Japanese Niche Games Deals Thread: Atlus, NISA, Aksys, XSeed and More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kndy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The following thread are for niche-based Japanese video games by smaller companies such as Atlus, NIS America, AKSYS, XSEED, D3 Publisher, KOEI/TECMO, SNK Playmore, Ignition, Natsume or any sweet deals for those who are passionate and hardcore about Japanese video games even from the bigger companies like SquareEnix, Sega, Bandai Namco, etc.

But to avoid any messiness of links everywhere, we'll focus on games within the last 2-3 years as opposed to the last five-ten. [although, if you do see older titles on sale, please post them regardless].

The theme of these deals are Japanese video games distributed in the US by the smaller niche companies. The thread is literally for those who love Japanese games.
There will be a few Korean games that you may see on this list, such as the "DJ Max" games.

If you see a deal, please post!

NOTE: Please check the most recent page for the latest deals.

And I want to thank many of you in advance who submit their deals and their support!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question about BestBuy shipping in general. For almost all my packages, they send it initially through UPS. Then about 85% of the time, they hand the package over to USPS. What's the reason behind this? Why doesn't UPS take care of the package the whole way? Though, I recently achieved Elite Plus and my first two packages as Elite Plus were delivered via UPS (Free Expedited Shipping option).

Also, my SK came in a bubble mailer as well. Dinged up a little on the corners and edges. But honestly, I don't care since I was going to open it up anyway and never really resell. The book is pretty cool, a lot of pages, and made of cardstock. Haven't opened up the CD yet, since I don't really have a CD player of any kind (then again, could use my PS3).

edit: Also, I WOULD NOT use WD-40 on the Bravely Default LE box. Mine also had a big sticker on it. I managed to get it off, but there's a sort of film covering it that would most likely peel with WD-40 applied to it.

Just a question about BestBuy shipping in general. For almost all my packages, they send it initially through UPS. Then about 85% of the time, they hand the package over to USPS. What's the reason behind this? Why doesn't UPS take care of the package the whole way? Though, I recently achieved Elite Plus and my first two packages as Elite Plus were delivered via UPS (Free Expedited Shipping option).
I8VDIFs.png

They do it for me too, not sure why.

Edit: Just got my copy in a bubble mailer and it wasn't damaged.

Also, my SK came in a bubble mailer as well. Dinged up a little on the corners and edges. But honestly, I don't care since I was going to open it up anyway and never really resell. The book is pretty cool, a lot of pages, and made of cardstock. Haven't opened up the CD yet, since I don't really have a CD player of any kind (then again, could use my PS3).

edit: Also, I WOULD NOT use WD-40 on the Bravely Default LE box. Mine also had a big sticker on it. I managed to get it off, but there's a sort of film covering it that would most likely peel with WD-40 applied to it.
A few years ago, UPS started partnering with USPS to do what's called "last mile" delivery. Essentially, it's cheaper for UPS to hand off a package to the USPS to actually deliver it to someone's home than it is to put the package on a UPS truck and deliver it themselves. Personally, I dislike it because I have had packages handed off from UPS to USPS and they literally sit in the main post office in the city where I live for 4-5 days sometimes before they go our for delivery.

If you see "UPS mail innovations" or "FedEx smartpost" in your shipping or tracking info, it will be handed off to USPS.

They do it for me too, not sure why.

Edit: Just got my copy in a bubble mailer and it wasn't damaged.

A few years ago, UPS started partnering with USPS to do what's called "last mile" delivery. Essentially, it's cheaper for UPS to hand off a package to the USPS to actually deliver it to someone's home than it is to put the package on a UPS truck and deliver it themselves. Personally, I dislike it because I have had packages handed off from UPS to USPS and they literally sit in the main post office in the city where I live for 4-5 days sometimes before they go our for delivery.
Thanks for that explanation. And yep, my packages also stay in the main post office for several days before it is delivered. Maybe this "last mile" delivery is only with BestBuy's standard shipping? Though I'll keep tabs on my Expedited Deliveries and see if it ever happens. Here's to hoping not.

If you see "UPS mail innovations" or "FedEx smartpost" in your shipping or tracking info, it will be handed off to USPS.
Ah ok. So that explains it all. All my standard shipping packages have that extra sticker that say US mail innovations. The two packages I received with Expedited shipping had no such sticker. YES. No more "last mile" shipping for me, so long crappy USPS bastards.

