Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, is that really true? Why don't people blitzkrieg Amazon customer service and say, "No, we didn't get shit!"
Because obviously Gaijinworks would just issue you a refund, and not send you the game. Amazon wouldn't even get mad at them because they resolved the issue, and you'd have to eBay the game for the premium price it'll fetch after it's released.

B&M only price drop for Conception II Vita at Best Buy
just an update to this.. its not all stores. Mine had it for $25 clearance. Guess it varies by store

was this the one with the crappy spectral souls 3 lvl graphics posted a few weeks ago?

Anyone know how to check the status of your Class of Heroes 2G order? I wanna make sure there's no problems with my order.
Other than contacting gaijinworks, nope. I located my email from whenever I preordered it and there was no information available. Strangely enough, I got an email about 3 weeks ago telling me that it had shipped to me already, lol. From what their site says, they're awaiting a date from Sony for when it gets released.
yea i got that email too. I think it just was a form letter, id have to look at it but think it just said that it was confirming your order. If im not mistaken your supposed to get a digital d.load code with it though, right? Honestly im more concerned with my pre-order for Pier Solar. I totally forgot about it and ordered the special edition over a year ago. Still havent got it. Heard they did a kickstarter and some other junk and are bringing it to Xbox and PS or something now. I need to email them and see wtf is going on

For Gaijinworks, just as an FYI, they do have a forum (http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact) in case you want some more news about the upcoming CoH.  I only browse it once in a while since CoH2, outside of everything up to Ancient Labyrinth and the final main dungeon, left a bad taste in my mouth.

As for Tears to Tiara II, the graphics don't impress me but the biggest thing that matters is whether it has the story and characters and I can't seem to find an answer that tells me exactly what to expect.  I never got into Persona 4 because there is too much gameplay in it and while I love dungeon crawlers, the crawling is just so easy that I can't do it.  If I could shut the gameplay off or really reduce the amount of time I spend on it, I would buy it right now.

Man expects game to have beef.

Honestly im more concerned with my pre-order for Pier Solar. I totally forgot about it and ordered the special edition over a year ago. Still havent got it. Heard they did a kickstarter and some other junk and are bringing it to Xbox and PS or something now. I need to email them and see wtf is going on
You ordered it outside of Kickstarter somehow? Why and how would you do that? At least you'd be getting the backer status updates through Kickstarter. Here's the most recent from about a week ago:

Hello everyone.

We're working hard to squash all the remaining bugs in Pier Solar. It's been a long road but we're finally getting there. Also we're not in full certification mode from all companies, which means, that once we've passed and we're approved, I can finally set a definitive release date for the game, which is something that I've been wanting to do much more than you can imagine.

As most of you are aware, we haven't been able to reach an agreement to get the Xbox 360 version published, and it's making it impossible to be released. So we sent a survey to all 360 backers giving the option to switch to another platform. If you're a 360 backer, check your email. It's probably there.

Also, I'd like to share with you something that came in today, made my eyes shine! ^^

9fe7c23c227853adaff51e985190a1a2_large.JPG
Shine like gold! Shine!
So yeah, if you ordered one of these add-ons, now you know how they look like and you can prepare the proper fashion to wear them on.

Finally I leave you here with the Juicy Diary (a sneak peak of OYAWM) episode 3. I hope you enjoy.

http://youtu.be/gRslNeN6rqk
Best Regards,

-WM
Yes, M$ is actively killing 360 development. Way to go M$, I'm sure to buy a Xbone knowing it'll last forever.

From the IF international facebook post:

*We will be making an official announcement about the Neptunia Re;Birth1 Limited Edition soon. Sorry for taking so long..."
annoucement

Sorry there is no LE

:)

heard long time ago the le was

Poster

belt buckle

art book

and box

if its 50 yes, if its 80 HELL NO

annoucement

Sorry there is no LE

Poster

belt buckle

art book

and box

Ah yeah I should rock the Neptunia belt buckle....that will get me all the ladies.... will say Sup? Why yes I do support niche games, and yous girl is a niche I need in my life!

annoucement

Sorry there is no LE

Poster

belt buckle

art book

and box

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if there was no LE unless it's some rush job that NIS is doing for them. Release date is less than three weeks away.

