Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If they made Mother 1-3 in HD or released them as a 3DS collection do you know the amount of fucking money they could make. I don't see how they haven't done this yet?

It's like they are fucking stupid :lol:. I too would pay for Mother 3 whatever Nintendo wanted to charge.[/QUOTE]

If they made a Mother 1-3 collection I'd shell out like $500 for that bad boy! No second thoughts. Even if it was for a system I didn't own. Or didn't even plan on EVER owning.

I'd walk straight into Nintendo headquarters with FIVE of the crispest $100 bills they've ever seen, slap them in the face with it, tell them to NEVER EVER EVER EVER c*** tease us like that again with such a masterpiece, and walk out happy with copy.

They probably don't think of it as a viable series to release in the modern age. Yet releasing earthbound finally may prove the starting point for revitalizing the series

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']If they made a Mother 1-3 collection I'd shell out like $500 for that bad boy! No second thoughts. Even if it was for a system I didn't own. Or didn't even plan on EVER owning.

I'd walk straight into Nintendo headquarters with two of the crispest $100 bills they've ever seen, slap them in the face with it, tell them to NEVER EVER EVER EVER c*** tease us like that again with such a masterpiece, and walk out happy with copy.[/QUOTE]Wait, so would you pay $500 or $200? :lol:

[quote name='Vigilante']Wait, so would you pay $500 or $200? :lol:[/QUOTE]
The other $300 must be for plane tickets, hotel stay, bribes, etc.

I'm glad to hear about the first run special editions, but it makes me sad because both PxZ and SMT IV were in my gold box discounts recently and I went "Hmm, it's just the regular game at full price. I'll wait and pick these up later." :roll:

[quote name='roger watersmelon']The other $300 must be for plane tickets, hotel stay, bribes, etc.

I'm glad to hear about the first run special editions, but it makes me sad because both PxZ and SMT IV were in my gold box discounts recently and I went "Hmm, it's just the regular game at full price. I'll wait and pick these up later." :roll:[/QUOTE]You could look at that as a blessing if you consider Amazon's iffy track record for packaging non-standard editions of games.

[quote name='Vigilante']Wait, so would you pay $500 or $200? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah yeah :p I fixed it... JUST FOR YOU!!!!

I originally put $200 but then realized "No, I'd pay $500 at least!" and forgot to go back and change the "two" to a five.

[quote name='domon']For anyone else who has played it, have you run into a a couple of shoddy localization errors in soul hackers? When I try to use a healing station and I don't have enough mag, I get a message saying MAG followed by a bunch of japanese characters. And when I was talking to a demon, one of the lines of text was completely outside of the text box. I thought Atlus was better than this.

Edit: Also, I'm in Algon NS with the MC and my demons randomly seem to be getting poisoned, but nowhere on the status screens does it say they are actually afflicted with poison, but they keep dying when i'm walking around. Is this the game or is it just me? Also what the hell? Is my magnetite supposed to disappear with each step I take?[/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed all this yet. I do notice the strange stuff when talking to those slime type enemies (look like blobs) and just random stuff and maybe might go out of battle text window. Now that I remember I think when talking to one of the demons the text for them goes below the text box. A lil bit shoddy but decently translated.... Still readable at least and the voices in the game are pretty nice.

In this game I found out the hard way (had a full army full of summoned demons) that demons cost mag to summon and maintain their upkeep. That's why it's smart to keep only useful ones on hand that you can keep their upkeep. The game never mentioned this as far as I can tell. Once the mag supply is depleted they constantly lose life till they die I believe.

I like the game quite a bit and it feels as oldschool as it gets and I hope we both have good experiences with the game (along with anyone else who chooses to play it).

Also both my EO4 and Soul Hackers games didn't have the outer box shrink wrapped. Only the game case inside the outer box was wrapped and it had a sticker on the outside keeping the outer box closed. Bought both from Amazon.

Also is it officialy confirmed that Amazon isn't getting both the SMT 4 limited as well as the PxZ limited? Sometimes Amazon is very lazy to update their pages.....maybe we can email them and see what's up. I have both pre-ordered on Amazon at the moment.

Any update on the Class of Heroes 2 physical copies? Last I heard voting for the cover was still going on. I haven't been getting any e-mails on it either.

[quote name='nitrosmob']Also is it officialy confirmed that Amazon isn't getting both the SMT 4 limited as well as the PxZ limited? Sometimes Amazon is very lazy to update their pages.....maybe we can email them and see what's up. I have both pre-ordered on Amazon at the moment.[/QUOTE]As has been said several times, the "limited editions" for those titles are just all first-run copies, so if you have them preordered, you're fine.

[quote name='SephirothWF']Any update on the Class of Heroes 2 physical copies? Last I heard voting for the cover was still going on. I haven't been getting any e-mails on it either.[/QUOTE]
Issues for the opening song came up nothing new as of late and i've lost the link to the most current NeoGAF thread about it. :( but nope nothing important as of late.

