Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Best Buy called me and said they didn't receive any copies of Tears to Tiara even though I pre-ordered from them, and that no stores in the region are getting any copies (none on the way either). Anyone else have a similar issue or did you all get yours shipped or something?
My copy of Tears to Tiara already shipped. I didn't order in the store though. Hopefully the bonus book doesn't get too mangled in the mail...

So I played the demo for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F on my vita, and I wanted to know a couple of themes. Is the game as good as the demo? (I absolutely loved the demo)

Second question. is the vita version just as good or better than the PS3 version?

My Best Buy called me and said they didn't receive any copies of Tears to Tiara even though I pre-ordered from them, and that no stores in the region are getting any copies (none on the way either). Anyone else have a similar issue or did you all get yours shipped or something?
I ordered online and have it for in-store pickup. I did receive an e-mail this morning saying it's ready for pickup on October 14; so far I have not been told otherwise. I'll report what happens for me in about 12 hours.

so the game comparability list for PS TV says that Silent Hill isn't compatible but if you have a vita you can use it to download the game and it will work on the vita tv. Also the store is up.

I imported it

MQpB8sv.jpg

So I played the demo for Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F on my vita, and I wanted to know a couple of themes. Is the game as good as the demo? (I absolutely loved the demo)

Second question. is the vita version just as good or better than the PS3 version?
Full game is excellent. The demo hooked me, too. I must've played World's End Dancehall about 50 times before buying the game. I only played the Vita version, but I'm sure the PS3 version is better because you don't have to use the touchscreen for the star scratch notes. Having said that, I think it's a perfect portable game. Plus the Vita version has the AR aspect to it.

Really can't wait for Diva F 2nd next month.

Yes, PDf is just as good as the demo. As for the version question, PS3 allows you install the game for faster loading than the Vita and has more polish on visuals. Only thing missing is that the PS3 version does not come with the AR functionality.

If anyone has any questions about the vita tv let me know. I might be able to answer some since i have one.
Are you able to get your US account on an import Vita TV? I picked up a white PS4 when Destiny launched and am trying to get all of my Playstation gear white to match it.

I preordered online with in-store pick up. I got an email today saying it was ready for pick up, so I drove down. When I got there they acted really strange. They said the release date was tomorrow, and when I asked them to confirm it was there and whether or not it had the art book... they kept repeating the release date was tomorrow in the computer and couldn't tell me anything. So I'm not even sure if it's there. Did they say they would at least special order you one?

I'm a little worried my Shinovi Vs won't be there. I did an in store order, but when I look online it doesn't let you order with store pick up. I'm thinking that will end up similar to the issues people had with P4AU :wall:

It's still available for ordering on BBY.com, so I'm sure I can just OMS a copy to that store and get it in a few days, or just do ship to home w/ expedited shipping. That will most likely be faster.

The voicemail they left only said that I could cancel the order or wait a few days to see if they get any (which doesn't seem likely if their inventory system says 0 en route). Normally I'd be upset but I don't really care in this case. Not dying to grab a copy at launch so whatever. First time I've had an issue with in-store pickup pre-orders.

BBY does send "ready for pickup" emails out a day early. It's happened to me many times, but with games there's no reason to even head down to check. They won't sell it to you until Tuesday/Friday.

Own both the PS3 and the Vita versions, and both are great. Controls wise, I prefer the PS3 because I find the touchscreen scratch notes to be a pain. There's one extreme song I just can't beat because the vita seems to always miss at least one of my scratches so I don't get the Technical Bonus.

On the other hand, the ability to play the game anywhere means my Vita version has seen more playtime. Both are absolutely excellent, and well worth the money if you liked the demo.

On the Vita TV topic, as far as system activations on your account, does it count as a Vita? I already have two Vitas on my account, so will I be able to use a Vita TV?

Own both the PS3 and the Vita versions, and both are great. Controls wise, I prefer the PS3 because I find the touchscreen scratch notes to be a pain. There's one extreme song I just can't beat because the vita seems to always miss at least one of my scratches so I don't get the Technical Bonus.

On the other hand, the ability to play the game anywhere means my Vita version has seen more playtime. Both are absolutely excellent, and well worth the money if you liked the demo.

On the Vita TV topic, as far as system activations on your account, does it count as a Vita? I already have two Vitas on my account, so will I be able to use a Vita TV?
whhhhhhat theres touch screen forced controls for project diva vita on some of the notes :/ . I thought it would be straight up buttons like the psp ones.
Been waiting awhile for a sale on the vita one.

