Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it as hard as the demo?
There are a bunch of easy songs that help you get used to the system, before you know it you will be playing songs you love on the hardest settings.

Weekender Girl!!!!

Edit: The songs are so catchy you find yourself playing it to just hear the songs, and you get better as a result.

There are a bunch of easy songs that help you get used to the system, before you know it you will be playing songs you love on the hardest settings.

Weekender Girl!!!!

Edit: The songs are so catchy you find yourself playing it to just hear the songs, and you get better as a result.
I still watch the youtube videos for Project Diva Arcade (better graphics than the console/handheld versions) and am looking forward to the release of Project Diva Arcade Future Tone.

Project Diva F was a great game. My only gripe is that the backgrounds can be TOO distracting, especially when learning or sight reading the beatmaps. When first starting the game i would follow the button prompts fine but then they all of a sudden blend in with the background. I wish there was a way to either dull the background a little or somehow make the button prompts more defined. Otherwise a solid rhythm game.

Hey, is Killer Dead a good game. I seen reviews and they say it bad game but i would like to hear a gamers opinion. Is worth getting now? Should i wait until its at $20 mark?

Wait till it hits $20. It's extremely short,with a story that really makes no sense at all. The gameplay is just okay,but it could've been better if it were more refined. Compared to other hack and slash games on the market it's shit,but still worth a playthough

Hey, is Killer Dead a good game. I seen reviews and they say it bad game but i would like to hear a gamers opinion. Is worth getting now? Should i wait until its at $20 mark?

I enjoyed it, but it's short, nonsensical, and suffers from screen tearing. The controls are smooth and responsive. The story is Suda's take on 007, which is to say it is difficult to follow and makes nearly no sense. The gigolo sequences are nowhere near as bad as the media has made them out to be. I wouldn't encourage anyone to pay full price, but I'm not upset I paid $50 for it either.

I enjoyed it, but it's short, nonsensical, and suffers from screen tearing. The controls are smooth and responsive. The story is Suda's take on 007, which is to say it is difficult to follow and makes nearly no sense. The gigolo sequences are nowhere near as bad as the media has made them out to be. I wouldn't encourage anyone to pay full price, but I'm not upset I paid $50 for it either.
Wait till it hits $20. It's extremely short,with a story that really makes no sense at all. The gameplay is just okay,but it could've been better if it were more refined. Compared to other hack and slash games on the market it's shit,but still worth a playthough
Thanks guys for the input. I think i can wait, but i really want to try out that gigolo sequence those look very interesting to play.

Hopefully that means those Hyperdimension Neptunia Vita remakes will get localized
Never understood why people even want this game... it is like one of the most boring, put you to sleep game I've played. This is one game that I feel definitely fall into the niche != worth playing game which I think too many people like them just because of that.

The cool cover art is worth picking it up :)
I'm sad that the outer box art is ruined by the HUGE "soundtrack inside!!" Image. Sad that it's goodbye to Atlus manuals from now on in 3DS games... They used to be the best! I thought they would continue since although EOIV didn't have one, Soul Hackers did. Guess that was the last one...

Got Etrian myself, I love the series.

Also got Rune Factory 4. Apparently the shipping/release dates are fucked up. My store said the release wasnt till like friday so I grabbed one at another store.

Anyone get that Etrian Odyssey remake? Wondering if it's worth picking up.
There's a lengthy demo available on the eshop, and it lets you import your save into the full version if you buy it. It's been getting great reviews, too. Of the twenty reviews listed on Metacritic, all but two are 80 or better.

Also got Rune Factory 4. Apparently the shipping/release dates are fucked up. My store said the release wasnt till like friday so I grabbed one at another store.
I preorder rune factory 4 at my local gamestop. went there earlier today and it didn't come in tho they already have EO:U. I was told they only received 2 copies, 1 being my preorder. Just got a VM from the store that it did just came in so I guess I will go pick it up before leaving on a short business trip. I also paid off my Zelda windwaker CE since I won't be back to pick it up on Friday so they better hold it for me.

also got txt from my ups store that my EO:U came in so woooohoooo... decision decision. RF4 or EO:U to play during the trip.

There's a lengthy demo available on the eshop, and it lets you import your save into the full version if you buy it. It's been getting great reviews, too. Of the twenty reviews listed on Metacritic, all but two are 80 or better.
demo is only the first two floors..

getting this tomorrow and Rune 4 hopefully Thursday via gamefly. need to figure what one i need to ship back by monday so i have an open slot for pokemon x y

Etrian Odyssey looks good but my problem is I just don't wanna spend $40 on a game I wont get to for a few months. Although I want the LE. Decisions...

Also just curious, anyone who ordered the Disgaea D2 LE+Guide get charged yet? Could have sworn the email said if you ordered early enough you'd be charged by today.

And I ordered mine the hour it went up

Also just curious, anyone who ordered the Disgaea D2 LE+Guide get charged yet? Could have sworn the email said if you ordered early enough you'd be charged by today.

No billing yet for me, and no update to the order status either.

I got an email a few hours ago saying they recieved my payment,though I ordered just the LE without the guide.

I order it around the same time and didn't get charged, though I only ordered the LE.

Etrian Odyssey looks good but my problem is I just don't wanna spend $40 on a game I wont get to for a few months. Although I want the LE. Decisions...
I'll wait for a drop. Amazon should have Untold Story LE for at least several months. Some people still getting EOIV LE depending on where it's shipped from.

I haven't seen one myself and the same thing happened with Project X Zone. It sold for $10 less and I got a regular edition whenI ordered one online. I saw a lot of LE for PXZ after that, but it was confirmed that retailers were selling second editions after that. I would look for a copy in store.

Is anyone else getting the D2 Guide from Amazon? Mine is saying that it won't be delivered until November 8th.

I was charged this morning, so it's definitely happening for some!

I haven't seen one myself and the same thing happened with Project X Zone. It sold for $10 less and I got a regular edition whenI ordered one online. I saw a lot of LE for PXZ after that, but it was confirmed that retailers were selling second editions after that. I would look for a copy in store.
Are you talking about not seeing SMTIV LE but regular copies? I haven't seen regular copies anywhere. Every single BB has at least 2 LEs. Some GS have a sealed LE behind the counter and a gutted box on the shelves. Conversely, I've only seen PxZ LE at GS around release. BB only had regulars when I checked around then as well.

Also got a NISA charge yesterday, but no emails about D2 shipping.

Is anyone else getting the D2 Guide from Amazon? Mine is saying that it won't be delivered until November 8th.
Mine is still saying October 10th, though I ordered mine right after I ordered the limited from NIS America. It's possible that demand is outstretching supply and you'd be getting a second run of the guide (or it could just be a mistake on Amazon's part).

Put in a last minute order for the Limited Edition of D2. Will the strategy guide be useful for this game, or more for the extra art?

Put in a last minute order for the Limited Edition of D2. Will the strategy guide be useful for this game, or more for the extra art?
D2 has a lot of new mechanics, which might come in handy for. However, this game released months ago in Japan, so most of the information is already out there. Also everything that is in the guide will be online in the next couple of weeks, plus a patch could easily result in there being a COMPLETELY different game / incorrect information down the road.

However, the guide does have an unlock key for one of the DLC characters, so it's a decent value if you don't like reading online, but completely useless if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back