Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got stuck on a fight in Fes about 80? hours in. I played on Hard so if I remember correctly your two alllies are pretty much useless and die almost immediately. I don't think the game is too easy as long as you play on Hard - which is nice because of how painfully easy most RPGs are. Replayed it recently and got pass that point but ended up being too bored to continue. I really liked the tower and combat but I found the school stuff tedious and stopped playing. I found most of the social links boring too. No idea why I bought P3P =o

playing on hard thus far I have seen no difference between it and the difficulties below it.  as far as I can tell there are no differences between the difficulties besides retries count and no compendium.  I haven't seen a game where difficulties actually mattered anyway. all they ever do is bump stats which just makes fights more tedious not harder.

> Hard Mode
Increased Damage taking from Shadows.
Even normal encounter can give Enemy Advantage.
Lower the chance on Escape.
Cost for bring out Persona from Compendium is quadrupled (x4).

Last one is dumb I guess normal makes the most sense.

I think I only ever got stuck once on a boss in my playthrough of Persona 3 FES, and lost twice when in the dungeon (usually because I was pushing myself to go up too many floors at once). It's a game that isn't too hard if you know what you're doing, using Mitsuru/Fuuka's info gathering on the monsters and playing to their weaknesses.

It was a game I would have finished if it wasn't due to my sister wanting to watch me play it, then her losing interest in it constantly. I'll probably go through it again some time down the road, maybe after I'm finished with Dark Souls II (which is going to release on Tuesday).

> Hard Mode
Increased Damage taking from Shadows.
Even normal encounter can give Enemy Advantage.
Lower the chance on Escape.
Cost for bring out Persona from Compendium is quadrupled (x4).

Last one is dumb I guess normal makes the most sense.
heh I never noticed any of that besides the compendium though the majority of those sans compendium aren't really noticeable in the first place. Especially damage unless you take 2 identical playthroughs and put a damage pic side by side.

You would think they'd reverse it so enemies have better attack patterns and compendium prices would be cheaper on higher difficulties and other playthroughs.

Just got an email from Square Enix saying my FFX/X-2 CE is on backorder and will be shipped when available. I'm hoping this just means they're starting to prep shipments for the release date on the 18th, but having heard other people's experiences with Digital River, I'm a bit concerned. Hopefully everything will work out, though...

Just got an email from Square Enix saying my FFX/X-2 CE is on backorder and will be shipped when available. I'm hoping this just means they're starting to prep shipments for the release date on the 18th, but having heard other people's experiences with Digital River, I'm a bit concerned. Hopefully everything will work out, though...
*checks email* Yeah, I have the same thing.

I hope they don't screw me around. I ordered the Vita version ordered too, which I wouldn't have bothered with from them if not for free shipping. I'd get pissed if they cancel the important half of my order and send me the useless bit I can get elsewhere...

If it makes you feel better The one time I bought tales of graces from them it had the fast and good service one usually brags about with amazon prime. It was the only time I've ever purchased something that digital river is used for but it was an exceptional experience compared to everything else I've dealt with including amazon as of late.

A lot of people on the Collectors Edition thread are saying the same thing about the Final Fantasy X/X-2 collectors Edition. Not to mention a few have stated the same thing on Reddit too. I personally got the email, hopefully they are just getting ready to ship things. 

Somebody on Reddit was saying even his digital version of FFX got BO'd. He's curious as to whether that means they'll even give him the code on time or if it will wait until the extra crap ships.

They said on Twitter to disregard that email.

I figured everyone was freaking out over nothing re: that DR email.  I'm much more bothered that BB hasn't shipped my Dark Souls II CE yet.  

does gohastings wait till release date to ship out games?
I just checked to see if my Atelier Escha & Logy was shipped and see that they canceled it (was not canceled this morning). Have not received any email regarding the cancellation yet. Oh well...

I just checked to see if my Atelier Escha & Logy was shipped and see that they canceled it (was not canceled this morning). Have not received any email regarding the cancellation yet. Oh well...
My order was alive this morning, but it just got cancelled too.

Lbt6VZY.jpg

Bah, same here. Oh well, I'll just wait until it drops to $20 naturally now.

