Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm playing through Xenogears right now and it slow and boring in the beginning. I was about to stop playing but I read it picks up after the part I am in so I haven't stopped yet. The random battles are rage inducing and the camera is terrible but I hear the story makes up for it. Thanks for the basically what happens post - I know how difficult it is to use spoiler tags.
yeah the plots got alot of filler in it at the beginning especially all the stupid surrounding bart. plot picks up in small bursts around kislev and when billy arrives but doesn't really gets going until after you finish the god awful tower of babel. that place can go to hell and earns the game a 6 outta 10 right there for me. Fricken terrible ass platforming.

I felt the story was serviceable but it makes more sense backwards than it does forwards since alot of stuff that happens early on you wouldn't think about and the whole god thing isn't even brought up till the very end of the game.

I don't care that the game is kinda fugly btw just that it plays horribly slow (mainly on land battles. If battles were mech only It'd be far less of a criticism). I've played games older than it and they have aged well. xenogears didn't and while the story has potential and does both unique and creative things its written poorly for starters and sounds better as an over complicated premise.

btw supposedly the record of agarest war trio is on psn for 50 bucks and is a little over 36 gb to download. just thought I'd mention it

I see the sarcastic tone, but NISA were the ones that listed it as an exclusive: http://store.nisamerica.com/Exclusives
Either NISA made an error, or GS and Amazon and such will pull their preorders since NISA decided to go exclusive with it. Not the first time preorders have been pulled, afterall.
I think NISA just made a mistake. It doesn't say exclusive anywhere and it just looks like they stuck it in the wrong area of their website.

The CE of Nep PP looks kinda weak compared to the other CEs but the price is relatively low though. The ear buds seem pretty nice as well. I think this is the game that will finally push me to get a Vita.

The CE of Nep PP looks kinda weak compared to the other CEs but the price is relatively low though. The ear buds seem pretty nice as well. I think this is the game that will finally push me to get a Vita.
Hmm yea agree it is weak. No soundtrack again... not liking this new trend :cry:. Sucks they did it on Mugen Souls Z. And now on this one too.. and isn't this one based around a music/idol theme?

Edit - Just noticed the lack of artbook too.... Missing two of the big sellers for me. =\

Persona 4 "Classic" is coming out on April 8th. It won't be Golden, just the Original PS2 version. Still holding out for HD Collection. ><

Also, Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection, is coming out on the Vita, retail and digitally, on June 3rd. For those who don't know what PP is, it is basically an Idol Simulator, much in the vein of Idolm@ster but it includes camera angels and lights. The Creators of Dream C Club made this game by the way.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/03/hyperdimension-neptunia-producing-perfection-takes-stage-june-3/
It would be kind of awesome if there was PS3 HD collection of Persona 3 and 4 that includes all the content of P3, P3:FES, Persona 3 Portable, and P4:Golden.

Never played a Hyperdimension Neptunia game. It seems like something different, on my watch list of games to get when I get a Vita.

I have many anime cloth wipes. I actually had 2 kuroneko (lost both!!!) a Kobato one which I currently use, will have a Miku one, and this make some more. I'm a huge fan of this addition! The ear buds are ok....wish a soundtrack CD was included instead but the CE will get my money.

Anyone deal with Amazon via Most Wanted, DealTavern, eStarland, or AtomicGaming?

I'm considering getting Guided Fate Paradox, Atelier Meruru, Atelier Totori, and Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 for $30 each from those retailers.

Anyone deal with Amazon via Most Wanted, DealTavern, eStarland, or AtomicGaming?

I'm considering getting Guided Fate Paradox, Atelier Meruru, Atelier Totori, and Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 for $30 each from those retailers.
I would likely trust those four sellers since I've typically seen at least 3 of those 4 sellers on Amazon rather frequently and they do have rather good ratings. I have ordered a premium edition of a PSP game from Atomic Gaming from the past and the item was unharmed. I just ordered something from Most Wanted, so I can't say much about it yet. Deal Tavern I just see relatively frequently on Amazon. I never dealt with eStarland through Amazon but usually through their own site or eBay and they've been mostly good to me, the one exception was today when I bought Ragnarok Odyssey ACE for Vita and they put the launch edition box in an appropriately sized bubble mailer, so there were a couple corners that were slightly crumpled, so probably beware if it's something that comes in a box.

I've considered ordering items from them in the past and while they have good reputations, after doing research(some of them have ebay stores also like Deal Tavern) they seem to sell resealed games now and then. They might just hoard large inventory and a resealed game will sneak in now and then, but I prefer to stay away from sellers with a resealed reputation, because the majority of buyers can't discern the difference or don't care, so I'd venture to guess there are a lot more than even reported.

I just hate resealed games in general. It's not taken as a major offense in the retail industry, but to me it is the equivalent of getting a pizza with a slice missing. It's dishonest and wastes one's time.

I purchased a PSP game from DealTavern which I believe is a reseal. There was a single clear fingerprint on the UMD casing (I'm certain it wasn't mine) but everything else was more than perfect. You have to keep in mind that reseals also happen at the factory level for various reasons, such as manually "fixing" and resealing copies that aren't properly processed the first time through (dislodged disc, missing an insert, broken case, etc.) As long as it's not a resealed shelf copy that displays wear, I don't really mind.

Never had an issue with DealTavern (i've ordered 3 or 4 times from them) and have not used the other 3 before.

An Idolm@ster type game in the US on Vita?

