Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jedi_Amara']Could anyone from the Kickstarter help me get a copy of the KS version of Class of Heroes? Please PM me if you can help :) (it got the cover art I really wanted!)[/QUOTE]

Did they even show which cover art the KS version gets?

Strange Journey would probably be considered a gaiden/side-story. (It actually was considered SMT4 in development, but they changed their minds due to certain factors like it not taking place in Japan.) It's still a Shin Megami Tensei title, not a completely unconnected spin-off.

Although of course you have cases like SMT if..., which is an SMT title but also the precursor to Persona.

I'd love to get in on a KS version for Class of Heroes 2 as well, I ordered the regular already but would love a chance to add both to my collection. I'm a bit of a noob here but if anyone would be willing to help I'd greatly appreciate it!

[quote name='Vigilante']^Thanks for the update; now I need to decide if it's worth getting when I already have a Vault case and Persona Vita skin. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I actually had pretty much the best preordering experience ever today at Gamestop, the guy didn't ask me if I wanted to preorder the new COD game xD

Its in their system as Muramasa Rebirth CE.

Did the P4G skin actually go on your Vita correctly? I got one from preordering, but that thing was a dust magnet before I could put it on xD

[quote name='MulderYuffie']We've reached a little over 1,700 copies for Class of Heroes 2! :)[/QUOTE]

Is it too late pre-order or was that just for the bonuses with the kickstarter? I get so confused with so many limited releases these days via kickstarter, homebrew, indie development, etc.

[quote name='Echoes']I actually had pretty much the best preordering experience ever today at Gamestop, the guy didn't ask me if I wanted to preorder the new COD game xD

Its in their system as Muramasa Rebirth CE.

Did the P4G skin actually go on your Vita correctly? I got one from preordering, but that thing was a dust magnet before I could put it on xD[/QUOTE]...I actually haven't put it on yet. It's been sitting in its plastic slip since the day I got P4G from Newegg. :oops:

If anyone needs help in acquiring the Kickstarter version of Class of Heroes 2 PSP. PM me.

DEADLINE IS MAY 8TH---THIS WEDNESDAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='storino03']If anyone needs help in acquiring the Kickstarter version of Class of Heroes 2 PSP. PM me.[/QUOTE]

pm sent

Does anyone know if/when the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition Golden familiars dlc code expires? I don't see anything on the slip.

Amazon is offering an artbook with all Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix preorders.
I have a feeling this is not a hardcover since they do not specify.

Product shot:
KingdomHeartRemix1.5_LE._V385509870_.jpg

[quote name='blinknot4']Amazon is offering an artbook with all Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix preorders.
[/QUOTE]

Any idea if this will automatically be applied to an order I placed a couple of months ago?

[quote name='GDB']Any idea if this will automatically be applied to an order I placed a couple of months ago?[/QUOTE]

I would redo it and save yourself a headache.

I am glad Amazon has the artbook. Saves me the hassle of going to another retailer since I already had it preordered. This is one of those games I probably would get yelled at for not getting the artbook (my GF is a huge Disney fan) :lol:.

[quote name='Slermy']I have NEVER had to replace an order to receive a pre-order bonus that was added after ordering.[/QUOTE]

Did you order Virtue's Last Reward from amazon before they added the free watch? They screwed hundreds of people over for that.

[quote name='Slermy']I have NEVER had to replace an order to receive a pre-order bonus that was added after ordering.[/QUOTE]
I have, as recently as Bioshock Infinite. I think Amazon used to be better at this in the past than they are now.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Did you order Virtue's Last Reward from amazon before they added the free watch? They screwed hundreds of people over for that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='simmias']I have, as recently as Bioshock Infinite. I think Amazon used to be better at this in the past than they are now.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I did not pre-order either of these. Disappointing Amazon has dropped the ball then. :(

Yeah, so you guys remember my issue with my HDNV LE (fingerprints, paint chipping on the lunchbox under the undamaged shrinkwrap)?

Well, it's been well over a month since I contacted NISA and after a few "we're working on it" messages, they basically stopped responding to my messages. Also, I know I'm not the only CAG to have issues. There's a another CAG (who'll go nameless unless he decides to state his case here) who's kept in touch with me because he's also been waiting for them to say/do something about his damaged copy.

I won't pretend like I was completely rational (I got really pissed off after they kept biding for time) but for a company to say they'll replace something and then not do it and ignore following up on it, is pretty shitty CS if you ask me.

[quote name='blinknot4']Amazon is offering an artbook with all Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix preorders.

[/QUOTE]

It's more of a booklet than an artbook, only 20-something pages. Definitely won't be hardcover.

