Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure this is one of the best places to ask, how is Mugen Souls? The reviews don't seem good but I don't go by reviews on these types of games. How is the Collectors Edition of the game if anyone has it?

CrimsonTribe, on 09 Sept 2013 - 8:52 PM, said: Resonance of Fate
$19.99 shipped from gohastings : http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Resonance-of-Fate/sku/278926284.uts$19.99 + shipping from gohastings on amazon (maybe you want to use credit) - http://www.amazon.com/Resonance-Fate-Playstation-3/dp/B002BRYHY0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378776726&sr=8-1&keywords=resonance+of+fate
This probably isn't the cheapest ever, but it seems like a good deal.
Saw that. I'm still holding out for a while longer to see if it drops more in price.

speakin of did we receive a steam date yet?
Back up a second, that is getting a Steam Release? Which JRPG's are going to Steam? Need to prepare my wallet for this...

:360: Resonance of Fate

$19.99 shipped from gohastings : http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Resonance-of-Fate/sku/278926284.uts

$19.99 + shipping from gohastings on amazon (maybe you want to use credit) - http://www.amazon.com/Resonance-Fate-Playstation-3/dp/B002BRYHY0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378776726&sr=8-1&keywords=resonance+of+fate

This probably isn't the cheapest ever, but it seems like a good deal.
I got my copy for $20 plus the 10% PUR discount used at GS.

For those of you who haven't played it, Tales of Vesperia is half off on-demand right now on xbox live.  Down to $15 from $30 in the US but the pricing might be different in other regions.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Tales-of-Vesperia/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024e4d07e9

I understand it's not a physical copy, but for those that just want to play through it, it's easily one of my favorite rpg's of this generation and one of my favorite games of ANY generation.

SpidrMnky, on 09 Sept 2013 - 8:47 PM, said:I'm sure this is one of the best places to ask, how is Mugen Souls? The reviews don't seem good but I don't go by reviews on these types of games. How is the Collectors Edition of the game if anyone has it?

Saw that. I'm still holding out for a while longer to see if it drops more in price.
I bought the CE used(like new) for $50 on ebay a while back and I was pleased with it even though I never actually played the game, the cool dude even included the figures though he didn't mention them, that made my day.

I didn't have any regrets in spending $60ish for the whole kit-n-kaboodle. Like you said, I heard the game was terrible and I have yet to confirm.

Back up a second, that is getting a Steam Release? Which JRPG's are going to Steam? Need to prepare my wallet for this...

I got my copy for $20 plus the 10% PUR discount used at GS.
yea it was greenlit early in year went into beta and as of now no release date but expectin early 2014

I'm sure this is one of the best places to ask, how is Mugen Souls? The reviews don't seem good but I don't go by reviews on these types of games. How is the Collectors Edition of the game if anyone has it?
I bought the collector's edition of Mugen Souls when it first came out and regretted it. The set itself is decent enough (if you like NIS' other sets, you'll like this), but the game is an imbalanced, convoluted mess of garbage. I made it to the second world before I gave up in disgust.

Has anyone heard of any upcoming sales on PSP RPG's by either XSeed or Square Enix? Reason I ask is I have sold almost all of my PSP RPG's on Amazon that have digital PSN versions available and with a couple of other sales to help pad it, I am looking to drop over $100 on PSP games on PSN probably the first week of August to have them available on Vita.

This is the list:
Currently $20
FF IV Complete
Dissidia 012
Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Currently $15
Ys Seven
Ys Oath in Felgana
Lunar

Currently $10
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Thanks in advance.

Is Atelier Ayesha any good? never played any of the Atelier games
I would like to know this as well. I picked up the 3 Atelier Iris PS2 games at a yard sale today for $15 total, so now I have the irrational desire to get the ones for the PS3 as well. :p

I'm also still mulling over that collector's edition for Guided Fate. Thoughts? Do all of their CEs usually sell out or do some less popular ones end up going down in price? Anyone think that set is worth the money? I love a good Rogue-like, which is why the game has my eye - but it's also releasing a week & a half before the PS4...

Thinking about cancelling my Disgaea D2 LE + Guide and Guided Fate LE pre-orders... Should I?

I am pretty bogged down as it is when it comes to the games I have, and free time. As of right now, I am thinking FFXIV is going to hold me over well into the release of PS4 and beyond. 

I would like to know this as well. I picked up the 3 Atelier Iris PS2 games at a yard sale today for $15 total, so now I have the irrational desire to get the ones for the PS3 as well. :p

I'm also still mulling over that collector's edition for Guided Fate. Thoughts? Do all of their CEs usually sell out or do some less popular ones end up going down in price? Anyone think that set is worth the money? I love a good Rogue-like, which is why the game has my eye - but it's also releasing a week & a half before the PS4...
The CE's typically sell out in relation to how good the items are and popular the game is. Sometimes they last longer (like D4 was in stock for ages), where as others (T&E) sold out by release. I don't recall these CE's ever dropping in price and several of those editions went on to be worth at least as much as they originally cost.

Thinking about cancelling my Disgaea D2 LE + Guide and Guided Fate LE pre-orders... Should I?

