Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like I'll have to wait with YBX87 for AWD-sold ToX2 CE dingers... :-({|=
sorry, but i jumped ship, and put a preorder in with amazon. it already bought some amazon kindle gc from gamestop to cover the cost. plus the pocket watch, and plushie ( which looked smaller in the pic originally), plus the steelbook sold me. i am fine shelling extra $30 for those items, since i paid $100 for the tales of xilla 1 collectors edition . the Ludger Will Kresnik figure will look nice next to my Milla Maxwell figure like in the unboxing video

sorry, but i jumped ship, and put a preorder in with amazon. it already bought some amazon kindle gc from gamestop to cover the cost.
...Then I wait alone.

43maTbc.jpg.gif

now the real question is how bestbuy ships it to you, do they just slap a slap a shipping label on it, or actually put it in a box
I think the one time they just slapped a label on a CE for me, it was shipped directly from one of the stores. I think when they ship from their hubs, they usually do a decent job packing stuff up. I'll be sure to post if there's a problem though so everyone else can be warned.

it will be like tales of symphonia chronicle collectors edition
In rarity, or in quality?

I think the one time they just slapped a label on a CE for me, it was shipped directly from one of the stores. I think when they ship from their hubs, they usually do a decent job packing stuff up. I'll be sure to post if there's a problem though so everyone else can be warned.

In rarity, or in quality?
rarity, i know it was to find. i think the items included in the tales of xilla 2 collectors edition is probably the best bang for the buck so far, out of all the tales collectors edition release in the west. you got the 20 % off with bestbuy right?

I just got my shipping notification from BB for the ToX2 CE, so unless BB is sending me something else instead without telling me, it looks like they are going to deliver on these.
I can confirm that I got mine as well. Not only that but it was shipped out via UPS instead UPSmi... thus while I don't have a date when it will get here yet there is a better than average chance it will be before next tuesday o.o

Thanks, but no thanks. The way I see it, I have three options:

1. Buy a dinger CE through AWD for $80-$90 and sell off the other copies of the game.

2. Buy the CE when it drops to $60 or so like the ToX1 CE did.

3. Miss out on the CE and enjoy my half-off standard copy.

We'll just have to see what happens.

Thanks, but no thanks. The way I see it, I have three options:

1. Buy a dinger CE through AWD for $80-$90 and sell off the other copies of the game.

2. Buy the CE when it drops to $60 or so like the ToX1 CE did.

3. Miss out on the CE and enjoy my half-off standard copy.

We'll just have to see what happens.
i know you already supported tales series enough , by buying two copies of the regular edition of tales of xilla 2 at half price off for each. LOL

but i have never seen an atlus game dropped to $10 yet, like catherine, or persona 4 golden. lol

i am going to think it over this weekend

you know, when hastune miku first came out, i thought it was bound to get a price drop to $30 or less in a year. so far i have not seen one price drop.
Project Diva actually rose in price because everyone ran out of copies cept for the scalpers.

Yeap, ATLUS games haven't dropped to $10. $20 yeah, but any lower, hardly.

Question about Amazon having Natural Doctrine for $40 if anyone with a lot of Amazon experience can chime in.

I ordered when it was $60. My order now shows $40. What happens if they raise the price back later? I won't get the $40 price?

Should I just re-order it?

Question about Amazon having Natural Doctrine for $40 if anyone with a lot of Amazon experience can chime in.

I ordered when it was $60. My order now shows $40. What happens if they raise the price back later? I won't get the $40 price?

Should I just re-order it?
Amazon's Preorder Price Guarantee states that you'll pay the lower price, guaranteed, even if they raise it later. Keep your order.

rarity, i know it was to find. i think the items included in the tales of xilla 2 collectors edition is probably the best bang for the buck so far, out of all the tales collectors edition release in the west. you got the 20 % off with bestbuy right?
I got the 20% off with BB, but I still think I like the Tales of Symphonia CE better because the outer box was so nice on that one, and it is a more compact package overall. I know it didn't come with a full statue like the ToX ones do, but I wasn't impressed with the quality of the ToX one, and the ToX2 one doesn't look much better from the videos I've seen. These statues look a significant step below in quality compared to those of Alter, Alphamax, or even some of the lower-level statue manufacturers in Japan.

Azure Striker Gunvolt, the new game from Inti Creates, the studio behind Mega Man Zero and Mighty No. 9, has a release date in North America.

The game will be released on August 29th for $15

Azure Striker Gunvolt, the new game from Inti Creates, the studio behind Mega Man Zero and Mighty No. 9, has a release date in North America.