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, so you guys remember my issue with my HDNV LE (fingerprints, paint chipping on the lunchbox under the undamaged shrinkwrap)?

Well, it's been well over a month since I contacted NISA and after a few "we're working on it" messages, they basically stopped responding to my messages. Also, I know I'm not the only CAG to have issues. There's a another CAG (who'll go nameless unless he decides to state his case here) who's kept in touch with me because he's also been waiting for them to say/do something about his damaged copy.

I won't pretend like I was completely rational (I got really pissed off after they kept biding for time) but for a company to say they'll replace something and then not do it and ignore following up on it, is pretty shitty CS if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I was also a victim of this malfunction. I did finally get to someone, but it was via phone. Email did not go very far. It seems that this is a known defect as when I called, they knew about the paint chipping on the bottom of the lunchbox when I only mentioned finger prints. I will say that the online support was very poor, but once I reached someone on the phone, it was workable. I just sent mine back but nothing beyond that.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how widespread is that Victory lunchbox defect? Haven't opened my two copies but if several CAGs have got it I might as well open mine.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even opened the box mine arrived in, lol.

My copy of HDNV also came in with scratches on the lunchbox. I have seen this issue posted on CAG a few times now, so it looks like a good amount of people also have this issue :(

[quote name='elessar123']I haven't even opened the box mine arrived in, lol.[/QUOTE]

same ;). I did open the shipping boxes for some other NISA games and put them away. Maybe with the new consoles coming out I'll get to my last gen backlog lol

Mine came with the defect, I shot them an email, they replied asking me if I wanted my name on a list for replacement tins (free of charge, and you keep the defected tins), I said yes please, and I never heard back/got any replacement tins.

They said they are mailed out in May, though.

[quote name='outerfox']http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/09/dragons-crowns-box-art-and-art-book-revealed

Pre-ordering Dragon's Crown will net you a 64 page artbook. I don't know exactly where you pre-order to get it, although I'm hoping it's a bonus for first-run copies. I have mine pre-ordered from Newegg last year when they had a lot of those $12 off promos.[/QUOTE]Wow, 64 pages...that makes the 12-page artbook with Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix look pathetic (at least in terms of size), and based on the wording, you should get the artbook no matter which version you preorder.

I just might preorder the Vita version at Gamestop to ensure I get the artbook. Thanks for the link. :)

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, so you guys remember my issue with my HDNV LE (fingerprints, paint chipping on the lunchbox under the undamaged shrinkwrap)?

I won't pretend like I was completely rational (I got really pissed off after they kept biding for time) but for a company to say they'll replace something and then not do it and ignore following up on it, is pretty shitty CS if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

That's really crappy customer service, especially since they are dealing in a niche market. Good way to alienate your already limited fanbase.

Yep, check your boxes. If you aren't on that replacement list, you might be out of luck soon. Service was iffy enough as is. Also, I was told July was when the replacement tins come, not May...

[quote name='lutz']Yep, check your boxes. If you aren't on that replacement list, you might be out of luck soon. Service was iffy enough as is. Also, I was told July was when the replacement tins come, not May...[/QUOTE]
I guess I should check the ones I have on my shelf for any wear. Is it just around the outside of the outer lunchbox?

I'm getting Dragon's Crown too, on release. I hope it has a matchmaking system. I don't play my PS3 much for MP, so I don't know anyone else getting it :|

[quote name='Jrittmayer']Well shoot, I'm guessing Xillia CE isn't coming to anyone buy Gamestop and so I've effectively missed my chance?[/QUOTE]
It was up for preorder at Amazon for a couple of days, but it's been unavailable since. There's a good chance it'll pop back up there for preorder closer to the release date due to people's credit cards/payment methods not going through and orders being cancelled as a result of that (it's happened before with other limited CEs).

[quote name='shivan128']I guess I should check the ones I have on my shelf for any wear. Is it just around the outside of the outer lunchbox?[/QUOTE]

I didn't opened mine to know if there's any damage inside. It's already off to NISA though.

What are chances of Tales of Grace F getting cheaper? I've been watching the price of it in Amazon for the last month and it has moved from $38. Anyone seen it on sale before? I'd like to get it from Amazon as I have credit there.

[quote name='ItsKayJayBee']What are chances of Tales of Grace F getting cheaper? I've been watching the price of it in Amazon for the last month and it has moved from $38. Anyone seen it on sale before? I'd like to get it from Amazon as I have credit there.[/QUOTE]

It's a toss up. It may go up or down because of Xillia.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll just keep an eye on it I guess, I have credit at Amazon to spend but I've got other stuff to play at the moment. Don't want to buy it and watch it go down before I play it. Then again I don't want to wait and see a big price increase. Choices choices :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back