Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Polygon is reporting that Tales of Symphonia is being re-released in HD on PS3 as the Perfect Edition and will include the Wii-exclusive sequel.
No idea if this is coming to the US yet - but, damn, I sure hope it does. I will re-post if it pops up anywhere for preorder...

[quote name='blinknot4']Polygon is reporting that Tales of Symphonia is being re-released in HD on PS3 as the Perfect Edition and will include the Wii-exclusive sequel.
No idea if this is coming to the US yet - but, damn, I sure hope it does. I will re-post if it pops up anywhere for preorder...[/QUOTE]
Good stuff... I may actually have to double dip on this one should it come to the states. This game is way too good. It's also much less expensive than trying to obtain a component cable for the gamecube.

[quote name='shivan128']Good stuff... I may actually have to double dip on this one should it come to the states. This game is way too good. It's also much less expensive than trying to obtain a component cable for the gamecube.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you just play the game on a Wii (with component cables)? I did a few years back and it still looked great.

[quote name='blinknot4']Polygon is reporting that Tales of Symphonia is being re-released in HD on PS3 as the Perfect Edition and will include the Wii-exclusive sequel.
No idea if this is coming to the US yet - but, damn, I sure hope it does. I will re-post if it pops up anywhere for preorder...[/QUOTE]

I hope this is true and it comes over. It's still my favorite in the series and I'd love to see the added content. I couldn't care less for Dawn of the New World though... that game was pretty sucky.

Now, if only Sega would release Skies in HD, I'd be one happy RPGer. They won't but I'm sure we'll get 38 crappy Sonic games this year.

[quote name='Xiemos']Why didn't you just play the game on a Wii (with component cables)? I did a few years back and it still looked great.[/QUOTE]
I've played the originals on their native respective consoles, but I'd be interested in seeing if there were anything else included with the sony HD collection. I'd also rather have everything nested in my sony basket. :D

Do any of you think the Atelier games will go up in price anytime soon (not the newest PS3 one but the other three)? I need to grab them at some point but I am deciding if I should wait or not.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do any of you think the Atelier games will go up in price anytime soon (not the newest PS3 one but the other three)? I need to grab them at some point but I am deciding if I should wait or not.[/QUOTE]

The regular editions shouldn't go up anytime soon but some of the premium NISA only editions might

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Do any of you think the Atelier games will go up in price anytime soon (not the newest PS3 one but the other three)? I need to grab them at some point but I am deciding if I should wait or not.[/QUOTE]
I say shop around for the cheapest price. All 3 Arland games has been cheap on different sites. PlayAsia had a deal recently for all 3 under $20 each. You can check and see if Gamestop still have any used that's in your area.

[quote name='blinknot4']Quick update on Project X Zone... Amazon has updated its product page to 'Limited Edition', thereby confirming news all first run copies will come as LE's regardless of where you buy it. (No product shot yet on Amazon.)

Here is the product shot from Gamestop:
170684_LELG.jpg
[/QUOTE]

#selfquoteftw

Quick mini update: Amazon has added Release Date Shipping with a confirmed date of June 25. Very excited for this game...

Hoping Symphonia HD does make it here, and that it gets a physical release.

[quote name='Vinny']I couldn't care less for Dawn of the New World though... that game was pretty sucky. [/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd rate it as the worst Tales game I've played. Symphonia is still my favorite Tales, so having Dawn as a sequel made it hurt even worse. I was disappointed that the original cast didn't play a more prominent role until hours in, and I absolutely hated Emil. Maybe his Japanese voice is less annoying, and maybe the HD remake will include it as an option.

Do want! :D

I never could get into the Tales games in previous gens. I even played a bit of Symphonia but it didn't click with me for whatever reason. But this gen I've become a complete Tales convert and I'd love to go back and give Symphonia another crack, but I'd much rather grab an HD remake for a reasonable price than to pay a premium for the GC version & then have to move the Wii back out into the den.

