Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Same. If RS4 hits $19.99 thats a DEAL!

sig.jpg
It'll hit $29.99 for sure soon.

Also DELETE that signature image of yours in your signature.

Bad news Atlus is shutting down their forum. Hope this is not a sign of things to come

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11334
Didn't Namco Bandai shutdown their forums? Probably so it won't get hammered next time Digital River fucks up a big release.

It's not in the signature. It's in the post.
yeah checked his other posts. he messed up a few times by forgetting to put it on the last line. first several posts he has two lines of it. one or two times he puts it at the beginning of his posts. it's become more annoying that that Y sometging 8soemthing guy's messed up linebreak code in his posts.

I didn't even know that The Guided Fate of Paradox existed until I just saw it on Amazon. It seems like that and Disgaea D2 were released without much fanfare compared to earlier releases. The premise for Guided Fate of Paradox looks interesting, so I wouldn't mind picking it up when it goes on sale.

I have to start saving my money and not buying stuff full priced that I won't play anytime soon is a start.

I didn't even know that The Guided Fate of Paradox existed until I just saw it on Amazon. It seems like that and Disgaea D2 were released without much fanfare compared to earlier releases. The premise for Guided Fate of Paradox looks interesting, so I wouldn't mind picking it up when it goes on sale.

I have to start saving my money and not buying stuff full priced that I won't play anytime soon is a start.
it worth playing when you do, controls erk me a bit but story was enjoyable. thu the cut scene after every floor broke up the flow at first, i got used to it an like the change from the normal presentation most games do.

Well I did end up placing that order for the Platinum Hits Virtual On Force but I ended up canceling it after I talked to a Japanese seller (with the help of google translate to write/read messages) and decided to buy a limited edition for ~$26. Sure getting it home will be a bitch but thats future Green Cards problem. Box is a little beat up, artbook has some wear/dirty, but the game looks mint and is complete. Has the soundtracks and everything.

This may have been posted already, but Tales of Graces f pre-owned is $30 at Best Buy (sorry, can't post links yet, just search on their website).

Just picked a copy up from my local store, and if it weren't for the big "Pre-Owned" sticker that was on it (that still advertised $45, but it rang up for $30), I wouldn't have known it wasn't a brand new retail copy. Seriously, absolutely pristine condition. Looking forward to getting a couple hours in after work today.

This may have been posted already, but Tales of Graces f pre-owned is $30 at Best Buy (sorry, can't post links yet, just search on their website).

Just picked a copy up from my local store, and if it weren't for the big "Pre-Owned" sticker that was on it (that still advertised $45, but it rang up for $30), I wouldn't have known it wasn't a brand new retail copy. Seriously, absolutely pristine condition. Looking forward to getting a couple hours in after work today.
I checked online for that but the closest store to me that has it is in Alabama. :(

Edit: Anybody know how Ship to Store works for stuff like this? I guess if you don't like the condition you can just not accept it, or get a refund in-store?

Right Stuf has Steins;Gate (LE) discounted a bit again for $40.17 (about $36 and a few change with 10% got-anime discount) as part of a limited time VN sale (ends 11/14) which majority of them are 18+/NSFW (no need mentioning). So for those on the fence on it who wants to get S;G in English, its now or never (of course though, its still gonna be a while till they acutally release it). :3

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/esIJD4dtKh7BXyWzX=/browse/item/99733/4/0/0

Right Stuf has Steins;Gate (LE) discounted a bit again for $40.17 (about $36 and a few change with 10% got-anime discount) as part of a limited time VN sale (ends 11/14) which majority of them are 18+/NSFW (no need mentioning). So for those on the fence on it who wants to get S;G in English, its now or never (of course though, its still gonna be a while till they acutally release it). :3

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/esIJD4dtKh7BXyWzX=/browse/item/99733/4/0/0
I wonder if they'll ever be on Steam. I would definitely pick them up there, especially if there was a deal, but I don't really want a boxed $40 version.

I'm excited for that one.  I'll just be getting the digital release though, and perhaps waiting for a PSN deal on it.  (Seems like deals always happen immediately after I buy something.)

I want to get danganronpa but I fear I've already ruined the story from watching the anime.  I enjoyed PW and 999, but in those cases, the story was still a mystery.

Trigger Happy Havoc Limited Edition is really tempting, wish Gamestop was carrying that version/edition.  I haven't watched the anime yet on DaganRonpa. I know the first episode is free on PSN or least it was about a week ago.

Edit: Anyone order this yet, what's the shipping cost?

Having already played the game and watched the anime, I can confirm that if you've experienced either, the other is a waste of your time.

The game is slightly better, but compared to other death game series like 999, the experience is slightly worse.

Things you should avoid doing before you play the game/watch the anime: everything about the community bleeds spoilers, so do not even fucking look for Danganronpa hentai while playing the game. You will be spoiled. Cosplay? Same goes.