Boobs vita:shinovi versus is out today :D (senran kagura shinovi versus)

Are you able to get your US account on an import Vita TV? I picked up a white PS4 when Destiny launched and am trying to get all of my Playstation gear white to match it.
Yep but you will have to remember that the X and O buttons will be switched for the Vita's interface. It will still be normal for North American games though.

I'm a little worried my Shinovi Vs won't be there. I did an in store order, but when I look online it doesn't let you order with store pick up. I'm thinking that will end up similar to the issues people had with P4AU :wall:
Just went to pick up my Shinovi @ BBY and they didnt get it in. Looks like another P4AU situation where BBY is going to claim the ability to pre-order was a mistake. Creating a thread on their forums right now.

I preordered online with in-store pick up. I got an email today saying it was ready for pick up, so I drove down. When I got there they acted really strange. They said the release date was tomorrow, and when I asked them to confirm it was there and whether or not it had the art book... they kept repeating the release date was tomorrow in the computer and couldn't tell me anything. So I'm not even sure if it's there. Did they say they would at least special order you one?

Just went to pick up my Shinovi @ BBY and they didnt get it in. Looks like another P4AU situation where BBY is going to claim the ability to pre-order was a mistake. Creating a thread on their forums right now.
This is why shipping-to-home is the way to go for niche releases; I'm sorry you both had problems. My copy of Shinovi Versus arrives tomorrow.

Ugh...figured that would be the case again. I might give em till Thursday since thats when my P4AU eventually came.

Still stupid as hell though

Thanks guys for all the advice on Hatsune Miku. I will definitely be picking it up next time it goes on sale for vita, or if I can find a used PS3 copy at Gamestop.

I believe they just started allowing to do that^

As for shipping to home I think people dont do that because it isn't normally free where as to store is and products shipped to the store are less likely to be mangled.

So its a risk vs reward type situation.

whhhhhhat theres touch screen forced controls for project diva vita on some of the notes :/ . I thought it would be straight up buttons like the psp ones.
Been waiting awhile for a sale on the vita one.

Boobs vita:shinovi versus is out today :D (senran kagura shinovi versus)
It is only for one note. The rest are buttons. And I personally prefer the touchscreen over the analog stick that the PS3 version uses. I found it easier and more accurate since you can leave your finger on the touchscreen and just rub. I think the users that have trouble with this may be tapping the screen.

Ugh...figured that would be the case again. I might give em till Thursday since thats when my P4AU eventually came.

Still stupid as hell though
They confirmed on their forums it is the same case as P4AU. Interesting that yours still arrived a few days later though. Maybe I will wait it out til Thursday as I currently am knee deep in Borderlands Pre-sequel and am debating picking up Evil Within.

Well, just came back from picking up the PS TV from BestBuy. I ordered the PSTV by itself, but when I went to go pick it up,they said they didn't get any of these stand alone consoles. All they had were the Lego bundles. CS was so nice though that they gave me the bundle for the price of the console by itself. 

I'll probably give my friend the extra DS3 and I dunno what to do about the Lego game. Is it any good?

Time to set this thing up.

Also waiting on Evil Within to arrive by mail. Heard it's a decent game and that it's more like RE2 or Silent Hill. Though I got the PC version, and there have been nothing but bad reviews about the port job. Though there are console command fixes to uncap the 60fps and the supposed black bars that take up a good chunk of the screen.

Well, just came back from picking up the PS TV from BestBuy. I ordered the PSTV by itself, but when I went to go pick it up,they said they didn't get any of these stand alone consoles. All they had were the Lego bundles. CS was so nice though that they gave me the bundle for the price of the console by itself.

I'll probably give my friend the extra DS3 and I dunno what to do about the Lego game. Is it any good?

Also waiting on Evil Within to arrive by mail. Heard it's a decent game and that it's more like RE2 or Silent Hill. Though I got the PC version, and there have been nothing but bad reviews about the port job. Though there are console command fixes to uncap the 60fps and the supposed black bars that take up a good chunk of the screen.
i want to know whether the ps vita tv gets unbearably hot over long use, and the noise level

Seems more like RE4 from what I'm seeing comments of.

For the Lego game, I've seen some pretty positive comments about it. Nice deal that they gave you the bundle like that.