The game will be released on August 29th for $15
Easy buy along with SAO Hollow Fragment on the vita. They both look fun, although I think Azure is going to be the better game.

I did kind of forget for Atlus usually $20 dollars new is kind of lowest they go unless it's third party than you may get a bit less like $15 or $10. I see Dragon's Crown going slightly cheaper, but not a lot maybe $15ish....probably not below $10 though for it new. $20 dollar for these games is a steal though IMHO. Very beautiful, and while they aren't long, they provide enough hours and lots of fun and loot.

These statues look a significant step below in quality compared to those of Alter, Alphamax, or even some of the lower-level statue manufacturers in Japan.
The Ludger figure doesn't look too great from pictures and unboxing video, but I thought the Millia one still looked really nice for a packed in figure. The only other nice figure I've seen in a CE was the Jess figure with the Mana Khemia Scholarship CE, and that was only $50 at release. Usually we get figures like that horrible Bravely Default one, Europe got.

The Aterlier games always seem to linger around $20-$30 for some reason. You'd think they would go down in price with the amount of ones they release, but the only time I see them cheaper is used. I can say that I bought Atelier Ayesha from Gamefly use for $15 and it was in perfect condition.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 is coming out at the end of this month, so my guess is GS is hiking up the prices on the other titles. I thought I saw that it was on PSN for $20. Though, I like to have physical copies as well.
the atelier titles sans rorona and ayesha are staying flat. but that's mostly from rorona getting a remake and ayesha being over printed. The rest are underprinted so barring they get remakes like rorona the ps3/vita versions aren't gonna move much.

all the neptunia titles seem to have minor fluctuation but otherwise aren't moving either.

tales of graces you missed the boat on, and xillia the entire fleet. I believe it dropped to like 5-10 bucks at its lowest point
prettymuch anything is flat right now and the only things you have to worry about are more niche nis titles that have a small window of being cheap then get expensive outside stuff like disgaea.

If you plan on getting xillia 2 just wait a little bit after release as if its anything like the first its price will drop like a stone just a couple months after.

http://videogames.pricecharting.com/

price tracker helps along with keeping stuff in your wish lists on amazon and checking all of them regularly
If you want Neptunia Victory standard edition sealed, you can also get it from Nis America online store for $30. I never have much luck finding sealed copies at Gamestop stores. Even when ordering from GS online, you still could get unlucky and receive a gutted store recycled copy.
Thanks for all the tips. Especially useful info shadowysea.

I just got back from gamestop. First thing I did when I got there was of course look for Neptunia on the shelf. It wasn't there! Start to panic. Check the shelf a second time and then a third time. I know I saw it just 3 days ago. Check on my phone. Stock still says "low stock". Sometimes those are wrong though. Take a used copy of Neptunia(1) to cashier and ask if they have new Neptunia. She says they have a new copy of Victory behind the counter. Phew~ She has the foresight to warn me that it wasn't a sealed copy. Like she knew I was gonna ask or something. I said "Alright, as long as it's 'new'". I had already decided I would get it today. It was in one of those re-shrink wrapped plastics. I also pick up Final Fantasy X/X-2. They had about 3 sealed copies for that one. She asked me if I wanted the Limited edition version of FFX/X-2 with artbook. It was marked as the same price so I said yeah if you have it. But then she double checked the drawers and told me sorry they must've sold out. I say alright, fine, it's okay. I get home and first thing, let's get that filthy shrink wrap off Neptunia. 'Lo and behold, the original shrink wrap was under the new shrink wrap completely intact! The case was still sealed. They just put that other wrap around it to hold the "Sounds of Gamindustri" soundtrack cd to the game. So I just got two sealed games from gamestop. I'm so happy. Only thing that would've been better would be if they had the FF limited edition but that was a long shot anyway. Wasn't expecting to get it. I'm so excited. Thank you guys for your help and listening to my story.

I can confirm that I got mine as well. Not only that but it was shipped out via UPS instead UPSmi... thus while I don't have a date when it will get here yet there is a better than average chance it will be before next tuesday o.o
Lucky you guys getting your shipping notices from Best Buy. ALL of my preorders from them are now messed up. I called a few weeks ago about a billing error on an order and they managed to save the order from being cancelled, but now ALL of my orders are stuck in an endless hold. Release dates come and go, and they just stay in Payment Validated status. Has happened with Sacred 3, Akiba's Trip, and looking at ToX2 Collectors it's the same thing. Plus they refuse to do anything about it if it's a shipping order until 3 days after release date, which means tomorrow I get to call about Akiba's Trip for the third time. All 3 of these games are on different invoice numbers. I asked on the forums and was told "it's a know issue stemming from the billing order issue, and there is no fix". So I have no confidence in getting my collectors edition from Best Buy.

