Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, does anyone have a spare play-asia discount code?  I have Tales of Innocence R and Senran Kagura just idling sitting in my cart, waiting for a little bit of a discount...  

Thank you in advance.  

Ugh, I had my game sent to my brother's house because I'm temporarily living out of state. After asking my brother it seems as if trigger happy came damaged (crushed at the top). I don't want to bother him with making a return for me so it seems like I'm stuck with a damaged copy. Thanks a lot NISA. If this happens again with witch and the hundred knights, which I have pre-ordered, then it will be the last thing I buy from them....

Yeah, about the NISA shipping problem, I just fear how they're gonna handle the Hundred Knight/Fairy Fencer F/Demon Gaze (and other NISA) LE's once they're out. I fear what might happen to them, unless get it right this time and ship it from their own wherehouse instead of a 3rd party distrubutor.

Other than that, things happen, and they should fix it.
This is the first time I've ordered a CE (witch and the hundred knight, Demon Gaze) by itself. After reading the stories you all posted about DR, I'm considering buying 2 again just so they have to pack it in a box. Hopefully it's not crushed in a bubble mailer. I remember NISA had some issues with shipping a few years back before they cleaned up their act. Crossing my fingers, but I'm not at all hopefully that my future orders come in good shape.

Yeah, well, I haven't actually ordered from NISA directly or anything, what you quoted was an example if NISA doesn't fix their problem if their new title LE's, just hoping your order comes in safely once its out, and not in seperate packages, rather both in a box, with extra protection, lol. :3

I heard back from NISA support about my damaged Danganronpa LE...

"Firstly, I would like to apologize about your damaged Danganronpa LE. We are currently working with a new warehouse located in Texas to ship out all of our current and new pre-orders and unfortunately, they did not provide the bubble wrap used in previous packages that we sent out. Again, NIS America sincerely apologizes for this matter and I hope it has not been too much of an inconvenience.

If you do plan an opening your Danganronpa LE, we can go ahead and send you an outer box replacement right away. We will also make sure to use protective bubble wrap when sending out outer box replacements for Danganronpa LEs. But if you wanted to keep your Danganronpa LE within its factory seal, please go ahead and contact us at your earliest convenience, so we can further assist you with this matter."

Since I do want to open it and play the game, I replied that just sending a new outer box would be fine. I did also mention in my reply that I'm concerned about future orders being shipped with inadequate protection. I haven't received an answer to my reply yet, but I think we all need to let them know our packaging concerns so we don't have to go through this again.

I heard back from NISA support about my damaged Danganronpa LE...

"Firstly, I would like to apologize about your damaged Danganronpa LE. We are currently working with a new warehouse located in Texas to ship out all of our current and new pre-orders and unfortunately, they did not provide the bubble wrap used in previous packages that we sent out. Again, NIS America sincerely apologizes for this matter and I hope it has not been too much of an inconvenience.

If you do plan an opening your Danganronpa LE, we can go ahead and send you an outer box replacement right away. We will also make sure to use protective bubble wrap when sending out outer box replacements for Danganronpa LEs. But if you wanted to keep your Danganronpa LE within its factory seal, please go ahead and contact us at your earliest convenience, so we can further assist you with this matter."

Since I do want to open it and play the game, I replied that just sending a new outer box would be fine. I did also mention in my reply that I'm concerned about future orders being shipped with inadequate protection. I haven't received an answer to my reply yet, but I think we all need to let them know our packaging concerns so we don't have to go through this again.
Well that explains a lot. I got my LE a lot faster than normal and noticed it wasn't packed nearly as well as normal.

Years back, NISA did use Digital River. They've since rectified that, and it's been great shipping for a long while now. This new Texas warehouse sounds unfortunate, I have Witch LE pre-ordered, hope they fix it by then. The outer box replacement sounds good to me, as I open my stuff, hope everyone gets this fixed because NISA is usually the best for LE shipping.

I'm debating preordering Drakengard 3. Does any have a free shipping promo code for the Square store? It looks like you cant preorder at play-asia anymore...

Years back, NISA did use Digital River. They've since rectified that, and it's been great shipping for a long while now. This new Texas warehouse sounds unfortunate, I have Witch LE pre-ordered, hope they fix it by then. The outer box replacement sounds good to me, as I open my stuff, hope everyone gets this fixed because NISA is usually the best for LE shipping.
Yeah, I hope this is just a minor bump in the road as previous to this every shipment I received from them was packed really well. It's also a shame for me personally that they're shipping out of Texas now. When they shipped out of L.A. I would receive the packages the next day down here in San Diego.

