Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to have to order the Tales CE direct from Namco, or will GS/Amazon carry it as well?  I currently have a issue I'm trying to resolve w/ Digital River and am hesitant to get involved in another transaction with them unless I have to.  

I placed an order and it says they charge when it ships.

Ok, I only put in an order in case it is a Namco store exclusive. If not, I will cancel. So question #2:

How do you cancel orders there? Don't tell me you need to call in.

Pre-ordered a Symphonia at Club Namco.  Still hoping that Amazon and/or Gamestop also get it though.  Like everyone else I would rather not deal with digital river. :razz:

EDIT:  Also would like to note that I got an email from NIS and my Disgaea D2 LE is delayed another week.  Guess that is what I get for taking forever to pre-order one.  Not too big of a deal though since I am playing Pokemon and Beyond: Two Souls right now anyways.

bah, i want it!  but hearing about digital river, i'm hesitant to pull the trigger.  i hope some other stores will carry it.. as for KH2.5 WOOT!

Wizard Edition woes aside, to those who have successfully ordered from the namco store, how prompt was shipping and how was the condition?

Wizard Edition woes aside, to those who have successfully ordered from the namco store, how prompt was shipping and how was the condition?
Not good. I pre-ordered the Armored Core Verdict Day CE and it didn't ship until release day and didn't arrive for a week. When it did arrive, the box was badly dented. They packed it in a cardboard box that had no space at all between the game and the box. Needless to say, I ended up returning it for a replacement. Not sure how the replacement will work out as they haven't shipped it out yet and I had to pay return shipping. I really wish Namco and other manufacturers would stop using Digital River, but if the Ni No Kuni problems didn't embarass them into ending the relationship, it seems nothing will.

If you change an address, that is risky with Digital River.

Can't you just get it shipped to a friend or relative's house so you know for sure they will still be there? Then go pick it up yourself?

We live halfway across the country from any other family. And I live with an NFL player and his relatives, so we tend to find shit out at the last possible moment lol.

We could be moving before the end of the month, or by the end of the year.

I guess I could ship to my dad and have him ship to me, but I would really prefer Amazon or GS given DRs rep

Hopefully Amazon or another store gets these, although I had a fairly good Digital River experience with the Ni No Kuni WE, even though I had to change my credit card halfway through it was still fine.

If you have to call Digital River for anything, make sure to try multiple times. Some of their service people are good and other were pretty bad according to this site.

After hearing all the Digital River woes, I'm waiting on Symphonia until Amazon or GameStop put it up.  And if they don't, I guess I won't get it.  Nothing I can't live without (even though I am a sucker for special editions).

With NNK WE they used boxes that could withstand bullets and there wasn't enough room for the boxes to move around. They fit perfectly. So that's probably why few, if any, were damaged. If they use really strong and sturdy boxes for these, I think everyone would be in good shape. But somehow I think that may have been a special occasion.

well, maybe play-canada is going to have extras again for sale, like the last  time when they had a surplus  ni no kuni wizards editions on sale at their ebay shop.

Are you going to have to order the Tales CE direct from Namco, or will GS/Amazon carry it as well? I currently have a issue I'm trying to resolve w/ Digital River and am hesitant to get involved in another transaction with them unless I have to.
Well the person I spoke with told me there will only be 15,000 for NA and numbered all of which is true. ALso that preorders would begin Monday or this week which just happened.

He also said Gamestop and maybe another retailer will have it. NB does not list this as an exclusive, but Armored Core Verdict Day is an exclusive despite not being listed under exclusives.

I preordered from NB anyway.

We live halfway across the country from any other family. And I live with an NFL player and his relatives, so we tend to find shit out at the last possible moment lol.

We could be moving before the end of the month, or by the end of the year.

I guess I could ship to my dad and have him ship to me, but I would really prefer Amazon or GS given DRs rep
At least you got that professional athlete entourage hookup!

