Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular Drakengard 3 order for me. Played #2 and got 1 from Gamestop recently, didn't play Nier though but will have to someday. This pre-order DLC thing like they have is bull but whatever....after that new trailer I likely need the Japanese voiceovers...sounded terrible haha.

Ah, I assumed the shipping would be the same crazy amount regardless. But I still believe you could recoup most of that difference just by selling the DLC if you wanted.
I'm torn as well because I really liked the first 2 games. I'm a sucker for soundtracks and artbooks so this CE is really enticing, even at the $30 extra. With the way I've spent like a drunken sailor with NIS CE/LE's lately though, ~$90 seems a little overboard (though I may still do it because of the relatively small LE print size). But one thing is for sure, I definitely want japanese VO. I was playing a little bit of dead or alive 5 yesterday and the english vocals were horrid.

Don't know if this the best place to ask, but has anyone heard anything bad about the ps vita version of FFX/FFX-2? I am leaning towards getting the Vita version, but I am worried it won't be as polished as the PS3 version.

Does Digital River charge now or when it ships?
If you pay with PayPal then they will charge when you order. If you pay with a credit card they will put the initial pending charge on your card (remove it in a day or so) and actually charge your card when the item ships.

Don't know if this the best place to ask, but has anyone heard anything bad about the ps vita version of FFX/FFX-2? I am leaning towards getting the Vita version, but I am worried it won't be as polished as the PS3 version.
The only thing I've heard about the vita version is that X-2 is a download code, so if you get it for vita, you'll need enough memory card space to download it.

Does Digital River even give a confirmation email or receipt? All I got is PayPal's confirmation, but nothing from Digital River themselves yet for the preorder. Not looking forward to having them screw me over near release date...

Does Digital River even give a confirmation email or receipt? All I got is PayPal's confirmation, but nothing from Digital River themselves yet for the preorder. Not looking forward to having them screw me over near release date...
I got my confirmation something like 15-30 minutes after I actually placed my order. Keep your eyes open and only start worrying if you don't see something within the next couple hours.

You will get the confirmation in a bit. Not that a confirmation really means anything to Digital River. See Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition for reference.

Anyone else having some trouble with the Square-Enix site checking out? Trying to complete the pre-order of Drakengard 3 just loops me back to my cart with the option to checkout again even though I clicked confirm order.

Anyone else having some trouble with the Square-Enix site checking out? Trying to complete the pre-order of Drakengard 3 just loops me back to my cart with the option to checkout again even though I clicked confirm order.
I had this problem on a previous order. You're trying to click the PayPal button, I'm guessing?

If so, don't.

Hit the normal checkout button, and then when it asks you to choose a payment method you can choose paypal there.

Okay thanks for the tip. Never bought from Square-Enix's store but I'm left with no choice. But now im getting login issues and they're telling me i should make a new account to check out >_>.

So I'm interested in preordering Drakengard 3. i don't want to run into the issues I did like with DJ Max Vita where finding a physical copy became absurdly expensive. Does square take your money up front?

Yeah that is my concern but then again Square games usually have large print runs. Who knows maybe they will expect this to sell 6 million copies!
They may be hoping it sells a lot...digitally. If they thought it was going to sell well at retail they would be selling the physical version at other retail stores. There is no way this game is going to have a big print run at all - as I see it they're pretty much just doing a physical version for their core fans.

For some reason I was always holding out hoping for a physical release of Drakengard 3 from any other place, but this CE seals the deal. Digital River here I come.

Well **** me, $12 shipping. $80 CE sounds good, even though it's a $50 game, but $92 stings.

Drakengard 3 is my most anticipated game this year, so I'm breaking both my personal CE and MSRP release rules.

do you guys know why Drakengard 3 is only release through psn, and square enix online store? is it because of the horrible sales that Nier got? since both games share the same director Yoko Taro?

I've never played a Drakengard game, nor have I played Nier. I guess I should with the fanatical ravings Nier seems to get. Drakengard 1 and 2 aren't going to happen unless they show up on PSN at some point, though.

I've never played a Drakengard game, nor have I played Nier. I guess I should with the fanatical ravings Nier seems to get. Drakengard 1 and 2 aren't going to happen unless they show up on PSN at some point, though.
When I heard the release of Drakengard 3, I was really hoping for an HD version of 1 & 2 since I haven't played them either. I loved Nier, and I heard some things kinda mix with Drakengard. Since Cavia is no more, I don't really know how that would be possible if at all. I don't really know how that works.

Per Neogaf posts it looks like the western release of Drakengard will be censored, as many in this thread will be pleased to find out.

I came to post the CE is available at square enix, but I see it's already been posted. I bought 2 of them to get the free shipping and so I can keep one sealed.

How do you get this distructoid coupon to work?  I click the link in the Destructoid article and it says I need to follow the link from Destructoid. Any help here?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first two were censored, so I'm not too surprised that they censored the 3rd. 

Wonder if XSEED would have censored it, if they were the ones bringing it over.

Ugh, digital river.

I preordered the CE for DG3,

RIGHT after I pre-order with my Credit Card, I get this email

"Dear Valued Square Enix Customer,

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account."

Ugh, digital river.

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account."
Feels dirty using Digital River doesn't it? Makes it feel even more dirty using Square-Enix....I hope my Regular Edition goes through and I hope I never order through them again. At least Natsume and Namco, whom use digital river, don't have storefronts that are just terrible. At least when I ordered there (ordered from both at least once) I knew my order went through for the moment at least.

The first two were censored, so I'm not too surprised that they censored the 3rd.

Wonder if XSEED would have censored it, if they were the ones bringing it over.
Yeah I definitely remember hearing about some things that were censored, especially in the first game.

But in this day and age, with such an obscure game that's getting such a minimal release, what's the point? I'm not one to get all riled up over censorship (I mean, sure, it's bad, but I can't work up to much rage over loli's or whatever) but for this game it just seems totally unnecessary.

Ugh, digital river.

Happens to me every single time I make an order. I had to change my PW like 5 times in the last year.

According to the blog post the S-E rep posted today on Sony's blog, the physical release is exclusive to their online store for NA.

I definitely want the physical release of this game at least, so I'm looking at a $30 difference to get the CE. I think I see that much value there (heck, the CE DLC codes by themselves will probably fetch close to that on ebay). Would like to know the size of that poster, but I'm in regardless.
On the PS blog post:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/05/drakengard-3-launching-on-may-20th-for-ps3-collectors-edition-revealed/comment-page-2/#comment-946095

Sakura Minamida on February 5th, 2014 at 9:20 pm said:

The poster is about 22.5″ x 16.25″ give or take!

NIS gives you 245 reward points for $49.99 and you need 500 for the $5 certificate. What a joke. Anywho my paypal payment went through - do they charge everyone early or just paypal? 

NIS gives you 245 reward points for $49.99 and you need 500 for the $5 certificate. What a joke. Anywho my paypal payment went through - do they charge everyone early or just paypal?
This probably isn't helping, but I was charged for Danganronpa over paypal yesterday. My friend told me it got good reviews so I'm eager to see it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back