Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop.com just sold out of the Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition either yesterday night or early this morning. Sucks, because I was *just* about to preorder. Now I've got to deal with Ebay price gougers. :cry:
it will comes, they will suddenly become available on/after release date for a few hours. LOl

Does anyone know why on Best Buy the Tales of Xillia 2 CE page is just gone? I ordered it a while ago and its still in my orders section but the page is gone all together. Will my order still be alright?

Does anyone know why on Best Buy the Tales of Xillia 2 CE page is just gone? I ordered it a while ago and its still in my orders section but the page is gone all together. Will my order still be alright?
You might still be alright, but Best Buy has been cancelling pre-orders of niche games lately, especially once they take it off the website.

You might still be alright, but Best Buy has been cancelling pre-orders of niche games lately, especially once they take it off the website.
Yep, I would suggest everyone have a backup to BB on this one. My order shows the same weird stuff that my other niche games that have cancelled did.

if you kept track of when bestbuy was selling the tales of xilla 1 collectors edition. you would know they over estimated the demand for it. after release date tales of xilla 1. the collectors edition was still available on their website for over a year, before it finally sold out, when they put it on sale. i guess the cost and work in dealing with the publisher in getting these niche games are just profitable/ worthy for them.

Yep, I would suggest everyone have a backup to BB on this one. My order shows the same weird stuff that my other niche games that have cancelled did.
well, you can complain, if they do cancel your preorder. they will probably compensate you with a $100 gift card. LOL

if you kept track of when bestbuy was selling the tales of xilla 1 collectors edition. you would know they over estimated the demand for it. after release date tales of xilla 1. the collectors edition was still available on their website for over a year, before it finally sold out, when they put it on sale. i guess the cost and work in dealing with the publisher in getting these niche games are just profitable/ worthy for them.
Totally irrelevant. Lately BB has been accepting preorders for niche titles and then not fulfilling them at all. That may happen here.

but without the 20% of the LE is way way way over priced instead of just way over priced >.> I can barely maybe justify way overpriced, I can't justify way way way overpriced :p

worst case they cancel my LE and I just get the standard for $48

but without the 20% of the LE is way way way over priced instead of just way over priced >.> I can barely maybe justify way overpriced, I can't justify way way way overpriced :p

worst case they cancel my LE and I just get the standard for $48
I ordered directly from Bandai-Namco's store (fulfilled by Amazon) using their comicon 15% off coupon. Factoring in no tax it came out to exactly the same amount for me. Dunno if the coupon has expired or not, but it's BNS15OFF if you want to give it a try.

I ordered directly from Bandai-Namco's store (fulfilled by Amazon) using their comicon 15% off coupon. Factoring in no tax it came out to exactly the same amount for me. Dunno if the coupon has expired or not, but it's BNS15OFF if you want to give it a try.
Thanks for that coupon argyle, I just used it to preorder the vanilla version of Xillia 2.

i say it gets pushed back again till late oct

whatever became of the

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 LE that was to come out. I would of got that in a second
Different publisher for this game. NISA isn't the publisher for it, instead Idea Factory International is handling it.

Although NISA worked out making a LE for Ar nosurge so I guess anything is possible..

Gamestop.com just sold out of the Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition either yesterday night or early this morning. Sucks, because I was *just* about to preorder. Now I've got to deal with Ebay price gougers. :cry:
pffft doubt you'll have to deal with those. Unless its exclusive to gamestop its gonna be available elsewhere and if its anything like xillia, 2 it will drop in price very quickly. You could get it for 1/3 its price if namco still had its online store but they run through amazon now so no super sales :cry:

I got Conception II for $19.99 at Best Buy (or $16.99 after discount).  If your local store has it, it should be lower than the $37.99 website price.

Different publisher for this game. NISA isn't the publisher for it, instead Idea Factory International is handling it.

Although NISA worked out making a LE for Ar nosurge so I guess anything is possible..
NISA said there was an LE for the game but they never put it up :(

Really?! I wonder how I missed this. Do you have a link to them saying they would do it I could look at?
NISA never said any such thing. The Idea Factory rep said they might make an announcement shortly a few weeks ago, but it's now less than a month from release, so I don't see it happening.

I got Conception II for $19.99 at Best Buy (or $16.99 after discount). If your local store has it, it should be lower than the $37.99 website price.
Is the 3ds version part of this sale? I have heard ppl didn't like the 3ds version, anyone have details as to why 3ds version is disliked?

if you are gonna post a damn link try doing just a normal one instead of whatever that crap you posted was supplice.

anyway to answer your question riku from what I googled only differences seem to be the vita having better sound and image quality otherwise nothing else popped up

if you are gonna post a damn link try doing just a normal one instead of whatever that crap you posted was supplice.

anyway to answer your question riku from what "I" googled only differences seem to be the vita having better sound and image quality otherwise nothing else popped up
It's good to know that my link helped you. :lol:

anyway to answer your question riku from what I googled only differences seem to be the vita having better sound and image quality otherwise nothing else popped up
Seriously, wtf. The guy asked a question here because he figured someone may have heard something or compared the two. If you dont have an answer then dont answer. No need to be an ass hole and post the 'derp how to use google' link. Random google searches on forums the guy doesn't visit do not equal asking a simple question on one that he does in an appropriate thread.

As for the question, I dont know of any difference. My guess is like shadow says just graphic differences. I havent heard of any major things like the save issue the 999 sequal had.

