Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your choice I think I liked the first Project Diva F Gamestop bonuses better last time around. I'm sure they'll be worth maybe $5-6 or so. I also don't get the Loyalty bonus on the blog. I own Project Diva F PS3, so will I get the Gamestop costumes for free? It has some strange wording mainly on the part where it says you own Project Diva F and also the free costumes (are they talking about the Winter Miku module?), you get the costumes free. Something tells me it's just own Project Diva F, but I wont vouch for that.
I assume that if you own Project Diva F and own the Extra Character Pack for that Game, will get the Extra Character Pack for this game.

Shame, I wish they included IA.

Well, for starters there's a port of it on iOS called Dodonpachi Blissful Death. Other that that, there's two basic questions that you'll need to answer for yourself.

Do you like bullet hell games (and I mean really like them)?

Do you have an NTSC-J (Japanese) PS2?
I like them, but I typically only really like them if they have a horrible dub or I can play them with my wife.

I am able to play japanese games though as I play itadaki street all the time :p

I would never want to play an IOS version of a bullet hell game though... it would just be terrible and unenjoyable (I mean heck I can't even stand playing games where I have to move my people around via touch screen with no draw backs if i screw up)

Kasane Teto will be purchasable in the SEN store right? It's not a Gamestop Exclusive?
Already mentioned above in the article from Vigilante and my post.

http://blogs.sega.com/2014/08/11/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-2nd-release-date-pre-order-bonus/

"Players who already picked up Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F for PlayStation 3 or PlayStation VITA and already own the Extra Character Pack will receive these characters for free! This is our gift back to the fans who helped support Hatsune Miku in the west!"

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-extra-characters-pack/cid=UP0177-PCSE00326_00-PJDFDLC0101NHT39

I use GF's keep it now on a lot of games that aren't CE/LE.  With discounts and those gift codes they give you I get lotsa games for about half off on launch day :) Love that feature of gamefly.  Although that isn't helping me much this season lol.  So many decent LEs/CEs I want.

My Disgaea 4 came in perfect too.  I really like this style box they used better than the one they used on the last few vita games they did.  

I like them, but I typically only really like them if they have a horrible dub or I can play them with my wife.

I am able to play japanese games though as I play itadaki street all the time :p

I would never want to play an IOS version of a bullet hell game though... it would just be terrible and unenjoyable (I mean heck I can't even stand playing games where I have to move my people around via touch screen with no draw backs if i screw up)
If I remember correctly, the PS2 version was considered one of the hardest games in the Dodonpachi series at the time, which was why I was saying you'd need to really be into them. I guess I also didn't realize (though I have no idea why it didn't occur to me) that the iOS one was touch based. I assumed there'd be some controller support - which I guess shows how little I know about apple devices :D

If it were me, I'd wait until the next set of daily X% off coupons come out, then go in and put it on hold ahead of time. It's not a bad price as is though, so if you really want it go buy it before the one other interested guy in your area reads this and buys it out from under you.

Boo I think my Disgaea 4 Vita LE order messed up so probably no LE for me till they figure out what happenned (I have the emails to show I ordered it fine). Sigh...

Boo I think my Disgaea 4 Vita LE order messed up so probably no LE for me till they figure out what happenned (I have the emails to show I ordered it fine). Sigh...
If you used Paypal and did not have enough balance in your account when thry try to charge they will put your order on hold. This is the most common problem they have since it no longer takes funds from your bank account automatically.

If you used Paypal and did not have enough balance in your account when thry try to charge they will put your order on hold. This is the most common problem they have since it no longer takes funds from your bank account automatically.
It doesn't? Is this a recent change?

that was quite helpful actually as that was the publisher and I just had to look up the games

DoDonPachi DaiOuJou was the answer

Hmmmm now that I know what it is and that I could likely be able to understand it well enough to play it.... is it worth the $40 HPB is asking o.o;
The price of this game has come down over the last few years. I remember it would go between $60-$80 on the shmups forums regularly. Looks like amazon has them used for $45, so at $40, you're not getting a huge discount.

That's pretty cool. Any recommendations?

Off-topic, does Steam cards work like PSN and XBL currency cards by adding them to a virtual wallet tied to your account?
Like I said, La-Mulana is amazing (especially for $3) and One Way Heroics is really fun if you're into roguelike games.

Are any of the Sting/atlus RPGs on sale for 4.99 on PSN worth it? Haven't tried any.
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is a steal at $5. It should keep you busy with its 46 endings, too.

That's pretty cool. Any recommendations?

Off-topic, does Steam cards work like PSN and XBL currency cards by adding them to a virtual wallet tied to your account?
Ys Origins is on the list. Pick that up since it's not on PSN at all.

