Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The watch is high quality. You see a lot of other CEs out there that have stupid figurines and some lame poster for like $150-$200.

I think $90 for a high quality watch and hardback artbook, and exclusive DLC(if you even care about that kinda lame stuff) is good value for the price.

I was actually expecting it to be $100, so it was a little cheaper than anticipated.

The watch looks great to me.  Plus I am a sucker for a nice display box, so those two factors were enough to warrant a buy from me.  Display boxes, physical OSTs, and art books really speak to the collector in me.  The cheap trinkets you sometimes get, not so much, unless they are super unique.  But this watch seems really nice and solid.  

Not sure I will get my game when it comes out though.  To cash in on the free shipping I put in my order for the Lightning Returns CE and the FF X/X-2 CE in the same order.  (They were a xmas gift and didn't want the giver to pay more than they had to) Having to trust DR for an extra month with my Lightning Returns CE scares me. 

I will check out Demon Gaze, Own Dragon's Crown on PS3. No need to re-buy.

I have plans to buy Danganronpa, and I am getting Conecption II either on Vita or 3DS (don't know which one yet). Monster Monpiece I am going to hold off on. I seen videos of it and just no, lol...
Since you're interested in Danganronpa, I'd recommend Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and the first game in the series 999, but it's for the DS) if you don't already have it for the 3DS or haven't gotten it for free from PS+.

The watch looks great to me. Plus I am a sucker for a nice display box, so those two factors were enough to warrant a buy from me. Display boxes, physical OSTs, and art books really speak to the collector in me. The cheap trinkets you sometimes get, not so much, unless they are super unique. But this watch seems really nice and solid.

Not sure I will get my game when it comes out though. To cash in on the free shipping I put in my order for the Lightning Returns CE and the FF X/X-2 CE in the same order. (They were a xmas gift and didn't want the giver to pay more than they had to) Having to trust DR for an extra month with my Lightning Returns CE scares me.
I did the same (ordered the LRCE & X/X-2 CE together) and I'm not (too) worried. I'm hoping they don't stick to their word and just ship it out earlier anyway, but I don't think a few weeks are going to change much.

Since you're interested in Danganronpa, I'd recommend Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (and the first game in the series 999, but it's for the DS) if you don't already have it for the 3DS or haven't gotten it for free from PS+.

I did the same (ordered the LRCE & X/X-2 CE together) and I'm not (too) worried. I'm hoping they don't stick to their word and just ship it out earlier anyway, but I don't think a few weeks are going to change much.
Thanks for the tips. I know I missed out on 999, and Virtue's Last Reward. Seriously need to pick them up sometime. Honestly I am interested in any good Japanese game for the Vita.

I got the 3DS, PS3, PS4 and WiiU covered games wise. Did not know much about the Vita.

Thanks for the tips. I know I missed out on 999, and Virtue's Last Reward. Seriously need to pick them up sometime. Honestly I am interested in any good Japanese game for the Vita.

I got the 3DS, PS3, PS4 and WiiU covered games wise. Did not know much about the Vita.
maybe try soul sacrafice

I would be excited if persona 5 was anything more than vapor ware currently. give me a gameplay trailer, release date, major improvements to gameplay and I'll be excited. until then there's nothing to be excited about.
What? persona 5 is coming out this winter

Are there English subs in the Japanese version? I would rather import this than go through the Square Enix Online Store, lol.
No English subtitles but there are Chinese subtitles. Luckily I know just enough verbal Japanese to be able to play games like these where everything is read out loud for you (Like in Xillia). Sadly games like the Atelier series require reading knowledge so I can't import it.

No English subtitles but there are Chinese subtitles. Luckily I know just enough verbal Japanese to be able to play games like these where everything is read out loud for you (Like in Xillia). Sadly games like the Atelier series require reading knowledge so I can't import it.
That sucks. It's just I want the game, but I don't want to deal with Digital River, lol. Hell I would even pay a $5 premium for it if I could get it at GS over DR.

That sucks. It's just I want the game, but I don't want to deal with Digital River, lol. Hell I would even pay a $5 premium for it if I could get it at GS over DR.
Yeah..I read Digital River is a nightmare. I was going to pre-order the CL for Lightning Returns but when I saw that Digital River ran it, I opted out. I guess I'll stalk Ebay for the Aerith DLC since that's actually the only reason I want the CL. Silver watch is just a bonus.

Ludger can actually be removed from party during from the party during NG+.

Hm..I ordered Drakengard 3 Japanese version off Amazon. No way I can wait till December 31st for the localized version when I don't haven't had a single game to play in a month :X
lol december 31st is definitely not the release date. thats just a placeholder.

I ordered separately, even though it's more for shipping, just knowing it's Digital River... I didn't want to take the risk :/ I would've added Drakengard 3 too, but I want to hear more on its availability, and who knows when it'll even be out.