[quote name='domon']Nope, it had both of those and the box sealed. I wouldn't have gotten it otherwise. Like I said, that location is good to jrpg fans.[/QUOTE]

When I mean it wasn't sealed, I'm referring to the outer le game box - not the gamecase. I did some googling and found the official unboxing by Atlus. The le gamebox is not sealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ3AvT0OUcw

[quote name='elessar123']There's a second print already?[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/647680-code-of-princess/64910169

[quote name='domon']I think it's worth noting that both of the atlus 3ds boxed games I have had the game case sealed with shrinkwrap, not the y-fold.[/QUOTE]

Which games?

The Code of Princess outer box (LE) is not sealed. The gamecase inside is.
Soul Hacker's LE box is sealed in shrinkwrap. I'm assuming the gamecase is y-fold sealed

[quote name='Gamer SDP']When I mean it wasn't sealed, I'm referring to the outer le game box - not the gamecase. I did some googling and found the official unboxing by Atlus. The le gamebox is not sealed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ3AvT0OUcw

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/647680-code-of-princess/64910169

Which games?

Soul Hacker's LE box is sealed in shrinkwrap. I'm assuming the gamecase is y-fold sealed[/QUOTE]

The cardboard outer box of Code of Princess was not shrinkwrapped like Soul Hackers or EO IV were. It did, however, have tape seals on the cardboard box, so it was in fact "sealed". The only recent cardboard outer box game that wasn't sealed in some way that I can think of was the Kirby Collection which struck me as odd because I've seen it at Best Buy on the shelf which is an easy target for shoplifters.

Class of Heroes 2 update...interesting timing from a post standpoint LOL.

Preorders may open next week and we may get a bigger update sooner.

[quote name='nitrosmob']Also both my EO4 and Soul Hackers games didn't have the outer box shrink wrapped. Only the game case inside the outer box was wrapped and it had a sticker on the outside keeping the outer box closed. Bought both from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gamer SDP']When I mean it wasn't sealed, I'm referring to the outer le game box - not the gamecase. I did some googling and found the official unboxing by Atlus. The le gamebox is not sealed.

Soul Hacker's LE box is sealed in shrinkwrap. I'm assuming the gamecase is y-fold sealed[/QUOTE]

My LE EOIV and Soul Hackers both have shrinkwrapped outer boxes. I bought my EOIV from New Egg and Soul Hackers from Amazon.

My LE Code of Princess outer box was not shrinkwrapped, though. It had the circular sticker to keep the box closed. I bought that one from New Egg.

I've seen variations on the outer boxes being sealed for LEs before, though. When I bought my Mass Effect 3 LE from Amazon, the box was not shrinkwrapped, it had the same circular sticker as Code of Princess. But I did see the LE with a shrinkwrapped outer box at Fry's a few weeks later.

I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I got SMT IV in my Amazon Quick Picks so that's something to keep an eye out for if you want to save $2.50.

[quote name='Commodore Wheeler']My LE EOIV and Soul Hackers both have shrinkwrapped outer boxes. I bought my EOIV from New Egg and Soul Hackers from Amazon.

My LE Code of Princess outer box was not shrinkwrapped, though. It had the circular sticker to keep the box closed. I bought that one from New Egg.

I've seen variations on the outer boxes being sealed for LEs before, though. When I bought my Mass Effect 3 LE from Amazon, the box was not shrinkwrapped, it had the same circular sticker as Code of Princess. But I did see the LE with a shrinkwrapped outer box at Fry's a few weeks later.[/QUOTE]

Well all 3 3ds games were published by Atlus so the no shrinkwrap on CoP doesn't seem consistent unless it's a new thing by Atlus as CoP came out first so all future first print LEs will be shrinkwrapped.

[quote name='nitrosmob']
Also both my EO4 and Soul Hackers games didn't have the outer box shrink wrapped. Only the game case inside the outer box was wrapped and it had a sticker on the outside keeping the outer box closed. Bought both from Amazon.

Also is it officialy confirmed that Amazon isn't getting both the SMT 4 limited as well as the PxZ limited? Sometimes Amazon is very lazy to update their pages.....maybe we can email them and see what's up. I have both pre-ordered on Amazon at the moment.[/QUOTE]

So far you're the only one to mention those games to not be shrink wrapped (and they weren't GS gutted). Wonder if others can shed some light.

I'm pretty sure Amazon will have those le versions as well.

[quote name='orcishlad']Aksys is having another sale on their online store.

Save 20% on all items using the code: AKSYSTAXBREAK

Ends on the 30th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked up Ragnarok Tactics. Game seems to be disappearing and was never available in retail Gamestops.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']Well all 3 3ds games were published by Atlus so the no shrinkwrap on CoP doesn't seem consistent unless it's a new thing by Atlus as CoP came out first so all future first print LEs will be shrinkwrapped.

So far you're the only one to mention those games to not be shrink wrapped (and they weren't GS gutted). Wonder if others can shed some light.

I'm pretty sure Amazon will have those le versions as well.[/QUOTE]

I may be wrong haha I don't even remember that well for the Soul Hackers box and I opened it recently haha....terrible I know. Fun game though at least and good package though I wish these games would have real manuals again. This 4 page folding out thing is pretty lame and I've been noticing it quite a bit in recent 3DS release.

