Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
That article was written by an IGN UK author, plus the CE is obviously for UK territories, so we'll have to see if our release date is the Tuesday of that week (8/19) or the following week (8/26).

Either way, I know what I want for my birthday.
Looks like it's August 19th for us: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/tales-xillia-2-collectors-edition-comes-figurine/

Very awesome. That's a pretty fantastic CE if we get that one. I still haven't unboxed my ToX CE. Looks like this one will be as equally as difficult to not unbox.
See the above link--we're getting the CE, too:

• Tales of Xillia 2 game
  • Ludger Kresnik figurine
  • Elle’s Pocket Watch replica
  • Rollo plush charm
  • Tales of Xillia 2 music selection CD
  • Tales of Xillia 2 art book
  • Tales of costume DLC (Yuri Lowell, Emil Castagnier, and Asbel Lhant)
Best Buy better carry it... :pray:

Looks like it's August 19th for us: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/22/tales-xillia-2-collectors-edition-comes-figurine/

• Tales of Xillia 2 game
  • Rollo plush charm
I wonder when pre-orders for this will be available. Really want to put one down on it ASAP.

• Tales of Xillia 2 game
  • Rollo plush charm
Right on man. Looks like I'll have to make sure there's a place on my display shelf beside ToX1 to set this one. My backlog has seriously grown these last few months. I need to get with it and beat some of these JRPGs!!

That article was written by an IGN UK author, plus the CE is obviously for UK territories, so we'll have to see if our release date is the Tuesday of that week (8/19) or the following week (8/26).

Either way, I know what I want for my birthday.
The CE looks similar to the Xillia 1 CE. The US will probably get the same CE. My birthday is 8/26, so this will be a wonderful birthday present for myself.

Damn, some nice localization news right there.  Definitely will get Xillia 2 (I hope they also have a limited edition version like with Xillia.  I'm not really interested in spending $100 (or $80 with GCU) on that).  Might bite on Theatrhythem (though I haven't played the first).  

• Tales of Xillia 2 game
  • Rollo plush charm
if tales of xilla collectors edition is any indication. they will def carry it.

• Tales of Xillia 2 game
  • Rollo plush charm
Day one purchase if BB has it!! For $80, this will be worth it. The back of my mind thinks that they will overproduce this one like they did the first CE, but with GCU, I'd call it a wash.

Same here. I think I'd rather deal with Digital River theb this other shipping company they're currently dealing with.
No, no you wouldn't. Mine finally shipped last night. The tracking number dosen't show any progress yet though.

Going to buy a vanilla copy of Demon Gaze tonight from BBY, and exchange my really crushed Conception II copy. Somehow, my BBY has both of them in stock.

I just don't understand why the hell they didn't put the metalpak in ours. But for Symphonia only NA got the Steelbook. Like, why do they do this shit? Now I'll be importing and spending more. And I'll be one less person buying a CE in this region, so they can look at it and say that we aren't interested and it's not viable here.

A bit of an exageration, but they really create these stupid situations.

I just don't understand why the hell they didn't put the metalpak in ours. But for Symphonia only NA got the Steelbook. Like, why do they do this shit? Now I'll be importing and spending more. And I'll be one less person buying a CE in this region, so they can look at it and say that we aren't interested and it's not viable here. A bit of an exageration, but they really create these stupid situations.
Might be a silly question, but do the developers of the game release the CEs (Namco in this case) or do they contract them out to other companies?

[quote name="Cloyd" post="11707042" timestamp="1398192238"]Might be a silly question, but do the developers of the game release the CEs (Namco in this case) or do they contract them out to other companies? [/quote]

I'm sure that's all down to the publisher (Namco Bandai).

[quote name="Supplice" post="11707248" timestamp="1398196892"]Look like you just answered your own question. :lol:[/quote]

I'll be spending more because of exchange rates and shipping. I'm not sure that's really beneficial to them.

If that pocket watch actually worked, I would have bought that Xillia 2 CE.

Going to just get the vanilla version.
Vanilla as well for me, can't justify that CE....I almost justified the first one but decided against it as well.....

Edit:

Also Trailers for

Tales of Hearts R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whnTl182zFc

One Piece: Unlimited World Red

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohkYxCcgvQ

$130, really? Pass. $100 is a maybe, but probably not. $80 would be a yes. Guess I'm banking on a $60 LE with (nearly) exact artbook/soundtrack/codes.

Slightly more on-topic post:

Has anyone seen the IA/VT Colorful Crystal Box in stock anywhere?

