Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
has no idea whats going on anymore
2c7b084dbf2b2c6d8bd34ef3ddc5b2726e231388a78b27edf7e6e5160111f98f.jpg

That's sad, because not a year ago NISA was the shit when it came to customer support. I always got a reply from their email support within a few hours of submitting my claim/issue/question.
something strange over at NISA..... by december, most PR agents jumped to either IFI or started their own PR agency for gaming. These are all people I met at cons or working for a local TV station, I haven't asked any of them via email, but waiting for the next con to catch any of them to see what happened...

The PSN sale doesn't look too bad this week. I'm surprised.

Got Muramasa with all dlc for $17.50.

The additional PS plus discount only applies to certain games right? Just wondering if I should hold onto my ps plus trial for awhile longer. Plan to save it for Ateliers.

What are the thoughts on Mind=0? I haven't really looked into it much. Do you think it'll go

I feel kind of bad for them, too. They did a great job popularizing Atelier and Neptunia, only to have both taken away.
true.... I just find it strange. the only familiar PR guy is the EU rep.....the US staff is ALL new to me. But most seem hapier at IFI.

they also supposedly have a usual atlus sale but no one posted the prices yet.  Child of light is prettymuch the only thing I'm interested in.

Virtue's Last Reward. Best game on the Vita AND 3DS library. :)

Everyone needs to buy it so we can get a sequel. Play 999 first though.

This is off topic from previous posts, but I thought this might belong to this thread
It's my first time posting here cuz I usually just lurk as a guest here lol (๑ↀᆺↀ๑)
hence, I can't post links so just remove the spaces & add the stuff in front (;´▽`A``

It's a horror game kickstarter campaign called Project Scissors: NightCry
being headed by Hifumi Kono & Takashi Shimizu with ~4 days left (currently ~216k of 300k goal ends Sun, Feb 22 2015 11:59 PM PST)
kickstarter. com/projects/playism/project-scissors-nightcry

Japanese kickstarter counterpart called Campfire  (currently ~2.5 mil of 3 mil yen goal ends 2015/03/01 0:00 JST?)
camp-fire. jp/projects/view/1443

Youtube channel for trailers, early gameplay
youtube. com/channel/UCEg0yktLIjXlXfO5PuLbyKw/videos

Hifumi Kono & Takashi Shimizu also did an AMA on reddit
reddit. com/r/IAmA/comments/2upnph/iama_hifumi_kono_founder_of_game_studio_nude/

It's supposed to be the spiritual successor of the Clock Tower series
they're trying to raise funds for potential PC($300k), PS4 ($450k), XboxOne ($550k) versions.
seems like mobile & Vita (PSM?) versions are being developed regardless of result
All things physical seems to be for pc only at this point

Gameplay is point&click, no weapons, you run & hide from creatures while trying to survive on a cruise ship in the middle of nowhere as a woman in highheels (lol)
Some of the current revealed game components are kind of questionable to me and probably others
i.e. the characters can somehow share info via social posts on smartphone (no help from GPS for rescue? ^o^)
      main girl Monica running around in high heels that echo _:)3 」∠)_ lol
but it's a horror game & early in development so... ╮(╯▽╰)╭

The team staff list: Hifumi Kono, Takashi Shimizu, Kiyoshi Arai, Masahiro Ito, Nobuko Toda
Michiru Yamane, Kensuke Matsui, Akira Uchiyama, Shinji Aramaki, Joseph Chou

There's no gurantees, but maybe this is something some of you might be interested in
I hope this campaign will be a success & Thanks for reading this far lol (◔◡◔)

Just started Muramasa Rebirth, fun game!

Can anyone recommend the Genroku Legends Collection DLC for it (currently on sale for $7.49 on PSN). Seems like a good deal price wise, but looking for some feedback content wise. Thanks!

Anyone else get DOA5: LR from Best Buy and still not get a shipment confirmation? Still processing for me, with an estimated arrival date of 2/16 in UPS MyChoice (but it still hasn't left their fulfillment center) o_O

Anyone else get DOA5: LR from Best Buy and still not get a shipment confirmation? Still processing for me, with an estimated arrival date of 2/16 in UPS MyChoice (but it still hasn't left their fulfillment center) o_O
My friends order from BB was backordered. I think it depends on when you ordered because I had placed my order like a month or so ago and one order shipped on Monday while the other shipped yesterday (PS4 and Xbox).

Not an exact date, but the new Godzilla game will be released in the EU and NA in July.  From the article, PS3 is digital only, but PS4 will have a physical release. 

Edit: Godzilla game up for pre-order at GS.  Get a poster if you have PUR.  I like the retro look of the cover if that is the official release.

Tales of Zestiria looks like it might get a Steam release

It would be awesome if Zestiria gets a good steam release. I'm tired of playing games at sub 1080 on console, and the Xillia series had very noticeable frame rate stutters--with the second being far worse than the first in this regard and also had a crap load of texture/model pop in.

Just started Muramasa Rebirth, fun game!

Can anyone recommend the Genroku Legends Collection DLC for it (currently on sale for $7.49 on PSN). Seems like a good deal price wise, but looking for some feedback content wise. Thanks!
Okay I recommend it :)
Kisuke and monohime have playstyles similar to each other in the main game. The dlc characters all have very different playstyles though. They'll have their own stories, but they're pretty short. The cool thing is you can fight all the bosses from the main story with them.8

i thought 999 was better... maybe it was the 2d drawn art work. didn't like the 3d models of vlr
I enjoyed the limited amount of animations with the 3d models more.
I think vlr is a superior game in most aspects. The puzzles were better designed and much more of them. The branching storyline was a thing of beauty that fixed the fatal flaw of the original where you had to replay too much stuff to get all the ends. The stories were both equally crazy and characters I like about equally(none I'm huge fans of or hate)

Okay I recommend it :)
Kisuke and monohime have playstyles similar to each other in the main game. The dlc characters all have very different playstyles though. They'll have their own stories, but they're pretty short. The cool thing is you can fight all the bosses from the main story with them.8
Thanks for the info :)

I enjoyed the limited amount of animations with the 3d models more.
I think vlr is a superior game in most aspects. The puzzles were better designed and much more of them. The branching storyline was a thing of beauty that fixed the fatal flaw of the original where you had to replay too much stuff to get all the ends. The stories were both equally crazy and characters I like about equally(none I'm huge fans of or hate)
yeah that's all true. can't debate those improvements. especially replaying it. but i think the overall feel i love the anime style artwork. if they had all the above corrections with the 2d art i would've loved it even more.

i like 2d animation more than 3d
except when armor guy is riding the horse. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back