Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Head ups, Demon Gaze LE at NIS is below 25% now
At this point you have to assume that every NIS LE is going to sell out. Mugen Souls was like the only one to not do so in the last few years. Peolple who buy NIS games always seem to go LE if it's available which is good for them and good for us!

At this point you have to assume that every NIS LE is going to sell out. Mugen Souls was like the only one to not do so in the last few years. Peolple who buy NIS games always seem to go LE if it's available which is good for them and good for us!
True though I have questions if Mugen Souls sequel will sell out. I'll decide on it when it's around 25% if it ever gets there.

I'm thinking of preordering Super Robot Taisen Z 3 and snagging #2 since play-asia is having a good discount when picking up the both of them. Anyone have any thoughts on #2? Also, I haven't seen it 100% confirmed but it looks like all preorders get the first game included as well. Anyone know if this is confirmed?

Lastly, anyone have any better discount codes than $5 off (I have one I got with my last order I'm going to use otherwise)? I wanted to use the Destructoid 10% off but it doesn't seem to work now.

Also, J-Stars... Worth a pickup? Any chance it'll actually get cheaper down the road? What was the preorder bonus I've now missed?

Dtoid Coupon expired? I thought it was valid till May. Or maybe I just remembered it wrong  :lol:

EDIT: Crap. It expired on March 8th. Missed my chance to pre order Drakengard 3 for 57 shipped. Oh well. Hoping another one comes about.

I'm thinking of preordering Super Robot Taisen Z 3 and snagging #2 since play-asia is having a good discount when picking up the both of them. Anyone have any thoughts on #2? Also, I haven't seen it 100% confirmed but it looks like all preorders get the first game included as well. Anyone know if this is confirmed?

Lastly, anyone have any better discount codes than $5 off (I have one I got with my last order I'm going to use otherwise)? I wanted to use the Destructoid 10% off but it doesn't seem to work now.

Also, J-Stars... Worth a pickup? Any chance it'll actually get cheaper down the road? What was the preorder bonus I've now missed?
The J Stars bonus was just a book. And all my friends love the game so far, seems like the type of game to have an active fanbase for a long time (Hell people still play Jump Ultimate Stars for the DS avidly)

Waiting for my copy, should be here tomorrow I hope. (I got the Anison version)

FFX/X2 PS3 LE came in perfect condition from Amazon. It was in a box. Glad to see that free upgrades get the complimentary packaging upgrade as well.  :wall:

Anybody playing FFX on PS3 yet? Wondering about the load times and what the load times are like. The PS3 is like 2 feet from my head so that bothers the hell out of me--I generally prefer digital. OTOH, I can get money back on the PS3 version when I'm done with it...

Hey guys, I was thinking about importing Project Diva F 2nd for the vita. I've been contemplating whether to just import it, or wait for a while for it to(hopefully) come out here. The only issues I have with it releasing here is that I tend to like physical copies more, and if it goes digital only like project diva f is on the vita, I only have an 8gb memory card. Which means I would have to buy a bigger memory card, but I need to do that anyways. Anyone want to convince me to import the game, or should I just wait for it to come out here?

Anybody playing FFX on PS3 yet? Wondering about the load times and what the load times are like. The PS3 is like 2 feet from my head so that bothers the hell out of me--I generally prefer digital. OTOH, I can get money back on the PS3 version when I'm done with it...
The load times aren't bad at all. They generally last 5 seconds, max.

Can anyone recommend any import only Mech games (PS3/360 region free)? I'm always looking for more. Here's what I've got so far to give you an idea (I've got lots of U.S. releases so I'm not putting them on the list.):

Virtual On Force

Mobile Suite Gundam Extreme Vs
A.C.E.: Another Centurys Episode R (literally just discovered maybe an hour ago and ordered off Amazon for $16 prime shipped.)

Super Robot Wars Z 2 and 3 (just ordered)

Also, I've collected up all the region free shmups for 360 now, are there any for PS3 I should know about? It doesn't seem like there is much of anything on PS3 sadly.

Can anyone recommend any import only Mech games (PS3/360 region free)? I'm always looking for more. Here's what I've got so far to give you an idea (I've got lots of U.S. releases so I'm not putting them on the list.):

Virtual On Force

A.C.E.: Another Centurys Episode R (literally just discovered maybe an hour ago and ordered off Amazon for $16 prime shipped.)