I ordered online and have it for in-store pickup. I did receive an e-mail this morning saying it's ready for pickup on October 14; so far I have not been told otherwise. I'll report what happens for me in about 12 hours.
To follow up, my store didn't get it in either, no mention of it'll ever be in store. Instead they offered to ship it to my house for free using standard shipping.

Best buy didn't have my senran kagura either but they did a free express shipment to my house and should be here tomorrow
Ugh, why couldn't they do that for me?

I wonder how many times this will happen to me by the end of the year. I still have

Samurai Warriors 4 CE (10/21)

Freedom Wars (10/28)

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition (11/18)

Persona Q Premium Edition (11/25)

for store pick-up.

Really only played EDF portable with the PS TV, I'd say a good 10 min. The games look better if the display is not stretched, though you have to live with black bars. At least for EDF, I can tell when framerate dips. Though it's not a good test since the game features a bunch of models on the screen at one time. 

Also, same clunky Vita menus (personally never got used to them). This time though, there's an annoying feature panel you have to swipe past whenever you press the home button.

Overall, it does what I want it to do, play (some) Vita games on TV/Monitor. Super plus for supporting the DS4, even detects it as one. Though no real touchpad support, just emulation with the L and R sticks.

So far, after running a good half hour, the unit is warm, but not scalding hot. I'll have to log more time with it, but it's not worrying me atm. The thing is very small though, a little bigger than a credit card.

To follow up, my store didn't get it in either, no mention of it'll ever be in store. Instead they offered to ship it to my house for free using standard shipping.

Ugh, why couldn't they do that for me?

I wonder how many times this will happen to me by the end of the year. I still have

Samurai Warriors 4 CE (10/21)

Freedom Wars (10/28)

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition (11/18)

Persona Q Premium Edition (11/25)

for store pick-up.
persona q, and freedom wars looks like bestbuy will have problem delivering

Really only played EDF portable with the PS TV, I'd say a good 10 min. The games look better if the display is not stretched, though you have to live with black bars. At least for EDF, I can tell when framerate dips. Though it's not a good test since the game features a bunch of models on the screen at one time.

Also, same clunky Vita menus (personally never got used to them). This time though, there's an annoying feature panel you have to swipe past whenever you press the home button.

Overall, it does what I want it to do, play (some) Vita games on TV/Monitor. Super plus for supporting the DS4, even detects it as one. Though no real touchpad support, just emulation with the L and R sticks.

So far, after running a good half hour, the unit is warm, but not scalding hot. I'll have to log more time with it, but it's not worrying me atm. The thing is very small though, a little bigger than a credit card.
what about the noise level?

what about the noise level?
There is no discernable noise. I can barely hear anything unless I put my ear right up to it. There are no moving parts in the system I believe. I assume cooling is just a heatsink.

edit: A game I wish was compatible though is Soul Sacrifice Delta, and maybe Sword Art Online Hollowed Fragment.

Is it wrong that I want to get a PS TV in order to play Borderlands 2 vita on it?

What if I told you that I already own the PS3 Version?  And have already played through everything?  And plan to use cross save? 

Is it wrong that I want to get a PS TV in order to play Borderlands 2 vita on it?

What if I told you that I already own the PS3 Version? And have already played through everything? And plan to use cross save?
I'd say your nuts...but whatever you want to do with your time. The Vita version seemed so lackluster from the videos I saw of the game in action.

I'd say your nuts...but whatever you want to do with your time. The Vita version seemed so lackluster from the videos I saw of the game in action.
:D

Honestly, I wouldn't know. I bought it for Vita because I was excited about playing Borderlands on the go, but never got past the change in stick sensitivity. I was shooting about ten feet to either side of my target every time. It has sat on the shelf ever since.

All kidding aside, the PS TV seems like it would be a great "vacation console" or a good system to take to college. Something you can throw in a backpack, plug into a TV and go.

:D

Honestly, I wouldn't know. I bought it for Vita because I was excited about playing Borderlands on the go, but never got past the change in stick sensitivity. I was shooting about ten feet to either side of my target every time. It has sat on the shelf ever since.

All kidding aside, the PS TV seems like it would be a great "vacation console" or a good system to take to college. Something you can throw in a backpack, plug into a TV and go.
i think of vita tv as a steambox that is mainly for japanese niche games. most of the western/US made games can be play on ps3/ps4, with better port. i mean if i had to pick between killzone mercenary and killzone 3 , or killzone shadow fall. i would def choose killzone 3 or shadowfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back