By the way what sale are you guys talking about, i still see it as $40 for the 3ds and $38 for the vita version (what a clearance deal!) Is it just some stores marking it down?

Seriously, wtf. The guy asked a question here because he figured someone may have heard something or compared the two. If you dont have an answer then dont answer. No need to be an ass hole and post the 'derp how to use google' link. Random google searches on forums the guy doesn't visit do not equal asking a simple question on one that he does in an appropriate thread.

As for the question, I dont know of any difference. My guess is like shadow says just graphic differences. I havent heard of any major things like the save issue the 999 sequal had.

By the way what sale are you guys talking about, i still see it as $40 for the 3ds and $38 for the vita version (what a clearance deal!) Is it just some stores marking it down?
B&M only price drop for Conception II Vita at Best Buy

It'll be okay, Dark Souls 2 CE sold out and then a couple months later it was on sale for $60, I want to say the same for the first Xillia too, I know I remember feeling like a dipshit for buying it at $100 at launch

Also, I put $5 down on Samurai Warriors 4 Anime Pack at GS yesterday. I'll skip out on the 20% discount on this one (assuming BB ever puts it up) to keep from getting one that's been beat up. Thanks for reminding me of BB's crappy shipping Supplice. :)
Anytime. :)

Best Buy has been backing out of fulfilling their niche pre orders lately.
I remember them delisting Xblaze as well. :shame:

They definitely haven't canceled mine. Would be kinda surprised if they did, that one seems like a bigger release than the others that have been mentioned.
Just checked and sure enough, my preorder was cancelled. They didn't even send an e-mail. I'm guessing once they upgraded everyone who got in on the glitch, they ran through their allocation. Totally ridiculous.

Just checked and sure enough, my preorder was cancelled. They didn't even send an e-mail. I'm guessing once they upgraded everyone who got in on the glitch, they ran through their allocation. Totally ridiculous.
Umm...you know both the standard and premium editions are still available to order. So, your order wasn't cancelled due to people upgrading.

Umm...you know both the standard and premium editions are still available to order. So, your order wasn't cancelled due to people upgrading.
People on other sites are reporting that new orders for the premium edition are resulting in cancellations within a few hours. So, I suspect the fact that they still have it up for preorder is in fact an error and they are sold out.

Games I pre-ordered from BB with zero problems.

Ar Nosurge

Hatsune Miku 2nd

Akiba's Trip 2

Senran Kagura

Mugen Souls Z

Tales of Xillia 2

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP

Conception 2

The Witch and the Hundred Knight

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Aquapazza

Arcania Complete

Wow, I forgot how many new games I bought from BB this year.

is something coming out tues? Have a message on my machine from gamestop saying my game will be arriving.. but i dont know wtf it is. Glanced at my pre order print out and the soonest item i have pre ordered is Xillia 2 which isn't till the 19th, and Akiba's Trip which is the 12th. Everything else looks like September  or later

is something coming out tues? Have a message on my machine from gamestop saying my game will be arriving.. but i dont know wtf it is. Glanced at my pre order print out and the soonest item i have pre ordered is Xillia 2 which isn't till the 19th, and Akiba's Trip which is the 12th. Everything else looks like September or later
it was suppose to be akiba trip release date, they pushed it back to the 12th. i got the same message

To be fair on the bestbuy canceling persona q preorders, it was a price mistake. Would've been more surprised if they honored the price

To be fair on the bestbuy canceling persona q preorders, it was a price mistake. Would've been more surprised if they honored the price
They did honor it...

Those who preordered were given a $30 gift card to make up the difference in cost, though due to miscommunication / people doing whatever, others had the price adjusted to $49.99.

I was told there would be deals here.
There rarely is but usually there is talks about niche announcements, release dates, LEs and CEs, and once in a blue moon niche games get a good sale such as the Gamefly sales. Still my most frequented thread since I buy about 80% of these games.

Also awesome on the pre-orders for Tears to Tiara 2....I'm excited...also ordered a paperback copy of that new SMT DDS novel volume 1 of 5. It's called Avatar tuner and is pretty niche as video game novels other than popular ones like Mass Effect are rarely released. Amazon link is below.

There rarely is but usually there is talks about niche announcements, release dates, LEs and CEs, and once in a blue moon niche games get a good sale such as the Gamefly sales. Still my most frequented thread since I buy about 80% of these games.

Also awesome on the pre-orders for Tears to Tiara 2....I'm excited...also ordered a paperback copy of that new SMT DDS novel volume 1 of 5. It's called Avatar tuner and is pretty niche as video game novels other than popular ones like Mass Effect are rarely released. Amazon link is below.

you don't sound too exited about the tears to tiara 2 preorders tho, lol

you don't sound too exited about the tears to tiara 2 preorders tho, lol
Haha well true....if it does have Waifus and a decent story with some OK gameplay, I should be satisfied. I am way more excited for the DDS novels though. I heard it pretty much tells the writer's true intent for DDS, so it should be a bit different from the games.

There's a Japanese demo for TtT2 for those that want to check it out. Plenty of waifus in its anime style opening.

Me personally i'll wait on that Xilla 2 CE knowing that it will pop cheaper down the road. Sadly never got the first one CE shoot still have the first one LE wrapped. Maybe i should get on that play thru finally. Never played a tales game so any suggestions for the first Xilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back