Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't collect stuff, but I do buy textbooks, from Amazon, and I guess other books from time to time (Zelda: Hyrule HIstoria, for one), and they alllllwayyyyyssssss arrive dented.  Especialy with $100+ textbooks, it's just stupid annoying.  But, I complain, and they normally give me a certain % discount, which can be a lot when the item in question is a textbook.

With Hyrule Historia, they just sent me a second copy, which ALSO arrived dented.  Oh well.  Gonna give one to my brother for his birthday, keep the other for myself, and not care that it's dented.

If you're a collector, that's gotta be frustrating, though.

I'm certain that the only reason they started that packaging feedback stuff was simply for the Placebo effect. I've complained constantly about damaged items for almost 2 years now and it's still an issue.

Amazon's terrible shipping doesn't even bother me anymore. Now, whenever I buy something from them, I just factor in the fact that it'll arrive damaged. 

What pisses me off is that when I order cheap, easily replaceable items that are pretty much impossible to damage unless someone physically opens the box and intentionally damages them (stuff like socks, gloves, HDMI cable, etc.), they ALWAYS ship those in a box with ample protection on all sizes. But buy a LE game and they're like, "oh, this is the last copy we have and it's pretty expensive... lets just wrap it in one of those flimsy cardboard things and send it off!" 

With stuff like guides/artbook, mine are always packed with protection on the top, and no more than two sides/corners. I wonder if they ever consider what's going to happen to the unprotected side, edge and corners? 

I'm certain that the only reason they started that packaging feedback stuff was simply for the Placebo effect. I've complained constantly about damaged items for almost 2 years now and it's still an issue.

Amazon's terrible shipping doesn't even bother me anymore. Now, whenever I buy something from them, I just factor in the fact that it'll arrive damaged.
I have never once had a damaged Amazon package.

Well I'm a bit ticked off. Got my Sorcery Saga LE in, opened the box up (Which I couldnt even say was a box, more just a cardboard wrap around). And the box of the LE was dented to hell, it was basically flattened as much as the contents inside would allow it to be, along with some stress marks along the sides and a few tiny tears.

Not that I was buying the box for collecting purposes, I still think its a bit messed up I paid for one day shipping and cant even get the item in pristine condition.
this is the same way they ship out their kindles. Try to tell CS about it and they have no clue what sort of shipping container it is. Funny thing is its good enough for amazon to ship the item to you in BUT your not allowed to ship it back them same way if you dont want the item (i got a kindle like this with a smashed box and was im sending it back, was told if i would use the same package its up to the return department to issue the refund or say i did it to myself by not shipping it back in an NORMAL BOX lol whatever amazon

still waiting for me LE from newegg to ship. got billed last night still not shipped

edit stay the fuck away from newegg. The billed by credit card last night refuse to do a refund and said the game will not ship for 20 to 30 days (OUT OF STOCK .. said they can not ISSUE A REFUND ON an order that is in process and they hang up on me. Call them back and now they are saying Wait time is 2 to 3 hours and chat is over and hour fuck this site

Hm, my Kindles (just the e-readers) always came in fairly protective Kindle containers.  They say "KINDLE" on them, too.  Might as well say "STEAL ME" when UPS puts them on the doorstep.

ANYWAY on to more important things. How is the Sorcery Saga Curry God whatever dungeon crawler rogue-like somin or other game???

What pisses me off is that when I order cheap, easily replaceable items that are pretty much impossible to damage unless someone physically opens the box and intentionally damages them (stuff like socks, gloves, HDMI cable, etc.), they ALWAYS ship those in a box with ample protection on all sizes. But buy a LE game and they're like, "oh, this is the last copy we have and it's pretty expensive... lets just wrap it in one of those flimsy cardboard things and send it off!"

With stuff like guides/artbook, mine are always packed with protection on the top, and no more than two sides/corners. I wonder if they ever consider what's going to happen to the unprotected side, edge and corners?
HA sounds like me.

I buy games from amazon all the time yet they more often then not come in super small bubble mailers. especially disc only stuff. yet whenever I order a ds game, sd card, ps1/2 memory cards ect they came in GIGANTIC MONSTROUS boxes. The micro sd card I orderer freaked me out too since I opened the box the size of a game system and couldn't find it until I looked under one of the flaps on the inside.