With NNK WE they used boxes that could withstand bullets and there wasn't enough room for the boxes to move around. They fit perfectly. So that's probably why few, if any, were damaged. If they use really strong and sturdy boxes for these, I think everyone would be in good shape. But somehow I think that may have been a special occasion.
I ended up trading an extra copy to a CAG exactly the way it came, just opened the original box to check for dents etc. It looked good to me. I wrapped some shopping bags around it and put it back in the snug box it came in. CAG say it got dented to hell etc and left negative feedback. I sent it via USPS which may be why it got fucked up.

The community manager for Namco Bandai games just retweeted this:

"Namco Bandai says the #TalesofSymphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition is not exclusive to their store and should be up in other stores soon"

"Namco Bandai says the #TalesofSymphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition is not exclusive to their store and should be up in other stores soon"
Are you talking about AbyssalC? That person runs a big fansite. I don't think there's been an official announcement aside from what I and others may have heard from NB reps.

Well the person I spoke with told me there will only be 15,000 for NA and numbered all of which is true. ALso that preorders would begin Monday or this week which just happened.

He also said Gamestop and maybe another retailer will have it. NB does not list this as an exclusive, but Armored Core Verdict Day is an exclusive despite not being listed under exclusives.

I preordered from NB anyway.

At least you got that professional athlete entourage hookup!

I ended up trading an extra copy to a CAG exactly the way it came, just opened the original box to check for dents etc. It looked good to me. I wrapped some shopping bags around it and put it back in the snug box it came in. CAG say it got dented to hell etc and left negative feedback. I sent it via USPS which may be why it got fucked up.
Like it was your fault that USPS damaged it. I hate when idiots do that. Once it leaves your hands, as long as it is packed well, it isn't on you.

Went ahead and ordered from the Namco Bandai store. Not taking any chances that it's not available from any other stores. Will reconsider if/when it pops up on another store.

Like it was your fault that USPS damaged it. I hate when idiots do that. Once it leaves your hands, as long as it is packed well, it isn't on you.
Yea, I get super nervous anytime I have to ship something like that because no matter what care I take, if it's damaged during shipping there are always those who are going to complain that you should have done something different.

I hope this is guaranteed. I'm holding off on the preorder because my PayPal is running low. I hope I can preorder it from GameStop soon.

I hope this is true. 15K is a lot of copies so I guess they have to.

Do we have to call Namco to cancel orders or can it be done online?
The last time I tried to cancel an order via email, they told me it was cancelled within 24 hours. Then, 3 business days later, they ship the item and then tell me they can't cancel it... even though earlier they told me it was already cancelled.

The best part was that they couldn't figure out why I was upset about that, nor would they acknowledge what the word "cancelled" means.

I just ordered off Namco's website for Tales of Symphonia CE. If Amazon has it up soon, I'll order directly from Amazon than and cancel my Namco order. Hope Namco doesn't give me problems.  Also I don't want to keep 2 copies of the same game, although I'm sure the hoarders will buy multiple copies to flood ebay.

The only time I've ever ordered from DR, it was from the Square Enix store and they sent me the wrong game. I'll wait for another retailer.

The only time I've ever ordered from DR, it was from the Square Enix store and they sent me the wrong game. I'll wait for another retailer.
I'm not looking forward to buying Drakengard 3 from them.

Really hoping Square Enix reconsiders and let's other retailers carry the game.

Yea, I get super nervous anytime I have to ship something like that because no matter what care I take, if it's damaged during shipping there are always those who are going to complain that you should have done something different.
I had one person say I had horrible packaging on something (just because it was in a bubble mailer)... and that it arrived in fine condition. Some people complain even when nothing happens.

Did this fucking thing seriously sell out in just a few hours? I don't see any option to add to cart. What the actual fuck.

Edit: It looks like it is out of stock. What a load of garbage. I've been diligently checking for when it would go up for pre-order, and then it does while I'm at work, and it's gone by the end of the day. WOW. If anyone ordered two and doesn't want the other, let me know! I'm really frustrated with this.

Edit 2: According to their Facebook, it will also be available at other retailers, so nevermind! :3

I'm not looking forward to buying Drakengard 3 from them.

Really hoping Square Enix reconsiders and let's other retailers carry the game.
I seriously don't see why they wouldn't but at least we have an option for a physical copy.

Actually looks like a game now... rather than something they put together in 5 minutes, like the E3 trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back