Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a hard game at all. You are probably missing the X button prompts that extend your attacks. They're very subtle and easy to miss if you're not paying attention. Also, early on in the game in one of the towns, there is a chest that has like 500,000 gold which ruins the challenge of the game for the next dozen hours.
I've been getting the X prompts, but they must only come up on crits or something, cause I see maybe one per battle. I nowhere came close to that chest though, so silly me.

Just got an email from NISA

Fairy Fencer F will be released on September 16th, 2014.

NAtURAL DOCtRINE will be released on September 23rd, 2014.
~ This will also be the same day that Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star is released!

When you are able to, please look into your schedules and make sure that the new release dates for both of these titles will not cause you any inconvenience.

Thank you for your time and support. We will be happy to assist you if you have any questions about this situation. Until next time, have a great day!
Release dates have been changed it seems.

lol, decisions between ar no surge and natural doctrine. i wonder which one people you will.

any1 picked up akibas trip.?

sorta... it's like Culdcept and itadaki street got together and had a baby that never really bothered tried o be good. They aren't bad but the game quickly loses any charm it has after a few plays.

either way if you are interested get it through groupees instead of steam.

it still comes with a steam code, but it will only cost you 50 cents (though you are required to get another game with it to make it $1... I recommend 99 spirits) but you can get every interesting game in that bundle for less than the price of orange juice on steam :p
Hmmm... thanks. I think I'll pass. I did pick up 99 spirits though!

Waiting for the ps4 version to get released. I am interested to hear how people are liking the ps3/vita version though.
from i read from neogaf, the loading time for ps3 is a bit long, and to bypass that use fast travel. the vita version has no manual, but the ps3 version does have a good size manual artbok

here are additional details from xseed gaming pr manager TOm regarding akibas trip:

The PS3 version has bigger, easier-to-read text and more detailed shadows for the characters, but also takes longer to save and load your game (as it has a separate system data file to save, which the Vita version does not).

The Vita version has AR mode and slightly better framerate in some circumstances, but some of the text is so tiny that it can be hard to read.

These are all fairly minor differences, though -- for the most part, the two versions are more or less the same game everywhere that counts.

The PS4's additions include faster loading, extra items and graphic mods, and a streaming mode.

If any of these things are important, then you might want to wait. If not, pick it up now!

It's not the same game. There are two games for PSP and the one on sale is a Dynasty Warriors-type game. Some of the story follows the visual novel and the scenes are directly from the anime.
The PSP one I played was definitely not a Dynasty Warriors-type game, I just heard that the story is the same except with a couple added modes.

official unboxing of tales of xilla 2 collectors edition , credit to user msuhitman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0nbwXdwyXY

also for vigilante, it is explained why there is a black coverart vs white coverart in the video

official unboxing of tales of xilla 2 collectors edition , credit to user msuhitman

also for vigilante, it is explained why there is a black coverart vs white coverart in the video
I don't like how it sounds like the CE's copy of the game has an exclusive manual like the ToSC CE did. :???:

Yeah...but I still don't regret paying half-price for my standard copy. I might pick up the CE if it ever drops closer to $60 like the ToX1 CE did.
how much did you paid tho? i will be waiting to snap a copy of the collectors edition off of amazon warehouse,

You ordered it outside of Kickstarter somehow? Why and how would you do that? At least you'd be getting the backer status updates through Kickstarter. Here's the most recent from about a week ago:

Yes, M$ is actively killing 360 development. Way to go M$, I'm sure to buy a Xbone knowing it'll last forever.
I just looked up my OLD email when i ordered Pier SOlar.. it was back in 2012 or something i think, there was no kickstarter at that time. I payed about $125 for the strategy guide, reprint (genesis version i believe), and Dreamcast version all together... I completely forgot about it until recently. I need to try to find out whats going on because if i recall right they actually charged me.

I ordered it through this site

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/

KInda bullshit they never even informed me about a kickstarter or anything. Im sure i didn't go through kickstarter because i dont even think i have a kickstarter account. I still have my login info on MGF's site though and it shows my order and i have my old email. I need to try emailing or contactin them and seeing whats up, this is WAY to long without any kind of contact

thanks for the info on the kickstarter... Wow.. MS sucks, i know that, but thats just really dicked. I had no intention of getting the new xbox but this just cinches it. I always have hated MS"s policies and business practices. they're second only to Nintendo in shittiness

how much did you paid tho? i will be waiting to snap a copy of the collectors edition off of amazon warehouse,
Like I said, half-price--when Bestbuy.com was glitching during the 50% off promo that applied to two preorders in one transaction, I got two copies of ToX2 for a little under $30 each.