So my Tears to Tiara II story:

I preordered my copy online for store pickup at Best Buy. On Monday, I received an email stating that it was ready to be picked up for Tuesday. My card was also charged as well. On Tuesday I go to pick up the game, and was told that they couldn't find my order... Come to find out, they never received it at all, and I wasted my time going to the store. The CS offered to cancel, which I did. 

On my way home I call the Best Buy number, as I was disappointed and upset about the situation. The rep went above and beyond helping me out. He gave me half off the game, and had the game expedited shipped to my home. 14 hours later, I have the game. 

yeah sure and smart post are so fricken stupid.  Even dumber since they don't always do proper paperwork when dropping it off at the post office so what took a day or 2 to deliver there then takes a week plus to get to my house if it ever does.

I preordered my copy online for store pickup at Best Buy. On Monday, I received an email stating that it was ready to be picked up for Tuesday. My card was also charged as well. On Tuesday I go to pick up the game, and was told that they couldn't find my order... Come to find out, they never received it at all, and I wasted my time going to the store. The CS offered to cancel, which I did.

On my way home I call the Best Buy number, as I was disappointed and upset about the situation. The rep went above and beyond helping me out. He gave me half off the game, and had the game expedited shipped to my home. 14 hours later, I have the game.
i saw the unboxing for tears to tiara with the artbook, the artbook looks the same as dragons crown artbook. maybe a little thinner. i regretted purchasing dragons crown for msrp just for the supposed artbook. so i will pass, but i might pick it up if it drops to $19.99, just so i can play as the elephant char.

freedom wars pvp modes, in one mode you can pretend to be a white knight by carrying and rescuing civilians. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nc6cOz8rRU

Well my Senran Kagura came in the mail from Amazon today and they sent it in a bubble mailer so the corner of the box is a little damaged. -_-
I actually cancelled my Amazon order early this morning, after a CAG member stated their Newegg order arrived in a box. Amazon was dragging their heels on my shipping, so I went with Newegg instead, hopefully they don't let me down.

Yeah, this has been going on awhile now, and i personally can't see how handing packages off after being transported most of the way, is saving anyone money, or making it for anyone involved.

If "X" amount is paid in NY for an item going to LA, and then two different shippers handle that one package, how is either making any money? If UPS is charging a set amount for this delivery, and then USPS steps in to handle the last leg of the journey, isn't UPS loosing money by now paying USPS for their part in the process?

This seems to be only ever done for the cheap or free shipping options, so there must be a part to the overall equation that I don't see or understand, but this is about the dumbest shit I've seen in regards to shipping practices of the last 20+ years. When I look at the tracking info, and see how many facilities and end offices handle one package, and it boggles my mind.

I actually cancelled my Amazon order early this morning, after a CAG member stated their Newegg order arrived in a box. Amazon was dragging their heels on my shipping, so I went with Newegg instead, hopefully they don't let me down.

Yeah, this has been going on awhile now, and i personally can't see how handing packages off after being transported most of the way, is saving anyone money, or making it for anyone involved.

If "X" amount is paid in NY for an item going to LA, and then two different shippers handle that one package, how is either making any money? If UPS is charging a set amount for this delivery, and then USPS steps in to handle the last leg of the journey, isn't UPS loosing money by now paying USPS for their part in the process?

This seems to be only ever done for the cheap or free shipping options, so there must be a part to the overall equation that I don't see or understand, but this is about the dumbest shit I've seen in regards to shipping practices of the last 20+ years. When I look at the tracking info, and see how many facilities and end offices handle one package, and it boggles my mind.
I have opposite experience with this handing off to USPS. I lived in large apartment/condo complexes in large cities all my life, and the UPS/Fedex have rotating delivery personnel that can never figure out how those complexes operate in terms of security gates and central customer service centers (I don't blame them one bit, it is impossible to navigate those complexes). Worst case scenario they just inform me that the package cannot be delivered and I have to pick it up at their centers. When it is handed to USPS they have a fixed post master for the area (obviously) so the item always arrive at the doorstep.

