Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Blazblue Fans (if this hasn't been mentioned yet).

BB:CP will get a English Vita release and Xblaze has also been announced as well. Tnx, based Aksys, lol. (Both titles are scheduled to release summer 2014).

http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/02/10/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-for-playstationvita-coming-summer-2014/

http://www.aksysgames.com/2014/02/11/xblaze-code-embryo-coming-to-north-america/

Amazon only has X-Blaze shown for preorder ATM on both the PS3/PSV for $40 each. With a placeholder date for 6/24.
This looks promising. Never played a Blazblue game. Wasn't expecting a physical release.

Just a heads up for those getting or planning to get Lightning Returns, the japanese voice over DLC is free until 2/25, after that it's $3.99. If you don't plan on buying it for a while, you can still "buy" the free dlc now to download later.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/11/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-dlc-prices-revealed/
Have to remember this one.

Purchased the japanese VO... thanks to the poster above for letting us know.

Does anyone know if target's steelbook packaging also comes with the generic blu-ray case inside? I'm guessing that it doesnt, but I just wanted to be sure. Anyone else other than the CE from Square have the steelbook?
CE doesn't have a steel book I believe

Target came packaged like the Tomb Raider one.

Full Slipcover and Steelbook with game and DLC.

CE came with new regular game and Aerith DLC in the game box.

After selling the extra Cloud dlc & the game that came w/ the CE (minus the Aerith code) I nearly broke even on picking up the steelbook copy from Target.  Might be out $5-$7 or so after ebay fees & shipping.  

Too bad that JP VO isn't retroactive. We already had 2 games with ENG VO.

4.7 gigs? Wow, that has to be all the lip syncing work they put into it.

Too bad that JP VO isn't retroactive. We already had 2 games with ENG VO.

4.7 gigs? Wow, that has to be all the lip syncing work they put into it.
It's great for people like myself who bought the Asian versions of the first 2 parts though. They had Japanese VO with English & Chinese subs. This last Asian release of FF13:LR had Japanese VO, but didn't have English subs. So this made me very happy they brought them over to the US.

I thought the demo was awesome.

The Final Fantasy series just needs to become more like the Tales of series now.
I thought it was so bad I didn't even bother finishing it. After having played the first two which were quite mediocre, that demo then reviews of how the game plays and discussions of the timer, I'm completely turned off. I can't stand timers.

I thought it was so bad I didn't even bother finishing it. After having played the first two which were quite mediocre, that demo then reviews of how the game plays and discussions of the timer, I'm completely turned off. I can't stand timers.
I'm used to timers since I've played quite a few games from the Atelier series.

"I loved XIII-2, and the demo is exactly what you get with the full game. "

the demo is modded so you have better drop rates and such so exactly what you get is bs.

as for ff13-3 they say the easy mode makes the timer not as much of an issue as the other difficulty. hell some people rec just to sleep through the 1st playthrough and go straight to ng+

the demo is modded so you have better drop rates and such so exactly what you get is bs.

as for ff13-3 they say the easy mode makes the timer not as much of an issue as the other difficulty. hell some people rec just to sleep through the 1st playthrough and go straight to ng+
Some people just don't want to fuck with that bullshit and are skipping it altogether. I'll read the synopsis of it and watch the ending on YouTube in a week.

My Dangan Ronpa came damaged from NIS :whistle2:(

They didn't use a box this time. It's in one of those fold-over shippers that Amazon and Barnes and Nobles used for books, i.e.

SC002C.jpg

Mine Danganronpa CE came today too and had a slight crease.... NISA is usually excellent about there packaging too...though I did get a damaged Atelier Totori game once.

Mine too came today and had a slight crease.... NISA is usually excellent about there packaging too...though I did get a damaged Atelier Totori game once.
This is only the second time I got something damaged from them, not counting the weird goo under Neptunia Victory's shrinkwrap.

Edit: Last one that got damaged was Mugen Souls, but they have tons of those lying around anyways.

I honestly can't tell whether it was from the shipping or whether it was from the mailman cramming the thing into my mailbox.

my Danganronpa CE was also crushed on top and bottom. They used this cheap mailer here. ULINE S-1612

It's scored for variable height so might as well be a bubble envelope.

weird got an email saying my Danganronpa order at BBY is delayed, possibly canceled. Anyone else get this? I have the CE shipped from NISA but ordered vanilla version at BBY a week or two ago

weird got an email saying my Danganronpa order at BBY is delayed, possibly canceled. Anyone else get this? I have the CE shipped from NISA but ordered vanilla version at BBY a week or two ago
I got that email yesterday (Wednesday) morning, but I also got an email that evening saying my copy shipped, plus I got an email from UPS saying that it should arrive today (Thursday). Hopefully yours will ship out soon.

I honestly can't tell whether it was from the shipping or whether it was from the mailman cramming the thing into my mailbox.
My copy wasn't crammed and still had a "smoosh" crease on the seam. I think it's just the flimsy cardboard of the box getting shrinkwrapped that caused it, still it's a pretty neat set, even though I wouldn't buy the extras for $10, imo. I love getting NIS CEs, it's like the cheese of the month club.

my Danganronpa CE was also crushed on top and bottom. They used this cheap mailer here. ULINE S-1612

That's a damn shame a niche company like NISA would ship such a limited item in such a poor manner. You would think if anyone would know how much such an item would mean to fans, it would be them. Sadly, at the end of the day, I guess their no different than Amazon. They want to ship cheap, and make as much profit as possible. Mine are due to arrive today, so I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Is it safe to assume they don't have qty set aside for damages right?