I really want to get Akiba's trip but I can't decide if I should get it for Vita or PS3...and also if I wait it out a little bit it will drop in price. I'm always a little antsy about taking the approach it will get cheaper with these extremely niche titles.

Nah, I'm doing the same thing. I already have all the LEs for this franchise so far. Might as well get this one too.
heh i have all the LE's and regular versions to actually play for all (except one, i only have the LE for one, no SD version forget which). This probably means i'll have to try to snag one, but jeeze.... am I the only one who thinks this is really really dumb the way theyre doing this? Seems kinda chicken shit. As someone mentioned, what if a buyer grabs all the copies and resells them? I really hope theres a limit of 1 per account or something

The funny thing is i havent played a single game in the series either =P Havent opened crap

Wow..actually surprised this Disgaea 4 hasn;t sold out yet...
Seems to be a lot of haters for Disgaea 4 for some reason. I enjoyed what I played on the PS3 and will play at least to story completion the Vita one.
I think it has more to do with the fact that its just a shitty LE.. not even an artbook

I really want to get Akiba's trip but I can't decide if I should get it for Vita or PS3...and also if I wait it out a little bit it will drop in price. I'm always a little antsy about taking the approach it will get cheaper with these extremely niche titles.
The consensus seems to be that the Vita version is the better of the two. XSeed games tend not to drop too quickly in price, the recent exception being Killer is Dead. I've been waiting for a price drop on Rune Factory 4 ever since it was released and haven't seen one yet, maybe I missed something.

heh i have all the LE's and regular versions to actually play for all (except one, i only have the LE for one, no SD version forget which). This probably means i'll have to try to snag one, but jeeze.... am I the only one who thinks this is really really dumb the way theyre doing this? Seems kinda chicken shit. As someone mentioned, what if a buyer grabs all the copies and resells them? I really hope theres a limit of 1 per account or something

The funny thing is i havent played a single game in the series either =P Havent opened crap

I think it has more to do with the fact that its just a shitty LE.. not even an artbook
IFI posted on Facebook that the Rebirth LE will be limited to one per person.

The consensus seems to be that the Vita version is the better of the two. XSeed games tend not to drop too quickly in price, the recent exception being Killer is Dead. I've been waiting for a price drop on Rune Factory 4 ever since it was released and haven't seen one yet, maybe I missed something.

IFI posted on Facebook that the Rebirth LE will be limited to one per person.
Yeah I picked up Killer is Dead a month or so ago(my time frame may be off) when Gamestop had it on sale. Think I may cancel my natural doctrine pre-order too.

here is the tales of xilla 2 european collectors edition, or tales Of Xillia 2: Ludger Kresnik Collector's Edition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm4YEvgu_Zc

All 3 of the keychains in my D4 looked slightly scuffed, but nothing enough for me to go for a return
You should call them up NISA has always been super awesome with me in the past when there is an issue and resolved it quickly. Hell back with the old anime DVD problems they have they just kept sending me replacements. Wound up with like 3 or 4 copies of Toradora because of that

I don't like how it sounds like the CE's copy of the game has an exclusive manual like the ToSC CE did. :???:
So this is what we've come to now. A fucking game manual is now a CE exclusive item? fuck i really am starting to loathe what the game industry is turning into

What bothered me more about the manual with ToSC is that the normal version didn't even have a PDF. They made it available later as a download, but it should have been built into the disc. 

If you used Paypal and did not have enough balance in your account when thry try to charge they will put your order on hold. This is the most common problem they have since it no longer takes funds from your bank account automatically.
First time poster here. Did a representative confirm this? I don't want to have issues with my DR2 pre order.

I just looked up my OLD email when i ordered Pier SOlar.. it was back in 2012 or something i think, there was no kickstarter at that time. I payed about $125 for the strategy guide, reprint (genesis version i believe), and Dreamcast version all together... I completely forgot about it until recently. I need to try to find out whats going on because if i recall right they actually charged me.

I ordered it through this site

http://www.magicalgamefactory.com/en/

KInda bullshit they never even informed me about a kickstarter or anything. Im sure i didn't go through kickstarter because i dont even think i have a kickstarter account. I still have my login info on MGF's site though and it shows my order and i have my old email. I need to try emailing or contactin them and seeing whats up, this is WAY to long without any kind of contact

thanks for the info on the kickstarter... Wow.. MS sucks, i know that, but thats just really dicked. I had no intention of getting the new xbox but this just cinches it. I always have hated MS"s policies and business practices. they're second only to Nintendo in shittiness
Oh, if you ordered the Dreamcast version you would've gotten in after the Kickstarter successfully finished. I recall them mentioning that they'd offer some copies there. But basically it's the same deal, you were prepaying for your goods to fund the development.

