Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Class of Heroes 2G an actual PS3 game, like with trophies and what not? Might look into grabbing a physical copy if it's any good.
It will be a physical game. I'm not quite sure if it has trophy support. The Japanese release has a trophy list, so there might be one for the English vers? :lol:

I've been contemplating a vita for a while now,
is Danganronpa 2 any good?

What is it like?

Is it like 999 / Virtue Last Reward ? i loved those games.
Did you play the first one? If I had to give a short answer, it's like a mix of Ace Attorney and the Zero Escape series (999/VLR) with a little bit of life sim.

IMO, I enjoy Danganronpa a lot more than 999/VLR, so I'm looking forward to the second one. As long as you don't have the story spoil, it's a really tense game and keeps you at the edge of your seat trying to figure who's next and who will do it.

It's more of a Visual Novel with an exploring element kinda like VLR, but once an event takes place, you search for clues, and then go into trial mode.

Did you play the first one? If I had to give a short answer, it's like a mix of Ace Attorney and the Zero Escape series (999/VLR) with a little bit of life sim.

IMO, I enjoy Danganronpa a lot more than 999/VLR, so I'm looking forward to the second one. As long as you don't have the story spoil, it's a really tense game and keeps you at the edge of your seat trying to figure who's next and who will do it.

It's more of a Visual Novel with an exploring element kinda like VLR, but once an event takes place, you search for clues, and then go into trial mode.
I've never played the first one, but I 'm planning to get that as soon as I get the Vita.

To give a second opinion, I think 999 was better then Danganronpa. Danganropa was much closer to the Ace Attorney where they've got a contrived story that you have to figure out, and usually you figure it out well before the game lets you move to the conclusion. 999's story had a lot of reading (basically visual novel), so I can understand that it's not for everyone.

The puzzles in Danganronpa also play out like Ace Attorney, you have to pay attention to what's being said and yell at the contradictions. And I often feel like I could argue with the "truths" they use that aren't necessarily true. Whereas the 999 puzzles were very varied, more like a point-and-click adventure.

The most important part is, if you are considering playing Danganropa DO NOT watch the anime first.

Having said my piece though, I'll add that I've already pre-ordered the LE for Danganronpa 2, so I do second the recommendation of getting the first one.

Right, because Newegg preorders have worked so well in the past. :roll:
well, if you are hoping bestbuy will relist Atelier Rorona Plus on their website for preorder. i wouldn't count on it, since they delist the sku, meaning they most likely will not be getting any.

well, if you are hoping bestbuy will relist Atelier Rorona Plus on their website for preorder. i wouldn't count on it, since they delist the sku, meaning they most likely will not be getting any.
Yeah, I'll probably just preorder it at Gamestop so I can at least get those exclusive DLC costumes.

Youre probably right, but I'm going to keep bugging them about it every day

Persona Q E3 Trailer:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/09/persona-q-e3-trailer

Looks great and great song in the trailer too. The subtitles look a bit weird but everything else is great. Too bad vague Fall 2014 date still but at least it's this year!

I know very little about Yu-gi-oh (I tried one of the old GBC games i think and it made no sense to me)....but there's a trailer for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal World Duel Carnival coming to the 3DS e-shop in September....boo:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/09/yu-gi-oh-zexal-world-duel-carnival-3ds-gets-trailer/

I have played many, many games of MTG over the years (fun but such a money pit) and I don't understand anything in Yu-gi-oh. I will try it maybe depending on the price. I know Yu-gi-oh games haven't come over in a while so it's interesting at least.

BTW how come no more Pokemon Card Game games have come out. I really liked the GBC one and always wished there would be a newer edition come out.......some day....

Does anyone know if Persona Q is gonna be eshop only? Is it even gonna be dubbed?
I can't think of any reason why it would be eshop only. It's a bigger title then the EO games that it's somewhat based off of, and those get physical releases... As for dubbed... Atlus usually dubs their games, but does this game even have voice overs? If it does it will likely be dubbed and not have japanese voices available.

Vita TV, now called Playstation TV, is officially coming to the West in the Fall for $99 base and $139 with HDMI, DS3 Controller, 8 gb memory card, and a voucher for LEGO Movie the Game.

I love you Vita, but I also want to play my Vita Games on the TV too. :lol: 

Vita TV, now called Playstation TV, is officially coming to the West in the Fall for $99 base and $139 with HDMI, DS3 Controller, 8 gb memory card, and a voucher for LEGO Movie the Game.

Amen to that! I've been playing my Vita way more at home and would love to be able to see it on a 42" screen opposed to a 5".

Glad I didn't bother importing it. That bundle price seems pretty good too.

Well, this makes me glad I didn't buy a Vita in the meantime. I did want to play some of the games that are coming out for the Vita, but I'm not really into mobile game. I still have a DS lite and I've yet to finish an eighth of the games I have for it.

I'll just buy the base model along with a memory card for any downloadable games and DLC.