People still care what IGN thinks about anything--let alone JRPGs? That's cute. :3
I don't think anybody cares about the rating, but it's a decent gameplay show and somebody's thoughts on it. I wasn't aware of the texture issue (not that I care) and was happy to hear about the JP audio in both games. Worth the watch for me, so...

I know. This has happened to me twice and both were for awesome games, Gravity Rush and now Danganronpa. I'm pretty happy, as they seem to be going for $120+ on Ebay.
Nice job man. I'd give you retail cost shipping, and a few bucks for your troubles for it, as I missed the pre-ordering period, or just put it on eBay.

Still kicking myself for missing out on the collector's edition of Dangan Ronpa, especially how Vita games don't have physical manuals.  Might hold off until the fall, hoping for a special bundle, when the sequel is supposedly going to launch.

Still kicking myself for missing out on the collector's edition of Dangan Ronpa, especially how Vita games don't have physical manuals. Might hold off until the fall, hoping for a special bundle, when the sequel is supposedly going to launch.
Me too, it's the only game I did not pre-purchase from NISA in the last 3 years. FML.

Well they gave it a good score... It's not like they panned it. Did better than Lightning Returns by far. :)
I didn't even stay 'till the score. If I only had a problem with them when they gave things I like bad scores, I wouldn't be a very credible or objective person, would I? lol

As for Ragnarok, it's my favorite 'hunting' game. Soul Sacrifice BLOWS the story away, but it has the most fluent gameplay, so I have enjoyed it more than any other hunter--including Toukiden. The biggest thing that I dislike about Monster Hunter is the general 'clunk' that all movement and actions have. Ragnarok is much, much smoother and just 'feels' better. A lot of the enemy designs are also quite cool, but all hunting games tend to have cool enemies.

I didn't even stay 'till the score. If I only had a problem with them when they gave things I like bad scores, I wouldn't be a very credible or objective person, would I? lol
All I had to go on was what you wrote there. I agree IGN has really turned into kind of... icky... I don't mind their reviews usually. There's certainly worse and certainly better. It's hard to find anywhere to go for RPG reviews I enjoy anymore.

All I had to go on was what you wrote there. I agree IGN has really turned into kind of... icky... I don't mind their reviews usually. There's certainly worse and certainly better. It's hard to find anywhere to go for RPG reviews I enjoy anymore.
It really, really is hard to find good JRPG reviews. Even the better ones that I watch usually end up completely missing very important highs/lows that a game has. I understand that the are very difficult games to review, but that fact alone doesn't really improve the situation.

It really, really is hard to find good JRPG reviews. Even the better ones that I watch usually end up completely missing very important highs/lows that a game has. I understand that the are very difficult games to review, but that fact alone doesn't really improve the situation.
And also, I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like JRPG reviews (and RPG reviews in general really) always fall upon one of two extremes. Extreme #1 is "I just love RPGs, so even this game kinda sucks at times... IT IZ AWEZUM!". Extreme #2 is "RPGs are antiquated and crappy, and no matter how good this is, basically it's outdated and sucks. I'm gonna go shoot something now, bye!"

You sort of just have to skim everything you can and make an "educated" guess as to whether you'll like it or not, then hope for the best.

I think the extremes have gone the other way. Hardcore RPG fans seem to have beef with mainstream media sites reviewing them, because they expect them to view RPGs through the same spectrum as the hardcore fans do. It just isn't going to happen. Things that RPG fans love, casual fans may find annoying. Grinding, skits, sidequests, post-game content, etc.

I think most are pretty fair. Over time, I think fans of certain genres have gotten way overly defensive. Like "Why won't you love us?!?!" kind of attitude, and I think RPG fans are definitely among those. They freak out if a game gets a 7.7/10 when that is not a bad score. They just may not adore it like others do.

As for Ragnarok, it's my favorite 'hunting' game. Soul Sacrifice BLOWS the story away, but it has the most fluent gameplay, so I have enjoyed it more than any other hunter--including Toukiden. The biggest thing that I dislike about Monster Hunter is the general 'clunk' that all movement and actions has. Ragnarok is much, much smoother and just 'feels' better. A lot of the enemy designs are also quite cool, but all hunting games tend to have cool enemies.
This is pretty much what I wanted to hear--it sounds like I might enjoy RO:A, then. Thanks! :D

Hmm...based on what I've heard/read, this isn't as good as Toukiden, but it looks so much more colorful to me, and that CD sounds like a sweet bonus.
Toukiden is more deep and refined compared to Ragnarok . If anyone is looking for an entry point into the genre then RO is the way to go.

Based solely on the demo for the original, RO reminds me a lot of PSO.  I enjoyed the demo and have wanted to pick it up, but shortly after I played it they announced the follow up so I just decided to wait.  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back