If anyone is interested in the Target exclusive steelbook for Lightning Returns like I was:

I popped into a store today and noticed it was removed. It was taken off planogram and marked discontinued, so following a reset of the section it was removed from the floor. The store I went to had 1 left in the back and said they typically keep discontinued products around for a week or two.

Price was $39.99, so not great, and I wouldn't expect it to be especially valuable down the road - But it could be the last chance outside of resellers.

As annoying as the delay is, at least USPS comes at a similar time every day and DOESN'T LEAVE IT ON THE FRICKEN PORCH I NEVER LOOK AT WITH NO NOTICE. Yeah.

(and yes, I had a package sitting out there for two days because I had no idea it was being sent UPS)

If anyone is interested in the Target exclusive steelbook for Lightning Returns like I was:

I popped into a store today and noticed it was removed. It was taken off planogram and marked discontinued, so following a reset of the section it was removed from the floor. The store I went to had 1 left in the back and said they typically keep discontinued products around for a week or two.

Price was $39.99, so not great, and I wouldn't expect it to be especially valuable down the road - But it could be the last chance outside of resellers.
Given that the PS3 CE is worth $200-$300 sealed (according to Amazon) I wouldn't say it's impossible for it to not gain in value.

Bravely CE was oos even for pre-orders wasn't it? Doubt persona Q is gonna get like that.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The last 2 Japanese portable game LE's (that I'm aware of) that came with a system case, Persona 4 Golden and Neptunia on Vita, are now worth around $300 or higher sealed.

It was posted in the CE thread from the BB forums that basically any low print run game and/or LE (Persona Q, Freedom Wars, etc.) has a danger of not being able to have in store pickup. This may also lead to problems fulfilling orders of small print run games as the person above had with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax without shipping delays or calls to BB customer service.

The quote from the CE thread:

"http://forums.bestbu...-id/7247/page/3

For some titles with limited quantities, we’re unfortunately unable to offer Store Pickup options. It would appear that the Hulkamania Edition of WWE 2K15 is one of those titles, and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

The limited nature of this edition is also why the Xbox One version could have easily sold out by now. I can’t guarantee there will be more copies made available in the future, but you can certainly keep an eye on BestBuy.com"

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The last 2 Japanese portable game LE's (that I'm aware of) that came with a system case, Persona 4 Golden and Neptunia on Vita, are now worth around $300 or higher sealed.
Not sure about P4, but Neptunia was limited to a certain number of copies. I don't think Persona Q is.

I have opposite experience with this handing off to USPS. I lived in large apartment/condo complexes in large cities all my life, and the UPS/Fedex have rotating delivery personnel that can never figure out how those complexes operate in terms of security gates and central customer service centers (I don't blame them one bit, it is impossible to navigate those complexes). Worst case scenario they just inform me that the package cannot be delivered and I have to pick it up at their centers. When it is handed to USPS they have a fixed post master for the area (obviously) so the item always arrive at the doorstep.
I feel your pain^, when I still lived in Los Angeles almost 20 years ago, I had these same issues, and my mom who still lives in the same apartment complex, still has these issues from time to time. This is more of what I can't understand about the major package carriers.

How is there a location on any given route, where access can't be had? In my complex back home, there is a call box with names clearly displayed, but FedEx and UPS at the time, couldn't be bothered to use it. Now, my mom has a good rapport with UPS/USPS persons so she can call the them on their cells and make plans when she's on vacation, or away from home. But it's now a job she must do, as the delivery services can't be reliable to do their jobs as required and deliver and actual package to a specific address, WTF!?

It was posted in the CE thread from the BB forums that basically any low print run game and/or LE (Persona Q, Freedom Wars, etc.) has a danger of not being able to have in store pickup. This may also lead to problems fulfilling orders of small print run games as the person above had with Persona 4 Arena Ultimax without shipping delays or calls to BB customer service.

The quote from the CE thread:

"http://forums.bestbu...-id/7247/page/3

For some titles with limited quantities, we’re unfortunately unable to offer Store Pickup options. It would appear that the Hulkamania Edition of WWE 2K15 is one of those titles, and I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

The limited nature of this edition is also why the Xbox One version could have easily sold out by now. I can’t guarantee there will be more copies made available in the future, but you can certainly keep an eye on BestBuy.com"
That's what I remember too, that pretty much the only way to get niche titles from Best Buy was to get it shipped to your home. I was pretty surprised that it was available for pick-up, and decided to chance it. Now I definitely know better.

