Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually don't like figmas, but I made an exception for Fate/Extra CCC for the Saber Bride one. Never regretted it.
you are awesome! :)

IMAG0137.jpg

Huh, I'm not sure what to think about that LE considering I preordered the standard edition from Target.com for $19.99... :whistle2:k
I have the same dilemma except with amazon.. the LE looks pretty awesome though, I just don't know for $75

Singapore/ Malay curry is good. Strong indian population there. If you are going to singapore, since you mentioned veg, go to a place called "herat plaza." It is a building with all veg restaraunts. There was also a really good indian buffet in singapore that was eat as you want, pay as you like, with all proceeds going to charity. I forget the name though.... but Singapore is small enough, you could just ask around.
Oh man, I would love that. Really cool. I know very little about Singapore, but I'd love to visit someday.

I thought Witch and the Hundred Knight was getting pretty decent reviews in Japan?  Kotaku did a preview review (in the sense that the writer knew Japanese and played the actual Japanese game) and liked it.

I agree NIS makes some poor choices when bringing stuff over.  There is so much quality stuff, but then they bring over poor to mediocre stuff.  :/  However, I can't think of any NIS-developed title that wasn't good.  The stuff they don't develop is sometimes not great, sometimes okay, but the games they do develop are pretty much always good.

I'm hoping Witch is!  I'll be disappointed if not.  (I have a $20 Target copy pre-ordered, too :p which Target will probably cancel)

w00t! :O

Pre-ordered the Witch LE set, with $10.00 off from points earned from the Guided Fate Paradox and Disgaea D2 LE's! :D

I thought Witch and the Hundred Knight was getting pretty decent reviews in Japan? Kotaku did a preview review (in the sense that the writer knew Japanese and played the actual Japanese game) and liked it.

I agree NIS makes some poor choices when bringing stuff over. There is so much quality stuff, but then they bring over poor to mediocre stuff. :/ However, I can't think of any NIS-developed title that wasn't good. The stuff they don't develop is sometimes not great, sometimes okay, but the games they do develop are pretty much always good.

I'm hoping Witch is! I'll be disappointed if not. (I have a $20 Target copy pre-ordered, too :p which Target will probably cancel)
I agree... But I'm looking at the list of NIS America games that have brought Stateside and I have to admit that since their PS2 releases, I have been purchasing games from the company.

Albeit, I am behind now...After Hyper-Dimension Neptunia, that game left me disappointed that I didn't purchase the second game. Last Rebellion and Trinity Crusade didn't make me feel any better that I have not purchased an NIS America game for awhile now. Prinny PSP games make me want to tear my hair out. Although, I do plan to get Atelier Annie (DS) and Disgaea 4 (which I keep forgetting to get, as my backlog is bad enough as is).

It's a bit sad because part of what I loved about NIS were the Atelier and Ar Tonelico games, and the former is now being released by other companies now.

I agree... But I'm looking at the list of NIS America games that have brought Stateside and I have to admit that since their PS2 releases, I have been purchasing games from the company.

Albeit, I am behind now...After Hyper-Dimension Neptunia, that game left me disappointed that I didn't purchase the second game. Last Rebellion and Trinity Crusade didn't make me feel any better that I have not purchased an NIS America game for awhile now. Prinny PSP games make me want to tear my hair out. Although, I do plan to get Atelier Annie (DS) and Disgaea 4 (which I keep forgetting to get, as my backlog is bad enough as is).

It's a bit sad because part of what I loved about NIS were the Atelier and Ar Tonelico games, and the former is now being released by other companies now.
I'm pretty excited about Disgaea D2 and The Guided Fate Paradox! They've put out a few other good ones, too! But yeah, Last Rebellion, woof. I don't think they developed that, though, nor Time and Eternity, etc etc. Dear NISA: Please be more careful what you localize.

Yea, but Neptunia was by Idea Factory / Compile Heart, Last Rebellion was by Hit Maker, and TriUni was Gust / Idea Factory. Atelier is Toei.

The actual NIS games are the Disgaea games (and family), ZHP, and Guided Fate Paradox.

The actual NIS games are the Disgaea games (and family), ZHP, and Guided Fate Paradox.
Is that all? Thought they had more. To be fair, not every non-NIS game they publish is bad. I think Legasistisa (sorry can never remember the name!) looks pretty great, despite the confusing name...

Yeah.  Sorry you're sad though!

I'll tell you what's sad: I'm waiting for a big NISA sale so I can buy what I'm missing.  

To be fair, if I had more time/money I'd have gotten D2 and Guided Fate Paradox day one.  And if these games got a Vita release, I'd grab them, too.

Well probably.  I think I got Disgaea 3 Vita on PS+.  I guess when I think about it, I have been kind of a crap supporter of NISA, but my interest kind of waned with the Neptunia stuff (which I'd still buy for the right price), Mugen souls (ditto) and Last Rebellion (do not want) etc

(don't know why I'm talking to much)

Curious...for 2013, what is the best LE for Japanese niche games (US or Japan) that you purchased in 2013?