That's a damn shame a niche company like NISA would ship such a limited item in such a poor manner. You would think if anyone would know how much such an item would mean to fans, it would be them. Sadly, at the end of the day, I guess their no different than Amazon. They want to ship cheap, and make as much profit as possible. Mine are due to arrive today, so I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Is it safe to assume they don't have qty set aside for damages right?
Depends on how many were damaged, they may be forced to do reprints of the CE (sans game) just for the damages.

My LE for Danganronpa isn't shipping until the LE for Witch and the Hundred Knight ships, because I was silly and ordered them together. Perhaps it's for the better, if they both end up coming in a box.

Due to replays of the demo & false starts on the final game I played that first segment at least 3-4 times and I never noticed any significant differences between the demo & full game. Even if there were better drop rates in the demo, so what? Does that really make the demo unrepresentative of how the final game plays?

I hope everyone who received a damage package let's them know. I'm not at home but my mom assures me its perfect so needless to say I don't know for sure it got damaged. Hopefully they use a box for Demon Gaze.

My Dangan Ronpa came damaged from NIS :whistle2:( They didn't use a box this time. It's in one of those fold-over shippers that Amazon and Barnes and Nobles used for books, i.e.
SC002C.jpg
Mine arrived damaged too. :( I hope this crappy shipping isn't a new trend for NISA, their shipping previous to this has been excellent. I've contacted them and hopefully I can at least get a new box from them.

I hope everyone who received a damage package let's them know. I'm not at home but my mom assures me its perfect so needless to say I don't know for sure it got damaged. Hopefully they use a box for Demon Gaze.
Just what I was thinking - I didn't get in on the Dangan Ronpa CE, but I hope they learn their lesson & don't repeat with Demon Gaze since I imagine it will be about the same size box...

My Daganronpa LE hasent even come yet :/ Still says departed Texas....Not happy with NIS this time around. Also says should of been here as of yesterday

My Daganronpa LE hasent even come yet :/ Still says departed Texas....Not happy with NIS this time around. Also says should of been here as of yesterday
Mine is in Texas too, but we got ice and snow out the ass here in Georgia. So I'll be lucky if I get this or my Samsung Galaxy S4 in the mail anytime soon. -_-

USPS just dropped off my Danganronpa CE this morning, and it also came in this cheap mailer with no protection whatsoever. When I saw that some of the mailer's sides were crushed, I knew there would be some damage to the CE. The top and left sides are creased all the way through, with part of the left side indented. The design of the CE box is similar to the one used for the SMT IV LE, so the material is weak to begin with. I'd imagine most people will have some form of damage to their CE's if NISA shipped them in similar fashion. Just by looking at the open side, I can also see that the jewel case for the soundtrack is cracked in places, and I'm assuming the other side of the art book is damaged, as it would be in the same location where the outer box is indented.

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed with this experience. This is the first time I've ever purchased something from NISA's online store, but I've only ever heard good things about them. Would be a shame if they start to cheap out on shipping going forward, especially as I have both LE's for The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Demon Gaze currently preordered. I will try contacting them after work today to see if they have any replacement copies before I open mine. With the actual game looking like the only thing I received undamaged, I don't think I got my money's worth from that $10 markup :whistle2:(

Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed with this experience. This is the first time I've ever purchased something from NISA's online store, but I've only ever heard good things about them. Would be a shame if they start to cheap out on shipping going forward, especially as I have both LE's for The Witch and the Hundred Knight and Demon Gaze currently preordered. I will try contacting them after work today to see if they have any replacement copies before I open mine. With the actual game looking like the only thing I received undamaged, I don't think I got my money's worth from that $10 markup :whistle2:(
I don't know why your emoticon changed when quoted, lol.

They usually are very good... This is really the first time they dropped the ball like this.

Edit: The emoticon changes only in edit mode... weird.

Guys, please immediately send an e-mail to NIS to let them know this isn't acceptable and that you expect a replacement at their expense (i.e. they need to pay return shipping and provide a properly packaged replacement).  It looks like nobody has even complained on their own fan forums yet.  

It would be good to let them know about this negative feedback as far as shipping goes. I didn't order Danganronpa, as I don't yet own a Vita, but I order lots of games from them. I'd hate for my Witch and The Hundred Knights to be fucked up during transit.

Guys, please immediately send an e-mail to NIS to let them know this isn't acceptable and that you expect a replacement at their expense (i.e. they need to pay return shipping and provide a properly packaged replacement). It looks like nobody has even complained on their own fan forums yet.
When I looked last night, there were at least two people complaining about damaged boxes. I emailed them last night as well.

Its a shame NIS has had so many damaged packages and upset customers. I only hope they do a little better job when it comes to shipping out my "The Witch and the Hundred Knight." 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back