[quote name='blinknot4']#selfquoteftw

Quick mini update: Amazon has added Release Date Shipping with a confirmed date of June 25. Very excited for this game...[/QUOTE]

Is NewEgg doing any pre-order promotion for it? How I pre-ordered SMT IV so be happy to do Project X Zone as well through them.

[quote name='ck76']Is NewEgg doing any pre-order promotion for it? How I pre-ordered SMT IV so be happy to do Project X Zone as well through them.[/QUOTE]

There's another thread on it on the first page.... $6 off with code EMCXRWP236 until 5/22

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']There's another thread on it on the first page.... $6 off with code EMCXRWP236 until 5/22[/QUOTE]

Thank you PrinnyOtaku! :applause:

Thanks for the Atelier tip guys. I had Rorona but I picked up Totori for $20 at GameStop. What's sad is the case for the new copy was more beat up than the used copy. :roll: I bought the used copy.

[quote name='morrodox']Hoping Symphonia HD does make it here, and that it gets a physical release.

Yeah I'd rate it as the worst Tales game I've played. Symphonia is still my favorite Tales, so having Dawn as a sequel made it hurt even worse. I was disappointed that the original cast didn't play a more prominent role until hours in, and I absolutely hated Emil. Maybe his Japanese voice is less annoying, and maybe the HD remake will include it as an option.[/QUOTE]

Didn't that just piss you off? We get an unexpected sequel and it sucks?

Like you, I loved Symphonia so I really want to see a HD release even if it's just for the original (plus, I think it gets the extras from the Japanese only PS2 version).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Thanks for the Atelier tip guys. I had Rorona but I picked up Totori for $20 at GameStop. What's sad is the case for the new copy was more beat up than the used copy. :roll: I bought the used copy.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's a single standard edition NISA game that's rare/expensive... is there?

Depends on your definition of rare/expensive. If you mean well beyond original MSRP like Xenoblade or Earthbound, then no. I think the closest to that is Z.H.P. unlosing ranger... and even then, it's not that much over MSRP.

Am I the only one that things Symphonia 2 was alright? Anybody care to enlighten me why it was so bad (besides the need for some overworld exploration, have original cast join earlier without a lame lv50 cap, and less focus on monster raising).

[quote name='Vinny']

I don't think there's a single standard edition NISA game that's rare/expensive... is there?[/QUOTE]

Not really worried about collecting. Its more of a I just wanna find them before they either go out of print or become supper hard to find.

[quote name='Vinny']
I don't think there's a single standard edition NISA game that's rare/expensive... is there?[/QUOTE]

Its not that expensive, but ZHP is the main thing that comes to mind for me. It was $20 on NIS' website forreeeever after the release, then out of nowhere they sell all their copies and it went up to the $60 range

fuck I want all the Atelier and Hyperdimension games. I just don't wanna pay full price for them.

I have a bunch of classic PS2 RPGs, these would be sweet to have as well.

[quote name='lutz']
Am I the only one that things Symphonia 2 was alright? Anybody care to enlighten me why it was so bad (besides the need for some overworld exploration, have original cast join earlier without a lame lv50 cap, and less focus on monster raising).[/QUOTE]

Beyond what you mentioned, the original ToS had most of the typical stuff that made JRPGs enjoyable: a cast of varied protagonists, a fun battle system, and a pretty normal save the world story with a few twists thrown in.

Dawn of the New World had a whiny bitch and an annoying bitch for protagonists, a sketchy monster raising system that made battles irritating unless you had the right familiars, and the whole Symphonia characters/story tie-in felt pretty much tacked on.

I guess being a big fan of the original, it just felt disappointing. I've got nothing against companies trying to milk games with fan service but in Dawn of the New World, everything felt like an afterthought.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Not really worried about collecting. Its more of a I just wanna find them before they either go out of print or become supper hard to find.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything about collecting... I just asked if there were any standard NISA games (ie, as in non-collectors editions) that were rare/expensive as a way to gauge if the NISA games will spike or not... sounds like you'll be safe though.

