Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGDHZeXZhCI

Shinovi Versus is coming out on October 14th, pretty unsurprising considering Amazon updated their release date a while back. Burst was pretty mediocre but I might puck this one up if it's significantly better.

Edit: Ninja'd

I thought this was coming out at the end of September. This is news to me that the game got pushed to October.

Well guys, speaking of Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (Vita), the Let's Get Physical edition is $46/FS at Newegg! (Discount is valid until 9/25)
Ah man, I just paid this off at Gamestop recently. Oh well.

I thought this was coming out at the end of September. This is news to me that the game got pushed to October.

Ah man, I just paid this off at Gamestop recently. Oh well.
It never had an actual release date. People just assumed the placeholder dates on Amazon and Gamestop were accurate. This is the first time an actual date has been announced by the publisher.

The plot is the best part. xD
To be fair, I actually though the story parts in the 3DS one were pretty good, but long. However, yeah, that's not the reason I bought the game, haha. The vita one is supposed to have slightly better gameplay, according to my friend that bought the import of it a while back.

That's been on my radar for a while. They announced a couple of Valkryia Chronicles characters (one fighter one support) but I'm still hoping they announce a few more before release. I'm sure there will be dlc, but that's kind of a pain since I was planning to get the vita version.
Yeah, I was leaning Vita as well. I'll have to keep an eye on how they're going to do DLC, a playable Celty would be awesome.

So, the thing that has me stoked more than anything else is Type-0. I've been waiting for years for them to release it and now they do. Day 1 buy. Still mad it took this long though. The worst part was shortly after Type-0 came out in Japan, everyone here was expecting it. We got a Final Fantasy game at the time. But it wasn't Type-0. It was Final Fantasy All the Lamest for the iOS. Square, oh you!

Still buying it. :D
Unlike Jinjo, you can always expect Olengie.

I know this has been asked before, but I don't think it got an answer.

I want to purchase Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter off of Best Buy and was wondering what's the better system to get it for. I'd preferably like to purchase it soon before it goes out of stock and BB yanks it from their website.

I know this has been asked before, but I don't think it got an answer.

I want to purchase Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunter off of Best Buy and was wondering what's the better system to get it for. I'd preferably like to purchase it soon before it goes out of stock and BB yanks it from their website.
The graphics are quite basic. It looks like a portable Vita game through and through so unless you want to play with a controller on a big screen go vita. I'm almost 100% sure there is touch functions too...which the Vita should shine in.

I love beat em ups and warrior games and love Senran Kagura series. Lot of fun with tons of character. Cannot wait to pick up mum or order.

I also do suggest DW8XLCE and WO3U to folks as had a blast on both.

Anyone who tells you that they aren't buying SK games for the fan service is probably lying, but the games do actually play pretty good for the type of game that they are.
if i could turn off the fan service I would. I am mostly buying it because I like hack and slash games and want to support a physical release. If it was digital only I would be skipping it though. I have heard the gameplay is decent and that is all I care about as my wife will be playing it :p

Having never played it myself, I can't say. :oops:
The batle system turned me away from Secret of Mana. I tried a few times and just couldn't find it fun.
I actually like Secret of Mana a lot more than Seiken Densetsu 3, because the magic system was broken in 3 in a bad way. You can pretty much not play a caster, at all. The charge attacks in SoM was pretty bad, but you didn't have to use it.

Actually I wouldn't consider any of those in the top 3. FFIV yes. Not sure what I'd say the 3rd game is.
I'd probably put Secret of Mana, FF4, and Contra 3 as my top 3. Or maybe Lufia 2 instead of one of them.

Yeah, I was leaning Vita as well. I'll have to keep an eye on how they're going to do DLC, a playable Celty would be awesome.

To be fair, I actually though the story parts in the 3DS one were pretty good, but long. However, yeah, that's not the reason I bought the game, haha. The vita one is supposed to have slightly better gameplay, according to my friend that bought the import of it a while back.
haha you two better get out of here before etna shows up xD

I actually like Secret of Mana a lot more than Seiken Densetsu 3, because the magic system was broken in 3 in a bad way. You can pretty much not play a caster, at all. The charge attacks in SoM was pretty bad, but you didn't have to use it.

I'd probably put Secret of Mana, FF4, and Contra 3 as my top 3. Or maybe Lufia 2 instead of one of them.
I'm kind of leaning towards Mario Kart as #3.

Secret of Mana wasn't top 3 or probably even top 5 for me on SNES of the games that I played. The idiotic AI of your party characters pushed it a little further down the list for me as far as that console's best games went.

My personal top 3 on that console were:

1. Chrono Trigger
2. FFIII
3. Super Metroid

I don't remember seeing this. Looks interesting. Comes out 1/22 in Japan for PC/360/Vita. Weird platform combination, but hey, a dungeon crawler. Hopefully it'll come out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPSTCGZUrk

Only now does Newegg offer a promotion for Senran Kagura...you know, this time I don't feel like cancelling my Best Buy preorder.

I just hope I'm not burned out of DW/SW gameplay by the time I get to the game, LOL.

I'm also shamelessly saying that I think Super Metroid is the best game I've ever played so forget the top 3 part...and that I've never played Chrono Trigger. 

[media]https://youtube.com/watch?v=1cb6jlyxgCQ[/media]
Delayed to 2015. Hoping early 2015. Cant help but sau I sorta saw this coming. But look. Chie, Kanji, and Yusuke dancing.

