Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So the GameStop I go to usually has what seems to be a gutted box on the ps vita shelf for each limited edition game they carry (ragnarock ace, ect) my question is if I go in to buy senran tomorrow without a preorder will I get screwed and end up with a gutted limited edition?
It depends on how fast the store guts LEs, I think a lot of GameStops I go to leave the LEs behind the counter initially

To follow up, my store didn't get it in either, no mention of it'll ever be in store. Instead they offered to ship it to my house for free using standard shipping.

Ugh, why couldn't they do that for me?

I wonder how many times this will happen to me by the end of the year. I still have

Samurai Warriors 4 CE (10/21)
Freedom Wars (10/28)
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition (11/18)
Persona Q Premium Edition (11/25)

for store pick-up.
DA isn't a true, full LE. [That was exclusive to GS.com] It's just different artwork & a code in the box. Probably no different artwork on the game disk either like the old Bioware CE's. See the Ultimate Editions of any of this fall's EA Sports titles (Madden, NHL, FIFA) for examples.

So that one should be fine. The others ...

DA isn't a true, full LE. [That was exclusive to GS.com] It's just different artwork & a code in the box. Probably no different artwork on the game disk either like the old Bioware CE's. See the Ultimate Editions of any of this fall's EA Sports titles (Madden, NHL, FIFA) for examples.

So that one should be fine. The others ...
Freedom Wars is Sony first party though, so that shouldn't be an issue. Samurai Warriors 4 CE and Persona Q CE are a different story given recent events.

So Vita TV doesn't have any touch support for DS4, is that correct? That's what I'm expecting since I tried out PS Now on my Vita a bit ago and there were no touch controls at all.

Love how on the BBY forum they dont even attempt to say they are gonna fix the preorder shenanigans.

My store said they "should" get mine within a day or two, and if not they'll take care of me. So if that fails I'll just go with Amazon and my 20$ credit there

I received my SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI VERSUS from Best Buy today.

should have been a happy day but........

Best Buy shipped it in a bubble mailer and the game is crushed.

It is going back.

ehhhhh...

So Vita TV doesn't have any touch support for DS4, is that correct? That's what I'm expecting since I tried out PS Now on my Vita a bit ago and there were no touch controls at all.
Nope, none that I could find. The only way they show how to emulate touchscreen controls is to press down on L3 (front) or R3 (back) and move the sticks around like that. No mention of using the DS4 touchpad in that way, even though the system recognizes the controller as a DS4, not a DS3.

It is going back.

ehhhhh...
I was afraid that would happen with Best Buy so I went with GS. Perfect condition. :)

It is going back.

ehhhhh...
you getting that amazon prime treatment. lol

Saw this on GAF, so awesome

Bz7QBA0IgAEZSHk.jpg
Just put in an order for the game because of this. Gotta support these people.

My Best Buy called me and said they didn't receive any copies of Tears to Tiara even though I pre-ordered from them, and that no stores in the region are getting any copies (none on the way either). Anyone else have a similar issue or did you all get yours shipped or something?
I preordered online with in-store pick up. I got an email today saying it was ready for pick up, so I drove down. When I got there they acted really strange. They said the release date was tomorrow, and when I asked them to confirm it was there and whether or not it had the art book... they kept repeating the release date was tomorrow in the computer and couldn't tell me anything. So I'm not even sure if it's there. Did they say they would at least special order you one?

I'm a little worried my Shinovi Vs won't be there. I did an in store order, but when I look online it doesn't let you order with store pick up. I'm thinking that will end up similar to the issues people had with P4AU :wall:
Same story here....knew I should of just had it shipped. As for why you got the "ready for pick up" email conformation, the OMS system Best Buy uses does not allow employees to "No Pick" preordered items. They have to either pick them, or leave them in an open status. And since employees are graded on how quickly they can get items out of open status......well, you can guess.

Got my Senran Kagura Vs from Best Buy today and it's in perfect condition as was my Sin City steel book from Zavvi. Guess the shipping gods have smiled upon me this time.

Got my Senran Kagura Vs from Best Buy today and it's in perfect condition as was my Sin City steel book from Zavvi. Guess the shipping gods have smiled upon me this time.
Ha gratz did it come in bubble mailer? And yes i worry about these things too much.

It did, I got lucky because I had about 15 boxes show up today so they had to leave everything on my front porch. They would have crammed it into my normal mailbox and destroyed it otherwise.
WOW, you got lucky with that bubble mailer. Mine never gets damaged in my box, as it's pretty big so it never gets crushed in the box, instead they almost always get damaged in transit. I was actually going to cancel my Amazon order and go with BB, as they have been killing it on shipping lately(fast shipping and boxed well), but I'm glad I kept my Amazon order now. Sadly, Amazon might use a bubble mailer also, but at least returns are painless when dealing with them.