The only reason I got Prime was so that they would stop sending me things through the post office.  I really wish they'd either have multiple Prime tiers, or let you pick your shipping cost based on carrier instead of time.  I'd wait longer just to avoid the USPS.  To everyone that thinks that sounds dumb, you should be grateful that you don't live within the covered range of a terrible US Post Office.

"Hi, I was wondering why nobody picked up my outgoing mail today"

"We don't have to go to your house every day."

"What do you mean you don't have to go to my house? You're the Post Office"

"How are we supposed to know you have outgoing mail?"

"How am I supposed to know I have incoming mail?"

This is why the post office is loosing billions annually, and they don't seem to concerned to fix the "known" issues.

This is why the post office is loosing billions annually, and they don't seem to concerned to fix the "known" issues.
Actually, they aren't loosing billions as a result of poor service or efficiency for the most part. Most of their financial issues stem from the requirement that they pre-fund pension obligations, a drop off in mail volume as a result of technology and being forced to deliver mail six days a week when the volume doesn't justify it. Also, the post office doesn't have an obligation to check for outgoing mail in a home mailbox every day nor do they have to stop at a mail box if there is no mail for that address. I can't believe anyone actually thought that or was upset about it.

Frankly, I have had far more problems with the poor service I get from UPS and FedEx (lost or damaged packages, delivery people not bothering to even ring the bell before they leave a "sorry we missed you" notice, no way to pick up packages on weekends or after hours, etc...) than the post office and those are non-government entities that are supposed to be better because of their private business status.

Actually, they aren't loosing billions as a result of poor service or efficiency for the most part. Most of their financial issues stem from the requirement that they pre-fund pension obligations, a drop off in mail volume as a result of technology and being forced to deliver mail six days a week when the volume doesn't justify it. Also, the post office doesn't have an obligation to check for outgoing mail in a home mailbox every day nor do they have to stop at a mail box if there is no mail for that address. I can't believe anyone actually thought that or was upset about it.

Frankly, I have had far more problems with the poor service I get from UPS and FedEx (lost or damaged packages, delivery people not bothering to even ring the bell before they leave a "sorry we missed you" notice, no way to pick up packages on weekends or after hours, etc...) than the post office and those are non-government entities that are supposed to be better because of their private business status.
As I said, be grateful that you have never had to experience a bad post office.

Double post edit: I realize it was cheaper to preorder with the credit, but if anyone missed out on that I see that Natural Doctrine for PS3 and Vita are down to $34.

http://www.amazon.com/NAtURAL-DOCtRINE-PlayStation-3/dp/B00K5UZMLC/ref=pd_sim_vg_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1N2YK5TTDP3JPKGM9B22

Hey guys, Guilty Gear Xrd has a release date, 12/16! And as a bonus, you can download the DLC character Elphelt for a limited time over PSN when the game is out, dunno how long before she reverts to paid (kinda like P4AU), also, check out the swag from the US LE! X3
gg_LE-Mock1-e1413481028720.jpg

Hey guys, Guilty Gear Xrd has a release date, 12/16! And as a bonus, you can download the DLC character Elphelt for a limited time over PSN when the game is out, dunno how long before she reverts to paid (kinda like P4AU), also, check out the swag from the US LE! X3
gg_LE-Mock1-e1413481028720.jpg
Wait, is that different from the edition that comes with an arcade pad or whatever?

So you're annoyed that they didn't come pick up a letter you had on a day you didn't get anything? Not so sure that's a valid complaint.

Now if they are just not bothering to go some days if you DO have mail, then yes I'd go as high up as you can to bitch. But....why should they bother if they don't have anything for you?

Update on my Senran Kagura situation. Manager was at the store today and totally purplexed by the situation, she checked all the shipping records and nobody had any copies inbound. So she offered to either do a manual ship to store for a copy, or an expedited ship to home. I chose the latter since it would arrive Monday (As opposed to the 20-24th for instore)

Doesn't seem like this will end up like some peoples P4AU's did.

So you're annoyed that they didn't come pick up a letter you had on a day you didn't get anything? Not so sure that's a valid complaint.