Hoping they have Epilogue costumes. That would be amazing

Haha I love that song in the video...and this remix is cool...can't wait for that. Also Devil Survivor 2 Break Record finally!!! Hopefully we get it in the next year.

The site no longer lists Dingo. Just ATLUS and Sega. To be honest. Another year of Persona is fine with me. :D something for me be excited for 2015

Does anyone think Disgaea 5 will come to the Vita as a remake?

Supposedly with the huge amount of chapters (16 I believe) they say it's too much power for the  Vita and hence why they won't ever make it for the system?

What do you guys think? A bunch of bolony and it will eventually come or probably telling the truth on this one?

Supposedly with the huge amount of chapters (16 I believe) they say it's too much power for the Vita and hence why they won't ever make it for the system?

What do you guys think? A bunch of bolony and it will eventually come or probably telling the truth on this one?
They already said that the Vita won't be able to run it and if it gets ported to a handheld it will be Vita's succesor.

Supposedly with the huge amount of chapters (16 I believe) they say it's too much power for the Vita and hence why they won't ever make it for the system?

...too much "power"? Uhh...

Maybe too big, but I can't imagine how they'd have trouble porting it otherwise.

Devil Survivor 2: Break Record: Trailer+ JP release date 25/1/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHCSLsF0px0&list=UUDKOsemhPLrK4JnsZqkxHLA
I don't know why, but it really bugged me that in overclocked everything was done on the bottom screen.

Hope they don't do it that way again.

I think that it will indeed require to much power for the vita to handle as there will be a lot of calculations with attacks against large groups of enemies with 100 enemies on screen and the new revenge system.

it won't be until 2018 before it gets a portable version anyways... thus it will likely either come to the vita's successor (if there is one but I would place good odds there will be) or phones/tablets at that time (if there isn't a vita successor)

either way you will be able to play it on the vita via remote play and given the type of game it is a little lag won't ruin the experience at all.

It was to be expected, but Hyperdimension Victory is getting a Vita Remake. It'll be called Neptunia Re;Birth 3 V Century

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-20/neptunia-re-birth-3-v-century-announced-for-ps-vita/.78983
Actually to be honest, I didn't expect it at all, I thought they remade 1+2 because they weren't very good at the time and they were going to use V's system/hud. Victory was actually a decent game and unless they completely remade it, there isn't much that they can do to change it. But seeing this, I guess they just want all the games to be on vita, which I don't mind because its more neptunia.

I think that it will indeed require to much power for the vita to handle as there will be a lot of calculations with attacks against large groups of enemies with 100 enemies on screen and the new revenge system.

it won't be until 2018 before it gets a portable version anyways... thus it will likely either come to the vita's successor (if there is one but I would place good odds there will be) or phones/tablets at that time (if there isn't a vita successor)

either way you will be able to play it on the vita via remote play and given the type of game it is a little lag won't ruin the experience at all.
I can't see them waiting that long at all. Disgaea D2 Vita has already got to be on the way and I'd expect it out next year. I seriously doubt we'll be seeing a Vita successor as soon as 2018 considering it would only be a 6-year-old platform at that point. PSP didn't get replaced for 8 years. Shooting for the same general ballpark of a Vita replacement around 2020...that'd be a 5-year gap between D2 on Vita and Disgaea 5.

Not on topic or anything, but someone on this thread put me onto Attack of the Friday Monsters when it was on sale a while back.  I finally got a round to playing and LOVED the game!  Thank you thank you thank you, and thank you for all the information that I have gleaned from all of you on this thread.  

I can't see them waiting that long at all. Disgaea D2 Vita has already got to be on the way and I'd expect it out next year. I seriously doubt we'll be seeing a Vita successor as soon as 2018 considering it would only be a 6-year-old platform at that point. PSP didn't get replaced for 8 years. Shooting for the same general ballpark of a Vita replacement around 2020...that'd be a 5-year gap between D2 on Vita and Disgaea 5.
I highly doubt we will see a disgaea d2 vita port before 2016.... everyone seems to miss the fact that the disgaea handheld ports are always around 3-4 years after the console versions.

disgaea 1: console jan 2003, psp version nov 2006 time 3 years 10 months

disgaea 2: console feb 2006, psp version march 2009 time 3 years 1 month

disgaea 3: console Jan 2008, vita version dec 2011 time 3 years 11 months

disgaea 4: console feb 2011, vita version jan 2014 time 2 years 11 months.

Thus there isn't any reason to expect the next one to be anything but around 3 years after the console release especially for d2 as if the vita really can't handle disgaea 5 then there is no reason to rush the release of disgaea d2 to the vita.

as for the psp to vita it was actually 7 years (2004 psp launch to 2011 vita launch), and it's not unthinkable to think sony might move onto a new handheld a bit sooner this time and bring in a successor to the vita after 6 years instead of 7 (if there is one at all) Given the advancements in tablet tech they likely can't wait around as long this time. it could end up making the disgaea 5 port be closer to the 4 year range instead of 3 though just like disgaea 3 got delayed for a bit compared to the second one.

Not on topic or anything, but someone on this thread put me onto Attack of the Friday Monsters when it was on sale a while back. I finally got a round to playing and LOVED the game! Thank you thank you thank you, and thank you for all the information that I have gleaned from all of you on this thread.
It wasn't me who recommended the game, but I really like this comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back