I am pretty bogged down as it is when it comes to the games I have, and free time. As of right now, I am thinking FFXIV is going to hold me over well into the release of PS4 and beyond.
Unless you want the CE items, I would. No point in getting something that you won't mess with, though you do run the chance of the game never dropping in price / running out of stock.

Unless you want the CE items, I would. No point in getting something that you won't mess with, though you do run the chance of the game never dropping in price / running out of stock.
Yeah - I am a pretty big Disgaea fan, which why I originally jumped on it, but realizing if I will actually have the time to enjoy it is another thing.

With NISA games/anime when you're looking at CEs, they will rarely drop the price. Mugen Souls will likely be an exception, because that game was a complete bomb for them (whoda guessed censorship would piss off the enthusiast market?).

So it's pretty easy to decide whether you want the CE. Just look at what they're selling it for and decide if that's what you want to pay for it. If not, then don't. If yes, then do, because it's not going to get cheaper and will instead likely go to someone else who does want it.

The regular editions of their games will drop in price, though. A $30 price point is almost guaranteed, and $20 isn't terribly uncommon.

Atelier Iris feels a lot different than the PS3 Atelier games. The Iris trilogy play more like traditional JRPG's whereas the others have a heavy focus on alchemy and item construction. I played Ayesha and it was pretty good, but you have to be okay with an in-game time limit and fetch quests.

Yeah, I personally liked the Iris trilogy more than the PS3 games. I've always used a guide for the PS3 ones for the sole purpose of getting the platinum in one playthrough. Experimenting and wandering around really makes you waste more time than it should due to the deadlines.

Just got an email saying something about there being a delay on some Disgaea D2 orders, but if you received the email it said you were in the unaffected batch. Also says billing starts October 1st and to expect either a tracking number or the game itself by the release date.

Really hope this is one of the games NIS ships out early. Also not sure if its been posted, but the guide comes with Raspberyl as a DLC character.

Just got an email saying something about there being a delay on some Disgaea D2 orders, but if you received the email it said you were in the unaffected batch. Also says billing starts October 1st and to expect either a tracking number or the game itself by the release date.

Really hope this is one of the games NIS ships out early. Also not sure if its been posted, but the guide comes with Raspberyl as a DLC character.
it's a nis release with a CE most likely it will be shipped out 1-2 weeks after the current set release date... though in the past disgaea games have at the very least been mostly on track lol.

I've had some CEs get to me the day before the release dateand others on the Friday after. They seem optimistic some people will have the game by release.

sonic___persona_3_by_mcgenio-d3abx49.png

I'm not sure if this is the area to ask this question?  Does anyone know if they will ever ship out the physical psp copy of Class of Heroes? 

Wow. That is exactly what I hoped would happen but never thought it would. Hopefully now with Atlus' strong JRPG franchises, Sega could bolster their own well-received but dormant series, of which there are many: Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Valkyria Chronicles, Skies of Arcadia, etc.

This is actually kind of similar to when Sega acquired Relic. They already had the Total War series from Creative Assembly and now dominate the RTS space, which is admittedly niche but then again so are JRPGs. I'm definitely excited to see what they'll do. Sega actually releases a lot of their titles via digital distribution, which I think would be great for Atlus fans.

Wow. That is exactly what I hoped would happen but never thought it would. Hopefully now with Atlus' strong JRPG franchises, Sega could bolster their own well-received but dormant series, of which there are many: Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Valkyria Chronicles, Skies of Arcadia, etc.

This is actually kind of similar to when Sega acquired Relic. They already had the Total War series from Creative Assembly and now dominate the RTS space, which is admittedly niche but then again so are JRPGs. I'm definitely excited to see what they'll do. Sega actually releases a lot of their titles via digital distribution, which I think would be great for Atlus fans.
The fear here is what will happen to Atlus USA. There is no need for Sega to have 2 USA operation. One of the article said Sega will be asking Atlus to make mobile phone games.

other devs they bought like creative assembly seem to be doing fine
It won't affect Atlus Japan that much but for us it is another matter. Sega did not have a good record when it comes to localize games. It also doesn't help Atlus USA when Sega USA is bigger and shipped more titles.

Sega can't even bring VC3 over and well, pulled the series away from consoles as well.

I don't really like what holds in store for the future :/

You got a HELL of a deal on the 3 Atelier Iris games for $15. Even if the 2nd game was a horrible translation failure all around.

You got a HELL of a deal on the 3 Atelier Iris games for $15. Even if the 2nd game was a horrible translation failure all around.
Oh I know - when I saw the 3 bundled for $15 I briefly tried to remember which one or ones I was missing (I knew I had at least one already). Then I thought "who cares, even if I'm only missing the 3rd one it's well worth $15." :) Turns out I only had the first one already, and it looks like I can probably sell that copy & recover the $15 I spent.

Let's try to think of this in reverse. Not what Sega can/will do for/to Atlus, but maybe Atlus will convince Sega to bring over the current Phantasy Star or other titles like VC3.

SEGA of Japan has been publishing Atlus games there for well over a year, and now people are worrying about the Atlus acquisation by SEGA?

I expect many wonderful things to come :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back