Now if they are just not bothering to go some days if you DO have mail, then yes I'd go as high up as you can to bitch. But....why should they bother if they don't have anything for you?
I didn't think my anecdote needed to be explained so thoroughly, though this is the internet so I should have known better. My carriers walk through my property every day to get to the houses on each side of me (rather than going back to the street). And before someone stops reading this to say that I'm still wrong, I don't actually care that they do that. There was mail sticking out of the mail box on both of my neighbors houses on each side of me. I checked this, because I was curious if they just hadn't gone through yet. They literally walked right next to my mailbox; which is a rural style mailbox with a big red flag sticking up saying that I have outgoing mail (a flag which can very easily be seen from the street as well) and they ignored it. When I called them and politely (which also apparently wasn't obvious to anyone that read my post?) asked why they didn't pick up my outgoing mail, the person in charge went off.

I've gone a week without receiving mail of any kind, then had it all delivered in one big bundle (there was the prior week's ads and that week's ads surrounding the rest of the mail with a range of postage marks). I've had magazines and mail thrown in the snow and mud rather than in my enclosed mailbox. I've seen them reading my mail (as in actual mail, not a magazine) at my mailbox. Someone I know in the area has to pick their mail up from the post office because the people that lived there before them had a vicious dog and they refuse to deliver to that house.

Please don't assume that I didn't get my mail one day and started flipping tables over demanding free mail money..

Do you not have a red flag or something indicating you have mail to be picked up?....

Edit. This has gone way off topic.

Actually, they aren't loosing billions as a result of poor service or efficiency for the most part. Most of their financial issues stem from the requirement that they pre-fund pension obligations, a drop off in mail volume as a result of technology and being forced to deliver mail six days a week when the volume doesn't justify it.
Yeah, I'm well aware of the "pension" issues, and where the majority of the bleeding of funds is going. I worked at the post office 20+ years ago, and I've had tons of jobs since, and when I go to the post office to mail a package or pick one up, it is still the most inefficient business I've ever seen. And I've seen the worst of the worst. LOL

On any given day, lines are out the door, and there's one or two people working the windows. The business is there for more workers, but due to the pension issues, and lack of funds, when employees retire, they aren't being replaced, and there is no way to run a business, without ample help. There is also no real threat to job loss, so the employees move like they have a lifetime to do anything.

If anyone here walked in to Best Buy and there was a 30 minute wait to check out, they would be out of business. Same for any retail operation. Due to the red tape of the post office and government legalities, USPS is in hard place, and there is no easy fix, but proper service would go a long way to build public confidence.

Just got mine from Amazon. Has minor dents which I can live with but for some reason it has a large pen drawn circle on the box, under the wrapping.

I didn't think my anecdote needed to be explained so thoroughly, though this is the internet so I should have known better. My carriers walk through my property every day to get to the houses on each side of me (rather than going back to the street). And before someone stops reading this to say that I'm still wrong, I don't actually care that they do that. There was mail sticking out of the mail box on both of my neighbors houses on each side of me. I checked this, because I was curious if they just hadn't gone through yet. They literally walked right next to my mailbox; which is a rural style mailbox with a big red flag sticking up saying that I have outgoing mail (a flag which can very easily be seen from the street as well) and they ignored it. When I called them and politely (which also apparently wasn't obvious to anyone that read my post?) asked why they didn't pick up my outgoing mail, the person in charge went off.

I've gone a week without receiving mail of any kind, then had it all delivered in one big bundle (there was the prior week's ads and that week's ads surrounding the rest of the mail with a range of postage marks). I've had magazines and mail thrown in the snow and mud rather than in my enclosed mailbox. I've seen them reading my mail (as in actual mail, not a magazine) at my mailbox. Someone I know in the area has to pick their mail up from the post office because the people that lived there before them had a vicious dog and they refuse to deliver to that house.

Please don't assume that I didn't get my mail one day and started flipping tables over demanding free mail money..
To me, you don't sound unreasonable at all. It just sounds like your local PO is pretty lazy. IME, most local POs are better than that.

I'm interested in GG Xrd, but as for PS4 sticks, are there any that are officially announced that work on the system? I really don't want to shell out for another stick. Please, just bring Xrd to the PC.

Both of those were released in much more limited quantities than the Persona Q LE apparently will, though. I still expect it to go up in value, I just think it will take some time, unlike the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back