Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get Sword Art Online: Hollowed Fragment? Have they released any information about it for the West yet, such as duel audio? I know that it will be digital only but that is really all I know so far. Is the game any good or is it just another action RPG?
I snagged the subbed Chinese copy a few weeks back, but haven't put a whole lot of time into it. It's very much like playing an MMORPG as you don't have conventional save points. You save as you go from one "zone" to another. So if you die, you go all the way back to when you first zoned in. I haven't gotten into it too far, but it's been pretty fun thus far. I wouldn't call it your typical action rpg.

Anyone find available copies of Sword Art Online Limited Edition (Chinese)?  I really wanted to order, but I missed it.  I'll buy the standard edition if I have to, but I really wanted that Limited Edition.

You aren't going to find any cheap copies of the LE anytime soon. They were going for $100 a month ago, but the price got increased substantially due to demand.

Yeah, they're going to be hard to find, especially for cheap. I was lucky that while I was in Taiwan, I managed to get a store to get one and hold it for me without down payment until like June 9, when they weren't planning on getting any copy of the game for their store. Ended up costing 2650 NTD or about 88.32 USD.

I had even bought the Japanese Limited Edition while I was in Taiwan for more than that.

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 32gb or 64gb Vita memory card? The prices are soo damn expensive everywhere and I really am not up to paying over $80 for one of them

Anyone know where I can get a cheap 32gb or 64gb Vita memory card? The prices are soo damn expensive everywhere and I really am not up to paying over $80 for one of them
I've seen 32GB cards show up on Amazon Warehouse Deals for as low as $45-$50 in the past, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a 64GB card for less than $90 anywhere.

The limited edition of Fairy Fencer F is up for pre-order:

http://store.nisamerica.com/Games/Fairy-Fencer-F-Limited-Edition-with-Beanie

Includes +1 Beanie of Dedication!
You beat me I was trying to make it look nice.

It's out 09/23/2014 and is $74.99.

Limited Edition Includes:
• Fairy Fencer F™ for PS3™
• Hardcover art book
• Original soundtrack with jewel case
(featuring a track composed by Nobuo Uematsu)
• Collector's box
• Bonus item: +1 Beanie of Dedication (7" wide)
A bit much...but RPG CEs are becoming a rarity so i'll get it.

Also whenever I think of this game I think of this girl:

250px-Harler.png

That top would never hold!

I don't know if it got brought up yet but Best Buy has Persona 4 Arena Ultramax Bundle up for pre-order

Xbox

PS3

They also have Persona Q Special edition (the $80 one) listed for $50...But it's coming soon so they'll probably catch it

I don't know if it got brought up yet but Best Buy has Persona 4 Arena Ultramax Bundle up for pre-order

Xbox

PS3

They also have Persona Q Special edition (the $80 one) listed for $50...But it's coming soon so they'll probably catch it
It was actually in stock a few days ago but the name was for the regular version with the Wild Cards photo.

I have a few $5 off coupon codes for play-asia.com sitting around. One is expiring somewhat soon so I thought I'd give it away since I don't think I'll use it.

Your purchase needs to be above $60 to use it.

SG-ZPG-VYP

I kept importing games in the past because I thought they'd never seen localizations .. Monster Monpiece, Project Diva, Akiba's Trip 2 (or wanted a physical copy in the case of FFX HD on Vita).. So I think I'll stop now. :p lol

I also ordered the hell out of that FFF LE. Been waiting for it to show up!

Xbox

PS3

It'd be nice to get the Persona Q premium edition from Best Buy due to GCU. But judging by how Best Buy has treated some of the niche Japanese games listings recently, I'll probably have a backup preorder at Gamestop or Amazon.

I snagged the subbed Chinese copy a few weeks back, but haven't put a whole lot of time into it. It's very much like playing an MMORPG as you don't have conventional save points. You save as you go from one "zone" to another. So if you die, you go all the way back to when you first zoned in. I haven't gotten into it too far, but it's been pretty fun thus far. I wouldn't call it your typical action rpg.
Eh? The game auto-saves every time you change maps so if you die, you just end up at the entrance of that map. On multiplayer mode, the game only saves during the time you return to console room for obvious reasons which would be the only time you can travel to another zone/environment completely, die and lost hours of progress if you decided to never return back.

How is Fairy Fencer F by the way? I noticed it featured music by Uetmatsu so I am slightly intrigued.
I been trying to find reviews and every review that I have read so far said if you like the Hyperdimension Neptunia Series then you will like this game. I mean they are made by the same company so I could see why people are making this connection. It looks as though its just a okay game and nothing amazing from what I am reading so far over at Amazon Japan, but the translations are just okay. Personally I will end up getting it anyway, I have gotten every CE from NIS America for the PS3 for a while now.

