Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info :)
Youre welcome :)

yeah that's all true. can't debate those improvements. especially replaying it. but i think the overall feel i love the anime style artwork. if they had all the above corrections with the 2d art i would've loved it even more.

i like 2d animation more than 3d
except when armor guy is riding the horse. lol
It's still anime style artwork, but I get what you're saying. Hand drawn animation has a charm to it that cg animation doesn't. Just wish there was more animations in general in both games.

Still no Liberi Fatali from VIII, what in the actual ****.

Two games in, several things of DLC and the big song from VIII is a no show, that's the equivalent of having VII with no One Winged Angel.
Uh...Liberi Fatali was in a previous DLC pack. It actually might be up for download right now.

EDIT: Yup, it should be up now, as it was released 1/22: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/22/world-ends-dlc-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call-north-america-today/

• [BMS] Liberi Fatali (Final Fantasy VIII)
  • [BMS] Final Confrontation (Romancing SaGa 3)
  • [BMS] World Revolution (Chrono Trigger)
  • [FMS] Wind Scene (Chrono Trigger)
  • [BMS] Twister (The World Ends With You)
  • [FMS] Calling (The World Ends With You)

It would be awesome if Zestiria gets a good steam release. I'm tired of playing games at sub 1080 on console, and the Xillia series had very noticeable frame rate stutters--with the second being far worse than the first in this regard and also had a crap load of texture/model pop in.
well i dont care for steam as much, wish they would stop the japanese only console crap and go back to xbox too, i am just starting xillia 2, dragging my feet with this because its not as good as the first, dont know why so many japanese complained about it but the changes they made to please fans for the second was worse

I didn't get the Xillia or Xillia 2 ones. The figures didn't seem like very good quality.
big tales fan, couldnt resist,

Same I just hope it isn't $120 like Xillia 2's was.
yah that was a jacked up price especially for a fake watch, waited till they went on sale to pick it up, been reading from fans that they are getting tired of tales and not looking forward to the next one, tales was better when it was simpiler and not so complex, takes the fun out of the game, zestra is gonna be heavy with dlc, besides the fact the creator promised this one would be a worldwide release for tales fans in the west, looks like it will be the same old years later crap. might just have to pass and move on to other series. besides, it looks like it if they push a sooner release, their wont be dubbed, getting sick of having to read all the time, it takes away from enjoying the game, especially during a fight, feels like you playing at a snails pace

well i dont care for steam as much, wish they would stop the japanese only console crap and go back to xbox too
I don't think that's going to happen. Xbox 360 are no longer being sold in Japan and the Xbox One hasn't even broke 50k. Just last week they've only sold 191 units down from a little over 200.

The Tales of games are for the Japanese market first and foremost so unless Bandai Namco America thinks it is profitable and a worth while endeavor, it's not likely to receive a port.

I'm not a fan of Steam but in the last 2-3 years, JRPG and niche Japanese games have been picking up steam and the niche publishers are recognizing there is a sizable and sustainable market.

I know I'm about 700 years late, but are there any chances that htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary will be available from NIS closer to launch day? Thanks in advance for any replies.
(I just got my PS TV and am loving it...)

I know I'm about 700 years late, but are there any chances that htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary will be available from NIS closer to launch day? Thanks in advance for any replies.
(I just got my PS TV and am loving it...)
it was available again last night for about 2 hours at least from im guessing canceled orders

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/02/19/oreshika-tainted-bloodlines-coming-to-ps-vita-on-march-3rd/#sf7537843

Oreshika is out March 3rd, digital only for 19.99. Day one buy for me but holy shit they have no confidence in this game whatsoever.
I get that it's easier to release niche games like this digitally, but if they can't be bothered to give it a physical release, then I won't be bothered to buy it until it's on sale for cheap. Unfortunate. Thanks for the info though.

$20 bucks is good for me...depending how i'm doing with games I'll buy it. Digitally only stinks but the price is right and the game looks great.

These Theatrhythm FF: Curtain Call songs are now available to download:

Battle Music Sequence (BMS)

• “Frog’s Theme” (CHRONO TRIGGER)
  • “The Dawn Warriors” (FINAL FANTASY V)
  • “Vamo’alla flamenco” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
  • “Nemesis” (FINAL FANTASY XIV)
  • “Misgestalt” (SaGa Frontier 2)
  • “Swivel” (Seiken Densetsu 3)
  • “The Conflict” (Romancing SaGa)
  • “The Ultimate Confrontation” (Romancing SaGa)
  • “Megalomania” (Live A Live)
Field Music Sequence (FMS)

• “Echoes of the Spiral” (LEGEND OF MANA)
  • “Kainé / Salvation” (NieR Replicant & NieR Gestalt)
  • “Song of the Ancients / Devola” (NieR Replicant & NieR Gestalt)
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/02/19/music-nier-legend-mana-now-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-curtain-call/

well i dont care for steam as much, wish they would stop the japanese only console crap and go back to xbox too, i am just starting xillia 2, dragging my feet with this because its not as good as the first, dont know why so many japanese complained about it but the changes they made to please fans for the second was worse

big tales fan, couldnt resist,

yah that was a jacked up price especially for a fake watch, waited till they went on sale to pick it up, been reading from fans that they are getting tired of tales and not looking forward to the next one, tales was better when it was simpiler and not so complex, takes the fun out of the game, zestra is gonna be heavy with dlc, besides the fact the creator promised this one would be a worldwide release for tales fans in the west, looks like it will be the same old years later crap. might just have to pass and move on to other series. besides, it looks like it if they push a sooner release, their wont be dubbed, getting sick of having to read all the time, it takes away from enjoying the game, especially during a fight, feels like you playing at a snails pace
I can understand a person not being into a digital only DRM platform. What I was getting at was a PC release--Steam is just a necessity if they want said PC release to actually sell. Bringing the games back to Xbox wouldn't improve any of my technical complaints with the Xillia games. So while a wider audience is always a good thing, that would just be two turds rather than one lol.