Don't worry about it. Pier Solar was developed with the same payment model before Kickstarter even existed. When Watermelon was a completely unknown group, taking preorders to develop and manufacture a game years before it'd see a release. What they're doing now is waaaaayyy less of a gamble, and they've proven themselves.

Edit: Although, looking over their sales site, they could do a way better job of explaining what new customers are actually buying into. But considering all the news the Kickstarter pushed out there, I'd assume that they thought everybody already knew.

First time poster here. Did a representative confirm this? I don't want to have issues with my DR2 pre order.
I noticed it after a few times Paypal failing myself but then was confirmed with a rep via email on the last time. It has never effected me getting my item though it usually gets delayed depending how long it takes for you to respond to them.

They ask for you to either fix your Paypal balance, switch to a credit card, or allow them to send you a Paypal invoice if any trouble happens during payment.

Just discovered yesterday that the authorization for my Danganronpa 2 LE preorder dropped off my PayPal in July for some unknown reason.

Contacted CS and they hooked me up with a replacement order real quick like.

I fully expected to come away with nothing more than a coupon at best, but they said they could get me somebody's cancellation and just invoiced me.

In the future I will definitely avoid PayPal for any preorder from NIS, but big kudos to their CS for taking care of me this late in the game.

Anybody know if JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle is any good? I see it's on sale on psn for $25
It's very good, but unless you're a diehard fan of the franchise, I recommend waiting for $20 or lower, especially for a digital copy that you wouldn't be able to sell later on.

A nearby gamestop has neptunia victory for $30. I wanted to make sure to get a sealed one so I was gonna order online but a lot of stores(bestbuy, gamestop) don't have it online. It's on amazon from a 3rd party for $37.50. Should I just pick up the gamestop copy?

Basically if you guys can confirm with me that "If it hasn't gone on sale by now, it probably won't go lower" then I'll swing by gamestop to buy neptunia tomorrow.
If you want Neptunia Victory standard edition sealed, you can also get it from Nis America online store for $30. I never have much luck finding sealed copies at Gamestop stores. Even when ordering from GS online, you still could get unlucky and receive a gutted store recycled copy.

you guys think dragon crown is going to get cheaper than $19.99. i know it is free for ps + member, but i want a physical copy to keep.

you guys think dragon crown is going to get cheaper than $19.99. i know it is free for ps + member, but i want a physical copy to keep.
With the way the price of the games is going I say within 6 months they will be $10ish or less. Great games, and I do prefer the physical copies, which I own both, though both are free on PS+ right now.

With the way the price of the games is going I say within 6 months they will be $10ish or less. Great games, and I do prefer the physical copies, which I own both, though both are free on PS+ right now.
but i have never seen an atlus game dropped to $10 yet, like catherine, or persona 4 golden. lol

i am going to think it over this weekend

you know, when hastune miku first came out, i thought it was bound to get a price drop to $30 or less in a year. so far i have not seen one price drop.

I noticed it after a few times Paypal failing myself but then was confirmed with a rep via email on the last time. It has never effected me getting my item though it usually gets delayed depending how long it takes for you to respond to them.

They ask for you to either fix your Paypal balance, switch to a credit card, or allow them to send you a Paypal invoice if any trouble happens during payment.
Thanks. Guess it won't be too much of a problem then.

Tales of Xillia 2 is probably going to be pretty good. Colin from IGN is doing a play through for his review and he said that JRPG fans have reason to be excited. I think that CE is well overpriced, but it will still probably become a hot item. If you're on the fence I'd preorder it while they still available.

Tales of Xillia 2 is probably going to be pretty good. Colin from IGN is doing a play through for his review and he said that JRPG fans have reason to be excited. I think that CE is well overpriced, but it will still probably become a hot item. If you're on the fence I'd preorder it while they still available.
I thought it was overpriced until they added the steelbook. Now I think it's in line with other game CEs.

It's been in stock for a few days. I've been going back and forth on whether I should pick one up.
no,it wasn't a in stock for a few days, it only last a few hours a few weeks ago. i was checking amazon frantically this whole week, after seeing the picture of the steelbook included

it will be like tales of symphonia chronicle collectors edition

no,it wasn't a in stock for a few days, it only last a few hours a few weeks ago. i was checking amazon frantically this whole week, after seeing the picture of the steelbook included
It was definitely in stock Tuesday. I was refreshing the page throughout the day.

I'm really tempted to get a second copy of it to part out, after seeing the unboxing. That steelbook is beautiful. The only other steelbook I like more is the Ni no Kuni one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back