Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone else is interested, Code of Princess for the 3ds just dropped to 19.99 used at Gamestop.

I found a complete copy, so I picked it up with the SOTW coupon. After the coupon glitch and power up rewards I only paid $4.50 for it.

Playing Drag-on Dragoon 3 and loving it so far. If the English release fixes they horrible FPS dips and random half a second freezes (So far I'm seeing them whenever I'm in areas with moving platforms), then I might just get it in English also. I heard PSN Japan is releasing the sister side stories weekly? now for 600 Yen each but meh, I don't care much about the sisters. Get the feeling the English release will get some horrible censoring, (The 1st sister scenes were BRUTAL) so that might sway me away. 

Playing Drag-on Dragoon 3 and loving it so far. If the English release fixes they horrible FPS dips and random half a second freezes (So far I'm seeing them whenever I'm in areas with moving platforms), then I might just get it in English also. I heard PSN Japan is releasing the sister side stories weekly? now for 600 Yen each but meh, I don't care much about the sisters. Get the feeling the English release will get some horrible censoring, (The 1st sister scenes were BRUTAL) so that might sway me away.
Isn't the game in the US already rated M?

Yeah but it's still getting censored on US release. I heard some sex references were already censored when they did the preview.
It's seems really odd to censor a game that's rated M anyway. It's not like it's a kids game...

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/25/dynasty-warriors-gundam-reborn-coming-america/

Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn, otherwise known as Shin Gundam Musou, will released in the Americas via Playstation Network in the Summer. The Game is also announced for Europe, and it will be released Digitally and for Retail in the Summer.

Looks like I have to get the PAL version. :lol:
Why is it when we finally get Gundam games, we almost always end up with the shitty ones..

It's seems really odd to censor a game that's rated M anyway. It's not like it's a kids game...
I watched someone stream and translate the game. There some fuck up stuff that happens in that game. The game even has self censors for some of the violence in it. won't say anything else since I don't want to spoil.

I am really starting to fear for my other collector's editions from NISA. I just got the Danganronpa replacement, and all they did was put the original cardboard folding packaging in a bubble mailer. The replacement was shipped from Texas. 

Glad to see we are getting a new Gundam Musou. I loved 3

Though I wish we got some of the VS games. Either way all of my hype this month is toward J Stars Victory Vs and BlazBlue

Glad to see we are getting a new Gundam Musou. I loved 3

Though I wish we got some of the VS games. Either way all of my hype this month is toward J Stars Victory Vs and BlazBlue
I just got a Gundam Vs game in this weekend and I thought it was pretty cool aesthetically. Gameplay-wise I was surprised that it felt like Virtual-On. I was expecting a simple fighting game and what I got was what felt like a clone of one of my all-time favorite franchises. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Will need to play it more. I probably would like the game more if I had ever seen any of the Gundam stuff.

Amazon are fuck ing trolls.

Oh yeah lets ship my $55 Bravely Default collectors edition in a Bubble Mailer so it gets damaged yet my normal copy of Tales of Symphonia HD collection (which is just a standard PS3 game in standard case), comes in a nice padded box (with nothing else in it might I add).

Amazon are fuck ing trolls.

Oh yeah lets ship my $55 Bravely Default collectors edition in a Bubble Mailer so it gets damaged yet my normal copy of Tales of Symphonia HD collection (which is just a standard PS3 game in standard case), comes in a nice padded box (with nothing else in it might I add).
Haha that's bad got the normal ToS from Amazon myself and just a plain bubble mailer.

Yeah, 3 of the last 3 CEs Amazon sent me were damaged somehow (My Sorcery Saga's box was literally crushed, my Bravely Default was dinged and the spine a bit crushed, and my ToS had a scratch through the plastic and on the box itself).

After this month I'm gonna switch all my preorders to Gamestop or Best Buy

Does anyone know if NISA plans to do a LE for this one?
The first one sold out quickly, and they have done LE for almost all of their releases in the last year (if not all, I can't remember any they didn't have one for but that doesn't mean they didn't have one)

aka all signs point to yes....

if you need more info well... It will be a Nis Store exclusive priced at $49.99, likely including a collectors box, a soft cover art book, and a single disk sountrack. oh... and of course the game :p

*crosses fingers

Come on release a collector's edition of Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2 through at least NIS, hopefully through Amazon as well!

In exchange, you can release an exclusive limited edition of Dangan Ronpa 2 that can sell out before I even get the chance to buy it.

*crosses fingers

Come on release a collector's edition of Dangan Ronpa 1 and 2 through at least NIS, hopefully through Amazon as well!

In exchange, you can release an exclusive limited edition of Dangan Ronpa 2 that can sell out before I even get the chance to buy it.
I really doesn't seem likely for them to release a Dangan Ronpa 1/2 collection (especially with in the next 1-2 years... maybe if 3 gets made and then brought over) and even less likely that a vita collectors edition would be anything but an exclusive to their online store.

Amazon has this to say about my copy of ToS HD:

Out for Delivery

Expected delivery: Friday, February 28, 2014, by 8:00pm 

...I'm not sure why they think it'll take 2 days to deliver, but I sure am glad it looks to be coming today instead of tomorrow. :)

How is GS.com and Best Buy for shipping?

I don't mind ordering CE's from them and waiting. I would do in-store buying and stuff for CE's but I wanna wait in case I happen to change my working situation so I don't have games preordered at a GS that is out of the way.