I've heard that not all games work for the PS TV. Is there going to be a list of what will be compatible? Should I just assume it's anything that doesn't use the mic, camera, or gyroscope?

Edit: Never mind about the last part, forgot to check on Wikipedia for a list.

Also can't forget Bloodborne...successor to Dark Souls...PS4 exclusive woot:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/09/softwares-project-beast-bloodborne-ps4/

BTW did anyone get a kick out of them mentioning Tales of Hearts R? I think Vita got the snub....I wanted one new exclusive Vita game...just 1....and I didn't get one. It's good that the Vita is becoming a PS3 playing machine in the future with PS NOW and an indie machine (love this) but where are the first party games? I just wanted a tease and all I got was a small little oh yeah vita Tales of Hearts R and that Tales from Borderlands or whatever it is called...that's it.

PS4 is getting so much and next year looks amazing...Vita...hello my niche baby. 

yeah, i can finally play some of the vita titles i purchased cheap, while waiting for the ps vita handheld to drop to $100. i can now just get a vita tv. LOL

Hey quick question, does gamestop charge your card when you preorder or when the item ships? Since i'm going to be getting a Vita later this year I wanted to preorder Tales of Heart R and unfortunately it's through gamestop only so blah. Mind you, I have no issue with Gamestop except for their website sort of blows and I don't feel like driving 20 minutes in traffic to preorder a game.  :-({|=

Hey quick question, does gamestop charge your card when you preorder or when the item ships? Since i'm going to be getting a Vita later this year I wanted to preorder Tales of Heart R and unfortunately it's through gamestop only so blah. Mind you, I have no issue with Gamestop except for their website sort of blows and I don't feel like driving 20 minutes in traffic to preorder a game. :-({|=
I pre-ordered Yakuza Dead Souls online before and I don't believe I was charged until it came out....man that game busted in price. To think that would be the last English Yakuza game so far...ouch! Hopefully someone can answer better as that was a while back.

Hey quick question, does gamestop charge your card when you preorder or when the item ships? Since i'm going to be getting a Vita later this year I wanted to preorder Tales of Heart R and unfortunately it's through gamestop only so blah. Mind you, I have no issue with Gamestop except for their website sort of blows and I don't feel like driving 20 minutes in traffic to preorder a game. :-({|=
I pre-ordered Atelier Escha from them for the DLCs. I didn't get charged for the game till I went to pick it up. When you pre-order it on the website, the credit card info you place down during that time will only be used as verification that you were the one who made that pre-order on the website, meaning you also have to pay with that credit card too when you pick it up.

Thank you Nitrosmob and Angelsplight.

I also see CAG16 and saver as gamestop codes mentioned from time to time, is saver free shipping? Or is it the CAG one?

Sorry for all the q's.

I also see CAG16 and saver as gamestop codes mentioned from time to time, is saver free shipping? Or is it the CAG one?
SAVER is for free shipping. Not sure what CAG16 is for, or if it's even still valid.

Anyone know what Japanese PS3 games are available for pre-order at Best Buy? I just went to buy a GCU membership today and pre-ordered Akiba's Trip and Fairy Fencer F. I also saw that Natural Doctrine, Persona 4 Arena U and Arcana Heart 3 are on there (probably won't get the former), but I didn't see anything else. I'm also hoping they have Xblaze before it releases, as I had to go to Gamestop earlier to be sure I get a copy but I'd rather take advantage of the discount.

Equstina,

My Tablet seems to be fidgeting so I can't exactly quote your post. Anyways, CAG16 saves you 16% off the purchase price of a used game. As for it's state of 'expiration' I've been able to use it multiple times on GameStop's website. Even if, and I stress that if the site will alert you if it works or not if you add it to cart.

Equstina,

My Tablet seems to be fidgeting so I can't exactly quote your post. Anyways, CAG16 saves you 16% off the purchase price of a used game. As for it's state of 'expiration' I've been able to use it multiple times on GameStop's website. Even if, and I stress that if the site will alert you if it works or not if you add it to cart.
Thank you :)

http://www.play-asia.com/eiyuu-densetsu-ao-no-kiseki-evolution-limited-edition-chara-ani--paOS-13-49-en-70-7mt9.html

Holy hell this is one expensive limited edition 0_0

Play-asia seems to be offering a very minor $1 discount for pre-ordering God Eater 2 The Best version coming out next month. Sold my normal version while waiting for that one to release since I barely even touched my game and a cheaper one is coming out in a month =/
*sigh* That LE is more expensive than the Vita itself.

...Still tempted.

pq_glam_thumb.jpg

BAM. $50.

I wonder if the Vita TV release will correspond to account switching being introduced. I'm not sure how much Japan pushes for that, but I know we will here.

Is there a list of games that do and don't work on Vita TV?

I am debating if I want a Vita or Vita TV.

Keep in mind I would really only be buying RPG's or the insanely quirky Japanese game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back