Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to give a heads up that I got curious and checked XSeed's forums and it appears the Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus DLC issue has been fixed.

Also, another free DLC level has been put up on PSN for Fairy Fencer F.

Just want to give a heads up that I got curious and checked XSeed's forums and it appears the Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus DLC issue has been fixed.

Rainbow panties hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

thanks, was waiting for that to keep playing,

Bladestorm: Nightmare coming out March 3rd, 2015 for North America and March 5th, 2015 for Europe.

Link

February and March 2015 are loaded.....will pass on this, but looks interesting. Anyone play the original release?

I really don't think so. Ran SUPER slow on my phone, and the site formats were terrible, due to lack of flash and fancy stuff like that :/

I miss the old site. Basic is better nowadays.
Their speed is the issue on their web server. It has nothing do with how the site looks like on a phone/tablet vs computer.

Regardless, it looks 'fine' on my phone but is disproportionately wrong on my computer. I only say fine because it aligns well on my phone with no standing issues where that isn't the case on my PC. However I think the redesign is terrible regardless. I'll never understand the design decisions I see on a lot of websites.

And yes, minimal is often best. It's hard to make a good minimalistic site that's catchy but doesn't detract from the site. Then again tastes vary greatly from person to person so you'll never please everybody.

I got my NIS America order to go through:

These steps fixed my problem:

1. Don't use PayPal

2. Don't update your address information on the same screen you're placing your order. Instead, go to your account, update it, save it, default it, and come back to checkout. The less things you have to poke and prod on the buggy order screen the better, it seems.

EDIT: Also reset your password for your account if you can't login

I was able to login yesterday night but since my gift certificates didn't work I sent them an email seeing if I could get a code that does work.
I still can't; I clicked "Forgot My Password" twice and haven't received any email (nothing in my Spam folder, either). :wall:

Hey guys, Updated image on the contents for US PS3/PS4 Guilty Gear Xrd LE! (Already posted on the CE Thread, not gonna post the big image, just quickie link)

http://www.aksysgames.com/images/GGXrd_LE-Mock_v3_lr.jpg
GGXrd_LE-Mock_v3_lr.jpg

by putting a bunch of new releases up on amazon for $10 a piece and getting walmart to price match them?

Note: please don't actually do this as it isn't the right thing to do :p
That may actually be a good idea. Hear me out/think about it for a second. If a crap load of people buy niche games for 10$ or so and it sells out they may order more copies to meet demand. Increase sales lead to more people getting it and more money for nisa and whoever which means more games for us. Seems like a win win hypothetically. Its not like walmart wouldn't end up selling them for 5-20$ anyway down the road. looks at the rune factory I got a couple months back for like 5-10$ Ignoring titles like .hack and tales of phantasia that they still charge retail for. They still have a 40$ copy of top gba at the only walmart near me.

I still can't; I clicked "Forgot My Password" twice and haven't received any email (nothing in my Spam folder, either). :wall:
Nobody seems to be answering the phone line anymore (I tried four different times this morning and this afternoon) and they never responded to the ticket I opened yesterday. Finally, I just registered a new account using a gmail address and it worked. The forgot password didn't work with my Roadrunner/Time Warner account and I tried to register with an AOL account and that didn't work either. There is definitely something very wrong with their new site. Eventually they may respond and hopefully I can get my old account to work again and the old certificates that no longer work to apply.

I was able to checkout earlier on NISA's store when last night I couldn't at all. Got the confirmation email and everything. Those that failed last night might wanna try again.

I'm not sure what I should do. I registered for a new account yesterday and was able to get my pre-order in for the limited edition. However, I still haven't received any emails and I've checked my spam folder as well.

I also tried to sign in and it said my account needed to be verified so I had them resend the email and still nothing. Finally, I see they placed a temporary charge for the pre-order which definitely confirms my order went through but I just can't access my account.

I like the idea of visual novels, but they all seem to be moe and ecchi 'romance' fests, which I want absolutely nothing to do with. That said, Steins;gate is on my radar and so is World End Economica and Higurashi.
Check out Saya no Uta, Planetarian and the Danganronpa series if you have a vita. Look into the Muv-Luv series as well, Alternative is incredible. I'm of the opinion that reading Extra and Unlimited is necessary to fully appreciate Alternative but if you absolutely can't stomach them you could read a plot summary.

Edit: Also check out vndb. It's useful as a resource to help you find vns you're interested in even if the userbase is generally terrible.

You can also try Katawa Shojou if you're interested in trying out Visual Novels

Edit: Also preordered the htoL#NiQ LE. Only 51-75% left in stock.

I wonder if I'm having this much trouble logging in to NISA's store because I'm actually not entering the correct password. However, if I clicked "Forgot My Password" (four times now and still haven't received any email), does that immediately reset my password so that I have to click the link in the email they're supposed to "send"? :whistle2:k

I wonder if I'm having this much trouble logging in to NISA's store because I'm actually not entering the correct password. However, if I clicked "Forgot My Password" (four times now and still haven't received any email), does that immediately reset my password so that I have to click the link in the email they're supposed to "send"? :whistle2:k
yes or you can just cut and paste the link in the email, had to reset mine days ago when they announce firefly to preorder, email came withing 5 minutes of reseting, if your having trouble, dont know your computer situation but you can try to call customer service if they have a number

I always imagine visualnovels to be either harems or some murder mystery type story with lots of sex here & there.
& Saya was great, it was the first VN I read. Generally people have considered Saya extremely disturbing fyi, I didn't but than again most of my imagination would be considered disturbing lol.

yes or you can just cut and paste the link in the email, had to reset mine days ago when they announce firefly to preorder, email came withing 5 minutes of reseting, if your having trouble, dont know your computer situation but you can try to call customer service if they have a number
As I said, I never received any emails, so I can't do any cut-and-paste-ing. :headache: I did send an email to NISA Support, though, so hopefully I'll get a response.