[quote name='nitrosmob']I may be wrong haha I don't even remember that well for the Soul Hackers box and I opened it recently haha....terrible I know. Fun game though at least and good package though I wish these games would have real manuals again. This 4 page folding out thing is pretty lame and I've been noticing it quite a bit in recent 3DS release.[/QUOTE]

Not just 3DS... pretty much all games just come with manuals that have just enough for the button layout...

[quote name='wasabi5858']Not just 3DS... pretty much all games just come with manuals that have just enough for the button layout...[/QUOTE]

Vita games don't even include manuals. Anything printed is slowly being phased out as we move to digital. (sigh)

You know what I really miss? And this is stupid, but true. I miss the "Notes" page in the back of manuals. Nobody I know ever used them, but it was always amusing that it was there.

[quote name='morrodox']Vita games don't even include manuals. Anything printed is slowly being phased out as we move to digital. (sigh)

You know what I really miss? And this is stupid, but true. I miss the "Notes" page in the back of manuals. Nobody I know ever used them, but it was always amusing that it was there.[/QUOTE]

It was useful back in the NES days for writing down the codes they used in lieu of saves.

Speaking of Aksys, is Zero Escape better to get for Vita or 3DS? Are they basically the same, and I had heard mention of some save corruption issues in the Vita version?

[quote name='dgwillia006']I thought the save corruption happened on 3DS, thats the one I remember hearing problems for near launch[/QUOTE]

It's more common in the 3DS version and more of a problem since there is only one save slot.

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']It's more common in the 3DS version and more of a problem since there is only one save slot.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it only during a puzzle ? or am I confused with another one? It's easy to just avoid it by saving before or after.

Just don't save in Escape Rooms (the rooms where you have to solve a puzzle). That's what I've been doing.

But I believe it was either the PEC or REC room that had the problems.

[quote name='Pheria']Speaking of Aksys, is Zero Escape better to get for Vita or 3DS? Are they basically the same, and I had heard mention of some save corruption issues in the Vita version?[/QUOTE]

I played over 40 hours on the Vita version and never game across any save corruption issues.

It helps the Vita has 3 save files, where 3DS only has one...

[quote name='Pheria']Speaking of Aksys, is Zero Escape better to get for Vita or 3DS? Are they basically the same, and I had heard mention of some save corruption issues in the Vita version?[/QUOTE]Vita version, end of story. The game looks so beautiful on the OED screen...:drool:

[quote name='Vigilante']Vita version, end of story. The game looks so beautiful on the OED screen...:drool:[/QUOTE]

I agree. It is the 3DS version that has the save corruption bug. Once I found that out, I stopped playing the 3DS version and bought a used Vita copy. I was shocked on how much better it looked and sounded on the Vita. A stylus is also very useful when playing the game. This is the one I got... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064L8Q1E/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ah well, at least next week we'll be able to pre-order the game. I'll be sure to try and jump early on it so I don't lose out heh. Kinda interesting they will email download codes though. Looks like it's time for a bigger PSP memory stick. :p

[quote name='MulderYuffie']http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/showthread.php?3-Class-of-Heroes-2-Update-4-19-2013[/QUOTE]

i can see it now

The one wrinkle to this is the suggestion on the other page to hold the shipment of the physical version until we can put the opening on it, but I'm not sure the majority of fans would want that. We should probably do a poll. However, presales are happening next week, so there's not a lot of time to resolve this suggestion, plus since the download voucher is tied to the manufacturing PO, we may not even be able to split the physical and digital timing of the combo version.

Next week after you pay your cash

o we decided to hold off until we get the opening back so who knows when the game will ship and we dont give a flying fuck cause we already have your cash
37+ shipping for a game on a dead system...... hard sell

[quote name='slidecage']bitch moan complainl[/QUOTE]

just stop

the PSN will have the intro if it gets passed. And you can buy JUST the psn for 24.99

[quote name='orcishlad']Aksys is having another sale on their online store.

Save 20% on all items using the code: AKSYSTAXBREAK

Ends on the 30th.[/QUOTE]

I clicked the link, but didn't see any info on their shipping rates. Anyone know, and I assume there is tax added only if you are a California resident?

There's another reason to get the Vita version of Zero Escape: The Screenshot feature! With that and too much free time on your hands, you too can produce altered pictures such as this:
eEKRTuf.jpg

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so with the 20% off at aksys, what games are best to get now?[/QUOTE]

From the ones I wanted to buy, just Ragnarok Tactics.

Even with the shipping, it came out to $21 for me. That's more or less what it's going for from Amazon, from 1 - 2 sellers, with the rest having it for more.

For those curious, the other games I didn't own yet were Jikandia and Hukuoki.

Amazon totally kicked the crap out of the pricing for Jikandia (I didn't read good things about this game, but I don't give a fuck).

The Hakuoki at the Aksys store is the Standard (even though the pic says Limited Ed. >

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back