For me it was the AKB 1/149 Renai Sosenkyou set...10 DVD's, thick bikini book (feat. AKB48, SKE48, NMB48 and HKT48), many photo cards, etc.  You can purchase this set very cheap on eBay (anything under $75 is cheap and now, you can find it for $55 or so) minus the photos cards but you still get the game,  DVD's and the book.

11320534585_6a28e96aff_n.jpg

I wish I purchased the Macross 30 PS3 set:  http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hTKldCTvL.jpg

Probably the Guided Fate Paradox. Best deal was probably 20 bucks for Tales of Xilia LE.
Wish I received the Tales of Xillia LE instead of Vanilla but at least Amazon refunded my money and let me keep the game for free, so I'm cool with that. Part of me wished I purchased the Killer is Dead LE...

I'm go with tales of Xillia LE for $19.99 even though I've yet to open it. I am going with that limited edition based on factors all around.

I got some limited editions that have more swag but I really can't justify having an extra art book or soundtrack or stickers if the gameplay is lacking. Not to mention price. I stay away from those hundred dollar collector editions. Yeah there nice but I can't afford to have them collecting dust sitting on a shelf. The majority of my collection is in FL now and I am in CA. So I have to watch it with what type of collectors editions I get now. I have a whole lot less room to work with so I don't want collectors editions that come in boxes equal to the size of the system. Don't have the room for that now. Just happy with peace of mind that my collection is safe in FL.

I think it's last year, and granted I don't buy a lot of LEs, but I love the hardbound book that came with certain editions of Ni no Kuni.  That's my idea of a collector's edition limited special whatchacallit.  I don't remember what else came in the Wizard Edition because I sold it all, but I definitely kept that neat book.  Reminds me of the days when computer games all came with giant manuals.

I wonder if that means the FF:LR CE will be more limited than the past game. The last CE dropped in price pretty fast, so my initial thought was to hold out until a price drop for this CE, but that may not work out so well with it being exclusive to their store.

Man, all this talk about curry... I must be living the dream here in Japan, where the curry flows like really thick, delicious wine.
If Japan wasn't radioactive I would have to move there when I finish school. I still envy your curry, cherry blossoms, and snowy mountains within a days drive of a beach but I wouldn't understand the anime or games without English subtitles anyways.

Never had a problem with digital river over 10+ times used so I am perfectly fine with it.
Neither have I, but I'm not sure I'm like a lot of the collector's in here. One little corner is dinged up and they want to return it.. Other than that though, I've never had a crushed, or beat up shipment.

Digital Rivers: We will rape you and laugh the whole way through!

I probably will pass on this CE, as nice as it is, due to the risk of dealing with DR.

However, I am (kinda) still looking forward to the game - only because I played the first 2 in the trilogy.

DR lost my last order from them. Well, USPS lost it, but I wonder if DR shipped with the wrong address on the package.

Anyway.... they are at least responding to my emails, but slowly. Unfortunately, I asked for a refund and their most recent response had no text in the body of the email. It was just a blank response.

It's been posted already in the Official CE thread, but considering this is a JRPG:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/11/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-collectors-edition-announced/

I'm conflicted with this. If it had been listed on Amazon or Gamestop, I wouldn't hesitate to get a preorder in; however, it's exclusive to the SE online store, and IIRC, SE uses Digital River for its distribution.
How does DR keep getting business from these companies? Even if they were doing this for free, I'd think companies would want to separate themselves from this nightmare of a company.

If Japan wasn't radioactive I would have to move there when I finish school. I still envy your curry, cherry blossoms, and snowy mountains within a days drive of a beach but I wouldn't understand the anime or games without English subtitles anyways.
You'd probably need a visa and blah blah stuff too. I'm not sure how immigration works in Japan, but it's not an easy thing to expatriate, I've found. You could always teach English over there and stuff of course, though, so it's definitely easier for one of us folks to get to Japan (at least temporarily) than for a Japanese to come here, or for me to move to the UK (or even Canada for that matter).

The world is ludicrously complicated (I say, hopefully not dragging the topic to politics!).

Like I posted in the other thread, I ordered the FFXIV soundtrack from there before realizing it was DR. But it arrived earlier than expected with no issues.

As for charging, when i brought that they pinged my card, but it came back in a few days and was pulled after i received the package

I can't find the Bravely Default CE thread, so I'll post this here: Best Buy now has the CE up for preorder online at $49.99 ($39.99 for GCU members). Of course it appears after I used the $5 off $35 promo credit at Amazon to preorder the CE from there for $44.99... :bomb: :wall:

I can't find the Bravely Default CE thread, so I'll post this here: Best Buy now has the CE up for preorder online at $49.99 ($39.99 for GCU members). Of course it appears after I used the $5 off $35 promo credit at Amazon to preorder the CE from there for $44.99... :bomb: :wall:
Awww yeah :) Late, but definitely the best choice for me.