I use that to store my videogames :bouncy:

They come in more sturdy boxes it seems when I bundle 2-3 games together though. Like the box my p3p p3fes and star ocean 2 second departure came in a super sturdy monster of a box with half in thick card board that wrapped around it. I could stab it with a knife and not penetrate the second layer. I wish I could tell them to ship everything to me like that. the only worry I had with it was the glue or whatever they use to seal it shut comes loose real easily so I'd be worried it wouldn't hold and the games would all come falling out.

tldr just order a couple things together and they should provide decent protection. or order an sd card/candy straws tubs with it lol. It'll probably take longer to ship your stuff together unless they happen to be near/in the same location

I just think it's funny that people even try to order flimsy CEs from amazon anymore. I know there is a 'chance' that it'll arrive undamaged, and often times you can save $5-10, but the risk for damage is huge. At this point, I'm much happier paying full MSRP for a CE and just ordering from Gamestop. Their packaging is actually top notch. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not alright with chasing my tail in circles trying to get an undamaged copy of something.

So do you HAVE to send it back when you ask for a replacement lol? Not that I would, just curious if they insta-ban you or something.

As far as gameplay, havent been home since it arrived and havent had a chance to play yet. My friend says he likes it though (And he loves dungeon crawlers)

got an responce via email from newegg

We are experiencing further shipping delays due to extreme weather conditions throughout the US. If you are waiting for a package, it will be delivered as conditions improve. Please watch for e-mail updates.

so they have no clue when they will ship out my pacakge and  still refuses to  give me a refund.  WTF 

I don't collect stuff, but I do buy textbooks, from Amazon, and I guess other books from time to time (Zelda: Hyrule HIstoria, for one), and they alllllwayyyyyssssss arrive dented. Especialy with $100+ textbooks, it's just stupid annoying. But, I complain, and they normally give me a certain % discount, which can be a lot when the item in question is a textbook.

With Hyrule Historia, they just sent me a second copy, which ALSO arrived dented. Oh well. Gonna give one to my brother for his birthday, keep the other for myself, and not care that it's dented.

If you're a collector, that's gotta be frustrating, though.
Funny that you mention Hyrule Historia. My original copy arrived with ALL of the corners really dented. The replacement copy was thankfully in acceptable condition. That's terrible that they didn't take better care to send you a replacement copy in good condition. I wonder if there are a significant number of defective copies (that, or the packaging used to ship the books to the warehouse or people's houses aren't protective enough).

So do you HAVE to send it back when you ask for a replacement lol? Not that I would, just curious if they insta-ban you or something.

As far as gameplay, havent been home since it arrived and havent had a chance to play yet. My friend says he likes it though (And he loves dungeon crawlers)
Well, you can keep it, but they will charge you for the second copy after the return date passes.

They ship them like that, because it doesn't even factor into their thinking that people might be OCD. You have to realize people like that are a VERY niche group. You are exposed to it here, because that's what the community is. But most people out there get their CE and just rip open the box.

They probably only ship things that are fragile(like glass, pottery, etc) with extra care.

It sucks for people on this site, but I can understand where Amazon is coming from. Doesn't mean it is right, but I comprehend it from their side.

Got my LE copy in today too from Amazon and it came in the same way, crushed as much as the contents would allow.  I've always avoided ordering LEs from Amazon based on the awful shipments I've read about in this thread.  It was the only place I had seen the LE tho :(  I had completely forgotten to check the aksys store.  

I'm debating returning it to Amazon. I opened the display box but not the game itself. Is that still returnable?

Got my LE copy in today too from Amazon and it came in the same way, crushed as much as the contents would allow. I've always avoided ordering LEs from Amazon based on the awful shipments I've read about in this thread. It was the only place I had seen the LE tho :( I had completely forgotten to check the aksys store.

I'm debating returning it to Amazon. I opened the display box but not the game itself. Is that still returnable?
My replacement copy already shipped. I'm sure they could work it out.

I'm not mad about the first, but I'll be raging if this is the same

got an responce via email from newegg

We are experiencing further shipping delays due to extreme weather conditions throughout the US. If you are waiting for a package, it will be delivered as conditions improve. Please watch for e-mail updates.

so they have no clue when they will ship out my pacakge and still refuses to give me a refund. WTF
Maybe I was lucky that my Newegg order is still in pre-order...mainly ordered the CE there because it was same price as regular edition. I'm not really dying to play it, but I know it still shows sold out....will wait to see if I cancel, but at the least I wasn't charged. Not crazy excited about the game really (like rogue games but playing Guided Fate Paradox still), but wanted to support the niche games. I'll decide in a while...heh. Sorry to hear your dilemma though Newegg sucks for returns/cancellations of orders not of a single item and for keeping a customer informed of an order's status and such, and looks like getting a refund. I mainly use them cause of the small pre-order price offs for niche games....other than that it's just random hardware when I need it, cause I know they're not amazing.

They've always let me know one way or the other, but I've often been able to keep the extra item.