Same story here....knew I should of just had it shipped. As for why you got the "ready for pick up" email conformation, the OMS system Best Buy uses does not allow employees to "No Pick" preordered items. They have to either pick them, or leave them in an open status. And since employees are graded on how quickly they can get items out of open status......well, you can guess.
I figured there was a good chance something like that happened when I got the email. So my hopes weren't that high they would actually give it to me. I was more shocked how they wouldn't tell me anything, like if it was in the store. Which it turns out it wasn't lol. Not super worried tho, I never actually cancelled my GS pre orders for both games, and I'm not impatiently waiting to play either. P4G + PSTV is getting all my love atm. :drool:

It only seems to work in the actual vita games. I'm guessing it works in remote play too, but I didn't try that yet. But I tested all my games in it last night and was using the touch pad for the stars in Project Diva F. It didn't do anything on the dashboard.

I was pleasantly surprised that some of the games I have that weren't on the list actually worked, like New Little King's Story. I have the EU version of that so I'm not sure if that is why. Which might be the case since my JP version of Ograrhythm didn't work, even tho it is on the list, and was still put out by xseed over there. I'm hoping IFI/NISA gives us the patches for the Hyperdimension games though. I really am enjoying playing games on a bigger screen with a controller.

I was really sad that Ys didn't work. I was hoping it would be like Natural Doctrine and just not confirmed yet. But based on what Tom from xseed said over at neogaf.... that might be a long while:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133442852&postcount=168

Got my SKV in a box but it still came a bit messed up, and it looks like someone stabbed the side with a pen or something lol. Gonna have my local BBY OMS one and swap it out for me. Shipping to home usually leaves me with busted up CEs from BBY. Like... 80% of the time. I guess with T2T it would've been fine cause it's just a normal game + artbook but meh.

Gonna cancel my T2T in-store pickup and think about it for a few days. May just have one shipped.

Woah why was Valkyria Chronicles 2 removed from the ps tv compatibility list? I also wasn't aware that Ys didn't work :( I might hold off on getting one now.

My SKV came as well. Not as bad as expected, but one corner's definitely damaged. My elephant unit SRPG also came, but I'm playing Borderlands Pre-sequel, so I won't be playing much else for awhile.

I know you guys are wary of Newegg, but they've really been stepping their game up lately. SK Shinovi LE came in for me in perfect condition, big box with bubble wrap included. Surprised it came in so soon too!

They were also great with Xillia 2. Then again, it may just be my experience.

Supplice, on 14 Oct 2014 - 4:54 PM, said:
I was afraid that would happen with Best Buy so I went with GS. Perfect condition. :)

PrinnyOtaku, on 14 Oct 2014 - 8:46 PM, said:
Got my SKV in a box but it still came a bit messed up, and it looks like someone stabbed the side with a pen or something lol. Gonna have my local BBY OMS one and swap it out for me. Shipping to home usually leaves me with busted up CEs from BBY. Like... 80% of the time. I guess with T2T it would've been fine cause it's just a normal game + artbook but meh.

Gonna cancel my T2T in-store pickup and think about it for a few days. May just have one shipped.

elessar123, on 14 Oct 2014 - 9:05 PM, said:
My SKV came as well. Not as bad as expected, but one corner's definitely damaged. My elephant unit SRPG also came, but I'm playing Borderlands Pre-sequel, so I won't be playing much else for awhile.
well I don't understand your such dislike for GS, if you care that much about the condition of your purchase, the in store pickup at GS usually guarantees no damage, I tried BB and amazon, its hit or miss or even if you ever get the product, been perfect with going in store to GS to pick up my item, well if it makes you fell better getting attention for complaining for the same problems, then you need help

I know you guys are wary of Newegg, but they've really been stepping their game up lately. SK Shinovi LE came in for me in perfect condition, big box with bubble wrap included. Surprised it came in so soon too!
Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon order and went with Newegg. Amazon loves to charge my card, and then drag their feet shipping. Then I still wouldn't know if they would use a box or bubble mailer. Newegg takes awhile with their free shipping, but my order is cheaper due to no tax and shipping charges, so they get my business instead.

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and cancelled my Amazon order and went with Newegg. Amazon loves to charge my card, and then drag their feet shipping. Then I still wouldn't know if they would use a box or bubble mailer. Newegg takes awhile with their free shipping, but my order is cheaper due to no tax and shipping charges, so they get my business instead.
I've been burned by this thinking 3 times now. CS with newegg has been nothing but useless. The 3 times I called to complain about LE's being shipped in a bubble mailer, they were willing to send an RMA with shipping back.

