Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone pre-ordered htol#Niq? I'm kinda interested in preordering, but not sure if I should just wait.. I've been out of the NIS game for awhile.

Out of context (how I read it), your original post sounded really bad, then I realized it was about Criminal Girls...I know censorship bugged people with monpiece, but it's necessary to make certain changes when localizing titles in NA/EU.
I was thinking about Shinobu when i wrote that...That sounds more wrong... Anyone i dont believe in cencorship, but i understand the business sense of it. As such, i will continue to buy any NISA game just to keep them in business.

Just posted this over in the CE thread, but figured I would post it here too...

SE just put up a CE for FF Type-0

https://type0.na.square-enix.com/

beautyShots_r12.jpg

Edit - Oops was beat to the punch  :rofl:

Oh man another re-release of a game I already have (have PS2 games, got PS3 collection...now PS4...for shame). They will get my money once they release FFType-0 HD.
just means 3 copies of the same game on 3 different consoles all still in backlog yet to be played.

the generational backlog grows another generation

Thanks for the link. I now I sure don't help SE since I keep giving in to their expensive CE's. If anything at least Pepita only puts a 50c authorization on your card rather than the full amount DR did. 

Has anyone pre-ordered htol#Niq? I'm kinda interested in preordering, but not sure if I should just wait.. I've been out of the NIS game for awhile.
It's super cheap and if you are going to take the time to make a post like that, I would probably just as well preorder and secure a limited edition if you are into that sort of thing.

Or whatever really.

Ugh I want that collectors edition. But square enix is still using digital river right? Two 2 weeks to get my final fantasy x/x-2 hd collectors edition to get here. Its a huge want, but I may just havr to pass given my new ps3 backlog haha

I'm going to have to, based on the horror stories for the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD CE. :nottalking:
Hopefully SE gave some feedback to their new shipping company. I remember NISA having a bunch of issues with their new Texas distributor when they first started using them but it has since been fixed. Then again, its SE.

My GG Xrd standard was shipped. It'd be nice if it came tomorrow, but I doubt it. Good news is I got my Hori v4 though. It's a good stick, though I'm really tempted to swap the joystick and buttons.

Ugh I want that collectors edition. But square enix is still using digital river right? Two 2 weeks to get my final fantasy x/x-2 hd collectors edition to get here. Its a huge want, but I may just havr to pass given my new ps3 backlog haha
I got Lightning Returns and FFX HD CE from digital river without a problem. Meanwhile many people got damaged KH2.5 from Pepita. On the plus side I got my KH2.5 before release date.

I'm going to have to, based on the horror stories for the Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD CE. :nottalking:
Good call. 16 Days after I first contacted them about my damaged 2.5HD CE, still no resolution. Of course, they had no problem charging me in full a month before it shipped.

I had a bad enough time with Digital river that I don't think I want to touch Pepita that doesn't even offer free shipping.  Wish S-E would stop doing their store exclusives already.

Good call. 16 Days after I first contacted them about my damaged 2.5HD CE, still no resolution. Of course, they had no problem charging me in full a month before it shipped.
A dented corner or a "crease" isn't any justification to replace the entire product. Hence why they're avoiding you.

That's up to the company. Clearly they decided it isn't worth it. It's bad customer service, hence the bad reputation they have here, but it's also their choice.

My wife had a job where she packs and ships things out to customers. She has given very explicit instructions to never ship a video game that has an outer box (like an Atlus first print run bonus or something) inside a bubble mailer. It always goes into a box. Mostly thanks to all of my complaining about damaged goods received from Amazon thanks to bubble mailers.

Was the Kingdom Hearts CE still shipped in a box and also damaged?

That's up to the company. Clearly they decided it isn't worth it. It's bad customer service, hence the bad reputation they have here, but it's also their choice.

My wife had a job where she packs and ships things out to customers. She has given very explicit instructions to never ship a video game that has an outer box (like an Atlus first print run bonus or something) inside a bubble mailer. It always goes into a box. Mostly thanks to all of my complaining about damaged goods received from Amazon thanks to bubble mailers.

Was the Kingdom Hearts CE still shipped in a box and also damaged?
Yes, although it was snug fit with no cushioning and I suspect they also shipped damaged items to buyers like myself as the shipping box only had a couple small dents, but my game box had a large tear from one corner to the middle of the front and bad creasing, dents crushing and dings all around.

If anyone is interested, Tron Bonne and Rockman Battle and Chase are gonna be on the Japanese PSN store this Dec 17.  Both in Japanese, but it doesn't take much to know what to do if you have already played it already.

I wish they'd charge right away. It's so far away I don't want to forget about it and have it surprise me.
If you use paypal I'm pretty sure you get charged now.

Edit - Which I may actually do.. just noticed the release date is right around FFT0 gah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back