Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
DP was reprinted once so it might be reprinted again. That being said I would just buy it at Walmart for $30 if I could. I panicked before the reprint and picked it up at GameStop. It was $30 used but it was complete and I used the 20% bday coupon and cashed in points for $10 off. So GS might be an option with the coupon and pur, etc.
Yeah I would get it too for $30 just to be safe and have a sealed copy...

Mugen Souls Z Limited Edition  was just put up on NIS America's website for pre-order. It is starting at 69.99 this time around. Hopefully it is better than the first game, I have not played it though but the general conciseness is that it was not very good. I might pick it up though as I have credit in the NIS store already.

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Mugen-Souls-Z-Limited-Edition

mugenz_big_LE.jpg

Hmm... are blue labels the new standard for the PS3? I'm okay with that, I guess. It's more tolerable than changing the case color to an ugly ass flat red or gray and putting a big ass PLATINUM HITS on the cover.

Also... no OST? Lame.
My OCD does not allow for this. Once the seal is broken, the games will have to be switched out into the clear ones. Luckily, I stocked up on new cases. No OST is seriously disappointing, especially from NISA who almost always has an OST in the bundle. Gonna have to think about this LE since the first game was pretty craptastic.

I'll probably be buying the Mugen Souls Z LE despite the fact that the first game was a steaming pile of shit and that this one will most likely be a steaming turd as well.

I am part of the problem.

I read somewhere Amazon gets one DLC character and Namco store gets another DLC character. Saw it earlier today. Link is here http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/06/jojos-bizarre-adventure-star-battle-hits-north-america-april-29th/ .
Interesting. Didn't know Amazon was getting something too, guess their page hasn't been updated. I did not recognize that Fatty's name at all. I then saw some pics and skimed through the wiki and now recall him somewhat. Kira is definatelly the way to go though I may have to double up or get others to get this as well. Really didn't want to send more pennies DR's way.

I'll probably be buying the Mugen Souls Z LE despite the fact that the first game was a steaming pile of shit and that this one will most likely be a steaming turd as well.

I am part of the problem.
I'm holding off. I've spent way too much on NISA stuff in the past (though I am mad I forgot to get in on Witch and Hundred Knights LE), and I would think the print run would be about the same despite Mugen Souls' poor sales.

Oh and the majority of those posting in this thread are part of the problem; actually all gamers are especially the casuals!

Phantasy star portable 2 isn't available for vita. (aside from on an exploited vita)
Oh dang you are right. For some reason I thought it was available on the japanese psn but it seems like they pulled it from the store also. Sega pls

edit:

$5 free gift card from Newegg when Preordering MGS V Ground Zeroes also has free shipping

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/Mar-0-2014/Metalgearsolidv_72hoursale_07/index-landing.html?nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL030714&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL030714-_-EMC-030714-Index-_-E0-_-Game&et_cid=5824&et_rid=2721298

My OCD does not allow for this. Once the seal is broken, the games will have to be switched out into the clear ones. Luckily, I stocked up on new cases. No OST is seriously disappointing, especially from NISA who almost always has an OST in the bundle. Gonna have to think about this LE since the first game was pretty craptastic.
Are you saying that just in reference to Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits games, or are you under the impression that the new cases will be blue to match the new labels? I don't think they're changing the standard color of the PS3 cases, but I could be wrong. I believe it's only the labels.

As for the Platinum/Greatest Hits games... changing a case doesn't quite fix the problem for me, since the inserts have that ugly ass "PLATINUM HITS" on them. I just avoid those entirely.

Are you saying that just in reference to Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits games, or are you under the impression that the new cases will be blue to match the new labels? I don't think they're changing the standard color of the PS3 cases, but I could be wrong. I believe it's only the labels.

As for the Platinum/Greatest Hits games... changing a case doesn't quite fix the problem for me, since the inserts have that ugly ass "PLATINUM HITS" on them. I just avoid those entirely.
I thought it would make sense to put them in the bluray movie cases that are now blue. In any case, If it's the case itself, I'm covered. If it's just the slipcovers and artwork, that would kind of suck since now there would be a two-tone on my shelf.

I thought it would make sense to put them in the bluray movie cases that are now blue. In any case, If it's the case itself, I'm covered. If it's just the slipcovers and artwork, that would kind of suck since now there would be a two-tone on my shelf.
Yea, I don't think they're changing the case color... again, though, I could be wrong. I think they're just changing the upper label, similar to when they changed from the early red/black to the newer black/white.

Three-tone, unless you don't own any games from before mid 2009.