I also asked them specifically to have them ship the replacement in a box and ALL 3 times they shipped it out again in bubble mailers which resulted in damage to the boxes (conception LE, sorcery saga LE, ragnarok odyssey ME in case you were wondering)

I'm done ordering LE's from them because I know that they will do the wrong thing even after I ask them to do the right thing. For me, I'll take amazon with the delayed shipping, slightly higher cost and better customer service/returns policy. It's the reason why I've been going to gamestop in-store pickup for the LE/CE's.

So, did anyone get a copy of Tears to Tiara II yesterday, or was it just Best Buy that did not get the product in?
I received mine from Amazon. Came nicely packed in a box, but also ordered some shoe polish as well. Very nice package overall with the artbook and also the full color manual. I intend to likely play an hour or 2 tonight, but it looks pretty fun.

I received mine from Amazon. Came nicely packed in a box, but also ordered some shoe polish as well. Very nice package overall with the artbook and also the full color manual. I intend to likely play an hour or 2 tonight, but it looks pretty fun.
Good to hear, although it's just a plastic case with the art pamphlet and CD shrink wrapped to the back of the case, so it was probably pretty safe even if BB or other retailers shipped in a bubble envelope.

Does anyone think physical copies of Tales of Hearts R will have any decent resale value?
Possibly not considering it isn't a gamestop exclusive (only brick and mortar wise) and Bamco's store always keeps new copies in stock and has sales once or twice a year or more. Now the ce will probably fetch a pretty penny but you'd have to be one of the 5 who get it as its eu exclusive.

Also this page is evil :B

humm...

With Best Buy, If I order Senran Kagura for in store pickup, does Best Buy mail the game out to the store on its own (I'm guessing in a bubble mailer once again) or does it get package together w their daily shipments.

humm...

With Best Buy, If I order Senran Kagura for in store pickup, does Best Buy mail the game out to the store on its own (I'm guessing in a bubble mailer once again) or does it get package together w their daily shipments.
I believe they send it along with other items to the store (i.e. it doesn't ship individually), but I've seen those boxes come in and depending on what else is shipped to the store, it can easily crush fragile boxes.

So, did anyone get a copy of Tears to Tiara II yesterday, or was it just Best Buy that did not get the product in?
I got my Tears to Tiara 2 from Best Buy yesterday.

I believe they send it along with other items to the store (i.e. it doesn't ship individually), but I've seen those boxes come in and depending on what else is shipped to the store, it can easily crush fragile boxes.
I haven't had a problem with things getting damaged, but they stuck a big sticker on my Bravely Default CE. And that game had a clear circle sticker seal instead of shrink-wrap, so all the adhesive left a mark.

I haven't had a problem with things getting damaged, but they stuck a big sticker on my Bravely Default CE. And that game had a clear circle sticker seal instead of shrink-wrap, so all the adhesive left a mark.
I use WD-40 to get that adhesive mark off of my plastic CE cases. Any way to get it off of cardboard ones?

Well my Senran Kagura came in the mail from Amazon today and they sent it in a bubble mailer so the corner of the box is a little damaged. -_-

BB SKV showed up today (in a bubble mailer), backside crushed a bit and corners dinged up pretty good.    I messaged the dudes on BB Unboxed, because WTF anyway.  Just like other poster said, they waste my time and money im going to waste theirs.

well I don't understand your such dislike for GS, if you care that much about the condition of your purchase, the in store pickup at GS usually guarantees no damage, I tried BB and amazon, its hit or miss or even if you ever get the product, been perfect with going in store to GS to pick up my item, well if it makes you fell better getting attention for complaining for the same problems, then you need help
Because I don't care for paying MSRP for these CEs to begin with. I order them with GCU and even then half the time I don't think it's worth the amount I paid (price drops in a few months reflect that). I'm not gonna go with GS ever, unless I know it's gonna be OoS super quickly. Otherwise, it's not too much trouble to have BBY swap it out for another copy for me or just return it because I don't like the condition. In that case, I'll just go on with my life without that game for a while.

I don't feel strongly about SKV or T2T. If I did, I'd be more upset. If you want to pay MSRP for all your stuff, that's fine too. Don't really think that's what this forum is for though...

My Senran Kagura from Gamestop came in that brown paper mailer that's a step above an envelope. Disappointed because they were my "definitely boxed" choice previously. Not too bad condition but corners are dinged. For the collectors who demand perfection, you have my admiration. It's more time and energy than I can muster these days.

For those getting damaged copies of Senran Kagura from BestBuy and trying to exchange them for a better copy, does the 2nd copy count towards the 3 GCU limit per title / platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back