Welp, gotta support that.
Absolutely! The LE though has much to be desired though... earbuds? Meh. Will order the SE.

Never had an issue with DealTavern (i've ordered 3 or 4 times from them) and have not used the other 3 before.

It'd be nice if this sold well enough to grab the attention of Bamco to release some console Idolm@ster games over here as well other than those drab iPad releases.
This is the nichiest of niche... I'd be quite impressed if this sold better than project diva F, even if they are completely different types of games.

I've never dealt with any of them as their prices are generally higher than most new and used sellers >.>

Absolutely! The LE though has much to be desired though... earbuds? Meh. Will order the SE.
I want to support any NIS releases for the Vita in the hopes of having more ported over, but this will be game I'll snag the SE if I get it at all.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP listing is up on gamestop, as well as One Piece Unlimited World Red on gamestop for ps3/vita

eStarland is a legitimate site but they usually have trouble keeping prices competitive with online retailers, plus their shipping is usually a little steep.

Needs that Gamer's Club Unlocked Discount. :lol: xD
bestbuy has been reluctant to add really niche games. Hyperdimension Neptunia PP is a toss up, if project diva f is any indication. yet, they somehow has the listing for a used copy of project diva f

eStarland is a legitimate site but they usually have trouble keeping prices competitive with online retailers, plus their shipping is usually a little steep.
their prices are ridiculous sometimes, almost as bad as walmart for some old games. i mostly deal with MOST WANTED, deal tavern, and big game vendor on amazon storefront.

bestbuy has been reluctant to add really niche games. Hyperdimension Neptunia PP is a toss up, if project diva f is any indication. yet, they somehow has the listing for a used copy of project diva f
Gotta have hope. ;D

mostly likely universal msrp price drop. it is oop, right? i am tempted to pick up, but seeing as the sequel The Guided Fate: Cross Thesis Awakening is coming out. i am undecided
It's apparently OOP from what I've heard but I'm not sure. I'm still going to pick it up nonetheless. I recommend you watch some gameplay videos first before making a decision? :lol:

Gotta have hope. ;D

It's apparently OOP from what I've heard but I'm not sure. I'm still going to pick it up nonetheless. I recommend you watch some gameplay videos first before making a decision? :lol:
doesn't it play similar to games like disgaea d2, record of record of agarest war? i am hoping bestbuy carries akibas trip, and the one piece game tho. i am probably going to preorder it at gamestop next week, or so.

But content wise (graphics, characters, quests, etc), no changes?
A reason to get it if you have the console version: to help support companies bringing JRPGs to steam, so we can get more of them and hopefully some other overlooked ones like half minute hero 2 (different publisher but still)

as for changes... "PC improvements such as cloud saving (which has also been added to Agarest very recently), the ability to decide which direction you wish the controls to be offset in and a big request that we met was a revamping of the DLC menu. We have now given you more control over how the DLC is managed. You can now pick and choose how it is added to your existing saves." so yeah not a ton different, but it is a solid port and shouldn't have many bugs at release. with releases like this, there has never really been a chance we would see much in the way of content changes as it's a port done by a third party and not the original creators of the game. Perhaps down the line if the games sell well enough though the original creators will become interested in doing the port and will add more content.

their prices are ridiculous sometimes, almost as bad as walmart for some old games. i mostly deal with MOST WANTED, deal tavern, and big game vendor on amazon storefront.
I think deal tavern is the same as game quest direct -- I've never had any issues when ordering from them. Most Wanted, Shark Distributors, and Big Game Vendor seem pretty much the same to me -- usually no issues, but they will occasionally send you the English import version of the game. If you get a separate non-English instruction manual, that's a dead giveaway. Of course, Amazon also sent me a Canadian import version once (had bilingual English/French on the boxcover, plus the upc didn't match the USA retail release). Also, haven't received any resealed games from any of these sellers (can't say the same about HitGaming or Hubbagames). If in doubt, I compare wrappings at different retail stores..

A reason to get it if you have the console version: to help support companies bringing JRPGs to steam, so we can get more of them and hopefully some other overlooked ones like half minute hero 2 (different publisher but still)

as for changes... "PC improvements such as cloud saving (which has also been added to Agarest very recently), the ability to decide which direction you wish the controls to be offset in and a big request that we met was a revamping of the DLC menu. We have now given you more control over how the DLC is managed. You can now pick and choose how it is added to your existing saves." so yeah not a ton different, but it is a solid port and shouldn't have many bugs at release. with releases like this, there has never really been a chance we would see much in the way of content changes as it's a port done by a third party and not the original creators of the game. Perhaps down the line if the games sell well enough though the original creators will become interested in doing the port and will add more content.
Thanks for the info. Not enough of a reason for me to double dip though.

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP is also called Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP in japan right?

if so i found some actual in game walkthrough video,
This made very little sense to me, but looks alright. I hope by playing this game in case I ever want to import one of these games in the future I will kind of get the systems (like Love Live, IdolM@ster or whatever it is, etc...). Just good to see NISA taking a risk, and I hope everyone shows them with their monies.

This made very little sense to me, but looks alright. I hope by playing this game in case I ever want to import one of these games in the future I will kind of get the systems (like Love Live, IdolM@ster or whatever it is, etc...). Just good to see NISA taking a risk, and I hope everyone shows them with their monies.
IdolM@ster plays like this. A part of it anyways.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qe_dxENmB10[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back