I wish they'd hurry up and just announce something. I'm going out of the country for 2 weeks for a cruise and I can't order any LE in time :(

Come on!

Only 1000 copies of the HDN Re 1 LE being made.

LE of Neptunia Re;Birth1 will be available to order on 8/26. Please read the text on the image for more details! pic.twitter.com/EWHLqhymYn
heh they couldn't even work with amazon as a seller to get a product page up to let people preorder.

I wonder how long the 1k copies will last when they go live.

Either way I will likely just keep my $32 order on best buy as the game isn't good enough to throw more money at.

Sucks there's no preorder. I'm going to get the LE anyways though. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff ;-;

Canceled my Best Buy preorder already. Hopefully I can get a copy at 12am.

Ouch this sucks for that LE. I will stay up to get it as that Vita pouch is nice. Who's in your signature chickenbutt? Curious and what a tush haha. I can tell she's likely a kpop girl but can't identify her.

Edit: Can someone please remind everyone the day before that the Neptunia Rebirth LE is going up cause somehow I'm sure i'll forget as will others.

Ouch this sucks for that LE. I will stay up to get it as that Vita pouch is nice. Who's in your signature chickenbutt? Curious and what a tush haha. I can tell she's likely a kpop girl but can't identify her.

Edit: Can someone please remind everyone the day before that the Neptunia Rebirth LE is going up cause somehow I'm sure i'll forget as will others.
It's Yuna from the group AOA. I recently discovered this magical land of KPop so I thought I had to share :)

don't worry, atleast you wouldn't have to fight with too many cag members, seeing as most of them are not into japanese niche games. they are too busy fixating on the destiny ghost/limited edition threads to notice or care

I have a closing shift on Tuesday 8/26/14, so I'm going to try to get the Neptunia Rebirth 1 LE. Just canceled my Amazon order of the vanilla version.

I love AOA! Another person who enjoys KPOP! YES.

If you want someone to look at, I suggest Hyosung from Secret. Her modeling pics. Dang.
Yep. I've been watching alot of korean League of Legends streams recently and they keep playing KPop during the breaks. AOA's songs were really catchy :)

I like KPOP enough but not knowing what they're saying most of the time restricts that to just a like. Some songs are very catchy and the ladies are usually pretty (also why I watch KDrama but there is usually a bit more enjoyment there). I'm a GG fan myself with Taeyon my favorite member,but I do watch new music videos of KPOP in general as they come out. As with everything else I like some stuff, a lot is average and some just plain sucks. Also enjoy Fiestar among others (not as much a fan of Sistar though they have some aight songs haha).

Also yes if a freakin' person/company/anything buys up a mass number of copies of those Neptunia Rebirth LE copies and me and my fellow CAGs here don't get a copy I will be angry. IF International has a lot to learn about doing business, running shop, partnering with Amazon for pre-orders, whatever. I do hope they learn though because this is not the way to do the LEs IMHO.

Nah, I'm doing the same thing. I already have all the LEs for this franchise so far. Might as well get this one too.
see I will just stick the game in the original LE and ignore the ps3 disk in there as the first game was so poorly designed mechanically it should never be played again with a new, at least partially working mechanically version of the game existing.

The visual novel is Eden and also Supipara is mentioned as well.

That's nice but adult version for me, just glad Mangagamer is doing both versions to please both audiences. I don't and never will believe in the censorship of non-censored titles...but that's an argument for another day. Just another way for me to support Mangagamer....I am getting Sister Paradise in August as well...I'm excited.

Also Supipara looks more interesting to me, more my style of visual novel...sounds cute. Wish that was first but eh, Supipara looks longer and is All Ages as well.

