Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope SK:Versus physical copy drops in price. Not sure how many copies they had made, but I'm not in a rush to get it since I can't quite play it. Might end up waiting for Estival Versus to be honest.

I saw lightning returns for $19.99 new at my walmart today. I know there were people looking to get it for ps3.
Apparently the Steam version of XIII has been modded to allow for 60FPS and higher resolutions. Between that and the Japanese audio (confirmed to work), buying the PS3 version might not be the best idea for those who have a gaming PC.

Let's Get Physical Edition is supposed to get a limited print run since it was initially meant to be a Digital-Only release in the first place. However, they could have just had a large print run. Whatever. I pre-ordered mine so I won't regret it later if turns out true. 

What are the chances of me finding a copy of senran kagura limited edition a few months out from release day at a cheaper price?
Well, the publisher has stated they are only producing qty based on pre-orders and some extra. How many pre-orders they had, and how many extra's is anyone's guess. I would say your chances of finding this discounted are very slim, and it's very possible you won't be able to find it at all in a few months.

Apparently the Steam version of XIII has been modded to allow for 60FPS and higher resolutions. Between that and the Japanese audio (confirmed to work), buying the PS3 version might not be the best idea for those who have a gaming PC.
Well unless you snagged the J-audio free DLC that was available when it launched...

Let's Get Physical Edition is supposed to get a limited print run since it was initially meant to be a Digital-Only release in the first place. However, they could have just had a large print run. Whatever. I pre-ordered mine so I won't regret it later if turns out true.
it was enough that it got me to buy it.... I wasn't planning on getting booby warriors for more than $5 until they announced the physical version lol.

is senran kagura censored?
I think the only thing that is censored is their age. Although it's very minor, I really hate when companies need to censor in order to localize their games.

considered picking up lightning returns from Target. Do all copies at Target have the steel book, or was it limited? I saw one pretty recently with the steelbook and now I'm wondering if I should have scooped it up :p

considered picking up lightning returns from Target. Do all copies at Target have the steel book, or was it limited? I saw one pretty recently with the steelbook and now I'm wondering if I should have scooped it up :p
It was limited last I checked but only at Target. I know all the Targets in my area (Chicago area) have multiple copies with the steelbook on sale from time to time.

I can't recall, do Totori and Meruru Plus go on sale very often? My wife just finished Rorona Plus and wants to play the next, but $40 is too steep, imo, for a digital-only game.
I don't think I've ever seen them go on sale for Vita. Which is disappointing because I want to try the series out but not at $40 when it's digital-only.

I don't think I've ever seen them go on sale for Vita. Which is disappointing because I want to try the series out but not at $40 when it's digital-only.
Crap... i forgot that totori and meruru plus were digital only. Ah well, guess I'll keep my physical copies and play the vanilla versions.

I can't recall, do Totori and Meruru Plus go on sale very often? My wife just finished Rorona Plus and wants to play the next, but $40 is too steep, imo, for a digital-only game.
it was on sale for 20 ( plus ) 27 ( non plus ) during golden week

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/28/golden-week-sale-celebrates-japanese-games-2/

and I know totori went on sale once before that lol

I could see it getting around sale in the future.

Thanks Thermoplye for the news on Atelier Ayesha Plus might grab that since I skiped it and went straight to Atelier Escha & Logy lol

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/28/golden-week-sale-celebrates-japanese-games-2/

Thanks Thermoplye for the news on Atelier Ayesha Plus might grab that since I skiped it and went straight to Atelier Escha & Logy lol
Not sure how I missed that. I'll grab the first one next time, I guess.

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/520508914480459776

Atelier Ayesha Plus coming to PSN with dual audio on 1/15.

(for Vita)
Interesting. Ayesha is the only one that, while I want to play it at some point, I was hesitant to get because of the forced English audio (not that I'm against dubs--these types of games just feel better to me subbed). Now I'll wait for a sale on Ayesha Plus and pick up Escha & Logy for PS3 later on to play afterwards. Thanks for the heads-up.

I figured out why I didn't seriously consider buying either of the games on sale; they were games #2 and #3 in that trilogy. The first game, Atelier Rorona, was not yet available on Vita at that time.

Any idea how good senran kagura is? Think ill get the le since it looks cool but no idea how good the game is lol
A lot of people say it's repetitive but fun, and a bit better than the 3DS one. It looks very Dynasty Warriorish so that's something. That's what I've read anyway.

Thermopyle, on 10 Oct 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:
I feel the same way, unless its 10 or under, than I don't usually bother especially with cards prices and I don't support their cheapness (except indies who don't have the money to do physical)

aaronrodgers, on 10 Oct 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:
Both Totori and Meruru + have been on sale before, I believe they were half price.
even when they were under 30, still to much, seeing how little kings story hardly goes on sale and even that old game isn't cheap enough, would rather play my backlog and current physical games than bite the bullet for this, not a must play where I am missing out

even when they were under 30, still to much, seeing how little kings story hardly goes on sale and even that old game isn't cheap enough, would rather play my backlog and current physical games than bite the bullet for this, not a must play where I am missing out
Little Kings was on sale last week for like $8-$9, IIRC.

Not all copies have the steel book. I went to my Target yesterday and all the copies, including the Steelbook were gone and the last time I checked, they were there 1-2 weeks ago.

I wrote a huge post about Natural Doctrine on reddit. I'm not going to post the content here simply because of formatting issues, but check it out here if you're curious about the game:

http://www.reddit.com/r/JRPG/comments/2istp0/anyone_else_pleasantly_surprised_by_natural/cl5ptk8
Thanks for the review. I really want to love this game. SRPGs are my favorite genre, but I'm struggling in the mines. Your advice about not opening every door is great. Can't wait to try if out again tonight.

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/520508914480459776

Atelier Ayesha Plus coming to PSN with dual audio on 1/15.

(for Vita)
They need to release these physical. I'll get it on sale half off like I got the rest. I miss NISAs love of the series. For Tecmo Koei they just churn it out and for Vita games rarely do physical copies. I'm very OK with getting Atelier games later and on sale now, since there are no LEs, which reminds me has Atelier Escha & Logy gotten a good drop yet? Around $20 would be considered a good drop to me. I will likely have it around May/June next year then....talking about Atelier Ayesha Plus....$20 bucks or bust baby!

Thanks for the review. I really want to love this game. SRPGs are my favorite genre, but I'm struggling in the mines. Your advice about not opening every door is great. Can't wait to try if out again tonight.
One thing I didn't mention in that post; you can re-spec at will. This can be pretty useful as there are some maps where for example you want Geoff to be gun-centric with Aim and such available, whereas others you want him able to use Advanced Guard and act as a tank. If you realize after starting a fight that you're poorly-specced for it, go back to the map, re-spec, and start the fight again.

1898275_1697896707102435_8403563213397850440_n.jpg

Happy Friday! We're pumped to announce that Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart, the first-ever SRPG in the Neptunia series, will be coming to North America and Europe in early 2015! You can check out the official site here
http://www.ideafintl.com/noire/ - Official Site

Really? Did you look at Beryl in the Patty pirate costume?
Though it is undeniably cute, Vesperia costumes mean very little to someone that doesn't own a 360 ;)

Fret not though costumely challenged, think of all the people that won't be getting the physical release that will gladly take your dlc as part of an exchange for goods and services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back