Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
10pages ago i didn't believe the guy who said this would turn into a 10pg censorship debate, I was wrong to doubt him lol. Well, more on point does anyone know if the New sword art online game for ps3 has been announced for a westward release? Or so far is it just confirmed for a English sub, eastern release that can be imported?
Probably a digital release in the West again. But you can import the English edition. Bamco promises the translation will be much better this time around.

Probably a digital release in the West again. But you can import the English edition. Bamco promises the translation will be much better this time around.
What are the most trustworthy, low priced places to import from? I sometimes find Japanese games for sale on amazon, anywhere just as trustworthy/low priced?

A new non-smartphone exclusive Square Enix Vita game!? Am I still fast asleep at home and dreaming?
Seeing how we never got Saga 2 and 3 on DS (but transpation patch is available), we are unlikely to see it in English

No, they aren't. Most of their LE's are exclusive to their online store.

That being said shipping issues are pretty rare with NISA.

There were some problems when they switched distributors, but they worked it out. I think they also replaced all damaged outer boxes too.

Everything I've ordered has been well packed and even arrived a day before release day with the free shipping option.

Glad I got in on the htoL#NiQ with my two $5 gift certs. Got the LE for the price of the SE. Probably not gonna get the Criminal Girls LE though

Good! But whatabout criminal girls? Any thoughts on how that'll be? Does anyone know if it is going to be censored.. Game looks interesting enough but im not sure if i should blow 51$ just to have it as a le.

Good! But whatabout criminal girls? Any thoughts on how that'll be? Does anyone know if it is going to be censored.. Game looks interesting enough but im not sure if i should blow 51$ just to have it as a le.
My exact situation lol. I buy so many LE's just because they are LE's, and then like 90% of them still end up being in stock months later, and half of them tank in price

It'd be nice if instead of just explaining what was changed, they actually showed the US version of the mini-game.

Yeah, i hope it isnt too bad.. Most likely ill keep my pre-order. I need to build up my vita collection since i'll only be collecting and playing jrpg games on vita and nothing else.

It'd be nice if instead of just explaining what was changed, they actually showed the US version of the mini-game.
Just less audio (moans and shrieks) and a lot more steam/mist as seen from the mini game screen shots.

I'm stil debating of I should get the LE. Gameplay looks too simplified.

I know the box art isn't "finalized" but anyone notice how Atelier Shallie doesn't have NISA stamp on the packaging anywhere? Maybe it will change; if not, can I consider the possibility that NISA isn't even localizing this game, but merely making and packing the LE? Maybe also I am just jumping to odd conclusions.

I also compiled a small list recapping upcoming LE that seem important to me and possibly others, feel free to suggest amendments:

01/??/15 PSV Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 LE $????
02/03/15 PSV CRIMINAL GIRLS: Invite Only LE $51.99 
02/16/15 PS4 Bloodborne CE $79.99
02/24/15 PSV hotL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary LE $29.99
03/10/15 PS3 Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea LE $64.99
03/17/15 PS4 Final Fantasy Type-0 CE $99.99
??/??/15 PS3 The Awakened Fate Ultimatum $????

The only one i really want out of that , that i refuse to buy & preorder is the ff type-0 ce... Way to expansive for me... I'll just get the standard edition and be happy it atleast includes the ff15 demo

That Criminal Girls gameplay looks awful are you kidding me.  There is no animation in the battle and the characters look like paper cutouts.  I can't believe we are considering buying that.  We should all probably seek professional help.

I want to buy the Type-0 LE but I'm just not sure I can justify the $108 price tag.  You know that game is going to be $20 for the normal version in a matter of months.  Plus I don't see any mention on a limited run # for the LE so who knows how many they are making.

That Criminal Girls gameplay looks awful are you kidding me. There is no animation in the battle and the characters look like paper cutouts. I can't believe we are considering buying that. We should all probably seek professional help.

I want to buy the Type-0 LE but I'm just not sure I can justify the $108 price tag. You know that game is going to be $20 for the normal version in a matter of months. Plus I don't see any mention on a limited run # for the LE so who knows how many they are making.
Hmm mayb i should cancel criminal girl since your making my mind think the game is basically that lol

Regarding Final Fantasy Type-O and Bloodborne Collector Editions--they're coming in offical SteelBook cases.

I also side with you all in thinking that Final Fantasy is overpriced, despite having a 100 page manga as well... but SteelBooks are also very nice, and I sure don't see them as much as I used to.

"We" are going to play Criminal Girls because "we" haven't been disappointed in any 1st party NIS software. The point of getting the game is so that I can review it for me and me alone and discover and draw my own conclusions on the gameplay. Yes, I agree that it doesn't look like much--it honestly looks almost more like you train AI rather than have to actually mash X.

I don't recall Demon Gaze having any real battle animations--that game was amazing. Since when did "we" care about graphics in niche game thread, anyway?

Can we please move Criminal Girls discussion to it's own thread? I just can't help but be baited into a comment, and currently playing Danganronpa 2 I feel like you guys are all tricking me into talking myself into a corner.

My exact situation lol. I buy so many LE's just because they are LE's, and then like 90% of them still end up being in stock months later, and half of them tank in price
you obviously don't pay attention to many NisA LE. Their LE that are sold exclusively on their store are actually limited and most of the time run out of stock well before release causing them to go up in value usually by 25% or more from day 1 and never coming back down.

