Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
don't worry, atleast you wouldn't have to fight with too many cag members, seeing as most of them are not into japanese niche games. they are too busy fixating on the destiny ghost/limited edition threads to notice or care
Yeah, but that's like 2:00 AM for me and I have to get up at 6:00 AM for work. This is fucking dumb, they could have easily made it like... 9:00 PST or something.

WOOOOOO   i get to do something with all of my video game money 

i went outside,an outdoor cat   thought my leg  was a turkey leg and bite me.

now  going to have 150 buck  doctor bill  monday  WOOO   

WOOOOOO i get to do something with all of my video game money

i went outside,an outdoor cat thought my leg was a turkey leg and bite me.

now going to have 150 buck doctor bill monday WOOO
This reminds me of those corny anime with high school or younger girls and some girl thinks she can pet any cats and they will just bite her so she has to try to get the cat to like her but no matter what the cat bites her.....sorry about that though!

The visual novel is Eden and also Supipara is mentioned as well.

That's nice but adult version for me, just glad Mangagamer is doing both versions to please both audiences. I don't and never will believe in the censorship of non-censored titles...but that's an argument for another day. Just another way for me to support Mangagamer....I am getting Sister Paradise in August as well...I'm excited.

Also Supipara looks more interesting to me, more my style of visual novel...sounds cute. Wish that was first but eh, Supipara looks longer and is All Ages as well.
LMAO Adult Version some one like their eroge/hentai

This reminds me of those corny anime with high school or younger girls and some girl thinks she can pet any cats and they will just bite her so she has to try to get the cat to like her but no matter what the cat bites her.....sorry about that though!
Azumanga Daioh! It's the only thing I remember from that anime.

I feel I am very very late to an interesting party with this thread.  Makes me wonder why it took me this long to even start playing these kinds of games.

and taste.

ZING!
Clearly this is a thread of impeccable tastes.

hyperdimension_neptunia_producing_perfection_03.jpg

So..... I am hoping for some help to figure out what game my local HPB is selling... but I don't have a lot to go on (and I was to stupid to take a picture)

all I remember is that is had a girl (I think she was on a hill) and the publisher looked to be something like Akira (it was a japanese only title other wise I would have just read the title :p) I can't find any Akira publisher though, so I am thinking I might have misread it o.o;

So..... I am hoping for some help to figure out what game my local HPB is selling... but I don't have a lot to go on (and I was to stupid to take a picture)

all I remember is that is had a girl (I think she was on a hill) and the publisher looked to be something like Akira (it was a japanese only title other wise I would have just read the title :p) I can't find any Akira publisher though, so I am thinking I might have misread it o.o;
Dang pic would have helped so much!

Anyone know if I can add in those $5 coupons to existing orders on NISA? Just got one and I have like 4 preorders on their site. I think most of them are OOS already so can't really remake the order.

Anyone know if I can add in those $5 coupons to existing orders on NISA? Just got one and I have like 4 preorders on their site. I think most of them are OOS already so can't really remake the order.
Yes, just contact them through e-mail / call them and they can add the $5 coupon to an existing order. I've done that before and probably will do so again when some of their pre-order start being released.

It's hard to say without a pic/more details (what system was it for?), but maybe the publisher was Arika? They're a Japanese dev.
Here's their Wiki page with a list of some of their games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arika

Ugg I'm not sure my NISA orders are valid right now....emailed support but they only work weekdays....hopefully they all come through, even got email confirmations but they're not in my orders online, and I did make sure I was signed in before making the orders.

Yes, just contact them through e-mail / call them and they can add the $5 coupon to an existing order. I've done that before and probably will do so again when some of their pre-order start being released.
Alright thanks. Will give them a call on Monday. Pretty sure my next few orders are gonna give me more coupons.
Waifus are where it's all at.
Dam right. Who needs your dignity and all that other junk when you have your waifu. And kpop of course 8^)

Finished EOIV and some of the post game content and was wondering whats the cheapest EOU has someone seen for sale? I have seen it on the eshop for 15 but would prefer a physical copy. Thanks for any response. 

I picked up a copy from Bestbuy back in February or March I think. Was either a coupon from the magazine or a gamers club sale either at 19.99 or 24.99. So after the 20% off it was 16 or 20 bucks. And I got the last copy with the soundtrack. I'm not sure how many of those 1st print copies are floating around nowadays though.

This has probably been mentioned, but the Tales of Xillia 2 CE listing on Bandai Namco's website has been updated to include a steelbook. The cover art for the art book has also been changed.

This has probably been mentioned, but the Tales of Xillia 2 CE listing on Bandai Namco's website has been updated to include a steelbook. The cover art for the art book has also been changed.
damn, kinda wished i had preordered at bestbuy. probably going to wait for some cheap dingers from awd

akiba trip is only worth $17 trade in value at bestbuy, lol

It's hard to say without a pic/more details (what system was it for?), but maybe the publisher was Arika? They're a Japanese dev.
Here's their Wiki page with a list of some of their games:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arika
that was quite helpful actually as that was the publisher and I just had to look up the games

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou was the answer

Hmmmm now that I know what it is and that I could likely be able to understand it well enough to play it.... is it worth the $40 HPB is asking o.o;

that was quite helpful actually as that was the publisher and I just had to look up the games

Hmmmm now that I know what it is and that I could likely be able to understand it well enough to play it.... is it worth the $40 HPB is asking o.o;
the game has pretty cool covert art. looks like an anime

I paid of my order for Akiba's Trip on Vita earlier today. I looked at what was coming out physical for the rest of the year and it just made me sad

>“panty jump,” that will make it rain panties on the city.

fuck man.. you serious.. now I HAVE to buy the PS4 one.

Jk. Seems like some nice stuff. Nothing too big though. I'll stick with my Vita copy for now since it's getting delivered tomorrow. Will get the PS4 one later on if I feel like it.

Well, for starters there's a port of it on iOS called Dodonpachi Blissful Death. Other that that, there's two basic questions that you'll need to answer for yourself.

Do you like bullet hell games (and I mean really like them)?

Do you have an NTSC-J (Japanese) PS2?

Not if you have a decent computer with a version of MAME that can still run CAVE shooters :)

Project Diva f 2nd release date announced! But in November... The 18th for America and 21st elsewhere

It's on the Sega blog can't post links yet

Project Diva f 2nd release date announced! But in November... The 18th for America and 21st elsewhere

It's on the Sega blog can't post links yet
http://blogs.sega.com/2014/08/11/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd-release-date-pre-order-bonus/

Preorder bonus announced, too. Hopefully I'll get it with my Bestbuy.com preorder. :pray:

EDIT: Gamestop gets even more with a preorder...? *sigh* Should I cancel my BBY preorder ($10.60 savings thanks to GCU) and move it to Gamestop? :whistle2:k

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/08/11/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd-release-date-pre-order-bonus/

Preorder bonus announced, too. Hopefully I'll get it with my Bestbuy.com preorder. :pray:

EDIT: Gamestop gets even more with a preorder...? *sigh* Should I cancel my BBY preorder ($10.60 savings thanks to GCU) and move it to Gamestop? :whistle2:k
Your choice I think I liked the first Project Diva F Gamestop bonuses better last time around. I'm sure they'll be worth maybe $5-6 or so. I also don't get the Loyalty bonus on the blog. I own Project Diva F PS3, so will I get the Gamestop costumes for free? It has some strange wording mainly on the part where it says you own Project Diva F and also the free costumes (are they talking about the Winter Miku module?), you get the costumes free. Something tells me it's just own Project Diva F, but I wont vouch for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back