Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I am still buying it for the Vita to support it, but a 75% or more off Steam sale for it will be awfully tempting.

Cool now i'll get it when it or the vita version go to about 5-6 dollars. I wonder which will reach around that price first!
If the Vita does drop to $5, I will buy it for sure. Even so, I kind of hope it doesn't. The Vita isn't doing too well right now. Such a drastic price cut on a good exclusive (or former exclusive) will be bad.

Why do you need to jailbreak it? The PS3 isn't region-locked. Is Vesperia itself region-locked?
So you play Tales of Vesperia with the Fan Translation.
They explain it on the site much better than I will, but basically its their way of providing translations for the game, all the while making you purchase the Japanese game. You have to use the modded PS3 in order to use the translations with the game. The translations run off of a usb drive with the game.

More or less its a huge pain in the ass unless you already own a modded PS3 with a specific jailbreak release, but it's an option, lol.

Cool now i'll get it when it or the vita version go to about 5-6 dollars. I wonder which will reach around that price first!
Atlus is the only one with insane price, and thats for digital. Many games still over $20 even after it was free on plus.

Again, spend some time reading up on the definition of hypocrite. Here you are bitching about me acting as the "Batman of CAG" and here you are claiming all your bitching is justified because it's helping the community by putting me in check. Isn't that exactly what the "Batman of CAG" might see as their job?

You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else here, but at least learn to recognize the self-centered nature of your repeated complaints and the fact that the vast majority of everything you have ever posted here since you arrived is a complaint about other CAGs or companies. You can justify your greed and selfishness any way you want, but the truth is that you don't care about anyone but yourself and you enjoy seeing other people not get what they want including copies of Neptunia that you selfishly sucked up knowing that you were only supposed to purchase one. I can tell you that you're dead wrong about one thing, your greed did directly impact CAGs and other gamers. Because you had to have two copies to satisfy some weird need, someone didn't get the one they would have loved to have. I also get to decide what is and isn't my business. If you don't like it, feel free to ignore me or go elsewhere. Of course, a self-centered narcissist like yourself never is self aware enough to get a hint and I expect you'll continue to post your garbage here for many years to come.
Unfortunately you're delusional, the only thing that crosses my mind at this point when reading your rambling is WTF is this guy talking about, obviously the original point was lost on you a long time ago which is not surprising at all.

Carry on CAG-man, and you're still in check, you still didn't prove anywhere that Neptunia Re:Birth1 LE was limited to 1 per person because it wasn't and you can't. There's nothing wrong with buying more than 1 as everyone had the same information and same opportunity to order. If anything, you're jealous you didn't buy more than one yourself due to how valuable they ended up being.

Balls up and just admit it.

I just got off the phone from NIS America about my damaged DangaRonpa LE. I got a very nice CSR.

They said they would send me a replacement; luckily they hold onto a few for these kinds of issues. They even mailed me a pre-paid postage so I don't have to worry about shipping costs when shipping it back.

They also said that they have extra box covers in case anyone is interested in just replacing those. Turned my frown up-side down.
I had similar issues with the first game, and they did a great job replacing it, and providing a replacement sleeve. CS is top shelf, especially when you use the phone. Email can take awhile to get replies, but still works in the long run.

X9GNvMz.png

Ya man, nobody cares! (Multiple Likes...) Damn, point taken.
I don't see any likes on the walls of text for these past few pages. Then again, I've been completely skipping your posts. This really isn't something that belongs in the thread either way; take it to PMs. Thanks.

I had similar issues with the first game, and they did a great job replacing it, and providing a replacement sleeve. CS is top shelf, especially when you use the phone. Email can take awhile to get replies, but still works in the long run.
Yeah, she's really nice. got a damaged LE box a while back and she asked if I wanted a free game to make up for it. Really great service.

Anyone have the PS3 version of Orochi? How is it? Any bad slowdown/pop-in? Thinking of buying it even though I've wanted to wait for my PS4.
I don't know about the ultimate version of orochi 3. From what I played of the vanilla ver of warriors orochi 3 ps3; there was not a lot of slow down or pop up.
The game ran pretty well on there.

Danganronpa just shipped :)
mine too :D

Holy shit, that sure took forever.
Right?.. Had it ordered on like April. Game came out.. around May? Tumblers allowed you to order and said backorder until June 30th. June 30th came and still nothing. Called and said it was still not available and wouldn't just take the tumblers out of my order and just ship the game. So I just said fuck it whatever. Last week the game finally shipped without the tumblers. ._.
Was looking forward to getting it during May, but at this point I don't really care about it anymore lol. Nice to finally have I guess.

I actually still want those tumblers, but whatever. I get my game at least.