And yes you can purchase Steam cards. Or you can just pay with CC or whatever.

Edit; Whoops, nevermind. It's just in the Humble Bundle, not in this Steam sale.

SAO Hollow Fragment Vita we're getting Free DLC costumes free from launch through November 18th, 2014:

Link

Not that I need a school swimsuit, wedding dress, or some sexy clothes for my Waifus or anything.....

BTW according to Bandai Namco Twitter the release dates for Digimon Rumble and Tales of Hearts R are up as well as SAO Hollow Fragment which releases next week (08/19/14). The other two are below:

Digimon All-Star Rumble - 11/11/14 

Tales of Hearts R - 11/11/14 

• Class of Heroes
  • Crimson Gem Saga
  • Growlanser: Wayfarer Of Time
  • Gungnir
  • Hexyz Force
  • Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble
  • Knights In The Nightmare
  • Riviera: The Promised Land
  • Yggdra Union
  • Persona 1
  • Persona 2
  • Persona 3 Portable
Not for long. They'll be switching any time now if they haven't already.

• Class of Heroes
  • Crimson Gem Saga
  • Gungnir
  • Hexyz Force
  • Yggdra Union
  • Persona 1
  • Persona 2
  • Persona 3 Portable
I'd say Riviera and Persona 3 Portable are definitely worth playing and emphasis on Persona 3 Portable. It's a really good game.

If anyone is wondering right now, the Anime Sale on PSN is live (until next week, as of post), along with the US/NA release of Phantom Breaker: BattleGrounds for the Vita ($12 for game, $6 for DLC, 1.1GB space).

New Natural Doctrine Trailer:

Link

Not going to lie but this makes the game look decent. Still on my radar but may just get when it drops in price. Also if anyone plays Phantom Breaker: BattleGrounds can they give some impressions on here...it's on my radar but i'm unsure about it.

Got my copy of Akiba's Trip on Vita today. There's was literally nothing in it but the cart. Wonder why they use such big cases for such small bits of plastic.

• Class of Heroes
  • Crimson Gem Saga
  • Gungnir
  • Hexyz Force
  • Yggdra Union
  • Persona 1
  • Persona 2
  • Persona 3 Portable
Probably none of them.

Yggdra Union is neat, but there are mobile games that have more interesting presentation. Loved the concept though.

Riviera is pretty decent.

Knights is in the same series as Riviera and Yggdra.

Persona 1 & 2 haven't aged well at all.

Gungnir is not very special, but not a bad SRPG.

Class of Heroes is crap.

Crimson Gem Saga and Hexyz Force are on my list to try.

I'm waiting on the PS4 version of Akiba's Trip. Too many games coming out in Late August/September for me to pick it up right now.

I'd also like to know how Phantom Breaker is.

Looked up the PSN deal and Hakuoki for PS3 is only $20. I may get that, but anyone know the differences from the PSP version? Or is it literally the same game?

Holy crap i went over to  BEST BUY to see if they would match the  SAVE 15 bucks when you preorder a game.

They said  YES We will honor it but we need the ad. so i went all the way home grabbed the add and took it back to the store.

was getting disgaea 4 today.

Was thinking it would look like 

39.99  -  15  would be  24.99 then tax  would push it to 26.75

instead they  

Took my order   what was 34.29 after tax and  paid it.

they then took the recept and did a price match and  credit back 16.10

so i thought the game was going to cost me  almost 27  ended up only costing me  18.18 for a brand new game...

NICE 

so mostly they allowed a double dip. took 8 off with  UNLOCK  then took another 15 off with price match

If anyone is wondering on how PB:BG is, I have already played it on the 360, its a good beat em up + fighter hybrid in the mix of Guardian Heroes and Scott Pilgrim all rolled in one with the PB characters in it,the plot/story (not to spoil) is just really nonsensical and its just a rescue mission to save a shrine maiden's little sister (who is playable, btw), the mechanics are straight from the fighter itself and its really fun.

Also, Kurisu from Stein's;Gate is a playable DLC guest character in this as well, not only that, but it also lifts the level limit to Lv.99 max.

Probably none of them.

Yggdra Union is neat, but there are mobile games that have more interesting presentation. Loved the concept though.

Riviera is pretty decent.

Knights is in the same series as Riviera and Yggdra.

Persona 1 & 2 haven't aged well at all.

Gungnir is not very special, but not a bad SRPG.

Class of Heroes is crap.

Crimson Gem Saga and Hexyz Force are on my list to try.
Thanks.

At this point I should probably focus on the real Vita games like P4G in my backlog I guess.

I was close to getting Growlanser since it had pretty good reviews but eh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back