Luckily, I just went to Bandai-Namco and since it was in stock there ordered it. P.S "BNS15OFF" is still working there. No tax in my state, so the order total only came to $2 more than Best Buy w/GCU.

If I do by some miracle get my Best Buy order, I'll just put the extra up here for trade.

The Ludger figure doesn't look too great from pictures and unboxing video, but I thought the Millia one still looked really nice for a packed in figure. The only other nice figure I've seen in a CE was the Jess figure with the Mana Khemia Scholarship CE, and that was only $50 at release. Usually we get figures like that horrible Bravely Default one, Europe got.
The Millia figure was better than I was expecting, but there's still a night and day difference between the one that came with the CE and the one that Alter did of Millia in Japan.

I haven't seen the Mana Khemia figure, but from what I have seen, the only figure that I was impressed with as a pack-in is the one that is going to come with the Shining Resonance CE, assuming the figure stays true to the prototype.

Lucky you guys getting your shipping notices from Best Buy. ALL of my preorders from them are now messed up. I called a few weeks ago about a billing error on an order and they managed to save the order from being cancelled, but now ALL of my orders are stuck in an endless hold. Release dates come and go, and they just stay in Payment Validated status. Has happened with Sacred 3, Akiba's Trip, and looking at ToX2 Collectors it's the same thing. Plus they refuse to do anything about it if it's a shipping order until 3 days after release date, which means tomorrow I get to call about Akiba's Trip for the third time. All 3 of these games are on different invoice numbers. I asked on the forums and was told "it's a know issue stemming from the billing order issue, and there is no fix". So I have no confidence in getting my collectors edition from Best Buy.

Luckily, I just went to Bandai-Namco and since it was in stock there ordered it. P.S "BNS15OFF" is still working there. No tax in my state, so the order total only came to $2 more than Best Buy w/GCU.

If I do by some miracle get my Best Buy order, I'll just put the extra up here for trade.
How strange that you haven't gotten Akiba's Trip yet. I got my Vita copy via UPS yesterday. :whistle2:k

The Millia figure was better than I was expecting, but there's still a night and day difference between the one that came with the CE and the one that Alter did of Millia in Japan.

I haven't seen the Mana Khemia figure, but from what I have seen, the only figure that I was impressed with as a pack-in is the one that is going to come with the Shining Resonance CE, assuming the figure stays true to the prototype.
You can't compare prize figures to ones done by Alter, Good Smile Company, Max Factory, and a bunch of other companies. Of course the price difference is night and day. While a prize figure may cost about 1400 yen or so, most scaled figures (1/8 and above) cost at least 5400 yen or more, while very sought after figures going for about 10000 yen or more. It's a sad time to be a figure collector as the prices are through the roof right now.

Sorry about that rant, but neat looking CE anyway.

You can't compare prize figures to ones done by Alter, Good Smile Company, Max Factory, and a bunch of other companies. Of course the price difference is night and day. While a prize figure may cost about 1400 yen or so, most scaled figures (1/8 and above) cost at least 5400 yen or more, while very sought after figures going for about 10000 yen or more. It's a sad time to be a figure collector as the prices are through the roof right now.

I agree with you that the nicer figures are too expensive. I've avoided collecting them for that reason, but they sure are nice to look at. I do hope that Shining Resonance is able to start a trend of packing a really nice statue in with a game CE.

I agree with you that the nicer figures are too expensive. I've avoided collecting them for that reason, but they sure are nice to look at. I do hope that Shining Resonance is able to start a trend of packing a really nice statue in with a game CE.
True that figure is 100% nice, mainly if I knew the character. Makes me sad we don't get the Shining series anymore. The newer ones look quite excellent. Just another slap in the face from Sega. Though getting Miku games is A-OK in my book.

It's actually a little better to be a collector now as opposed from around 2009-2012. The USD/YEN rate was stuck at about 78 for a while and now has been around 100 for the last 8 months.

So for some figures(most) that haven't exploded in price you are saving 20% then if you had bought them 2 years ago.