I'll be picking this up for $50 cuz it's a NISA LE, but casuals, you can save yourself the dough by watching the anime version.

Placed in my preorder for the Trigger Happy Havoc LE. I was reading around that they will included something else in this version that will be new for people who already played the psp version. Plus there is school mode to look forward to. Looking forward to getting this and hopefully we get to see the second game come out as well. 

For express, it was like 25 bucks?

I can see I'm going to feel duty-bound to purchase this on day one.  That's okay.  I'm excited to play it.

(I feel guilty for not buying D2 and Guided Fate Paradox on day one.  Too much backlog.)

meehhh ill probably order this just cuz i get pretty much every single LE from NISA (except for the shitty mugen souls fiasco crap). I like to support them bringing stuff over. But i dunno this game just looks dull to me. The anime seems meh too. Ill probably buy this then never open it. THe question is if i buy the regular version to play down the road or not

Did this have a manga? I could have sworn i read some of this a while back and didn't like it

Went ahead and pre-ordered Danganronpa. Did not watch the anime as I normally just watch stuff on Crunchyroll but I am happy to wait for the VN :D

Is Danganronpa LE only available on NIS? Well was reading the post on the playstation blog - "He announces to the students that they’re all locked in, and the only way out is to kill another student and get away with it." aaaand bought.

Trigger Happy Havoc Limited Edition is really tempting, wish Gamestop was carrying that version/edition. I haven't watched the anime yet on DaganRonpa. I know the first episode is free on PSN or least it was about a week ago.

Edit: Anyone order this yet, what's the shipping cost?
Standard shipping was free.

Pre-ordered the Danganronpa LE. This will be my first LE game that isn't one of those "Pre-order and get the artbook" deals. I've already seen the anime, but I loved 999 and am enjoying Zero Escape, so I'll give it a shot anyway. And even if it isn't all that great, at least I've done my part to convince them to bring the sequel over, which I likely will wait to play rather than watching the anime if it happens first.

Ordered Dagonronpa LE. Can't say no to NISA or Atlus LE. Still have my Hyperdimension Neptunia games sealed. Hmm, never heard of Conception 2, will take a look later

Atlus appears to be teasing a localization announcement for Conception 2.
Wow!! That's pretty exciting! It looks a little Persona-esque, but that's not a bad thing. Seems to have sold well and gotten good reviews in Japan. I kind of miss the whole epic, save the world questy games. Seems like everything is either an action game these days, or a game with randomized dungeons (or both!). Or maybe the dungeons aren't random in this one?

Anyway, whatever the case, it is very welcome indeed.

I have 30 estore credit from FE/SMT.  Should I use it to get the new Phoenix Wright?  I'm not sure if it'll be worth it, but it's download only and I haven't really seen much else to spend the credit on.  I could buy old zeldas but I've played all of those.

I have 30 estore credit from FE/SMT. Should I use it to get the new Phoenix Wright? I'm not sure if it'll be worth it, but it's download only and I haven't really seen much else to spend the credit on. I could buy old zeldas but I've played all of those.
If you can't find anything you truly want to spend your money on, then you're not looking hard enough. :) That said, if you've liked Phoenix games in the past, you'll like this one. It's my favorite out of them all, personally.

I have 30 estore credit from FE/SMT. Should I use it to get the new Phoenix Wright? I'm not sure if it'll be worth it, but it's download only and I haven't really seen much else to spend the credit on. I could buy old zeldas but I've played all of those.
Phoenix Wright is old hat. Get Senran Kagura instead.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase releases next year.

I thought the code for the credit expires at the end of the year but the credit stays.

Whenever Sayonara Umihara Kawase is mentioned, I get excited because I for some reason think of Haruhi Suzumiyu (sp?).

But Sayonara Umihara Kawase will be better than a Haruhi game probably anyway.

(Well, it won't, because a Haruhi RPG would be awesome, even if it wasn't very good.  But Sayonara Umihara Kawase will still be awesome!)

Senran Kagura Burst is a lot of fun.  I don't know what kind of reviews it'll get, perhaps not above the 70s or 80s, but for beat'em up fans, it's pretty great.  (Yes, I got it cause I like beat'em ups!  Y u look at me like that!)

That is the kind of downside I was talking about. Never ordered from them before and didn't know about the points. Canceling my preorder and re-ordering with an account. Thanks.
For the points, they send you a $5 gift certificate for every... $100 you order, I believe. It's not amazing, but there's no tax and there's free shipping, so...

Indie fighter Skullgirls is free to play this weekend on Steam, and is 33% off, marked down from $14.99 to $9.99.

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2013/11/14/skullgirls-free-to-play-weekend-33-off-until-monday.html

You also get the DLC character Squiggly for free also, since it's only free for a limited time like the PSASBRs DLC characters.

The game plays like old 2D fighting games and has a style like Marvel vs Capcom 2.

It has anime-like visuals, and is pretty niche.

It also has 4 additional free DLC characters comming in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back