My Atelier Escha & Logy got canceled by Hastings too.  I'm not upset at them canceling it, I'm upset that they didn't send a cancellation email and I instead had to check it myself.  Off to order on Amazon then.

My Atelier Escha & Logy got canceled by Hastings too. I'm not upset at them canceling it, I'm upset that they didn't send a cancellation email and I instead had to check it myself. Off to order on Amazon then.
Feel the same... well, that and that they waited so long to actually cancel.

Sonuva--my order got canceled, too! :wall: :bomb:

Kind of weird considering the $19.99 price stopped then went back up for a short time, and it was advertised as a deal on their video games page. :???:

That's what gets me - if they had cancelled them after a day or two then fine, I'd get that. If I had actually wanted the game this week & they did this tho, I'd be ticked.
Yeah a day before release, too. Pretty bad and it is weird that the sale came up twice. I hate how they don't honor it after that.
...anyone call in to complain?

At least have the decency to let people know you cancel their order. Great customer service! I'll have to purchase more stuff from them.

Laok7ml.png

I thought I got unlucky that I was charged the full amount and customer service said they would refund the difference. Guess I ended up being the only one to get the game for $20

I called in.

Initially I was lied to.  I was told that the game was out of stock, and so they had cancelled the pre-order.

When I pointed out that they were still accepting pre-orders I was put on hold for 5 minutes or so after which the representative came back with what sounds likely to be the truth.

They report the $20 price as a pricing error, despite their advertising it.  They then received "thousands" of orders, far more than they had stock for.  So they made the decision to cancel all pre-orders made at the $20 price.

When I inquired as to why no notification was sent regarding the cancellation, the representative had no reply.  According to the representative, a message should be sent automatically, and she could only figure that someone had made a manual cancellation (probably a backend database operation, though this is just my guess) which did not result in the message being sent.

I am not a skilled social engineer, but the representative, while apologetic, showed no indication of budging.  Others may have more luck.

Per goHasting's cancellation policy, they reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason, so there wasn't much of a stick I could rattle there.  Still, it does gall me somewhat that they would cancel all orders at a price they didn't like rather than simply fill the orders they had in the order they arrived.  Imagine the following hypothetical, a niche game is getting a lot of pre-orders, so goHastings raises the price and cancels all the orders at the lower price.  This process could be repeated until they had achieved optimum profitability.  Yes, in this case it was almost certainly a mistake on their part; but it is one that they have handled exceedingly poorly.

i am not surprised, gohastings does not exactly has best reputation, when it comes to their customer service, whether it be cancellations, or refunds. but it is still better than digital rivers. LOL

That's kind of funny. They are basically like "we didn't expect getting thousands of pre-orders on a sale 'error' on a new game coming out! Well, let's just cancel all of them!"

Per goHasting's cancellation policy, they reserve the right to cancel any order for any reason, so there wasn't much of a stick I could rattle there. Still, it does gall me somewhat that they would cancel all orders at a price they didn't like rather than simply fill the orders they had in the order they arrived. Imagine the following hypothetical, a niche game is getting a lot of pre-orders, so goHastings raises the price and cancels all the orders at the lower price. This process could be repeated until they had achieved optimum profitability. Yes, in this case it was almost certainly a mistake on their part; but it is one that they have handled exceedingly poorly.
It galls you? If what they said about thousands of orders being placed was true, they would be looking at a loss of tens of thousands of dollars. Why would anyone knowingly do that? I think you're also overestimating the company - it's a chain store in small cities with a barely functional website. They're not like Best Buy or Amazon, both of which also frequently cancel orders due to price errors. If any of us were able to get in on the deal, it would've been amazing but let's not pretend that they should've knowingly taken such a huge loss.

Same order cancelled as others here, I didn't really want the game right away, but at the price was going to bite. Guess i'll get it when it goes down to 25 or so dollars, oh well march was already expensive anyway. Just sucks they didn't send out about it and right before the release date. 

Well, I have a thought though, I wonder for those that haven't had their Escha/Logy orders cancelled and preparing to ship will actually have their difference refunded. I mean, this is Go/Hastings we're talking about, but we'll see in the days ahead if it does happen or not.