True that figure is 100% nice, mainly if I knew the character. Makes me sad we don't get the Shining series anymore. The newer ones look quite excellent. Just another slap in the face from Sega. Though getting Miku games is A-OK in my book.
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised when we got the fist Miku and pleasantly surprised again when the 2nd one on Vita got announced as a physical release here. I really hope that Sega eventually brings the Shining series as well as the Phantasy Star stuff back to the West.

Until your ps plus ends.
I can't honestly imagine ever letting my PS Plus end. The benefits are really great for the price, plus I do play multiplayer stuff on my PS4.

PS+ would be worth if for the better sales, I think, as long as you grab it when the sub costs are low (like $30 a year as it was last BF.) Add in the games every month and it's hard to argue against.

The "oh, you'll lose the games when your sub ends!" argument has always felt pointless to me. I don't go back to replay games; if you think you will replay a specific game and are tempted to let your sub lapse, just buy the game when there's a decent sale. It's not like you're getting screwed with as low as the sub costs and the amount of games and sales it throws at you.

I would absolutely buy a Shining compilation. Shining in the Darkness + SF 1-3? In a heartbeat.

I don't really know anything about the 2000+ games, though. Those were all over the place as far as systems go. I see we have Shining Resonance coming to PS3 later this year, BTW. It looks nothing like an sRPG, though. The series has kind of gotten away from that, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxd6qwKyi9w

I like my physical copies, thank you very much.
I do too, but at least I don't have to buy a sealed copy to collect, and a used play copy. I can get a sealed copy and play the free copy on PS+. Or buy it at a huge discount, like $5 Atlus games.

Edit: And about PS+, so what if you let your PS+ expire. You get the games back when you're ready to sign up again. It's an awesome system, and I love Sony for doing that.

I would absolutely buy a Shining compilation. Shining in the Darkness + SF 1-3? In a heartbeat.

I don't really know anything about the 2000+ games, though. Those were all over the place as far as systems go. I see we have Shining Resonance coming to PS3 later this year, BTW. It looks nothing like an sRPG, though. The series has kind of gotten away from that, I guess.

Looks good, I for one still champion Shining Force EXA as one of the best games on the PS2. I hope this one makes it to the states.

shining in the darkness is already out. on the sega collection. sadly never seen shining force in the states. i think the japan or the EU copy has the shining force games (not sure)

nope its

SEGA Genesis Classics Series 4 [Download] that has them

So I am suddenly really worried about my best buy xillia 2 collectors edition.

since it was being shipped out via ups instead of upsmi I figured it was fine and it was upgraded since it was big and needed a box...

my tracking number just updated though... and the shipping weight is a mere .6lbs... I've seen the pictures there is no way the LE weighs under a pound (granted the game by itself should only be .3lbs or so) so I am curious what is up :/

since it was being shipped out via ups instead of upsmi I figured it was fine and it was upgraded since it was big and needed a box...

my tracking number just updated though... and the shipping weight is a mere .6lbs... I've seen the pictures there is no way the LE weighs under a pound (granted the game by itself should only be .3lbs or so) so I am curious what is up :/
My shipping weight from BB shows the same .6. I'm not gonna panic yet, but given that this item was delisted soon after it was put up, I wouldn't put it past them to just ship the standard version as .6 is usually how much regular version games weigh when I get them from BB. Needless to say, if they shipped the standard version and still charged me for the CE, I am going to be furious.

how about at least just SF3!

My shipping weight from BB shows the same .6. I'm not gonna panic yet, but given that this item was delisted soon after it was put up, I wouldn't put it past them to just ship the standard version as .6 is usually how much regular version games weigh when I get them from BB. Needless to say, if they shipped the standard version and still charged me for the CE, I am going to be furious.
Yeah mine shows .6 also. I looked at my order and their current listing for the ToX2 standard edition and the SKUs are different, so I'm hoping that the .6 is just a placeholder weight. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Yeah mine shows .6 also. I looked at my order and their current listing for the ToX2 standard edition and the SKUs are different, so I'm hoping that the .6 is just a placeholder weight. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
yup can only wait and see, if it does show up as the standard it's going to suck having to deal with best buy customer service, but ideally it would be a widespread issue so there wouldn't be any burden of proof... unless I get one of you to confirming it's fine though I will likely be anal and record myself opening the package if it seems like the LE isn't in there.

yup can only wait and see, if it does show up as the standard it's going to suck having to deal with best buy customer service, but ideally it would be a widespread issue so there wouldn't be any burden of proof... unless I get one of you to confirming it's fine though I will likely be anal and record myself opening the package if it seems like the LE isn't in there.
I'll post what happens to me when mine comes in so you guys can be warned/relieved, depending on circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back