Funny that you mention Hyrule Historia. My original copy arrived with ALL of the corners really dented. The replacement copy was thankfully in acceptable condition. That's terrible that they didn't take better care to send you a replacement copy in good condition. I wonder if there are a significant number of defective copies (that, or the packaging used to ship the books to the warehouse or people's houses aren't protective enough).
I honestly think their packaging is just crappy. I think the books themselves are all fine in the warehouse, but the corners get bashed in (among other things) during transit. You'd think they'd lose a lot of money, but as someone said up there, we're a minority. Even though I don't buy CE, I still buy books sometimes, and I'm in the minority that complains.

Maybe it was deliberate to enhance the book's authentic feel. Why, I'm surprised it arrived in such good shape after traveling all the way from Hyrule in Link's adventure pouch with all those arrows and rupees and whatnot.

true true.  I'm glad some people are ocd though as I never would of gotten p3fes as cheap as I did new just because there was a small nearly unnoticable dent on the front from awd.

though going by the bags o broken glass posts I see from time to time it doesn't sound like other glass objects are packed any better.

I got my LE copy of Tales of Xillia in today. I guess I'm lucky because I also ordered kingdom hearts so It forced them to use bigger packaging.

I'm looking forward to hearing, too.  I really don't even know what to expect from it.  Is it supposed to be kinda similar to Guided Fate Paradox (which I hope gets a Vita release) in its roguelikeness?  I don't even know what the battle system is like or if it's first-person or what.

They've always let me know one way or the other, but I've often been able to keep the extra item.

I honestly think their packaging is just crappy. I think the books themselves are all fine in the warehouse, but the corners get bashed in (among other things) during transit. You'd think they'd lose a lot of money, but as someone said up there, we're a minority. Even though I don't buy CE, I still buy books sometimes, and I'm in the minority that complains.
Yeah, it probably is the packaging. There was a little bit of space for the book to move around in the package I received--I guess that must have been enough. With the way I've seen some packages treated tossed around, I wouldn't doubt it. It's a shame more people don't request a refund/exchange when they receive damaged products. Even if prices went up a little (either in S&H or the products themselves), it'd be worth it to have better packaging. Dealing with returns and exchanges is such a hassle.

Maybe I was lucky that my Newegg order is still in pre-order...mainly ordered the CE there because it was same price as regular edition. I'm not really dying to play it, but I know it still shows sold out....will wait to see if I cancel, but at the least I wasn't charged. Not crazy excited about the game really (like rogue games but playing Guided Fate Paradox still), but wanted to support the niche games. I'll decide in a while...heh. Sorry to hear your dilemma though Newegg sucks for returns/cancellations of orders not of a single item and for keeping a customer informed of an order's status and such, and looks like getting a refund. I mainly use them cause of the small pre-order price offs for niche games....other than that it's just random hardware when I need it, cause I know they're not amazing.
they called me back and and talked about some bullcrap said item will be back in stock DEC 20 and it will be 2 weeks to ship it after that . Should get it around JAN 10 and the gift card can not be refunded .

O well that is the last time i deal with newegg

I'm looking forward to hearing, too. I really don't even know what to expect from it. Is it supposed to be kinda similar to Guided Fate Paradox (which I hope gets a Vita release) in its roguelikeness? I don't even know what the battle system is like or if it's first-person or what.
here is the gameplay trailer for the curry game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUStL7sk7gA

Hm, my Kindles (just the e-readers) always came in fairly protective Kindle containers. They say "KINDLE" on them, too. Might as well say "STEAL ME" when UPS puts them on the doorstep.

ANYWAY on to more important things. How is the Sorcery Saga Curry God whatever dungeon crawler rogue-like somin or other game???
Funny I got my Kindle from Best Buy and they put in a regular box.

here is the gameplay trailer for the curry game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUStL7sk7gA
Well! That was an interesting trailer.

The game certainly looks like fun. I get it now. It's a mysterious dungeon-alike. Compile Heart and Idea Factory seem kind of hit or miss and money is tight, so I am going to hold out. Hopefully there will be some in-depth reviews soon.

I just think it's funny that people even try to order flimsy CEs from amazon anymore. I know there is a 'chance' that it'll arrive undamaged, and often times you can save $5-10, but the risk for damage is huge. At this point, I'm much happier paying full MSRP for a CE and just ordering from Gamestop. Their packaging is actually top notch. I'm at a point in my life where I'm not alright with chasing my tail in circles trying to get an undamaged copy of something.
The only problem is you're giving money to Gamestop.

IMO, not worth it.

Well! That was an interesting trailer.