It seems like they are just adjusting the label to look more like PS4 games, which I think is silly as that confuses people...

Does anyone know if the Mugen Souls Z LE will be on sale elsewhere? I've seen no confirmation, but noticed that ONLY the keychain was a NISA Store exclusive, as well as it not even showing up on the 'exclusive' tab for their store. Maybe a hint of it being sold elsewhere? Confusing though, it does of a sales bar for it.

Does anyone know if the Mugen Souls Z LE will be on sale elsewhere? I've seen no confirmation, but noticed that ONLY the keychain was a NISA Store exclusive, as well as it not even showing up on the 'exclusive' tab for their store. Maybe a hint of it being sold elsewhere? Confusing though, it does of a sales bar for it.
It wont I can guarantee it almost. NISA LEs bar very few, such as Disgaea 4 PS3 and Atelier Totori, are made to be sold only on their NISA online store. I wouldn't count on it at all, and if you want a non standard Mugen Souls Z you should get it from the NISA store.

I scored Disgaea D2 on clearance in store at Best Buy today.  It was marked down to $29.99, which came down to $23.99 with GCU.  I've been waiting to pick it up used at Best Buy (they have the used price at $19.99 on their website), but the game is not available and has not seen a restock in a while.  Came with a bundle 2 Disc OST and Art Card.

Yeah, you're right. Really odd that they mention the keychain is exclusive, and that it'll be thrown separately into the box with the LE.

I'm waiting on Mugen Souls Z till we see how Witch and the Hundred Knight ships, as I haven't been shipping NISA games to my home address. If I need to exchange things I might just stop buying NISA stuff from them. A single exchange would be a MASSIVE hassle for me. So it'd be nice if this gets picked up elsewhere.

Yeah, you're right. Really odd that they mention the keychain is exclusive, and that it'll be thrown separately into the box with the LE.

I'm waiting on Mugen Souls Z till we see how Witch and the Hundred Knight ships, as I haven't been shipping NISA games to my home address. If I need to exchange things I might just stop buying NISA stuff from them. A single exchange would be a MASSIVE hassle for me. So it'd be nice if this gets picked up elsewhere.
i'd like it to be picked up elsewhere for no other reason then I would then have a chance to pick it up for around $20 instead of paying $70 for a steaming pile of poop...... which I most likely will do if it's exclusive to the store ><:

Is Mugen Souls Z directly related to Mugen Souls, or standalone? Considering jumping in, but I haven't played any of the games before.

EDIT: Oh wow, if a Gamestop near you has the first one in stock you can get it for $20 "new" or $17.99 used.

From the description of the game (either on the LE or on regular ed.), it sounds related to where they last left off. Says it takes place immediately after the 1st game.

Did you get Danganronpa and Toukiden?

Also has anyone heard any news on Fairy Fencer F release date. I just played the demo and really enjoyed the battle system
Nope. I only got Persona 4 Golden to start with. :lol:

There is no actual release date posted. Just 2014 right now.

Danganronpa, Danganronpa, DANGANRONPA--

...I'm not sure what you should buy for it, sorry. :whistle2:k
I don't know man. For the PSP? :lol: I played the PSP Version, but I'll get the Vita Version too. I don't mind. ;D

Jesus ToS hard mode is hard as shit. It's ridiculous.
You know what's hard as shit? Catherine on Hard, getting the Gold Trophy, which is the equivalent of S-Rank. And Babel Mode. :lol:

But yeah. It's pretty damn hard. ><

ToS just got a lot easier. I was at the beginning of the game where there's no way to heal yourself outside of items (which are expensive and hard to come by) or staying at an inn (which costs 100 gald and is also hard to manage.) The fights don't give you much gald so you can have to fight 2-3 groups before you've earned enough to stay at an inn...but depending on the creatures you face you can have difficulty lasting that many fights. 

Luckily after like 10 tries I beat a boss and then ended up with two healers in my group. Suddenly I can just go around stomping everything that moves...at least in the current area. I'm fully expecting a massive difficulty spike as soon as I travel to the next objective.

New to J-RPGs or something?
I'm not sure if you're joking or if you've never actually played one. Most JRPGs are the easiest games in the universe. It's a really easy genre in general. With ToS in hard mode I've died a couple dozen times already. Granted that's right at the beginning of the game and you start with absolutely no ability to heal, but still.

I'm not sure if you're joking or if you've never actually played one. Most JRPGs are the easiest games in the universe. It's a really easy genre in general. With ToS in hard mode I've died a couple dozen times already. Granted that's right at the beginning of the game and you start with absolutely no ability to heal, but still.
If you think Tales of Symphonia is hard, you're going to get absolutely wrecked when you encounter RPG juggernauts like the Pokemon and Final Fantasy series. Save your temper for them.