Is the original Persona for PSP worth a look? Thinking about grabbing maybe that and Persona 3 Portable this paycheck (already have P2 for PSP).

Also I am assuming there wouldn't be any good deals on them right?

Is the original Persona for PSP worth a look? Thinking about grabbing maybe that and Persona 3 Portable this paycheck (already have P2 for PSP).

Also I am assuming there wouldn't be any good deals on them right?
P1 and P2 are much more strict dungeon crawlers and haven't aged well. P3P is pretty close to P4G but is generally regarded as having a better story.

There's supposed to be a Persona sale this week, so wait to buy.

P1 and P2 are much more strict dungeon crawlers and haven't aged well. P3P is pretty close to P4G but is generally regarded as having a better story.

There's supposed to be a Persona sale this week, so wait to buy.
I'd like to see a site review all franchises like this for people wanting to try a new series. A few sentences summarizing and noting differences, and a recommendation entry title. Would save hours of researching and reading reviews for something like the atelier series...

Lightning Returns

Bravely Default

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD

Tales of Xillia 2

Persona 5

Atelier Escha & Logy

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace

Conception II

Witcher 3

Dragon Age 3

Elder Scrolls Online

Maybe: Fable Anniversary

These are the titles I'm excited about.

It's looking like a good year for RPG's.

My fav genre

I haven't played Persona 1 or 2 yet, but I've looked into them. I think 3 is a GREAT starting point for Persona games.

Personally, I'd suggest the PS2/PS2 classics version if not too inconvenient, because it maintains the cinematics. P3P has some advantages too though. Most obviously being portable. You can also play as a female for a slightly different perspective. I believe in P3P you can issue commands directly to your teammates, whereas in 3 you can only set "tactics" and hope for the best in a few situations.

In my opinion, 4 has the best characters and 3 has the best story.

What? persona 5 is coming out this winter
well that's new. surprised this info wasn't out and big back when it was announced. to be fair I don't go on ign so of course I wouldn't of heard about it. still that's nice to know that it has a guestimated release quarter. barring no delays it could be out by next year though :/

If they plan on releasing it this year though I'm surprised there's nothing to go on.

Yeah..I read Digital River is a nightmare. I was going to pre-order the CL for Lightning Returns but when I saw that Digital River ran it, I opted out. I guess I'll stalk Ebay for the Aerith DLC since that's actually the only reason I want the CL. Silver watch is just a bonus.
I heard the same but you wont know until you actually order from them. My tales of graces I order shipped the same day and came 2 days later with all the bells and whistles and even the same type of box used from amazon prime. Though my experience may of just been luck who knows as it could just as easily be a vocal minority who dislikes digital river and had issues with them.

as for persona 3 portable its the definitive version and far more enjoyable from the femc's route. as nice as cutscenes are they aren't everything. Its sad that p3p lacks in the visual representation department but hey what can ya do? I bought mine from awd. have to check and see what the price was but it was brand new and I don't think it was any higher than 14.

edit checked my order details and it was 9.99 on october 15th not counting shipping from shark distributers. I was confused because it showed up on awd.

The watch is high quality. You see a lot of other CEs out there that have stupid figurines and some lame poster for like $150-$200.

I think $90 for a high quality watch and hardback artbook, and exclusive DLC(if you even care about that kinda lame stuff) is good value for the price.

I was actually expecting it to be $100, so it was a little cheaper than anticipated.
OK, you talked me into it. :p Just placed an order, put in a copy of the Tomb Raider Trilogy as filler so I wouldn't have to pay shipping.

While I can see the appeal, I can't really say I'd enjoy paying that much for stuff I'd set aside and never really use (except the DLC); sure, the watch is high-quality, but who even uses a watch like that nowadays? I'd probably just sell the extras if/once their value rises, but who's to say they'll become that valuable?

If you're interested in the CE anyway, then more power to you. :)

I haven't played Persona 1 or 2 yet, but I've looked into them. I think 3 is a GREAT starting point for Persona games.

Personally, I'd suggest the PS2/PS2 classics version if not too inconvenient, because it maintains the cinematics. P3P has some advantages too though. Most obviously being portable. You can also play as a female for a slightly different perspective. I believe in P3P you can issue commands directly to your teammates, whereas in 3 you can only set "tactics" and hope for the best in a few situations.

In my opinion, 4 has the best characters and 3 has the best story.
I actually played 4. Reason I want the PSP version of 3 is because you control your party, and I never played 3. I was curious on 1, I got 2 on a whim because the LE was $20 at a gamestop and I couldn't pass that up with the soundtrack.

