Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly more on-topic post:

Has anyone seen the IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box in stock anywhere?

I held off on my order because on play-asia's search page it says "announced, pre-orders coming soon" but I just noticed that if you actually click on the item they say that they've already sold all of their allocations.
Here ya go http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VLJM-35111

Honestly it looks like a pretty lame CE. If there is no localization announcement around the time the game comes out (and I'm not expecting one, this would be a pretty major risk for Xseed) I'll probably import the regular game. IA is my favorite vocaloid, so I will play this game one way or another >__>

Slightly more on-topic post:

Has anyone seen the IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box in stock anywhere?

I held off on my order because on play-asia's search page it says "announced, pre-orders coming soon" but I just noticed that if you actually click on the item they say that they've already sold all of their allocations.
i recommend amiami, nippon-yasan or cdjapan. never buy anything from play-asia unless you enjoy paying 50-80 dollars more for the same CE.

Here ya go http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/VLJM-35111

Honestly it looks like a pretty lame CE. If there is no localization announcement around the time the game comes out (and I'm not expecting one, this would be a pretty major risk for Xseed) I'll probably import the regular game. IA is my favorite vocaloid, so I will play this game one way or another >__>
I cancelled mine recently....I mainly wanted the card case...but yeah a bit too much (also already have a Miku Pouch which is fine). IT does help for anyone importing it's 40 dollars which is quite a bit cheaper than usual to import a new game....something to think about.

i recommend amiami, nippon-yasan or cdjapan. never buy anything from play-asia unless you enjoy paying 50-80 dollars more for the same CE.
I normally go AmiAmi because they usually have exclusive bonuses or cdjapan when I have credit to burn.

I cancelled mine recently....I mainly wanted the card case...but yeah a bit too much (also already have a Miku Pouch which is fine). IT does help for anyone importing it's 40 dollars which is quite a bit cheaper than usual to import a new game....something to think about.
i hope it is release in the west/localize in the future. i prefer the art animation/art style to hastune miku

My two orders of Conception II fro Best Buy finally came on Friday. Both packed in poly bags, both crushed.

My Demon Gaze from NISA hasn't shipped.

Sigh.

My Demon Gaze hasn't shipped yet because of stupid billing issues. I wasn't going to play it right away, but it's still annoying. I already get ridiculously behind on recording on time unboxings and collection updates, so having things arrive late just makes that worse. lol

Got my Demon Gaze, I guess NIS learned from the shipping complaints since mine was basically taped and cocooned in bubble wrap.

Looking forward to starting it soon, one of the forums I frequent gave it a pretty glowing review.

I received Demon Gaze LE from NIS today.

It is in perfect condition (shipped in a sturdy box w bubble wrap inside).

My Conception II from Best Buy arrived in a bubble mailer

it is slighly crushed...

ehhhhh.. not sure what to do (keep it/return it)

Got Demon Gaze as well. Packed very well. Saving the box and bubble wrap and going to reuse it for ebay down the road. I do that with most of my stuff. My storage has like 50 boxes from the last few years and all this packing material. Saves me money.

Make me #4 for satisfied NIS customers. Mine was safely wrapped in bubble wrap and inside of a sturdy box. No dings, wrinkles, or caved in sections of the box. 

med_gallery_63080_7234_175964.jpg

Make me #4 for satisfied NIS customers. Mine was safely wrapped in bubble wrap and inside of a sturdy box. No dings, wrinkles, or caved in sections of the box.

med_gallery_63080_7234_175964.jpg
Same here, high five! Glad they learned from their mistakes in the last pre-orders~

Still waiting for my copy of Demon Gaze to arrive but going by the positive posts above it should arrive in excellent condotion. I will email them and thanking them for the nice packing :).

I just received another shipping confirmation for the items missing from my Nisa order. What's the point of holding onto pre-order items, until they are all available, if they are just going to ship them individually anyway?

Can you only get PSP2 if you've purchased it previously? I don't see it in the store doing a search. I have a hard copy, but playing on the Vita would've been neat to try.

Also! Is Play-Asia really so bad for some things? Their IA/VT Colorful is only $51 vs CDJapan's $46.70 - combine that with the $5 off coupons Play-Asia sends out and Free (or $1 if you want a box) shipping and they don't seem so bad. Is it just LE's they gouge?

I just received another shipping confirmation for the items missing from my Nisa order. What's the point of holding onto pre-order items, until they are all available, if they are just going to ship them individually anyway?
My first dealings with NISA came with Trigger Happy Havoc LE, and although they seem to have good CS, it really seems to be an ass backwards operation. I had my original 3 item order get sent broken in shipments of 2 in one box, and 1 in the second box. Three of the same item, so why ship from two separate locations? Of course the one item shipped alone was damaged, so I made a "ticket" on their website, and I got more than one replacement some of which came damage, some of which did not.

They also responded to my support tickets even after they had already done so. NISA is a text book case of the "right" hand not knowing what the "left" is doing. I got several replacements that shouldn't have been sent, as well as replies to tickets that had already been answered. I was more than satisfied in the end, but they seemed to waste a lot of time and money doing things rather backwards.

Am I the only one whose Demon Gaze LE is still sitting at "processing"?
Nope, mine is still showing the same as well. As I stated above, they are a good company, but whomever is running the fulfillment portion of things should be fired and replaced.

Tales of Hearts R coming out here is awesome but I won't fully believe it until it happens.

Is there a benefit to Namco Bandai by having Tales of Hearts R be a GS exclusive?

Would it help or hurt sales in your opinion?

Tales of Hearts R coming out here is awesome but I won't fully believe it until it happens.

Is there a benefit to Namco Bandai by having Tales of Hearts R be a GS exclusive?

Well, you can see what they did with Xenoblade when they had it as an exclusive. Having less places to buy will definitely hurt sales imo.

Pikupstyks, on 22 Apr 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:
Suikoden II was maybe confirmed to be added to PSN soon.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/looks-like-suikoden-ii-will-re-released-playstation-network/

I'd love to see the old physical version drop to $30 like FF7 did. Finally the wait's over.

I didn't follow Xenoblade so that was an GS exclusive too then?

Personally I feel like it can only hurt sales to limit the places it's sold, so I don't get why a company would do it.

But in the end I'm just glad it's coming out and I'll preorder it to support it.

Now how about PS3 Vesperia next Namco you promised you would never localize that either. lol

Tales of Hearts R coming out here is awesome but I won't fully believe it until it xxc.a

From what I understand from my brother who used to be a manager at gamestop. Gamestop promises to buy x amount of copies from Namco Bandai. For sake of argument lets say 100,000 copies that they won't return to Namco. So in Bandai Namcos mind they already have 100,000 sold. Which is why gamestop was able to ressurect xenoblade at super high used prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back