I don't really understand the comparison to Rogue Legacy. Where did that question come from?
how i took this is your family members gain your past exp and everytime you die you would just grow stronger as your family tree gets bigger? (like in rouge where everytime you die that exp just builds to the next time you play)

or does the new family members start back out at level 1 and you have to restart it all over again

The Curse of Ephemerality means that your clan members age rapidly with a maximum lifespan of around 2 years. As you explore labyrinths, defeat demons, and find treasures, the clock of in-game time is always ticking so it’s important to plan your moves strategically. In Oreshika, no matter how skilled you are in battle or how strong your equipment is, your characters will face death and so it’s your job to make sure your clan’s family tree grows new members to step up to the ranks.

how i took this is your family members gain your past exp and everytime you die you would just grow stronger as your family tree gets bigger? (like in rouge where everytime you die that exp just builds to the next time you play)

or does the new family members start back out at level 1 and you have to restart it all over again

The Curse of Ephemerality means that your clan members age rapidly with a maximum lifespan of around 2 years. As you explore labyrinths, defeat demons, and find treasures, the clock of in-game time is always ticking so it’s important to plan your moves strategically. In Oreshika, no matter how skilled you are in battle or how strong your equipment is, your characters will face death and so it’s your job to make sure your clan’s family tree grows new members to step up to the ranks.
you know before i read you comment i was going dismiss the game but i like how it sounds an $20 is a really good price

bringing them to xbox would possibly help sell more copies outside jpn and I would think an xbox one could help run tales of games better than the ps3 currently can would it not?  since the xillias and zestiria have crap loads of technical issues.

I support them moving to pc and as many platforms as they want if it will help the series sales wise out and get us more titles.

bringing them to xbox would possibly help sell more copies outside jpn and I would think an xbox one could help run tales of games better than the ps3 currently can would it not? since the xillias and zestiria have crap loads of technical issues.
That's less the PS3 itself and more Namco's programmers. You'll get the same result no matter the system.

with the 64gb going for 35 a few months back (after the rebate- credit card deal) i wonder how many would give 50 for a 32gb
You'd be surprised. The lowest used price in the Amazon Marketplace for a 32GB Vita memory card is $57.99+$3.99 shipping.

bringing them to xbox would possibly help sell more copies outside jpn and I would think an xbox one could help run tales of games better than the ps3 currently can would it not? since the xillias and zestiria have crap loads of technical issues.

I support them moving to pc and as many platforms as they want if it will help the series sales wise out and get us more titles.
Why would they move it from PS3 to Xbox 1 lol? That makes no sense at all as that's jumping up a hardware generation--not just porting to competing hardware. What you are trying to say is that you want them to move to 8th gen, which would surely be PS4--although I'm still all for them going to both platforms for more exposure. You said Xbox, though, which wasn't specific to 360 or XB1--and since they are being released on PS3, it was safe to assume you meant 360. Now when they do move to the 8th gen, it would be awesome if they moved to PS4, Xb1, and PC. That would surely be best for the series.

1.5 hours until the NIS conference...
Honestly I know very little of what they would announce. They are kind of losing my business with less and less franchises that interest me. I'm still on board for Disgaea and I like the Demon Gaze team stuff...but yeah that's about it. Very much my opinion of course. I know they will announce that Neptunia triple pack for PS3 for the first 3 games if they haven't already. They just lost too many big series....that I mainly bought...just saying though I rarely buy Neptunia stuff these days...we're kind of flooded with games from that franchise.

I'm really hoping to be surprised as I've supported them a lot in the past.

Honestly I know very little of what they would announce. They are kind of losing my business with less and less franchises that interest me. I'm still on board for Disgaea and I like the Demon Gaze team stuff...but yeah that's about it. Very much my opinion of course. I know they will announce that Neptunia triple pack for PS3 for the first 3 games if they haven't already. They just lost too many big series....that I mainly bought...just saying though I rarely buy Neptunia stuff these days...we're kind of flooded with games from that franchise.

I'm really hoping to be surprised as I've supported them a lot in the past.
Well, with IFI handling their own stuff now, hopefully NIS will pick up something new....

"The biggest announcement yet" says NIS A. So. Either expect something awesome. Or something disappointing like Square Enix announcing the PC Edition Final Fantasy VII HD for PS4 a few months back. 

I can't even imagine what it will be. I feel like it has to just be some kind of localization announcement, and I can't think of what is out there or coming out that would be that big.

"The biggest announcement yet" says NIS A. So. Either expect something awesome. Or something disappointing like Square Enix announcing the PC Edition Final Fantasy VII HD for PS4 a few months back.
that FFVII HD announcement was a pisser.... guess i missed the part about their biggest announcement yet.... was swayed by the free booze and food.... wonder what they'll announce...

I can't even imagine what it will be. I feel like it has to just be some kind of localization announcement, and I can't think of what is out there or coming out that would be that big.
Lots of folks on the GAF thread for this event think it's the localization of DanganRompa: AE.
No spoilers please- I've only just begun Trigger Happy Havoc. (Loving it...!)

NISA said the hint involves a 3rd game in a series involving watches and 9 strangers, I cant figure out what it is.

NISA said the hint involves a 3rd game in a series involving watches and 9 strangers, I cant figure out what it is.
Only games I can think of like that are 999 and VLR....you really think it's the infamous sequel that the creator has gone off and on about....now that would be great.

:whee: :whee:

Also, there is this. 

B-QNpuQCMAAbcgO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back