I actually played 4. Reason I want the PSP version of 3 is because you control your party, and I never played 3. I was curious on 1, I got 2 on a whim because the LE was $20 at a gamestop and I couldn't pass that up with the soundtrack.
I remember that deal. I REALLY wish I got it when I saw it.

You can just get the PS2 version of Persona 3. I preferred it over the PSP version.

You just get the PS2 version of Persona 3. I preferred it over the PSP version.
The PS2 version of Persona 3 (FES version that is) also comes with "The Answer" with some hours of additional content as a sort of "side story" kind of situation for those who haven't played it or have only played the psp version. I am glad I played the PS2 version (which was before the psp version came out) because I liked the cinematic bits that had to be taken out in the psp version.

I liked the psp version because you got to control your party which made combat a lot easier and enjoyable, no worrying if someone is going to heal me and wind up having to do it myself or members doing stupid debuffs when they could have finished off an enemy.

Need some help from fellow CAGs on getting the best price from Amazon on The Witch and the Hundred Knight.

What I need: Your Amazon email and your Amazon order number with the $20 price.

What's in it for you: $5 (payment method of your choice)

Basically an Amazon rep says I can get the $20 price too with this method. The details are below.

You receive the $5 if Amazon gives me the $20 price. Otherwise you get nothing. Be aware of this before you agree to help.

Amazon CSR transcript:

Initial Question: The Amazon pre-order price guarantee means that if a price is lowered after I pre-order, I receive the lower price without action on my part.

I have heard other Amazon customers have a lower price for their pre-orders of this item. Is it true? Can you check this? Why don't I have this price? I think it was around $20 and this price was offered in Nov 2013.

04:41 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Hello, my name is Nadeem. I'll be happy to help you today!
04:42 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): I am sorry for the inconvenience. Can I get the order number, please?
04:42 PM(GMT) Jack: 104-3120542-1802615
04:43 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Thank you.
The item is "The Witch and the Hundred Knights", right?
04:44 PM(GMT) Jack: Correct.
04:44 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Thank you.
Jack, I have checked and found that the price has not been dropped. When you ordered it was $39.96 and now the current price of the item is $49.96.
04:45 PM(GMT) Jack: Would it help if I had the email of an Amazon customer with a lower price on this item?
04:46 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Can I have the email, please?
That would be great.
04:46 PM(GMT) Jack: I am sorry I do not have it now. I will contact Amazon again at another time when I do.
Thanks for your time today.
04:47 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Thank you so much for your patience.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
04:47 PM(GMT) Jack: Would it help if I had that customer's order number, too?
04:47 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Yes, that will also help. I'll offer you the same price then.
04:47 PM(GMT) Jack: Okay, thanks for your time, you've been a great help.

Need some help from fellow CAGs on getting the best price from Amazon on The Witch and the Hundred Knight.

Basically an Amazon rep says I can get the $20 price too with this method. The details are below.

You receive the $5 if Amazon gives me the $20 price. Otherwise you get nothing. Be aware of this before you agree to help.

Amazon CSR transcript:

Initial Question: The Amazon pre-order price guarantee means that if a price is lowered after I pre-order, I receive the lower price without action on my part.

I have heard other Amazon customers have a lower price for their pre-orders of this item. Is it true? Can you check this? Why don't I have this price? I think it was around $20 and this price was offered in Nov 2013.

04:41 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Hello, my name is Nadeem. I'll be happy to help you today!
04:42 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): I am sorry for the inconvenience. Can I get the order number, please?
04:42 PM(GMT) Jack: 104-3120542-1802615
04:43 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Thank you.
The item is "The Witch and the Hundred Knights", right?
04:44 PM(GMT) Jack: Correct.
04:44 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Thank you.
Jack, I have checked and found that the price has not been dropped. When you ordered it was $39.96 and now the current price of the item is $49.96.
04:45 PM(GMT) Jack: Would it help if I had the email of an Amazon customer with a lower price on this item?
04:46 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Can I have the email, please?
That would be great.
04:46 PM(GMT) Jack: I am sorry I do not have it now. I will contact Amazon again at another time when I do.
Thanks for your time today.
04:47 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Thank you so much for your patience.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?
04:47 PM(GMT) Jack: Would it help if I had that customer's order number, too?
04:47 PM(GMT) Mohamad N(CSA): Yes, that will also help. I'll offer you the same price then.
04:47 PM(GMT) Jack: Okay, thanks for your time, you've been a great help.
Sorry, but you're asking us to help you cheat Amazon out of $20. You missed the preorder window at that price. It sucks, but it happens. Deal with it.

well that's new. surprised this info wasn't out and big back when it was announced. to be fair I don't go on ign so of course I wouldn't of heard about it. still that's nice to know that it has a guestimated release quarter. barring no delays it could be out by next year though :/

If they plan on releasing it this year though I'm surprised there's nothing to go on.
It was pretty big when it was announced back in November. You don't have to follow IGN. Persona 5's Announcement was picked up by a lot of Video Game Sites such as Kotaku, Destructoid, Siliconera, Hardcoregamer, etc.

