Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. It looks hideous and I doubt anyone will buy it, so I'll pick it up when it hits $20.

When my Xillia CE came beat up in the mail from GS they sent me a new one free of charge, and they didn't even ask me to return the first one.
I bought a copy of Sakura Wars from gamestop online that was missing a disc. They just sent me a new copy and I didn't have to return the old one. People give gamestop a lot of shit but they aren't all bad. Plus getting older harder to find ps2 games from them has been a god send

edit:

Has anyone heard anything about a game called AquaPazza? Apparently it's only going to be $29.99

Also there's a game called The Guided Fate Paradox coming. It looks like a srpg. I literally just found out about these games just browsing Amazon. No wonder niche games don't sell that well.

Was anyone able to pick up the new Hakuoki LE at Gamestop yet?  It's in stock at GS online and on Amazon, but my local store where I have a preorder has no idea when it will be in.  

Has anyone heard anything about a game called AquaPazza? Apparently it's only going to be $29.99
AquaPazza was announced around Late July or Early August. It's a Fighting Game that includes Characters from series such as Utawarerumono, Tears to Tiara, and To Heart. I'm glad it's getting localized, saves me the trouble of importing it.

Pretty sure The Guided Fate Paradox was one of the three games NIS America announced earlier this year.

I just went to preorder Disgaea D2 tonight from Amazon, and it's saying that it's not going to have release day delivery.

Edit: Never mind, it's just that I had a PO Box as my delivery address.

If anything, Sei Mado/Sorcery Saga's JP LE was sensible and had a Soundtrack/Artbook/DLC voucher, pretty much the usual, but yeah, I'm weirding out on its US/NA LE which is pretty much Kitchen Utensils, so yeah...>_>

(If anything is more weird than that, don't forget Catherine's LE in the US/NA, lol. :3)

If anything, Sei Mado/Sorcery Saga's JP LE was sensible and had a Soudtrack/Artbook/DLC voucher, pretty much the usual, but yeah, I'm weirding out on its US/NA LE which is pretty much Kitchen Utensils, so yeah...>_>

(If anything is more weird than that, don't forget Catherine's LE in the US/NA, lol. :3)
The Japanese Catherine LE had a mini pillow xD

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F is sold out at amazon.  If you didn't get it you probably miss your chance at getting it at MRSP.

if you go to their product page and click on learn more on free shipping, you would learn that shoprunner is newegg's version of prime with free trial. 

the 10% off code is not worthless, it negates the shipping if you choose not to sign up for shoprunner...

I saw a couple at Fry's when I was there a couple days ago. Also is available for shipping on their website.
Yeah, Fry's still has numerous copies available. I hate having to pick up games at full msrp (except for Xenoblade Chronicles), but looks like I will have to secure one to be safe.

That's extrememly disappointing about Steins;Gate as I was waiting until the sales overlapped today (in case there was something I wanted from the new sale).  i'm not sure that I want it for $48.

Thanks for the heads up on Miku! Been on my Amazon watch list for some time, but had other things to get around that time and hoped for a sale. Looks like my local Gamestops are out of it too! My local Fry's seem to be good so I will check it out tomorrow (and hopefully they will have it in, unlike Ayesha...) This may be the smallest print for a niche PS3 game yet!

Thanks for the heads up on Miku! Been on my Amazon watch list for some time, but had other things to get around that time and hoped for a sale. Looks like my local Gamestops are out of it too! My local Fry's seem to be good so I will check it out tomorrow (and hopefully they will have it in, unlike Ayesha...) This may be the smallest print for a niche PS3 game yet!
Amazon still has 999+ copies of Ayesha at approximately $40 so still holding out on that one (my Fry's has it for $50)

Wow, didnt expect there to only be one print. In retrospect I kind of wish I had gotten it, but whatever. It'll always be available digitally
What makes you think there's only going to be one print? Did Sega say so?

I was hoping to snag the game for a bit less but if it's only going to get one print, I guess I'll have to find a MSRP copy from GS, since they still have a new (actual new, not gutted) copy left.

Wow, Miku OOS at NewEgg too.  o_O  I was also waiting for a deal / drop, but never saw one.

Gonna hit up Gamestop later.  Still in stock around me in a bunch of stores, though most low stock (likely gutted - bastards)

About PDF going out of print. RubyEclipse - A Sega America Rep said the following.

"My personal guess is that the physical copies will become rarer and rarer over the next couple months, as demand for those was high. It's still early in the launch window though, so we'll see what the next week or two bring. (My guess is that it will probably sell out before you see any price drops.)"

My guess is there isn't going to be a reprint.

Ugh, closest store with Project Diva is like 25 miles away. Might consider grabbing it next week if its closer to my campus, still no idea how to get around this area.

About PDF going out of print. RubyEclipse - A Sega America Rep said the following.

"My personal guess is that the physical copies will become rarer and rarer over the next couple months, as demand for those was high. It's still early in the launch window though, so we'll see what the next week or two bring. (My guess is that it will probably sell out before you see any price drops.)"

My guess is there isn't going to be a reprint.
I read that as an indication that a reprint is somewhat likely. Whenever a game is largely sold out at the retail level less than a month after release, a publisher knows they are losing money by not having additional copies out there. If this was 6 months or a year post-release, they would probably be content to let it go (based on Sega's past history with some niche games) and stick with digital only, but they can clearly see that demand was higher than anticipated.

Amazon still has 999+ copies of Ayesha at approximately $40 so still holding out on that one (my Fry's has it for $50)
Yeah I'm not worried on Ayesha being rare, just kicking myself for not jumping on the deal. Hoping to see it around that price again at some point.

As for PDF, it is Sega and I just... don't want to take a chance with it. Just in case they decided to sell through their stock and not take a chance at a reprint.

I read that as an indication that a reprint is somewhat likely. Whenever a game is largely sold out at the retail level less than a month after release, a publisher knows they are losing money by not having additional copies out there. If this was 6 months or a year post-release, they would probably be content to let it go (based on Sega's past history with some niche games) and stick with digital only, but they can clearly see that demand was higher than anticipated.
That's what I would think. For a game that's been available for only one month, what company foregoes potential profits when initial demand exceeds expectations? There is higher than anticipated demand for physical copies when the game has been available digitally at the exact same price.

That's what I would think. For a game that's been available for only one month, what company foregoes potential profits when initial demand exceeds expectations? There is higher than anticipated demand for physical copies when the game has been available digitally at the exact same price.
I don't know, Sega never reprinted Infinite Space.

100% agree. I'm nearing the Platinum trophy and I've apparently been playing for ~28 hours so far. :shock: It certainly doesn't feel like it's been that long, but I can't stop playing... :joystick:
Is it as hard as the demo?

Is it as hard as the demo?
It depends on what you found hard in the demo--I had a somewhat rough time at first, but now I'm at the point where I can get Excellent on every song ( and Perfect on several) in Hard mode (but don't ask me about Extreme :bomb:) and I can't play a song on any other difficulty if I want to have fun.

It really depends on your sense of rhythm and level of patience; even if you're not very musically-inclined, you can get pretty good with practice, which you'll definitely need to do.

Regardless of the difficulty, though, it's really dang fun. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back