The Lightning Returns CE is overpriced for what it includes, and it's aS-E exclusive. I reaslly don't wanna buy it, but I probably will anyways. Too much of a sucker for Lightning.

bestbuy carries most CE now, the only problem is they are always the last ones to update it on their website

Just got my second Sorcery Saga LE. They shipped it the exact same damn way lol, atleast it was pristine this time
From Amazon? I preordered from Newegg to get the $10 off and when I emailed to ask them about putting it IN A BOX, they said it was out of their hands etc -_- UPS takes so freaken long and it hasn't even been shipped it... I'm hoping for a miracle with this one! I really don't want any hassles with returning it...

From Amazon? I preordered from Newegg to get the $10 off and when I emailed to ask them about putting it IN A BOX, they said it was out of their hands etc -_- UPS takes so freaken long and it hasn't even been shipped it... I'm hoping for a miracle with this one! I really don't want any hassles with returning it...
dont hold your breath getting it from newegg. They told me they got none and dont expect to get any until DEC 20 or later

i would reorder it from amazon for 45 but reviews say the game is only 10 to 15 hours long and very easy. Not worth my cash anymore

It doesn't look factory sealed.

I have at least 20 sealed psp games in my collection and they're sealed differently.

Both copies of Sweet Fuse (the original and the replacement) look like that so I'm guessing the seal is like that for this game.

I don't care for the seal but I want that necklace.

Guess I need to buy a copy off ebay or wait for a sale on arksys store.
If the necklace is the most important part, buy it from aksys directly. I ordered a copy of Sweet Fuse on cyber monday, along with the masamura limited. They got delayed by the storm, but it arrived today. I got both bonus items (necklace and fan) and the BLUE special plushie. I can also confirm that my necklace was not inside the Sweet Fuse game box, it was simply loose in the shipping box. I don't know how they packaged it for pre-order release though.

How does DR keep getting business from these companies? Even if they were doing this for free, I'd think companies would want to separate themselves from this nightmare of a company.
More people that have bad experiences need to file complaints with the BBB. Things like that have to open up the Publishers eyes, if anything can...

I would love to get the CE also :(

heads up for  those who got it from  NEWEGG  dont  look for your package anytime soon. After 2 hours on the phone wait  i was told

NEWEGG IS JUST NOW SHIPPING OUT ITEMS THAT WAS ORDERED  DEC  5    They are  a week or more behind  meaning these items will not ship  around  DEC 20 

heads up for those who got it from NEWEGG dont look for your package anytime soon. After 2 hours on the phone wait i was told

NEWEGG IS JUST NOW SHIPPING OUT ITEMS THAT WAS ORDERED DEC 5 They are a week or more behind meaning these items will not ship around DEC 20
So, Newegg is shipping the games NOW but at the same time, they're not shipping until Dec 20.

Makes perfect slidecage sense!

Unless you paid for release date delivery (which Newegg doesn't offer), it is only a day late in mailing.

And yes, they probably should have mail the games out a head of time.

A bigger concern is whether or not you'll receive the LE intact.

Newegg is really iffy at packing.

Great at times, awful whenever they feel like it.

The shipped out my 3DS XL in a bubble mailer.

So Good Luck.

One thing to keep in mind is that the storms/weather across the US backed up a lot of shipments. My UPS orders were all fine but FedEx orders took much longer than expected. 

Newegg ships a lot of stuff using FedEx so that might be why. 

Just took a shot at rolling the dice with ordering from DR.

Got a blank page with invisible text (if I highlight the page I see text telling me to wait a bit and nothing else) after hitting order, and no email.  But they pinged my credit card already...

fuckers.

The worst part is that I can't find ANY page that does "View orders" or anything like that from the Square-Enix shop page.  All the account links take me to an account that would be used to pay for their MMO's and crap.

EDIT:  Finally got an email confirming my order!  So yay... I guess.  It also came with a URL for looking up my order.  A URL that is not posted ANYWHERE on the store website.  Seriously.. what the fuck is going on over there?

You could tell off the rip that Hometown Story was gonna be garbage .
Yep, pretty much! If only I'd been able to tell before purchasing. I think there was actually a review up before I purchased it, too, but I didn't realize and thought it was a sure thing. Oh well. Live and learn. Live, waste money, regret it, cry, learn.

Put in a pre-order for the CE of FF XIII LR along with X/X-2 to get free shipping. Couldn't find anything I wanted for $10, which is how much the shipping was going to cost, so if I keep it I'll just cancel my pre-order with amazon.

Also pre-ordered Bravely Default CE from BB. Saving an extra $10 on that isn't too bad.

Thanks CAGs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back