Amazon's Listing for Senran Kagura Shinobi Versus is now 10/14/14
It is still a place holder. XSeed have stated they have no release date yet. I would expect by end of October given they have released English screens though.

Ha! Just got an email from Amazon asking me to leave feedback on the packaging of the HDN Re;Birth1 LE I ordered. Leave feedback I shall, Amazon.

I like to pretend someone will actually read it.

Not much of a deal, but picked up Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate for PS4 at Best Buy today and they are going to mail me a $10 gift card next week for buying. Nice bonus at least.

It's relevant to the discussion as it provides information to other CAGs about how retailers are handling concerns with damage to LE/CEs. Posting trades has no relevance in this section and has it's own dedicated section of the forums.

is that a good price? Not sure what anime this supposedly includes. I cant find it on ANIDB at all. Tried looking up sengoku basara and i just see sengoku basara 1 and 2, nothing with Legend of the Sanada in the name either.

What anime is is?

is that a good price? Not sure what anime this supposedly includes. I cant find it on ANIDB at all. Tried looking up sengoku basara and i just see sengoku basara 1 and 2, nothing with Legend of the Sanada in the name either.

What anime is is?
You got the two games mixed up. It's Samurai Warriors 4. Here's the trailer for it anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGt3RS4L8bg

What anime is is?
It's just that BB had it at $79.99, while everyone else had it at $74.99.

this site has some screen shots thought were worth sharing

Scans roundup – Disgaea 5, Luminous Arc Infinity, Resident Evil HD, Senran Kagura, Shining Resonance, Ys
http://gamingeverything.com/scans-roundup-disgaea-5-luminous-arc-infinity-resident-evil-hd-senran-kagura-shining-resonance-ys/?pid=36610

disgaea-5

disgaea-5-1.jpg

disgaea-5-2.jpg

disgaea-5-3.jpg

disgaea-5-4.jpg

Luminous Arc Infinity
really like the fan service in this

luminous-arc-infinity-1.jpg

luminous-arc-infinity-2.jpg

luminous-arc-infinity-3.jpg

luminous-arc-infinity-4.jpg

Resident Evil HD
re-hd-1.jpg

re-hd-2.jpg

re-hd-3.jpg

re-hd-4.jpg

Senran Kagura

senran-1.jpg

senran-2.jpg

senran-3.jpg

Shining Resonance

shining-1.jpg

shining-2.jpg

Ys
ys-1.jpg

ys-2.jpg

good times too be a gamer less your my wallet it hates me
ys is the only vita game right

Will Fairy Fencer F hold its value (or become hard to find) or do you guys think there will be price drops? I want to get this game, but am unsure if I should preorder it from Best Buy, or wait  for a sale/price drop. Is there likely to be one?

Will Fairy Fencer F hold its value (or become hard to find) or do you guys think there will be price drops? I want to get this game, but am unsure if I should preorder it from Best Buy, or wait for a sale/price drop. Is there likely to be one?
You'll see it being a part of Gamefly sales next year.

Will Fairy Fencer F hold its value (or become hard to find) or do you guys think there will be price drops? I want to get this game, but am unsure if I should preorder it from Best Buy, or wait for a sale/price drop. Is there likely to be one?
It's highly unlikely. When was the last time that happened?

this site has some screen shots thought were worth sharing

Scans roundup – Disgaea 5, Luminous Arc Infinity, Resident Evil HD, Senran Kagura, Shining Resonance, Ys
http://gamingeverything.com/scans-roundup-disgaea-5-luminous-arc-infinity-resident-evil-hd-senran-kagura-shining-resonance-ys/?pid=36610

disgaea-5

disgaea-5-1.jpg

disgaea-5-2.jpg

disgaea-5-3.jpg

disgaea-5-4.jpg

Luminous Arc Infinity
really like the fan service in this

luminous-arc-infinity-1.jpg

luminous-arc-infinity-2.jpg

luminous-arc-infinity-3.jpg

luminous-arc-infinity-4.jpg

Resident Evil HD
re-hd-1.jpg

re-hd-2.jpg

re-hd-3.jpg

re-hd-4.jpg

Senran Kagura

senran-1.jpg

senran-2.jpg

senran-3.jpg

Shining Resonance

shining-1.jpg

shining-2.jpg

Ys
ys-1.jpg

ys-2.jpg

good times too be a gamer less your my wallet it hates me
Those all got blocked. You really need to use imgur for this stuff.

It will probably drop fast though the CE will most likely at least hold its value.

BB dropped PS3 Natural Doctrine pre-order to $40 again, from $50 few days ago. not sure why they keep changing the price. good deal when you add GCU discount and free $10 gift card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back