I am really starting to fear for my other collector's editions from NISA. I just got the Danganronpa replacement, and all they did was put the original cardboard folding packaging in a bubble mailer. The replacement was shipped from Texas.
Yeah, I got one the same way, and was like WTF? They took the same fragile box and put it in a crap bubble mailer and this is supposed to keep the box from getting damaged? are they for real? I got another replacement for that one, and it came FEDEX, but I haven't been home since it arrived, so I don't know what to expect. Sadly, it was shipped from Texas as well, so I'm not expecting much.

GS.com shipping has been great from my experience. :) BB.com and CEs, I've only ordered twice and they been packaged well. However, I have read some stories about BB's lazy shipping regarding large CEs. If its ship to home and the CE is large enough, sometimes BB will slap a shipping label right on it and call it a day. :shame:

GS.com shipping has been great from my experience. :) BB.com and CEs, I've only ordered twice and they been packaged well. However, I have read some stories about BB's lazy shipping regarding large CEs. If its ship to home and the CE is large enough, sometimes BB will slap a shipping label right on it and call it a day. :shame:
did they take notes from amazon or vice versa there :whistle2:k

My vanilla copy of ToS showed up. The disc was loose but luckily not scratched at all. Kinda bummed it didn't come with anything. Not even a booklet. Oh well.

Best Buy shipped the Wonderful 101 (a normal sized wii u game) to me in a huge gigantic box.

They even threw in a roll of bubble wrap (maybe not a whole roll... just a crap load of it)

Oh, cool. I have a Tales of Graces F save file and it unlocked costume sets from ToGf, ToX, ToX2, and ToV.

Not that I give a fuck  about costumes, but it's still a neat unexpected bonus.

Well, it's actually not as pretty as an emulated copy of the game run at 4x or 6x or whatever. Some very obvious jaggies. Controls better and sounds than Dolphin did when I tried it months back, though. Plus I do like supporting stuff like this; I'm still hoping for PS3 Vesperia to get brought over.

There's no camera rotation, which is odd, but the character is centered so I guess that's fine.

Actually the controls are weird. There are 8 travel directions; the four up/down/left/right and then diagonals between them. I'm surprised they didn't update the directions to allow for full 360 control.

So apparently ToS doesn't have any sort in in-game tutorial until you get further in. As you progress it doles out the info. I played for about an hour right where you start (in hard mode) trying to figure out the combat system and level up a bit. Had no clue how to do anything; varying attacks with direction+attack, how techs are learned, what the different character roles do, etc...completely clueless on all that. Really frustrating experience. 

Reading online now that I just have to go further for an explanation. I guess people new to the game don't usually start on hard and need to stick close to the initial village and healer because of it, which forces them to never get the in-game tutorial stuff. -_-

Do NISA games go on sale eventually weeks after release? I'm really interested in grabbing Danganronpa, but I'd rather wait for a sale/price drop since I'm not in a hurry and I can wait -- considering the amount of games that're coming out next month (Dark Souls II and Second Son come to mind).

Do NISA games go on sale eventually weeks after release? I'm really interested in grabbing Danganronpa, but I'd rather wait for a sale/price drop since I'm not in a hurry and I can wait -- considering the amount of games that're coming out next month (Dark Souls II and Second Son come to mind).
I would say...roughly 1.5? months before it drops its 1st $10, then another $10 a month after. Not really drop, but you start seeing it discounted $10 in some stores and it starts getting price matched.

Sweet! I love costumes! If only Xillia had more in game costumes (and the traditional spa scene) rather than DLC costumes.
At least Xillia 2 gets a few costumes for each character. Around 3? for each character that are from Xillia 1, "jacket-off," the recolors of Xillia 1 and recolor of Xillia 2. Then Some characters get some extra costumes, the characters I can remember are Gaius, Milla, Ludger, Jude and Alvin.

I think its funny only the CE ones came with it. Apparently Desians' hands should not be holding physical knowledge
fixed.

So apparently ToS doesn't have any sort in in-game tutorial until you get further in. As you progress it doles out the info. I played for about an hour right where you start (in hard mode) trying to figure out the combat system and level up a bit. Had no clue how to do anything; varying attacks with direction+attack, how techs are learned, what the different character roles do, etc...completely clueless on all that. Really frustrating experience.

Reading online now that I just have to go further for an explanation. I guess people new to the game don't usually start on hard and need to stick close to the initial village and healer because of it, which forces them to never get the in-game tutorial stuff. -_-
Think it was like that on GCN too. Those exspheres confused me, and I'm sure still will if I ever get around to playing ToGf and ToX before this so I can get costumes.

they never explain in game how you learn moves to my knowledge just that you unlock a different set depending on how many s vs t type gems you equip.  Really all it takes is spamming a move 200 times and gaining a few levels to usually unlock the next ones.

shortcuts ignore the split though so you can always put say fierce demon fang on a short cut and then switch over and still have access to it. very useful for when you like some moves in one tree but don't like the tree overall like genis spells list.

They usually do after a few months maybe 10 off....vita games.....not as much, but they're really hasn't been too many nisa vita games, so it's very hard to tell. NISA PS3 games usually always get discounted a bit, then a good amount more, than usually stagnate around 25 dollars.

I pre-ordered my Bravely Default CE from Best Buy and the shipping was fantastic. It was packed very well and came in perfect condition. Along with that, they upgraded my shipping to Express to get it day one and I didn't pay a dime for shipping. Would definitely pre-order from them again.

I don't mind ordering CE's from them and waiting. I would do in-store buying and stuff for CE's but I wanna wait in case I happen to change my working situation so I don't have games preordered at a GS that is out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back