Yeah, they're going to be hard to find, especially for cheap. I was lucky that while I was in Taiwan, I managed to get a store to get one and hold it for me without down payment until like June 9, when they weren't planning on getting any copy of the game for their store. Ended up costing 2650 NTD or about 88.32 USD.

I had even bought the Japanese Limited Edition while I was in Taiwan for more than that.
Ok, well if any of you guys see one, post it up! I would pay $100 no problem, but not $200 for sure. Such a cool item to have no window of time to get it. Oh, well.

Eh? The game auto-saves every time you change maps so if you die, you just end up at the entrance of that map. On multiplayer mode, the game only saves during the time you return to console room for obvious reasons which would be the only time you can travel to another zone/environment completely, die and lost hours of progress if you decided to never return back.
Like I said, I'm not too far into it. I ended up having to play the opening quest a few times because I was unaware of the save situation, so I died attacking something much too high for me and died in the process, losing the work. I need to gain a better understanding of how the game works.

Ok, well if any of you guys see one, post it up! I would pay $100 no problem, but not $200 for sure. Such a cool item to have no window of time to get it. Oh, well.
There was definitely a window - but it was closing as soon as it opened and there was no time for deliberation. Some generous soul here posted the eBay link when the single eBay seller of the sets first listed them. I was able to get one at $110 and am very grateful. Just don't know what to do with the JPN box now.

for those who ertr interested in getting the vita version of xblaze code:embryo from bestbuy, here is the message from their mod

Believe it or not, Vita versions of this title were available for a short period of time. Quantities were limited though and it's unlikely that we'll receive any additional shipments moving forward.

Some mediocre games end up being the best! In their own way, of course. 

-Stares longingly at Deadly Premonition-  :applause: 

Another ATLUS sale for PSN. Each game is $3.99

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Odin Sphere

Growlanser: Heritage of War

Persona 3: FES

IMO, Odin Sphere is a really neat gem, definetly worth it. Haven't seen Growlanser in a while either.

Another ATLUS sale for PSN. Each game is $3.99

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Odin Sphere

Growlanser: Heritage of War

Persona 3: FES

IMO, Odin Sphere is a really neat gem, definetly worth it. Haven't seen Growlanser in a while either.
Growlanser: HoW hasn't had a sale yet I think. I also think it's a terrible, terrible game. Awful graphics, terrible character designs, bland story, I hated the fairy competitions, the skill system is extremly broken and hard to use...and good luck if you put some bad skills there that ruined your skill flow....the undos are rare. I got a point where my skill tree wasn't working and I was getting my butt kicked and I still didn't care...probably about 25 hours in. the CE was awesome, but the game itself is terrible. My opinion of course and I usually like even the most lackluster of RPGs.

Ar noSurge Is Coming To The U.S., Too

Ar noSurge is coming to the U.S., Tecmo Koei America have confirmed. Over Twitter, the company’s American division stated: “The detail will come later but the game will come to America, too.”

Ar noSurge was confirmed for a European release earlier this week, but at the time, Tecmo Koei stated that a U.S. release was undecided. Ar noSurge will be available in Europe on September 26th. 

I have a feeling the LE will be fairly available compared to other NISA LEs. There's no special box or anything, it just looks like the game and extras added on. 

Seems the LE for Natural Doctrine costs $20 extra for whatever version you get...getting PS4 version for sure but do I want some bag, some not so nice looking poster and an artbook though I've never liked what I saw of the art.....I don't know? I do like the bag and would have gone for the poster if it's like one of the ladies in the game sprawling across the barren wasteland...than I could be the beauty and the beast.

What a horrible LE...Is anyone sitting there saying to themselves "Oh shit I have to have that generic gray backpack with natural doctrine written across it right now"? I don't think so. No special packaging at the very least, no soundtrack, a flimsy artbook (not even a hardcover), & a poster, because we all can't wait to slap those up on our walls.

No thanks.

Anyone else wonder why NiS also never offers Steelbooks for any of their special releases?

What a horrible LE...Is anyone sitting there saying to themselves "Oh shit I have to have that generic gray backpack with natural doctrine written across it right now"? I don't think so. No special packaging at the very least, no soundtrack, a flimsy artbook (not even a hardcover), & a poster, because we all can't wait to slap those up on our walls.

No thanks.

Anyone else wonder why NiS also never offers Steelbooks for any of their special releases?
Slide..cage..?

Ehhhh.. I was waiting for a Natural Doctrine LE. Kinda iffy on it though. It feels like the game could easily be had for a lower price soon after launch.

Hmmm... "Order now, decide later" is my plan of action on this one.

The bag looks kind of small like a purse. ._.

It's also not listed as an exclusive to the NISA store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back