up for those that didnt know (I didnt). If you have a Gift Certificate code for NIS that was issued before the store, re-vamp, you have to call or email them to get them to generate you a new code.

As soon as I get my new code, i'm definitely ordering the LE for htoL
I found this out as I was trying to order too. It would have been nice of them to email everyone that their new store website is a piece of crap and that any unused gift codes will be unusable on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back