Also, I've collected up all the region free shmups for 360 now, are there any for PS3 I should know about? It doesn't seem like there is much of anything on PS3 sadly.
Physical, not so much. Mamoru-kun is an exception. PSN has solid offerings though like the Gundemonium collection.

Hey guys, I was thinking about importing Project Diva F 2nd for the vita. I've been contemplating whether to just import it, or wait for a while for it to(hopefully) come out here. The only issues I have with it releasing here is that I tend to like physical copies more, and if it goes digital only like project diva f is on the vita, I only have an 8gb memory card. Which means I would have to buy a bigger memory card, but I need to do that anyways. Anyone want to convince me to import the game, or should I just wait for it to come out here?
Here's how I see it: Sega initially only released Project Diva on the PS3 here because that system has a larger user base than the Vita. Obviously, the Vita version was released only because of fan feedback, but since it was still a risky move, they made it digital only. I'm hoping that if the Vita version receives enough support, Sega may actually release the second title physically for the Vita. The chances should be higher considering that the Vita is receiving more and more great games and thus more users. The downside, however, could be a sudden infatuation for a "digital only" release model for Vita titles.

Here's how I see it: Sega initially only released Project Diva on the PS3 here because that system has a larger user base than the Vita. Obviously, the Vita version was released only because of fan feedback, but since it was still a risky move, they made it digital only. I'm hoping that if the Vita version receives enough support, Sega may actually release the second title physically for the Vita. The chances should be higher considering that the Vita is receiving more and more great games and thus more users. The downside, however, could be a sudden infatuation for a "digital only" release model for Vita titles.
PS3 disc cost next to nothing to produce, while Vita cart is flash memory and they are not cheap.

Hey all quick question

Wanted to start getting into the Atellier series, but do I need to start with one first or can I play in any order? Figure best to ask the experts here, thanks :)

Physical, not so much. Mamoru-kun is an exception. PSN has solid offerings though like the Gundemonium collection.
Awesome. Thanks for the tip. I'll put Mamoru on my hit list. Gundemonium is new to me as well. Never bought anything on foreign PSN markets so I'll have to look up a how to and be sure the games I find aren't region locked. I definitely don't want another Virtual On Force disaster. Bought it on the Hong Kong XBLA market and I could never get it to download because I don't have a reasonable way to set up a VPN. After literally two weeks of nights trying to set it up I gave up. Fortunately they re-released it and I picked up a disc copy that was region free.

Hey guys, I was thinking about importing Project Diva F 2nd for the vita. I've been contemplating whether to just import it, or wait for a while for it to(hopefully) come out here. The only issues I have with it releasing here is that I tend to like physical copies more, and if it goes digital only like project diva f is on the vita, I only have an 8gb memory card. Which means I would have to buy a bigger memory card, but I need to do that anyways. Anyone want to convince me to import the game, or should I just wait for it to come out here?
It will very likely come out for PS3 first and then later on for the vita only if that does well and it will only be digital. I want to play it now and am importing it myself as I don't want to wait a year or 2 to play the game and there is no guarantee Project Diva F 2nd will be localized in the first place.

I'm importing it as well. I don't mind buying / playing it twice for this game. So not waiting for a localization announcement is an easy choice for me.

Hey all quick question

Wanted to start getting into the Atellier series, but do I need to start with one first or can I play in any order? Figure best to ask the experts here, thanks :)
at least with the first 3 on the ps3 they are only loosely related to each other and the stories are mostly fluff (character interactions but not much in the way of an overarching plot) You could easily play any of those 3 in any order while only losing a minimal amount given you won't know the history of a few characters... but even then they tend to cover the important parts.

Rorona is a hard one to get through, as the time limits are very constricting, and basically break the game into like 12 fetch quest chunks. Totori and meruru are much more forgiving and allow you a lot more freedom to do whatever you want to do. I don't know about the other two though, I haven't played those ones at all.

It will very likely come out for PS3 first and then later on for the vita only if that does well and it will only be digital. I want to play it now and am importing it myself as I don't want to wait a year or 2 to play the game and there is no guarantee Project Diva F 2nd will be localized in the first place.
Thats pretty much what I was thinking, I think I'm just going to go ahead and import it and not worry about whether it gets localized or not. Then if it does, I can still go ahead and buy it whenever it happens to come out. Thanks for the input guys!