It galls you? If what they said about thousands of orders being placed was true, they would be looking at a loss of tens of thousands of dollars. Why would anyone knowingly do that? I think you're also overestimating the company - it's a chain store in small cities with a barely functional website. They're not like Best Buy or Amazon, both of which also frequently cancel orders due to price errors. If any of us were able to get in on the deal, it would've been amazing but let's not pretend that they should've knowingly taken such a huge loss.
By that logic, why would it be okay for them to unknowingly take the loss?

Yes, their actions mildly annoy me. I believe they handled the situation poorly. From the way the price fluctuated it was clear that they knew there had been a pricing mistake, and they decided to sit on that for 10 days before correcting the mistake. When they cancelled the orders they didn't bother to inform anyone, in violation of their own self reported policies. When questioned about the cancellation they lied to customers. When caught in the lie, they told what is probably a half truth at best (consider, for example that according to the story I was told they accepted "thousands" of preorders of the game, despite the fact that they didn't have the stock to fill these orders).

But that's just my opinion, yours may well differ.

Cancelled here as well. 

This is a load of crap.  Not for the fact that they cancelled the orders since I understand it was a mistake and honoring that many orders would have them lose out on a lot of money.  But to wait until the day before the game comes out to cancel the orders (and not even sending an e-mail to say as much)?  That's inexcusable, even moreso considering the fact that these orders were placed well over a week ago so they had plenty of time to see all these orders come in, notice the price error and cancel them.

Yeah, my preorder got canceled too. I do wish they had sent an email at least. I'm sure there's some people that haven't realized it yet and might still be expecting the game.

Cancelled here as well.

This is a load of crap. Not for the fact that they cancelled the orders since I understand it was a mistake and honoring that many orders would have them lose out on a lot of money. But to wait until the day before the game comes out to cancel the orders (and not even sending an e-mail to say as much)? That's inexcusable, even moreso considering the fact that these orders were placed well over a week ago so they had plenty of time to see all these orders come in, notice the price error and cancel them.
They just want to lose more potential customers.

I also had my order cancelled. I emailed Kotaku about this and I contacted the BBB too.
BBB is a joke and what will Kotaku say? It's not what I would consider a news story (even by them) or else Digital River would pop up more than just during the Ni no Kuni incident.

Looks like mine was canceled.  Well, it was my first and only time I tried to purchase from gohastings.com, so you live and you learn. It would have been good customer service to receive some e-mail but it's cool... I still have many Atelier games in my backlog I suppose.

Darn, mine is canceled too. Like everyone else, wish they at least contacted us about the cancellation and not do this on the day before release.

Aww, my orders canceled. Luckily I preordered from Gamestop as backup for DLC purposes and was sort of expecting a cancellation.
I did the same thing.

Looks like mine was canceled. Well, it was my first and only time I tried to purchase from gohastings.com, so you live and you learn. It would have been good customer service to receive some e-mail but it's cool... I still have many Atelier games in my backlog I suppose.
I personally think the fact that I got a forgotten password email that had my original password in plaintext (it's unique to the site but it makes me worry about my credit card details. Even though they weren't saved for the user they are still in a system that is obviously unsecure) was enough to tell me to never try ordering after this one time. Lack of any notification on this seals seals the deal.

I personally think the fact that I got a forgotten password email that had my original password in plaintext (it's unique to the site but it makes me worry about my credit card details. Even though they weren't saved for the user they are still in a system that is obviously unsecure) was enough to tell me to never try ordering after this one time. Lack of any notification on this seals seals the deal.
I wonder if Gohastings wanted to collect CC #s.

The Go Hastings from Lubbock closed before I left there, not the greatest store really, and with their terrible website (come on make it easier to see what's in stock and sold out!), I will likely not buy unless it's dirt cheap blurays or something.

If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Not sure why people are mad they couldn't exploit a pricing error when everyone knew it was most likely an error when they placed the order.

If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Not sure why people are mad they couldn't exploit a pricing error when everyone knew it was most likely an error when they placed the order.
I don't know of many pricing errors that go away and then come back again for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back