The only gameplay Atlus teased with their big Persona Announcement was Persona 4 Dancing All Night and Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. You only got a Teaser Trailer for 5 and the Release Date.

CamelCamelCamel tracks amazon prices and has the $20 price for witch and the hundred knights listed. try showing them that.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/The-Witch-Hundred-Knight-Playstation-3/product/B007PNBU0Y?context=browse

I've seen this debate before. Nobody can agree on P3 FES vs P3P.

Solution: they should release a new Vita version, with the improved party control and female MC of P3P, and the full cutscenes and overworld of FES. Of course some would balk at a fourth revision but hell, I'd buy it.

Solution: they should release a new Vita version, with the improved party control and female MC of P3P, and the full cutscenes and overworld of FES. Of course some would balk at a fourth revision but hell, I'd buy it.
I'd want a FES type epilogue for the FeMC if they did that.

I decided to give it a shot for the Witch and Hundred Knights with the game. 

"Me:

So it is a no-go on the price match if I decide to order it?
Just checking since I saw it was previously at that price when I was looking at a price tracker

Alex M.:I'm afraid I can't honor the price match. Since the items previous price was already few months back and we only honor price drop refund when you place an order. and the price drop within 7 days."

Darn, there was a 7 day window I could have did the price match, wish I knew that earlier.

Heck, I'd just be happy if you could play PS2 classics on the Vita - then I'd just play FES there.  For the life of me I can't figure out why they haven't implemented this yet, it would add a ton of titles to the Vita's library instantly.  I only own 4-5 PS2 classics right now, but there are many more I'd buy in a heartbeat if they made this happen.  

EDIT:  Concerning the W&THK $20 price, I had mine preordered long before that but my order doesn't reflect the lower price.  I contacted them and they claim the price will adjust when it ships.  A CAG was nice enough to send me a screenshot of his order, plus I kept a transcript of that conversation I had with the customer service rep, so if they try to weasel out of it I'm ready.  ;)

EDIT: Concerning the W&THK $20 price, I had mine preordered long before that but my order doesn't reflect the lower price. I contacted them and they claim the price will adjust when it ships. A CAG was nice enough to send me a screenshot of his order, plus I kept a transcript of that conversation I had with the customer service rep, so if they try to weasel out of it I'm ready. ;)
I'll have to bother someone if my order from May 24, 2012 doesn't auto-adjust =P

Just got my Soldier Outfit dlc code sent to my email for Lightning Returns from DR. I guess that means they are not waiting until the 11th to ship my CE (we will see I guess!)

OK, you talked me into it. :p Just placed an order, put in a copy of the Tomb Raider Trilogy as filler so I wouldn't have to pay shipping.
I think you made the right choice. I'm a huge RPG fan, it's where I buy 90% of my games, and I guarantee you if this sold out and became rare, you'd suddenly really want a copy. Might as well buy one while you can.

I figure at least it's a good value. Sold separately, the artbook and watch will at least be $15 each. Combine that with the game and you get pure value, but I actually think you are saving, because the watch is probably worth more than that. Those cheap Virtue's Last Reward dollar store quality watches went for a ton on ebay.

You're right, I would regret it if I passed and that's what pushed me over the edge.  Plus, for some reason I was thinking the artbook was paperback.  Besides, that watch should look nice hanging next to my Chrono Cross preorder clock.  :D

I don't think I've ever gotten this many CE's in such a short time tho - Bravely Default, LR, Symphonia, X/X-2 HD and Demon Gaze.  Plus I plan on picking up the Elder Scrolls Online CE in June.  Madness!  

Just got my Soldier Outfit dlc code sent to my email for Lightning Returns from DR. I guess that means they are not waiting until the 11th to ship my CE (we will see I guess!)
I'm slightly hyped for when Amazon will ship my actual game. Kind of bored atm since I don't have anything to play, and haven't had anything to play since I finished Atelier Ayesha. Not expecting my Drakengard 3 copy for at least 2 weeks cause import times =/

I'd definitely buy it too. That would be great.

Better yet, do a trilogy. P1, 2, 3:FES + P3P improvements, P4:G all in one Vita package. -drool-

I'd definitely buy it too. That would be great.

Better yet, do a trilogy. P1, 2, 3:FES + P3P improvements, P4:G all in one Vita package. -drool-
No no, just do a SMT collection. All the PS2 SMT games including Nocturne, and Persona 1-4.

A man can dream.

Although they should goddamn re-release Nocturne, it's about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back