The game certainly looks like fun. I get it now. It's a mysterious dungeon-alike. Compile Heart and Idea Factory seem kind of hit or miss and money is tight, so I am going to hold out. Hopefully there will be some in-depth reviews soon.
i check around the release date for the curry game, it says 12/10/2013, so isn't it today?

The only problem is you're giving money to Gamestop.

IMO, not worth it.
While I totally see what you're saying, I'm encouraging their sale of new games--which I am fine with--and I am getting an undamaged item usually on the first try. With Amazon, that may never happen--let alone on the first try.

Witch and the Hundred Knights LE preorder is up:

• Full color, hardcover artbook
  • Reversible front cover
  • 2-disc original soundtrack with jewel case
  • Collector's box
  • Metallica nendoroid petite
  • $74.99, March 25th 2014 release
The nendoroid is a very nice addition. 

witch100_big_LE.jpg

witch100_cover2.jpg

Some images of the nendoroid

The-Witch-and-the-Hundred-Knights-Metallica-Nendoroid.jpg

9723513931_fc436f19aa_z.jpg

9726740976_f2b9a6d56b_h.jpg

NISA games are the absolute worst IMO, but the game might be decent enough to be worth investing in the LE. I'll decide over the next few days if I want or not.

I've never really had too much trouble with LE/CE's and Amazon or even other stuff other than stuff that was that way to begin with other than the Tales of Xillia LE that I got from Black Friday. There were two small dents in the box. And it was just shipped in a bubble mailer.

I also got Hyrule Historia from them a few weeks back without issue too

NISA games are the absolute worst IMO, but the game might be decent enough to be worth investing in the LE. I'll decide over the next few days if I want or not.
Witch was developed by NIS, and the games made by NIS are generally quite good. I agree most of the other stuff NISA brings over is trash.

was torn on the witch, i was not sold on the game play but love the box art an extra's. been wanting the game every since i saw the title, so even if it ends up a dud, i think worth the risk least this once

Keep in mind that most NISA store-exclusive LEs (with the exception of Mugen Souls) have consistently been selling out prior to any price decreases, making it difficult to find at MSRP afterwards. It may be prudent to place a preorder and mull over it in the coming months rather than regret not doing so. 

While I totally see what you're saying, I'm encouraging their sale of new games--which I am fine with--and I am getting an undamaged item usually on the first try. With Amazon, that may never happen--let alone on the first try.
This is how i normally get my LEs. Only issue I had was with Muramasa for the vita, and that was only because I was the only pre order for it and they sent it in an oversized box with other loose items in there that beat it up during shipping. But to their credit they took it back and ordered me a new one from either the warehouse or another store.

was torn on the witch, i was not sold on the game play but love the box art an extra's. been wanting the game every since i saw the title, so even if it ends up a dud, i think worth the risk least this once
Yeah I remember a lot of people saying the game wasn't very good but that LE is tempting. Not sure it's worth it at that price though.

Woo, a real Nendoroid petite instead of a cheap figure.

Edit: lol, I've had Witch and the Hundred Knights preordered from Amazon since May 24, 2012.

Hmm...might have to find a way to pre-order this.  My VISA Debit card doesn't work with this and the NISA store needs a card when I tried ordering through Paypal.  Kind of don't want to use a credit card at the moment, any suggestions?

That's how I do it. When I'm making Japanese curry, I use the blocks as well, like most Japanese/Taiwanese. But mine has celery as well, which wasabi didn't mention. I'd usually cook the chicken when I'm cooking the carrots and onions, and pull out the chicken so it doesn't get overcooked. I add it back in when you add in the curry blocks. Sometimes, when we don't feel like using chicken, we just cook lentil on the side and put that in instead.

And Singaporean/Malaysian curry isn't much different from other Southeast Asian curries, with a lot of coconut milk. Although Singapore curry noodles is way up there in my favorites.
Singapore/ Malay curry is good. Strong indian population there. If you are going to singapore, since you mentioned veg, go to a place called "herat plaza." It is a building with all veg restaraunts. There was also a really good indian buffet in singapore that was eat as you want, pay as you like, with all proceeds going to charity. I forget the name though.... but Singapore is small enough, you could just ask around.

damn, you have me beat. my preorder on amazon is from 9/8/2012

i am not that into nendo petite anymore, nendo or nothing!  best is still the saber/brs games that come with figma.

damn, you have me beat. my preorder on amazon is from 9/8/2012

i am not that into nendo petite anymore, nendo or nothing! best is still the saber/brs games that come with figma.
I usually don't like figmas, but I made an exception for Fate/Extra CCC for the Saber Bride one. Never regretted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back