PS3 disc cost next to nothing to produce, while Vita cart is flash memory and they are not cheap.
Yeah, I'm hoping for Project Diva F 2nd for a usa physical release on ps3. Think it's releasing on ps3 and vita at the same time in Japan, so should be no content difference, unlike the first one.

at least with the first 3 on the ps3 they are only loosely related to each other and the stories are mostly fluff (character interactions but not much in the way of an overarching plot) You could easily play any of those 3 in any order while only losing a minimal amount given you won't know the history of a few characters... but even then they tend to cover the important parts.

Rorona is a hard one to get through, as the time limits are very constricting, and basically break the game into like 12 fetch quest chunks. Totori and meruru are much more forgiving and allow you a lot more freedom to do whatever you want to do. I don't know about the other two though, I haven't played those ones at all.

Going to start saving my GCs for them

(Not ashamed to admit, the cover art is what initially drew my attention...so pretty!)

Thanks for the info!!

Hey all quick question

Ayesha and totori are said to be the least constrictive/new player friendly. meruru is to be played after totori because of supposed spoilers. Ayesha would be the best place the start then go back to totori and meruru. Not many people like rorona so I'd say skip/save it for last. You may want to pick up mana khemia and possibly play that first since it and its sequel have very good word of mouth for their gameplay and its part of the series as well but as a duology. Theres also iris trilogy on the ps2 but I've heard nothing for or against them but they are pretty cheap like the first mana khemia is. around 10-15 bucks each.

Ayesha and totori are said to be the least constrictive/new player friendly. meruru is to be played after totori because of supposed spoilers. Ayesha would be the best place the start then go back to totori and meruru. Not many people like rorona so I'd say skip/save it for last. You may want to pick up mana khemia and possibly play that first since it and its sequel have very good word of mouth for their gameplay and its part of the series as well but as a duology. Theres also iris trilogy on the ps2 but I've heard nothing for or against them but they are pretty cheap like the first mana khemia is. around 10-15 bucks each.
Thanks a lot :D

Going to start adding them to my collection, not like I have room anymore, but that's how we all are here I think ;)

So I probably won't be missing out on much if I was to get rid of Rorona? I have that, Totori, and Meruru, so if I don't have to play one of them, that would make my backlog a bit (barely?) smaller.

Hah, you obviously haven't seen it: easily 70-80 games (console and portable), some of which are still shrink-wrapped. :lol:
I'm guessing you haven't seen the geico commercial?
He's a motivational speaker and tries to tell people they have potential and then his nose grows xD

Trust me, I believe you. I'm counting on my children to beat my backlog as I'm starting to think I'll be dead by the time I would get anywhere close to finishing it :lol:

(hopefully not though)

I'm guessing you haven't seen the geico commercial?
He's a motivational speaker and tries to tell people they have potential and then his nose grows xD

Trust me, I believe you. I'm counting on my children to beat my backlog as I'm starting to think I'll be dead by the time I would get anywhere close to finishing it :lol:

(hopefully not though)
I don't remember that commercial, but I get what you're saying. :^o ;)

If you're a CAG, you must have a backlog. If you have a backlog, you must be a CAG. It's simple logic. :joystick:

I've amassed a bit of a backlog recently but I'm far from proud of it. The way I see it, those game purchases were just a waste of money until I'm actually enjoying the games. 

-looks at numbers in own signature-

-compares to the rate at which I'm buying new games this year-

Assuming I don't die young, I might have a chance.

If anyone wanted the Lightning Returns Collector's Edition for 360 instead of PS3, it's on sale in the Square Enix store for $71.99:

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.294467400/categoryId.63256100/parentCategoryID.#.Uyxfg_ldWFM

PS3 is sold out.

It's part of a larger sale:

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/list/ThemeID.29853700/categoryID.63256100/size.175/startIndex.0/

According to Siliconera, the more you buy the more you save:
Square Enix USA are holding a sale on their online store. During the sale, you’ll be able to purchase a game for 20%, two games for 30% off and three+ games for 50% off

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/21/square-enix-usa-holding-discount-sale/#83VFwFBJqgQL5UDj.99

[quote name="Chrono Gear" post="11628676" timestamp="1395369760"]Can anyone recommend any import only Mech games (PS3/360 region free)? I'm always looking for more. Here's what I've got so far to give you an idea (I've got lots of U.S. releases so I'm not putting them on the list.):

Virtual On Force

Also, I've collected up all the region free shmups for 360 now, are there any for PS3 I should know about? It doesn't seem like there is much of anything on PS3 sadly.[/quote]

Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost is out now, so there's always that. Also, Ketsui Kizuna Jigoku Tachi (which was one Cave's region locked 360 shmups) has been re-released on ps3,so make sure you grab that one, too!

Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost is out now, so there's always that. Also, Ketsui Kizuna Jigoku Tachi (which was one Cave's region locked 360 shmups) has been re-released on ps3,so make sure you grab that one, too!
Thanks, I forgot that they released the new Gundam game. It's on my radar already. Ketsui Kizuna Jigoku Tachi I didn't know got a PS3 re-release. It's on my list now too. I wanted to snag it on 360 a while ago, but region locks are a bummer.

Any difference between the Japanese and Asian versions of the new Gundam game? It looks like I can snag the Asian version for less. I assume this is typical pricing though. I would suspect there are less Japanese copies printed than Asian ones.

I've amassed a bit of a backlog recently but I'm far from proud of it. The way I see it, those game purchases were just a waste of money until I'm actually enjoying the games.
It's quite the irony, since we all come here to save money. In the end, we're not saving anything because we're buying so much that we will never play half of the games we bought. :D/ I can build a house out of my backlog. On one hand, I am proud that I always get great deals. On the other hand, I am saddened that I will probably never play half of the games sitting on my shelves.

*goes back to hunting for deals*

So I probably won't be missing out on much if I was to get rid of Rorona? I have that, Totori, and Meruru, so if I don't have to play one of them, that would make my backlog a bit (barely?) smaller.
correct you wouldn't be missing out on much, just some character interactions which you could likely easily find online if you wanted. it's not like rorona doesn't have some ties to totori... it's more that in general anything you would need to know from rorona it's explained as they come up in totori lol.

that being said rorona will be great on the vita, as it's a decent game to pick up for an hour or so and comeplete one fetch quest mission and call it good for the day (aka I played it over 12 days lol)

If anyone wanted the Lightning Returns Collector's Edition for 360 instead of PS3, it's on sale in the Square Enix store for $71.99:

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.294467400/categoryId.63256100/parentCategoryID.#.Uyxfg_ldWFM

PS3 is sold out.

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/list/ThemeID.29853700/categoryID.63256100/size.175/startIndex.0/

Square Enix USA are holding a sale on their online store. During the sale, you’ll be able to purchase a game for 20%, two games for 30% off and three+ games for 50% off

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/21/square-enix-usa-holding-discount-sale/#83VFwFBJqgQL5UDj.99
I was pretty hyped for LR CE at $45 (even if it is for the xbox), but the $100 shipping requirement, tax, and lack of stock on anything decent quickly killed my mood.

Thanks though. Ordered a bunch of filler that I kinda sorta wanted.

I didn't think it was worth its own thread but Play-Asia is having a 20% off in-stock items sale now through the 28th. I was hoping to snag a couple more things but I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger on Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost already when I just got the first game a couple weeks ago. I was hoping that the Initial D Extreme Stage game would see a discount but it's not in stock so that's out. Everything else I'm looking at is too new or not in stock as well.

I didn't think it was worth its own thread but Play-Asia is having a 20% off in-stock items sale now through the 28th. I was hoping to snag a couple more things but I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger on Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost already when I just got the first game a couple weeks ago. I was hoping that the Initial D Extreme Stage game would see a discount but it's not in stock so that's out. Everything else I'm looking at is too new or not in stock as well.
http://www.play-asia.com/playasia.com-spring-sale-20-off-instock-products-paOS-17-74-55x-49-en.html

Hmmm. Not sure if I should get Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost right now. :lol:

I just saw Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories. Any chance it'll have a platinum for each game? I get the feeling that it may be a single plat despite warranting multiple. Would be a heck of a deal for the import trophy hunter. Six plats from a single disc? Sign me up!

PS3 is sold out.

Thanks - I already have my PS3 LR CE, but I can't say no to TR & Thief on the PS4 for $30/each, along w/ a $15 KH 1.5. Checking with a friend now, if he's interested in getting a copy of one of those PS4 games as well then the order will qualify for free shipping. :)

And since One Piece is a Namco-Bandai I'm gonna wait to make sure they don't announce a special edition before preordering. Definitely getting that one tho, looks awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back