Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time I tried to cancel an order via email, they told me it was cancelled within 24 hours. Then, 3 business days later, they ship the item and then tell me they can't cancel it... even though earlier they told me it was already cancelled.

The best part was that they couldn't figure out why I was upset about that, nor would they acknowledge what the word "cancelled" means.
Their website screwed up when I was trying to order the $20 Dragon's Dogma: DA through Capcom over a week ago and I ended up with 3 orders. I immediately emailed them & asked them to cancel two of them. They replied a day or so later asking "which two?" (like it mattered) so I replied & gave them 2 order numbers. Didn't hear another word from them for over a week, then yesterday I get 3 shipping confirmations & 2 return approvals. Like they expect me to pay to ship them back after they sat on them for over a week.

I'll flip them somewhere & recover my money that way. Very glad Amazon put up preorders for the Symphonia CE so I don't have to deal with them again.

...."have to?" uhhh...you have to go write a review for my small service so I get paid. Ya no

Thanks. It doesn't appear when you search it.

In for one.
Amazon's search algo is shit. I got it to appear by typing "Symphonia Chronicles edition". it's a CE so when I put "limited" it didn't show up.

edit: now just "Symphonia Chronicles" makes it appear, likely since many have placed orders and searched

Crap I thought I posted the amazon link before CAG crapped out this morning (about 8 AM). sorry everyone.

This is almost worth the hassle of creating a Gamefly free trial.

You don't need a membership to buy from them. You only need it if the item is only listed as "keep", rather than "buy'.

It IS listed as keep. There's no buy option and it's not listed at all on the store.

Here's the only listing I can find for it, and the only option listed is "Rent." Maybe there's a link hidden away somewhere I can't find. If so, please list it.

http://www.gamefly.com/Rent-Ni-No-Kuni-Wrath-of-the-White-Witch/5003552/
That means it sold out unfortunately. Gamefly is pretty good at restocking bestselling items - check back regularly to see if it's available then.

Preorders also available in store at Gamestop (went and preordered one this morning).
Thanks, gonna swing by after work & preorder one. I don't trust Amazon's shipping on CE's, would much rather preorder in store to ensure I get one in good condition.

Pre ordered my copy of Tales of Symphonia CE at GS when I picked up Valhalla Knights 3. So glad I don't have to deal with the ordering it through Namco, but I seriously got nervous when I saw how fast those sold out on the online store. 

Thanks, gonna swing by after work & preorder one. I don't trust Amazon's shipping on CE's, would much rather preorder in store to ensure I get one in good condition.
Pre ordered my copy of Tales of Symphonia CE at GS when I picked up Valhalla Knights 3. So glad I don't have to deal with the ordering it through Namco, but I seriously got nervous when I saw how fast those sold out on the online store.
Preordering these editions at GS is also a dice roll for condition, but I might consider doing so as well if I can get more trade credit.

Probably because there are people who still think it's limited to 1500 based on that Twitter post, not 15000.

BTW, does anyone have a working tracking number for their D2 guide form NISA? I got one on the 15th and USPS still shows it as invalid (other tracking numbers work fine).

Ni no Kuni is already $20 everywhere...new, anyway. The flyer shows it for $15. Xilia for $20 is a bit crazy, though. I need to look into that--I've never played a Tales game but I see nothing but good things said about them.
The Tales series are among the best JRPG games I've played.

I really wish they'd stop making games for Nintendo systems and move them all over to PC/PS3/Vita. I've absolutely no interest in the hardware Nintendo puts out nowadays, but the system gets great games. :(
I agree, except to move everything to PC since I have no interest in both Sony and Microsoft's hardware.

I paid $60 day one for Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia, no regrets myself so I'd absolutely be all over them at $20 or less.

Wait, the ad says "Save $20" on Xillia, making it originally $40. Future price drop?

Ni No Kuni at $15 is great though. MSRP should be $20 now I thought, and it is getting a Greatest Hits version.

Surprised Dragon's Crown is $30 in that ad, a mere $10 off at current prices.

Wait, the ad says "Save $20" on Xillia, making it originally $40. Future price drop?

Ni No Kuni at $15 is great though. MSRP should be $20 now I thought, and it is getting a Greatest Hits version.

Surprised Dragon's Crown is $30 in that ad, a mere $10 off at current prices.
Dragon's Crown :)ps3:) was only $39.99 ($29.99 for the Vita version) through this past Tuesday--it's back up to $49.99 everywhere now.

Anyone else get the email about the Atlus games being on sale?

Which are some good RPGS to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back