That's nice but adult version for me, just glad Mangagamer is doing both versions to please both audiences. I don't and never will believe in the censorship of non-censored titles...but that's an argument for another day. Just another way for me to support Mangagamer....I am getting Sister Paradise in August as well...I'm excited.
if you can get enough people to support by the game, they promise to do localize minori the visual novel before it is release in japan

http://mangagamerstaff.tumblr.com/post/94221868924/looking-to-the-future-with-minori

if you can get enough people to support by the game, they promise to do localize minori the visual novel before it is release in japan

http://mangagamerstaff.tumblr.com/post/94221868924/looking-to-the-future-with-minori
True I liked the post better than the Siliconera story haha. It makes sense since shorter games are usually easier to localize cause of less translating. More visual novels localized into English is always a good thing IMHO.

Edit: Here is the full posting of Mangagamer Otakon announcements

Link

A very important announcement there is Chou Dengeki Stryker also getting an All Ages release on Steam. The House in Fate Morgana is also all ages and they will try to get it on Steam.

Euphoria just looks awesome and will be an easy buy. These thriller visual novels are usually very good IMHO. Kara no Shoujo really affected me, and it was hard to play and such. I eventually reached the end, but it was pretty gripping on my emotions throughout the game. I also can't wait for Mangagamer to release the prequel and sequel to that game.

True I liked the post better than the Siliconera story haha. It makes sense since shorter games are usually easier to localize cause of less translating. More visual novels localized into English is always a good thing IMHO.

Edit: Here is the full posting of Mangagamer Otakon announcements

Link

A very important announcement there is Chou Dengeki Stryker also getting an All Ages release on Steam. The House in Fate Morgana is also all ages and they will try to get it on Steam.

Euphoria just looks awesome and will be an easy buy. These thriller visual novels are usually very good IMHO. Kara no Shoujo really affected me, and it was hard to play and such. I eventually reached the end, but it was pretty gripping on my emotions throughout the game. I also can't wait for Mangagamer to release the prequel and sequel to that game.
is mangagamer a big company? theyare releasing / localizing like 3-4 visual from the announcements

I don't follow k-pop enough to really know the groups or songs, but I came across this randomly a while back and absolutely love it, especially the girl with short hair:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc1RwpRfbT0

I like KPOP enough but not knowing what they're saying most of the time restricts that to just a like. Some songs are very catchy and the ladies are usually pretty (also why I watch KDrama but there is usually a bit more enjoyment there). I'm a GG fan myself with Taeyon my favorite member,but I do watch new music videos of KPOP in general as they come out. As with everything else I like some stuff, a lot is average and some just plain sucks. Also enjoy Fiestar among others (not as much a fan of Sistar though they have some aight songs haha).
Girl's Generation all the way! Fellow Fan of Taeyeon I see. Haha. Interesting, I'm not a fan of Fiestar but I do enjoy Sistar, Girl's Day, Hello Venus, BoA.

For some reason I don't think Mangagamer is a big company, but they're probably not very small either. I usually read their blog and if you see a Short Look Back, different staff members look back on the 5 years the company has been in existence. Whatever there size is I consistently support them as they have a healthy release schedule. When one product comes out, they announce pre-orders for the next, and they also support English visual novels that may not be Japanese but are inspired such as the newly announced The Menagerie. I'm not a fan of Nukige but see that it helps them keep afloat, and I hope for the best in the future. Even though I know there are fan translations, I really like localization as it supports the localizers as well as the companies they're working with. Japanese games are usually expensive so it would be a pain to get the patch and buy a copy when I can support the localization companies.

Speaking of localizing groups, JAST USA need to really get there stuff in order. They rarely release anything, are considered a decently big company (owning J-List as well), and take forever. I hate when they announce something as it will likely mean years before we get it. I usually get all of their releases anyway, as they are usually hard copy and well done. They just aren't my favorite localization company anymore.

Sorry about my rant about this, visual novels are one of my favorite fortes and I will support them until they're no longer around. Now I just need to learn Japanese someday, which will come after I'm quite a bit better in Spanish.

Edit: BTW if anyone is a fan of visual novels or wants to take about them or something PM me on here or such. We can talk and also elsewhere or such....doesn't matter just like to meet fans. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back