So, I found an old email from NIS, clicked on the link going to the old store, changed my password there and my order showed up in my list.  As for emails, I have not gotten any confirmation emails, nor did I get any when I click forgot my password.  Maybe this will work for you.  

As I said, I never received any emails, so I can't do any cut-and-paste-ing. :headache: I did send an email to NISA Support, though, so hopefully I'll get a response.
It's been 2 days and I have not heard from a NISA support team rep about my case. I'm guessing they're busy fixing everyone's issues. That or they're all in cabo enjoying a martini.

So, I found an old email from NIS, clicked on the link going to the old store, changed my password there and my order showed up in my list. As for emails, I have not gotten any confirmation emails, nor did I get any when I click forgot my password. Maybe this will work for you.
Thanks for the help, but even after changing my password at the old store, I can't log in to the new store.

I recently finished Atelier Rorona Plus and loved it - now I'm playing Atelier Totori Plus. It feels pretty different. The game is just kind of like "here's some stuff you can do and three years ready.set.go!" while Rorona seems to focus more on every few months at a time.

Which one more closely represents the rest of the games in the series, or are they all a little different? I think I prefer Rorona's method so far.

tokyo twilight ghost hunters, here is a preview of the gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2HG7leCmWA
Honestly this looks confusing as heck for the gameplay part. I will still buy it since it seems to have a heck of a lot of visual novel parts as well. Also the music...bleh...graphics are so-so as well...i'm sure not many people will buy it honestly.

The site is still fubar'd for me. Will try again later tonight. When I was trying to check out it kept saying under payment - payment information not necessary and that my grand total was 0. After logging out, logging in and adding to my cart again I got to show an actual cost but now I can't submit with a credit card or get to paypal through it.

Honestly this looks confusing as heck for the gameplay part. I will still buy it since it seems to have a heck of a lot of visual novel parts as well. Also the music...bleh...graphics are so-so as well...i'm sure not many people will buy it honestly.
i will get it, once it drops to $19.99.

Among the other things that NISA's site is doing poorly, they aren't doing a very good job of pointing out that the physical versions of Firefly Diaries are both exclusive to their online store.  If I hadn't looked it up elsewhere, I'd have had no idea. (assuming that hasn't changed, I guess)

I would think that you would want that in big bold letters underneath the wonky images and giant whitespace plastered on the item page.

I recently finished Atelier Rorona Plus and loved it - now I'm playing Atelier Totori Plus. It feels pretty different. The game is just kind of like "here's some stuff you can do and three years ready.set.go!" while Rorona seems to focus more on every few months at a time.

Which one more closely represents the rest of the games in the series, or are they all a little different? I think I prefer Rorona's method so far.
They'll follow Totori's formula for the most part. World map will be like that from now on. You'll get Rorona's sorting back in Meruru. But yeah, because everyone complained about the time limit, expect to get less and less time management as you continue. Shallie gets rid of it altogether. Casuals ruin everything.

They'll follow Totori's formula for the most part. World map will be like that from now on. You'll get Rorona's sorting back in Meruru. But yeah, because everyone complained about the time limit, expect to get less and less time management as you continue. Shallie gets rid of it altogether. Casuals ruin everything.
Shallie wasn't/isn't good?

Among the other things that NISA's site is doing poorly, they aren't doing a very good job of pointing out that the physical versions of Firefly Diaries are both exclusive to their online store. If I hadn't looked it up elsewhere, I'd have had no idea. (assuming that hasn't changed, I guess)

I would think that you would want that in big bold letters underneath the wonky images and giant whitespace plastered on the item page.
Wait why is the physical edition of the game so cheap? Only $30 for the LE? And thanks for the heads up, I had no idea the physical version was exclusive to their store.

Shallie wasn't/isn't good?
I haven't played it yet. There was some negative backlash from what I heard. But if you like the Dusk games you'd probably be fine with it.

Dusk really shat on the time managment. Just about everything takes 1 day to make. What's the point? I'm still enjoying it but Arland is on a whole 'nother level.

the time limit in the first game was a bit of a handcuff as you didn't have much time to do anything but the assigned stuff, which made it a bit of a drag but overall it was fine...

I do wish the games in general had a free play mode at the end of the game though.... I am never going to be motivated enough to go through and get the true endings when I can't just take my time to do stuff, especially since on totori the way the game ended was me one space away from the final side dungeon... but when I try to go there I get the end credits because my time is up :(

the time limit in the first game was a bit of a handcuff as you didn't have much time to do anything but the assigned stuff, which made it a bit of a drag but overall it was fine...
I didn't feel that way, personally. I completed every task with a 3 star rating (so at least 7 stars on the quest screen), and was still able to explore the majority of the maps, make most of the shop improvements, and make top tier weapons for nearly every character in prep for a new game+. Then, between the hilariously overpowered weapons, the traveler's shoes, the upgraded cauldron, and the basket one that let's you access the container while in the field, I've consistently been able to complete the assignment to 10 stars and fill the stamp card in less than a month, sometimes in as little as a week, and then have the rest of the time to do whatever. The new game plus is actually kind of boring, since it's not until the last year or so that you can do all the really cool stuff, so it feels like a lot of wasted days.

How import friendly is Onechanbara Z2 Chaos if I don't speak / read Japanese?

I can make it through simple stuff fine - like Monster Monpiece in Japanese, Hatsune Miku, etc. But I never take on anything too complicated.

It seems pretty friendly to importers, but I want to check with someone that's played it to be sure first.

There's also no way I could apply the DLC bonus to my NA PSN account, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back