Ugh, I have SOOO many things already on pre-order online. Still not sure on this game, the premise looked good, but I hear it was implemented badly.

Guess I'll watch and see how fast it goes, if it goes under 50% fast I guess I'll order

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Is this NISA store exclusive?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it is, as I believe most NIS LEs are. But I could be wrong on that. :p

Was the shipping always this expensive....I would pass but I have coupon codes....kind of expensive overall for the NISA LE.

Edit: Shipping was free before...sigh that sucks!

[quote name='nitrosmob']Was the shipping always this expensive....I would pass but I have coupon codes....kind of expensive overall for the NISA LE.

Edit: Shipping was free before...sigh that sucks![/QUOTE]

It's still free. You have to switch it to the free shipping just before the final checkout screen. Something is screwy with their web form on this one as in the shipping select screen USPS is not an option.

Preordered! I dunno what I"m going to do. I have a few other games preordered, mainly 3DS RPGs releasing this summer!

Came to $59.99 with a $5 coupon I had.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Ugh, I have SOOO many things already on pre-order online. Still not sure on this game, the premise looked good, but I hear it was implemented badly.

Guess I'll watch and see how fast it goes, if it goes under 50% fast I guess I'll order[/QUOTE]

yeah wondering if it'll bomb like Mugen Souls

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am wondering how the Nisstore works, does it charge now or when it ships? Really should have a master thread of website's charging policies...[/QUOTE]

They typically charge your card the week before the game release date.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am wondering how the Nisstore works, does it charge now or when it ships? Really should have a master thread of website's charging policies...[/QUOTE]

They do the charge when the items ships, but they also do a preauthorization which will show up on your credit card/Paypal statements when you place your order.

[quote name='storino03']Preordered! I dunno what I"m going to do. I have a few other games preordered, mainly 3DS RPGs releasing this summer!

Came to $59.99 with a $5 coupon I had.[/QUOTE]

How did you get a Nisa coupon, previous orders? Couldn't find any codes out there.

[quote name='Vaco6121']They do the charge when the items ships, but they also do a preauthorization which will show up on your credit card/Paypal statements when you place your order.[/QUOTE]

Oh well this makes it tempting. For about how long does the pre authorization last for?

[quote name='StryderOmega']Oh well this makes it tempting. For about how long does the pre authorization last for?[/QUOTE]

6-10 business days according to the site.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']How did you get a Nisa coupon, previous orders? Couldn't find any codes out there.[/QUOTE]

When you buy more things, you earn points that show up at the top right corner of the page. 500 points get you a $5 off coupon. Since I order every NISA LE that pops up on their site, I get those coupons pretty much for every second purchase! Pays off the taxes for me, basically.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Oh well this makes it tempting. For about how long does the pre authorization last for?[/QUOTE]

In my experience with the NIS store the preauthorization lasts, at max, three days if I use my credit card, but it will depend on the company that you have your card with. With Paypal the preauthorization seems to last until the actual charge goes through.

Lasted like 3 days for me when I did Neptunia V. Then I got charged like a day before it shipped. (The game got delayed a week for everyone, so people were getting charged over the span of the week)

Well, even though I still have doubts about my enjoyment of the game, I scooped it up. I think the soundtrack was one of the driving forces why I kept it on my radar, personally (DAT BATTLE TRACK)... that and the voice acting. LE looks nice though. Maybe it'll sit nicely on the shelf next to my copy of Mugen Souls lol

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I was hoping so hard for the LE of Time and Eternity to make it here! That set is beautiful.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I preordered as soon as I got the e-mail. :D

Yep I've been waiting for them to announce a LE for Time and Eternity. Glad that NIS was able to secure the limited edition for us instead of it only being exclusive to Japan before. Despite the mixed reviews for the game, I think I will still enjoy it. It helps that the LE comes with some pretty nice goodies though. I like that NIS releases are priced fairly and don't charge an arm and a leg for a LE. Heck, Hyperdimension Neptunia was the same price and it came with some good stuff too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back