Went to Gamstop and found a copy of Persona 3 Portable. It still had the original case and manual so I picked it up, no soundtrack though. I never played Persona 3 but I already know how brutal this game is. Yes I am aware I could of got it cheaper on the PSN store but I prefer hard copies over digital (unless it's Steam).

If you think Tales of Symphonia is hard, you're going to get absolutely wrecked when you encounter RPG juggernauts like the Pokemon and Final Fantasy series. Save your temper for them.
I've come to the conclusion you're either trolling or extremely stupid. Which doesn't really matter since the result is the same, I suppose; enjoy being ignored. You've managed to become the only person on my list.

Went to Gamstop and found a copy of Persona 3 Portable. It still had the original case and manual so I picked it up, no soundtrack though. I never played Persona 3 but I already know how brutal this game is. Yes I am aware I could of got it cheaper on the PSN store but I prefer hard copies over digital (unless it's Steam).
Persona 3 Portable never came with a soundtrack in the US.

persona 3 is total cake and even more of a cake walk with manual control and mortal blows available in p3p. Every battle boils down to knocking an enemy over with their weakness then group assaulting them or hitting them with their weakness again.

I actually find the new super easy noob mode laughable since you would never need that many retries to begin with barring you want to play the game solo and are really unlucky. I almost want to pick that mode up and see how low a level I could beat the grim reaper at :p

I almost want to pick that mode up and see how low a level I could beat the grim reaper at :p
Considering the fact that Death has no exploitable weaknesses in P3 and the way stats scale with levels, probably roughly the same level you could beat him in any other mode. Which is to say, pretty nearly any level given a strong enough Persona and/or an Armageddon you don't mind wasting.

For some reason, even though I follow this thread, I was thinking that Drakenguard 3 was a PSVita game so I wasn't interested. Imagine my disappointment this morning when I realized that it was a PS3 game and I missed my chance at the Collectors Edition. :(

Considering the fact that Death has no exploitable weaknesses in P3 and the way stats scale with levels, probably roughly the same level you could beat him in any other mode. Which is to say, pretty nearly any level given a strong enough Persona and/or an Armageddon you don't mind wasting.
I was saying with factoring in the 30 or so retries if fem/mc gets ko'd how low you could be to kill it. Took about lv 70 to beat him in vanilla p3 with just koro in my party so I'd guess a bit lower in p3p possibly half that with weapon fusion and stat and skill cards.

If you have prime a new copy is $16 on amazon which is cheaper than GS used. I got a complete copy from Source Media for $9 (prime) too.

So far so good on the Atelier E&L pre-order. Haven't received a cancel order and it seems to be good still... almost there. The price appears to be back at MSRP and I was kind of sad I didn't order 2 copies for a friend.

YMMV, but I found copies of Tales of Xillia on clearance at a Best Buy for $19.99 ($15.99 after GCU discount). This was the Springfield, VA location.

meh anyone who wanted tales of xillia should of already jumped on one of the numerous times its been on sale since like october. Of course the sales all started the day after I bought mine for 33 -_- but eh thems the breaks.

Jesus ToS hard mode is hard as shit. It's ridiculous.
It is incredibly hard in the beginning. I convinced my friend to play the game with me, starting on hard, and we were getting our asses beat by wolves and bunnies. I've beat all of Tales of Graces F on Chaos Mode but I just decided we go back to normal mode on ToS.

persona 3 is total cake and even more of a cake walk with manual control and mortal blows available in p3p. Every battle boils down to knocking an enemy over with their weakness then group assaulting them or hitting them with their weakness again.

I actually find the new super easy noob mode laughable since you would never need that many retries to begin with barring you want to play the game solo and are really unlucky. I almost want to pick that mode up and see how low a level I could beat the grim reaper at :p
I just started P3P myself and yeah...it ain't hard at all. I haven't played either the original P3 or FES (I do own the latter though, still sealed...shameful, I know.) But reading about what was changed for P3P, it kinda sounds like they went overboard with toning down the difficulty. For me, that's not really a complaint; I'm no huge fan of hard games, although with turn-based RPG's I can usually manage just fine. But as a portable remix of an existing game, I think they did a good job re-balancing it because it really is accessible and addictive.

Of course, it's still infuriating when a random dungeon mob one-shots the MC with an insta-death spell. Although that's only happened once so far. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back