I held off on my order because on play-asia's search page it says "announced, pre-orders coming soon" but I just noticed that if you actually click on the item they say that they've already sold all of their allocations.
It is now available again on AmiAmi. Cheapest price you will find. Had to order one myself as it looks quite nice

I just don't understand why the hell they didn't put the metalpak in ours. But for Symphonia only NA got the Steelbook. Like, why do they do this shit? Now I'll be importing and spending more. And I'll be one less person buying a CE in this region, so they can look at it and say that we aren't interested and it's not viable here. A bit of an exageration, but they really create these stupid situations.
If you aren't happy about spending more, then just don't import. Buy the NA CE and call it a day. Support the sales here and save a few bucks.

I have the Xillia 1 CE, but will probably hold off on this one. I remember it being on sale from time to time, so I'll probably either try for that, or just stick with the vanilla for this. If the watch actually worked, that would be more tempting.

When does Drakenguard 3 come out? I've been waiting to change my mailing address on my credit card and with the post office until after it ships, so my preorder doesn't get jacked up.

When does Drakenguard 3 come out? I've been waiting to change my mailing address on my credit card and with the post office until after it ships, so my preorder doesn't get jacked up.
Double check your bank statement first. I know digitalriver charged me on the same day I placed my order.

Namco has overplayed their hand. I'm passing at that price. Will wait for $80 sale, LE, or a sub $20 vanilla copy of the game.
I agree with this.
I would be fine paying 100 even through for collector's edition 80 bucks is an great sweet spot. 130 is asking too much.

so I'm passing on this one.

Looking forward to both one piece unlimited world red and tales of heart R. ( need an vita through :( )

Trailer for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call.

http://youtu.be/r6OG9vWOdlg

Man, fuck statues in collector's editions. They're always sub-par. Smaller nendoroid type figures are okay, but leave the scaled figures to the companies that know what they're doing. Such a waste. The statue looks just as cheap as the first one. And a replica watch that doesn't actually work? My Lightning Returns CE cost less and comes with one that actually functions.

This is a lackluster CE even at $100, let alone $130. fuck.

so that is getting localized with music from type 0 in it?  that's just as bad as the carta game and cameos for tales games that never got localized :(

as for the ce called it.  I also hope they have a le again but I wouldn't count on it this close to release they would of announced it by now one would think.  Also you can prettymuch guarantee that it will go on sale multiple times again just like the other ce's at that price.  Only way it might not would be a super limited print like vesperia.

seriously don't know what happened there as I preordered vesperia and didn't even find out about the ce until years later.

If you aren't happy about spending more, then just don't import. Buy the NA CE and call it a day. Support the sales here and save a few bucks.
Pretty much the only item a CE can include that will all but 'force' me to buy it a steelbook or metalpak. If it was anything else, then I would just say screw it and get ours.

Got my Demon Gaze, someone at NISA took packing to a new level...
I wish Amazon did that. Got my Conception II and the outer box was crushed. Amazon and I have been through this but they refuse to learn. Sent it back for an exchange. Will repeat until I get an undamaged one.

I wish Amazon did that. Got my Conception II and the outer box was crushed. Amazon and I have been through this but they refuse to learn. Sent it back for an exchange. Will repeat until I get an undamaged one.
Do that too often, and your account and all information that go with it will be banned for life. Why even order something like that from them? Gamestop in-store is the best bet for anything in a box that can be damaged.

Do that too often, and you're account and all information that go with it will be banned for life. Why even order something like that from them? Gamestop in-store is the best bet for anything in a box that can be damaged.
Agree, although my local Gamestop only had damaged copies of Conception II. I ended up buying it from the local indie game shop.

Do that too often, and you're account and all information that go with it will be banned for life. Why even order something like that from them? Gamestop in-store is the best bet for anything in a box that can be damaged.
luckily my post office seems to be decent and at most my games only come slightly crushed (conception 2 from amazon came and had only enough damage that it was noticeable if I looked at it hard)

I wish amazon would package better, but game stop is to much of a pain to go to anymore (the entrance I use has always been a one way in... the exit was redone and no longer exits back to the street I need, so I have to take a huge detour to get home anymore -_-)... I don't feel like wasting 2 hours and $10 in gas to go get a copy that should be less damage but might be opened already then deal with very minor damage on very few items :p

Pretty much the only item a CE can include that will all but 'force' me to buy it a steelbook or metalpak. If it was anything else, then I would just say screw it and get ours.
For me it's usually the combo artbook/soundtrack. I usually expect this to cost just a bit more unless it's a full artbook and it rarely ever is outside of Blizzard games and I think Dark Souls 2 came with a full one.

Just out of pure curiosity, what is the price point that would allow you to go "Nah, too much money even if it has a steelbook."

Just out of pure curiosity, what is the price point that would allow you to go "Nah, too much money even if it has a steelbook."
Probably the same as him, depends on the rarity and desirability of the steelbook. Considering I have spent $50-80 on a steelbook before, it really really depends.

On the Xillia 2 one, I'd pay $20-30 minimum for the metalpack alone, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back