Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i know this is a bit unrelated, but one can dream

tales of xilla 2 european limited edition steelcase unboxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1D5nIfev9o

Hey CAG. I'm interested in getting Soul Sacrificr Delta. Is it worth having the Asian version or d/l the NA version in the store. Kinda want a physical release of the game
If you don't mind making an Asia account to use the online pass and DLC, then go for it.

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I don't recall an announcement and Gamestop's is still the same photo.
As far as I know, Namco Bandai hasn't said anything about it, but there is this picture of the US Collector's Edition floating around the internet that has a steelcase with it, and it is same one that got added to the Amazon picture.

I just cancelled my CE from Amazon for Tales of Xillia 2 as I had a pre-order for GameStop in store for it too. Will GameStop be getting the steelbook case too in their CE? Any information on this would be lovely as if they are not I will just go to Namco's website and order it off there.

I am still pretty skeptical that we are getting a steelbook with the tox2 ce. Doesn't Amazon frequently put the wrong picture with a product listing?

I am still pretty skeptical that we are getting a steelbook with the tox2 ce. Doesn't Amazon frequently put the wrong picture with a product listing?
Then where did they get that image? It's definitely for our CE since it depicts the ESRB rating.

If I wasn't getting ToX2 for 50% off on day-one (thank you, Bestbuy.com glitch), I would be a bit upset to only just now discover that there's a steelbook in our ToX2 CE.

Then where did they get that image? It's definitely for our CE since it depicts the ESRB rating.

If I wasn't getting ToX2 for 50% off on day-one (thank you, Bestbuy.com glitch), I would be a bit upset to only just now discover that there's a steelbook in our ToX2 CE.
Good point, I just think it is strange that Bandai Namco never updated their picture or made an announcement about it.

I am probably screwed either way, because I ordered the CE through Best Buy, and I can't find it in my order history. Thankfully, I also got the standard for 50% off.

Was checking Namco's webstore for the image they have up, and tried placing an order of the CE through them. Turns out, they don't charge me tax whereas Amazon does. Saves a few bucks!

Still not cheaper than my GCU order but as a backup plan and given out these ~may~ sell out....

What exactly is the Namco store's return policy? Is it just Amazon's 30 day returns policy or are they still using their own?

Was checking Namco's webstore for the image they have up, and tried placing an order of the CE through them. Turns out, they don't charge me tax whereas Amazon does. Saves a few bucks!

Still not cheaper than my GCU order but as a backup plan and given out these ~may~ sell out....

What exactly is the Namco store's return policy? Is it just Amazon's 30 day returns policy or are they still using their own?
LOL, it can't be worst than digital rivers

Between Persona Q and ToX2, I miss out on all of the things Best Buy wasn't supposed to offer. *scuffs foot across gravel*

Thank you Elessar for posting the link to the Lulu/Rollo plush.  That's a good price for it, but from what I can tell they unfortunately do not ship to the US.  I found one shipped by Amazon on Amz.jp, but the seller there wanted twice the price for it as well.  Oh well, I suppose my little one from the CE will have to suffice.

you better be praying bestbuy does not pull an alterior rorona plus

you better be praying bestbuy does not pull an alterior rorona plus
Highly unlikely considering how much more popular and well-known the Tales of series is, plus I still see copies of the original ToX in-store when I visit Best Buys.

However, I could see that happening for the CE.

Highly unlikely considering how much more popular and well-known the Tales of series is, plus I still see copies of the original ToX in-store when I visit Best Buys.

However, I could see that happening for the CE.
with destiny limited edtion fiasco, you can be sure to receive compensation , if they do cancel your preoder. so it is a win win

Judging by the time frame, that's probably taken at SDCC at the Bandai booth.

What happened with the Destiny Limited edition?
if you ordered the ps4/xbox one version of the limited edition, mass cancellation by bestbuy. bestbuy is giving $50 e-gift card as compensation. you can use it on any bestbuy.com sold items.

if you ordered the ps4/xbox one version of the limited edition, mass cancellation by bestbuy. bestbuy is giving $50 e-gift card as compensation. you can use it on any bestbuy.com sold items.
Whaaaaaat. Mine didn't get canceled. I think I'd rather have the $50 gift card.

i wished i preordered it, just so i can get the $50 e-gift card now . LOL
I feel like a complete idiot for canceling my preorder last week due to no longer being interested in playing Destiny at launch. I really wasn't thinking there--if it was canceled, then I would have gotten a free $50, and if not, I could have just resold it. :headache:

My BB order is still intact, thankfully. But then again, I placed it pretty much the moment they went live with it, so if they DO cancel it I'm going to be really upset.

Anyone know how to check the status of your Class of Heroes 2G order? I wanna make sure there's no problems with my order.
Other than contacting gaijinworks, nope. I located my email from whenever I preordered it and there was no information available. Strangely enough, I got an email about 3 weeks ago telling me that it had shipped to me already, lol. From what their site says, they're awaiting a date from Sony for when it gets released.

Anyone want a Play-asia $5 off $60 coupon? Expires August the 9th.

Post when/if you use it, so as to not waste others time trying it.

QW-SSW-LZU

Other than contacting gaijinworks, nope. I located my email from whenever I preordered it and there was no information available. Strangely enough, I got an email about 3 weeks ago telling me that it had shipped to me already, lol. From what their site says, they're awaiting a date from Sony for when it gets released.
They say it shipped so they can get the funds from Amazon. It's shady, obviously.

They say it shipped so they can get the funds from Amazon. It's shady, obviously.
did they actually say it shipped, or is it like with class of heroes 2 psp where you got an email saying that the game is about to ship out but was still in a stage to allow everyone to change their addresses and what not and still took a while longer to actually ship?

(if i recall right there was also an email from amazon saying that a shipping code had been generated but that the game was going to ship at a later date if you actually read the email)

did they actually say it shipped, or is it like with class of heroes 2 psp where you got an email saying that the game is about to ship out but was still in a stage to allow everyone to change their addresses and what not and still took a while longer to actually ship?

(if i recall right there was also an email from amazon saying that a shipping code had been generated but that the game was going to ship at a later date if you actually read the email)
The PSP version was "Your Order with Gaijinworks has shipped!" from Amazon Payments, and my card was charged then. The "about to ship" email came 5 months later from [email protected].

Nobody purchased CoH PS3. They purchased an electronic voucher good for a physical copy of the game upon release. That is how they justified taking the money upfront.

From the IF international facebook post: 

*We will be making an official announcement about the Neptunia Re;Birth1 Limited Edition soon. Sorry for taking so long..."

From the IF international facebook post:

*We will be making an official announcement about the Neptunia Re;Birth1 Limited Edition soon. Sorry for taking so long..."
geez lol. very late. feels like i've had the standard pre-ordered for a long time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back