I know the box art isn't "finalized" but anyone notice how Atelier Shallie doesn't have NISA stamp on the packaging anywhere? Maybe it will change; if not, can I consider the possibility that NISA isn't even localizing this game, but merely making and packing the LE? Maybe also I am just jumping to odd conclusions.
Nisa isn't localizing the game. They are indeed merely making the packaging for the LE. Their stamp isn't on i t because they aren't the ones releasing it, koei are. Koei and NisA are on good terms though (koei distributed NisA's games for a while) thus seeing a decent reduction in sales in the gust releases once they took over, have gotten nisA involved again to make LE so that people buy the Gust games again as NisA has a good fanbase that will buy pretty much any LE they release :p.

it will work too as this is the first atelier game since meruru that I am preordering :p

it will work too as this is the first atelier game since meruru that I am preordering :p
This will be my first Atelier I've preordered, haha. I haven't yet decided if I am interested in the game, but I predict that NISA is going to sell me a LE, then I am going to become interested in the series, at least for some time, and possibly start hunting for an opportunity to get other LE.

If anything, this sounds like good news to those that are trying to sell Rorona, Totori, and Meruru LEs, because I'd imagine it'd resurge popularity in those titles for awhile--sadly looking at what happened to Danganronpa's LE which I'd like buy just can't justify the after market pricing.

Danganronpa and Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 are the two LEs that I don't have and constantly am pained with the dissatisfaction of not owning or being able to preorder in time.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is very interesting to see this method of distribution and partnership between the two companies.

This will be my first Atelier I've preordered, haha. I haven't yet decided if I am interested in the game, but I predict that NISA is going to sell me a LE, then I am going to become interested in the series, at least for some time, and possibly start hunting for an opportunity to get other LE.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is very interesting to see this method of distribution and partnership between the two companies.
Keep in mind that this is the third game of the second trilogy, so some things might be lost without playing the first two games in the trilogy... though if it's anything like the first trilogy (rorona, totori, meruru) it likely won't be much lost as the games are rather stand alone.

also this isn't the first time the two companies have worked together

ar no surge

was also handled by nisa on behalf of koei. I think it was somewhere between $65 and $75 to preorder... currently going for $135 plus on amazon.

Regarding Final Fantasy Type-O and Bloodborne Collector Editions--they're coming in offical SteelBook cases.

I also side with you all in thinking that Final Fantasy is overpriced, despite having a 100 page manga as well... but SteelBooks are also very nice, and I sure don't see them as much as I used to.

I don't recall Demon Gaze having any real battle animations--that game was amazing. Since when did "we" care about graphics in niche game thread, anyway?
I really don't think $40 is that bad for all the stuff with the Type-0 CE but I will pass and stick to getting the standard edition on Amazon. I will be getting Bloodborne though.

Demon Gaze was great, one of my favorite Vita games this year. I really hope the sequel will be localized, and other Experience dungeon crawlers.

Not worth the ridiculous prices. Funny that all the things you pay extra for in the Bloodborne CE are the same exact things I got for free with the purchase of the original Dark Souls.

Interesting comparison...

Dark Souls, supposing it was $59.99 MSRP, had the SteelBook upgrade as a free preorder bonus along with art book and digital soundtrack and digital strategy guide (the latter of which are hardly a bonus in my book).

Bloodborne is $79.99 MSRP for Collector's Edition, and has SteelBook, art book, and digital soundtrack. Preorder bonus of "messenger skin" on Amazon.

I'd also just theorize that, with these differences in distribution methods, Dark Souls also seems rarer and likely harder to obtain, where I imagine Bloodborne will be able to be acquired sealed for $80 or less for awhile after release date--especially since there are less PS4s than PS3s in households.

Thanks Dead Texan.

I will still be buying Bloodborne for sure, though, and I don't even have a PS4.

Dark Souls wasn't a steelbook. It was a tin. And the artbook was more like a pamphlet.
Dark Souls was also the launch of a new IP type with a relatively low marketing budget, so their initial price point would tend to be less elastic. Bloodborne can really be thought of as a spiritual successor to the Dark Souls series and has had a lot of Sony marketing behind it, meaning it can ride somewhat on Dark Souls' coattails and support a higher price point.

Dark Souls was also the launch of a new IP type with a relatively low marketing budget, so their initial price point would tend to be less elastic. Bloodborne can really be thought of as a spiritual successor to the Dark Souls series and has had a lot of Sony marketing behind it, meaning it can ride somewhat on Dark Souls' coattails and support a higher price point.
Dark Souls was not a new IP type.

I also compiled a small list recapping upcoming LE that seem important to me and possibly others, feel free to suggest amendments:

01/??/15 PSV Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 LE $????
02/03/15 PSV CRIMINAL GIRLS: Invite Only LE $51.99
02/16/15 PS4 Bloodborne CE $79.99
02/24/15 PSV hotL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary LE $29.99
03/10/15 PS3 Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea LE $64.99
03/17/15 PS4 Final Fantasy Type-0 CE $99.99
??/??/15 PS3 The Awakened Fate Ultimatum $????
I'll probably only go after Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 LE. I'd love to snag Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea LE and Final Fantasy Type-0 CE, but I'm married now and don't own a PS4 yet. More than likely will just have to wait and snag the Vanilla versions when I can.

DmC is getting a definitive edition next year.

Apparently, Devil May Cry 4 is also coming to PS4 next year. Both will retail for $40

dmcde_ps4_fobywuwl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back